Chapter 21

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the salty breeze hit Jonghyun's bony cheeks, he flinched and hid behind Taemin, who was happy to be at the beach. His little friend was incredibly proud of him, especially since he actually went outside for once. The truth was, if it wasn't Jieun who asked him, then Jonghyun's wouldn't have been here.

Am I moving on, or am I still stuck on the same place? he wondered to himself, searching for Jieun. His heart skipped a beat when his eyes met Jieun, who seemed to be looking for him. The two blushed and looked away, surprised that both of them had the same intentions. She nervously walked over to him, but she wasn't alone. Behind her, there were her friends Jiyeon, Minah, and Bomi.

"Ugh, you had to bring these girls?" Taemin muttered, shooting a glare at Minah and Bomi, who previously made fun of Jonghyun. Jonghyun elbowed Taemin's rib, gesturing him to act more of a gentleman. 

"Well, we didn't know that we would be socializing with you guys. Seriously, you two are gross!" Minah exclaimed, sticking her tongue out.

Taemin was just about to say something else until he heard someone hop out of the car. The group turned around and found Bora brushing her long, wavy hair to the side while locking the red vehicle with a single button. She flashed them a smile and walked over to them, making the girls feel vulnerable. Jieun seemed more tense than ever, and she seemed confused over why Bora arrived in the same car as Jonghyun.

"You guys don't know her, huh? This is Bora. Bora, the girls over here are Minah, Bomi, Jiyeon, and Jieun." Jonghyun paused and stared at Jieun, who seemed a bit pale. "She was willing to give us a ride. It was better than arriving late on the bus."

"It was a pity that we had a third wheel, but oh well," Bora commented, flipping her hair. She rested her arm against Jonghyun's broad shoulders, and Jieun couldn't help but feel envious. To Jonghyun, though, it was more of a casual skin ship rather than an intimate one.

"Oh, look. There's your boyfriend!" Bomi exclaimed, grabbing ahold of Jieun's arm while frantically pointing at the group of boys approaching them. Just like she said, Luhan was there, but he was walking behind Hongki, who kept flirting with all the girls he saw.

Bora shuddered. "I can't believe I'm still related to him. Gross!"

Gross, indeed, Jonghyun agreed silently. When Hongki finally stopped showering the strangers with kisses, he looked up and found his cousin. At first, he waved, greeting his cousin with happiness. However, when his eyes rolled over to Jieun, he frowned, almost disgusted to see her.

"Huh. So you really did invite these pests. How annoying," Hongki muttered to Luhan.

"I can't believe you invited yourself to play. Honestly, the group would be a lot more better without you," Bora fought back, protecting the new guests. Hongki stuck out his tongue, but Luhan managed to slap his head.

"Cut it out, Hongki. You're making them feel awkward," Luhan snapped. He looked at Jieun, then smiled. "It's nice to see you here early. Sorry that we were late. Hongki was going to drive us, but his car got stolen. We had to ride the bus." He glanced over at the red car Bora came in. "Though now that I'm looking at this, I see that his cousin was the thief?"

"He was drunk, and I took advantage. He gave me the keys to his car," Bora defended.

Jieun widened her eyes and slowly walked back. "Drink…ing?"

Luhan noticed, and quickly tried to change the conversation. "So who's ready to play? We checked the hotel, and it's all set. Dinner is at six, so we have a couple of hours to hang out on the beach."

"I got a volleyball in the trunk. Should I get it?" Bora asked.

"I'm going to take a walk. I like the breeze," Jonghyun said. He walked away, leaving the group. Bora quickly threw the keys to Hongki, who barely caught it.

"Wait! I'll go with you!" she exclaimed, running up to him.

Taemin anxiously followed them. "Jonghyun! Don't leave me alone! Wait up!"

Luhan smirked. "Man, those guys are missing all the fun. Want to play volley–"

"I actually want to walk, too," Jieun said, chasing after the trio. Luhan widened his eyes, surprised that she would rather hang out with Jonghyun instead of him. He growled and curled up his fist. Before he went after her, he felt someone catch him by the arms. He turned around, seeing Jiyeon glare at him.

"What?" Luhan asked quickly, checking back. "Can you let go? I really want to–"

"I don't know what you're up to, but I despise you. I don't want you to do anything funny on this trip, okay? If history repeats itself, who knows what will happen to Jieun," Jiyeon whispered.

"I promise that I won't do anything strange–"

"You already did! You brought her back with the old gang. What are you going to do? As far as I see it, these guys haven't changed!"

"They did! They changed, just like how I did."

"Are you sure you changed? From how I see it, you're still the same guy who dragged her into a huge mess," Jiyeon said. She released her grip, waiting for Luhan to say something back. However, he ignored her, and ran off to find Jieun. Jiyeon heaved a sigh and shook her head. 

"What a complete jerk," she muttered.

Jieun knew that she shouldn't do this. She knew that she shouldn't get involved. She knew that Taemin would be there, and he would be there to keep things cool. But what if things weren't cool? What if Taemin thought that Bora was a good girl and that Jonghyun should be with Bora? Then who else was going to stop them? Obviously, Jieun had to do something. As far as she knew it, this was for Jonghyun; it wasn't for her.

She always thought that something was fishy with Bora. Jieun noticed how awfully close she was to him. It was strange, since she never met her. Were they friends? Close friends? Best friends? What if they weren't even friends at all? Were they a couple? Was that possible, though? Did Yoona not matter?

"So about this Yoona girl… Tell me, what kind of person was she?" Bora asked, clasping her hands together.

"She was a good girl," Jonghyun replied. "She was… a good friend, too."

Jieun gave Bora a smug look. She liked how Jonghyun was being all quiet about Yoona. As much as she didn't like listening to that topic, it was much better than having another girl hear about her. Bora pouted, then nodded her head.

"Okay, fine. I guess I did make you mad before when we were talking about her," Bora muttered. "Then… Tell me about yourself."

"What is there to know about me?" Jonghyun asked, letting out a small laugh.

"You know, just anything! Your favorite food, favorite drink, favorite anything!"

"Since when were you so interested in me? Sorry, but all those information are classified," Jonghyun said.

"Then are you going to do it?" Bora asked. This time, Jieun's ears perked up.

"What? What do you mean by 'it'?"

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter