Chapter 6

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You seem quite familiar around Luhan. Do you know him or something?" Jonghyun asked. Here he was alone with Jieun in his own room. Jieun only shrugged her shoulder in response, and looked away. 

"You sure? Because you can always tell the truth. I mean, if Luhan is someone important to you, you don't have to help me out," he informed her. He tried to study her face, but she continued to avoid eye contact. When he did catch a glimpse of her, her expression was quite sour and her skin turned white as his bed sheets. 

He heaved a sigh and shake his head. "Fine, fine. There's no reason for you to tell me. Anyways, just remember to do what you're planned to do. The plan is written right here. If you have any questions, just call me."

He stared out the window to see if Taemin or Luhan, who had left ten minutes ago, came back. He waited for a response, but the fellow girl did not say a word. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and looked over his shoulder. He saw Jieun frown, and realized what he had said earlier. Blushing in embarrassment, he avoided her eyes and looked around the room.

"I-I mean, you can, like, text me or something. Calling wouldn't necessarily work with your situation," he muttered. Jieun smiled, then pulled out her phone. She tapped on Jonghyun's shoulder, signaling him to exchange phone numbers. He obeyed, pulled out his phone, and added Jieun's number to his contact. Jieun did the same, and once they finally exchanged numbers, the door swung open. The two looked up, and found Luhan and Taemin holding a bag full of crafting materials.

"W-We're back," Taemin stuttered. 

Jonghyun yawned and stretched. "You know what? It's getting kind of dark. Shall we work on our plans tomorrow or something?"

"Are you kidding me? We just brought the stuff, and the sun is still up," Luhan pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I have to go to tutor in thirty minutes, so I want to finish up my homework. Jieun, you and Taemin have a test tomorrow, right?" Jonghyun asked. 

Taemin raised an eyebrow. "But we don't have a te--"

Jieun quickly stepped on Taemin's shoes to prevent him from saying anymore. Taemin yelped in pain, and gave her a wide look, as if he never imagined her doing such a thing. The innocent girl flashed him a smile, and nodded her head in agreement with Jonghyun.

"Hey, Jieun. Is your home close? If it is, I'm willing to take you home--"

"No." The three stared at Luhan, who had an uncomfortable look on his face. "I... I can take Jieun home!"

Jonghyun paused, then nodded his head. "Oh yeah, you did say that you know where Jieun lives. What do you say... Jieun?"

He stared at Jieun, who sunk herself to the corner of the room. She seemed to be shaking her head, as if she was against the idea of Luhan taking her home. Luhan glanced over at Jieun, and Jonghyun looked over at Luhan.

"Okay... New plan! Taemin, why don't you take Jieun home?"

"I... have a better plan! Why don't I take Jieun and Taemin home?" Luhan suggested. Jonghyun gave him a glare, finally feeling irritated over Luhan's persistence. Luhan smirked and gave him a haughty look. "What? Are you planning to just let Jieun walk home alone?"

"No! No, no, no!" Jonghyun exclaimed. "No! It's nothing like that!" He looked away and quietly muttered, "It's just that you're freaking annoying..."

"What'd you say?"

"Nothing! Really, nothing!" Jonghyun faked a laugh and opened his door. "You know what? It would be perfect for you all the leave. I... have a huge test tomorrow, and I really want to get to it before midnight."

During the trip back home, Jieun found herself in an unusual position. Normally, she would either take the taxi home or walk home alone. However, after a long period of not walking home with friends (especially guys), she finally realized that she was in between Taemin and Luhan, who walked along with her. 

"So... Your friend, Jonghyun. He's... an interesting fellow," Luhan said.

"I know, right? Jonghyun is amazing! To think that he could get the most popular girl in my class to team up with us is amazing. You know, I almost thought that I had to pay my other friend a whole meal for an entire week!" Taemin exclaimed. His eyes glowed with excitement and he turned to Jieun with a smile. "Thank goodness that I don't have to waste my money anymore!"

To this, Jieun gave him a soft giggle. He's pretty nice.

"Hey, Taemin. Where's your house?" Luhan asked, f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter