Chapter 5

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Jonghyun could grant one wish right now, it would be for Luhan to disappear from his sight. The four--Jonghyun, Luhan, Jieun, and Taemin--were hanging around in Jonghyun's room, doing homework and pretending that the atmosphere wasn't as heavy as it seemed. They all waited patiently for someone to speak or for someone to interrupt the awkward silence. It was only a matter of seconds until Jonghyun's mother came inside with a tray of milk and cookies.

"Who's hungry?" his mother asked. 

"Me! Me!" Taemin exclaimed, watching the mother put down the tray on the floor. He picked up a cookie from the plate, then moaned in delight. "Mrs. Kim, your cookies are the best!" 

"They're only good because I make them with a special ingredient," Jonghyun's mother said, smiling at them. "If you guys want something, I'll be in the kitchen."

Jonghyun's mother closed the door, leaving the four back to their silent conversation. Luhan cleared his throat, then leaned back to examine the room. His eyes stopped at one particular side of the room, where there were plenty of framed pictures. He got up on his feet, which made Jonghyun stare at him. When Jonghyun realized that Luhan was heading towards the only photo he had of Yoona, he got up on his feet quickly and pushed Luhan to the ground.

"What the-- What the heck is your problem?" Luhan hissed.

"My problem is you being here," Jonghyun snapped. "Just sit down and don't get back up."

"What if I need to use the restroom?"

"Then you pee in your pants."

"Jonghyun, aren't you going too far? I don't think Luhan means any harm," Taemin said. 

Jonghyun dropped his jaws. "But he-- That-- My-- He's in my room!"

"I'll get out if Jieun says to get out," Luhan said. He stopped at his word, then flashed a grin. "Verbally."

You are such a jerk. If you weren't at my house, I would totally strangle you! Jonghyun thought violently, imagining the pleasure of wrapping his fingers around Luhan's neck and choking him to death. 

While Jonghyun was too angry to notice, Taemin saw how Jieun was using her hands to communicate. He pretended that he didn't notice, but he swore that he saw Luhan respond back. With sign language.

"Freaky," he muttered quietly.

"The only thing freaky is that guy!" Jonghyun shouted, pointing at Luhan. "Why is he in my room and not some cram school or anything?"

Taemin sighed, and only shook his head.

Jieun was rather... confused. For starters, she didn't understand how Luhan had joined them. She was even more confused when Luhan acted quite friendly around Jonghyun, making it seem as if they were best of friends. 

"I'll get out if Jieun says to get out," Luhan said. There was a pause, and he grinned afterwards. "Verbally."

Jieun glanced over at Jonghyun, whose face was red with rage. He had a murderous glint in his dark eyes, and it seemed as if he was ready to jump on him and possibly kill him. Jieun sowly shook her head, and turned to face Luhan's victorious smirk. From the corner of his eyes, Luhan noticed her staring and turned his head over to her direction. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter