Chapter 10

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Was it wrong for Jonghyun to feel immensely happy over how Luhan was slowly falling into his trap?

His answer: nope!

"So Jieun," Jonghyun started, "are you excited over meeting Yoona?"

The two were about to approach Yoona's grave. It was sunset, and in a few hours, the sky would darken into night.

"Yes," Jieun answered, smiling at him. Although Jieun's voice was still rough and sounded unnatural, Jonghyun didn't care. Not only was he happy about Luhan, but he was proud over how he was the one to teach Jieun to speak. For him, hearing her speak was nice for a change. They soon approached a well-cared grave stone.

"Here we are," Jonghyun said. He dropped his backpack and sat on ground. "Hello, Yoona. I see that your parents had came here earlier."

Silence filled the atmosphere. Jieun stared at Jonghyun. Realizing that they were going to be here for a while, she dropped her bag and took off her school blazer. She kneeled next to him. 

"Here's some flowers for being such a beautiful friend," he said, placing the flowers closer to the grave. "By the way, this is Lee Jieun, a friend of mine. She's helping me teach Luhan a lesson! She's also the cutest girl in Taemin's class, you know?"

Jieun flushed her cheeks.

"Oh, and she's mute," Jonghyun added. There was a pause. "Yoona said, 'hi,' Jieun."

Jieun nodded her head and lowered her head to bow. When she lifted her head, she glanced at Jonghyun, who had a soft expression written all over his face. After a few a few moments of watching him talk to the dead soul, Jonghyun sighed and laid on his back. Jieun stared at him in surprise. 

"What? Yoona and I did this all the time," Jonghyun said. "We used to stare at the sky like this, and eventually drifted off to sleep. Except, I'd be the one watching over her. Eventually, I'd fall asleep and when I woke up, she was gone. I waited for a few moments, then she would bring something, like bugs or snacks."

You had a close relationship with her, didn't you? Jieun asked him with her hands.

"Yeah... Those were some good times," Jonghyun mumbled. He rolled his eyes upwards. "Hey, you should do this, too. It's really relaxing. Come on, try!"

He closed his eyes and waited for Jieun to move. When he felt her presence next to him, he smiled and exhaled through his nose. Before he knew it, he was already drifting away to sleep...

Jonghyun found himself standing next to a chocolate shop. He glanced around the small town, where almost all the stores were broken and abandoned. Seeing how he had no other choice, he stepped inside the chocolate shop. Two tiny silver bells that hung above the entrance tingled with delight. When he stepped inside, the concrete floor suddenly turned into a nice, flattened wooden floor.

"Jonghyun! Over here!" a familiar, yet gentle voice called. Jonghyun froze and felt his heart skip a beat. When he turned around, there was a young, beautiful gir, sitting at table on the far corner. Her family chocolate brown hair and her doe-like eyes glowed under the dim light above her. Jonghyun immediately recognized that this woman was Yoona. He rushed towards her, ignoring how the shop was empty except for Yoona and him.

"Yoona, is that... is that really you?" Jonghyun whispered. He grabbed her cold hands, which were solid. Tears swelled up in his eyes when Yoona gave him a small frown.

"Um, yeah. It's me. Gosh, you left me outside in the cold too long!" Her facial expression fell after a moment. "Luhan broke up with me."

Enraged, Jonghyun cupped her cheeks. "Yoona, don't worry. I promise, I'll do something about that jerk." Tears streamed down his cheeks. "Just... Just please don't die, okay? Hang in there, alright? Be strong, Yoona!"

Suddenly, Yoona turned into air. Jonghyun fell forward, seeking into a dark abyss. When he began floating, Yoona appeared in front of him. He tried to run towards her, but then he was suddenly caged up in a bird cage. Through the space between two metal poles, he extended his arm.

"Yoona, stop! Don't leave me! Come back!" he begged. "I promise that I'll do something about Luhan, so don't go! Come back!"

Instead of responding, the young girl shook her head with a smile. She walked over to him, calming Jonghyun's anxious heart. She reached for his hand, and Jonghyun looked down. In his hand, there was a milk chocolate. Jonghyun looked back up, and was surprised to see Jieun instead of Yoona.

Before Jonghyun knew it, he was on the roof of the school building with Jieun. Jieun took a few steps back and closer to the fence that protected the students from falling over. Jonghyun tried to move, but then he was stuck to the ground. As she climbed over the fence and landed on the edge of the roof, Jonghyun began to sweat.

"No... No, no! Stop! Jieun, stop!" Jonghyun cried. A gush of wind blew through his hair while Jieun tipped herself over. "Jieun! No!"

When she fell over, all Jonghyun could hear was Luhan's evil laugh replaying in his head over and over again.

"Yoona!" Jonghyun screamed. He sat up, and looked around himself. Several tombstones stood tall in the sunset. He closed his eyes, and tried to remember where he was. He turned around, and found Yoona's name engraved on the smooth, gray stone. He sighed tiredly, and put his hands over his face.

It was just a dream, Jonghyun thought. Yoona's already dead, idiot.

His heart began to race. "Wait... Jieun?"

He turned to his side

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter