Chapter 11

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week after Jonghyun had the dream of Yoona had her grave, he had a hard time sleeping. What did that dream mean? Was it some sort of sign? He was glad that he was able to see Yoona, but it was strange. Every time he replayed the scene where Jieun fell over the building, his heart wouldn't stop racing in anxiety. His eyes would burst themselves open, and he would sweat a bit.

Therefore, during the entire week, he had avoided Jieun. He never went to the library to visit her, nor did he try to send her a text. Whenever Jieun sent him a text, his replies were short and emotionless. However, Jieun never came to him or asked him why he was avoiding her.

Until today.

Jonghyun was slowly eating his sandwich during lunch until a hand appeared on his desk. When he glanced up, his eyes followed the slender, pale arm to Jieun's frowning look. When he caught her eyes, he carefully sank down in his seat. Too furious to use a notebook to communicate, Jieun began to use her hands.

"Hey Jieun," Jonghyun mumbled, avoiding her eyes. Not only was he ashamed to face her, but he couldn't understand what she was trying to say at all. A few other students around them stared at them, wondering why the beautiful Jieun would try to talk to the normal student like Jonghyun.

"She's saying, 'Where have you been? Why are you avoiding me?'" Out of nowhere, Luhan approached them with a lunchbox in his hand. To any normal person, it was just a lunchbox. To Jonghyun, it seemed to be a rather large box.

Did he make his own lunch to share it with someone? Jonghyun wondered. Jieun snapped her fingers in front of his face, causing him to focus back at her. He bit his bottom lip and looked to his side.

"Uh... I haven't been avoiding you. I-I mean, haven't you heard from Taemin? I'm..." Jonghyun searched around the room for any ideas that might pop into his head. His eyes caught sight of a girl sharing a chocolate bar with her friends. "...out of chocolate! Yep, I'm out of chocolate, so I didn't know how to face you and... yeah."

Jieun pulled out a chair and sat in front of him. She blew her bangs and continued to sign. Luhan grabbed another chair and put his lunch on the table. He unwrapped the cloth, and took out two cups and a bottle.

"Chicken soup?" Luhan offered her. He glared at Jonghyun. "By the way, she said, 'You make up the worse excuses, Kim Jonghyun. You owe me twice as much choco--'" Luhan suddenly stopped and stared at Jieun. "Wait, what? How many chocolates have you been eating?"

Jieun shrugged her shoulders, not wanting to answer him. He growled and handed her the cup of chicken soup. Jonghyun stared at the hot food with puppy eyes, hoping that he could have some. However, when Luhan sneered, Jonghyun scowled and remembered how cruel Luhan was. He got up from the table and scratched the back of his neck.

"Whatever. I still have to do some stuff," Jonghyun muttered. He gave Luhan a cold look. "Have you visited Yoona's grave yet?"

Luhan stiffened. "N-No. Wait, w-who's Yoona?"

Jieun stared at the boy who ignored Jonghyun's dumbfounded expression. Jonghyun scoffed, then nodded his head as he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Figures. You're just some weak idiot," he muttered. "See you later, Jieun. Luhan, I better not see you near Yoona or anything related to her anymore, understand?"

Luhan shoved his hands in his pocket. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Twenty minutes before school ended, Jieun was stuck in the middle of her history lecture. She was confused. In twenty minutes, was she supposed to go to Jonghyun and cheer him up about Yoona, or was she supposed to go to Luhan and scold him for being inconsider for someone who had feelings for the dead girl? Suddenly, she felt her chest squeeze in pain after thinking of Jonghyun was holding onto someone who wasn't even alive. 

That's kind of sad, she thought, biting her bottom lip. But I shouldn't force him to say anything about Yoona. Just in case.

"Who here is able to answer the question?" the teacher suddenly asked. She stared at Jieun, who was staring down at her book with eyes ready to drift off to sleep. "Jieun, will you please answer it?"

Jieun snapped out of her thoughts and looked around. "Y-Yes?"

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter