Chapter 15

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At six o'clock, Jonghyun and Jieun arrived at another school's gym. The room was crowded and full of people who came to cheer on their respective schools. The pair managed to squeeze themselves and sit at the front seat, where they had an excellent spot to view the game.

"Are you hungry?" he asked her, reaching into the white plastic bag. He pulled out some chips and a can of soda. "I brought something to snack on. You're going to get hungry if you just watch them."

"Why?" Jieun asked. After much practice, her voice seemed to have gotten better. However, whenever someone would suddenly approach her, she would resort to sign language if Jonghyun was with her, or stutter if he wasn't.

"I'm the type who gets tired after watching others run around," he explained, already munching on an onion ring.

When his hand went back to grab another onion ring, it slightly brushed against Jieun's hand, which were about to dive into the bag of chips. Quickly, both of them withdrew their hands and blushed. Noticing how fast his heart was beating, Jonghyun began to curse himself in his mind.

Am I forgetting about Yoona? he wondered, staring down at his hand. I can't forget about Yoona, though. I just can't.

"A-Ah, look! There's L-Luhan!" Jieun exclaimed, trying to change the mood. The boy's brown eyes followed her finger, where it pointed to the star basketball player. When he looked around him, a few girls were holding out banners which specifically wrote "Luhan, good luck!"

Talk about fan girls, he thought, smirking. He looked down at Luhan, who was busy talking to the coach. When their eyes met, Luhan shot him a dirty glare and stormed off. Jonghyun blinked his eyes, surprised.

"Did he just glare at me?" he asked. Luhan looked back up, then smiled fondly at Jieun.

"Um, I can't tell," Jieun said. "Maybe, or maybe not?"

Jonghyun scratched his head. "I'm pretty sure that he was glaring at me..."

He snapped out of his thoughts when a loud whistle echoed in the gym. Quickly, the boys reacted and everyone began to grow tense. On the opposing team, a rather young, tall boy approached the center. Luhan glanced at Kris, as if he was telling him to go against the other tall boy. Kris obeyed, and fortunately, he was a few centimeters taller than the enemy.

"Good luck, Luhan" Jieun whispered. Jonghyun slowly looked at her, while the referee threw the ball up in the air.

Over half an hour, the game ended with 6 to 2--2 being Luhan's team. The losing team shook hands with the other team while scorning or giving off a bitter expression. After shaking hands, the team were offered to take a quick shower at the boy's locker room, which they didn't hesitate to take. Jieun and Jonghyun crawled away from the stands with a grim expression.

"How unlucky of us," Jonghyun mumbled. "Wasn't Luhan the best team player?"

"He seemed bother, though," Jieun replied. "And he kept looking at us."

But he kept glaring at you and only stared at me, she thought, nodding her head.

"True, he was."

Was he going to mention how oddly Luhan looked at him? She waited for a few minutes, hopeful, yet doubtful of him at the same time. When he showed no desire of discussion, she let out a deep sigh. 

Of course he wasn't. Jonghyun was a man of his own thoughts; his private thoughts. It was also Yoona whom he enjoyed conversing about, and she disliked talking about her. 

"Oh, I think I see our teammates," Jonghyun mentioned, pointing at a group of guys climbing aboard on the bus. Jieun looked up and found Luhan searching for someone in the messy crowd. When their eyes met, he broke into a smile and approached them. When he neared, Jieun swore that she saw Jonghyun take a step in front of her with his arm barely crossed over her, as if he was going to protect her. However, he withdrew the rare action in a blink of an eye and gently pushed her forward.

"Jieun! I was looking all over for you," Luhan exclaimed, breaking into a soft smile.

"As if that wasn't obvious," Jonghyun muttered under his breath.

"Hi Luhan! That was a... good game.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter