Chapter 1

Milk Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun slammed his hand down on the table. A piece of paper was sandwiched in between the palm of his hand and the table. His friend, Taemin, glanced over at Jonghyun's strange attitude and chewed on his spoonful of rice. After chewing, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and grabbed ahold of the paper.

"What's this?" Taemin asked, staring at the paper with his bright eyes.

"This," Jonghyun started, flipping his brown bangs to the side, "is the list of girls in your class. I want you to tell me the cutest girl in your class, and circle them for me"

Taemin frowned and grabbed his chopsticks. "What? Why?"

"For something," Jonghyun said. "Oh, and she has to be a girl who's good at listening to me and who isn't as pretty as Yoona, but definitely pretty as Yoona."

"Someone who's not as pretty as Yoona, but also pretty as her? Jonghyun, that doesn't make any sense. Are you okay? I know you didn't cry at Yoona's funeral, but you can start crying now," Taemin offered. "Besides, her body isn't found yet. The officers said that they've been searching all over the river--"

"I will not cry," the older man stated firmly. "Just circle the girls and I'll be on my way."

Taemin groaned and grabbed Jonghyun's red pen. He quickly scanned through the paper and circled the names listed. After doing so, he handed the paper back to Jonghyun, who thanked him kindly. Before Jonghyun turned around, he scanned the paper and stopped at a name that had a red star next to it. He glanced at the younger boy, who picked up his chopsticks once again to eat his spinach.

"Um, Taemin? What's this star?" Jonghyun asked. 

Taemin didn't even need to look up. "That is Lee Jieun, and she's the cutest girl in our school. The only problem is that she doesn't talk, and the teacher never calls on her to talk either. She's perfect in every way, no one really likes her. All the girls feel pressured since they're compared to Jieun, so they don't talk to her. The guys don't like her because when they try to make a move, she ignores them. Maybe she's cute, but she's pretty rude."

"Why? Hold up, is she scared of boys?" Jonghyun asked.

"I don't think so," Taemin replied. "I think she's just--"

"Great! Bye, buddy!" Without hearing Taemin's last words, Jonghyun took off. His friend scratched his head and slightly tilted his head.

Should I run and warn him how Jieun was mute a few years ago? he wondered. He paused, then chuckled to himself. Nah. He'll find out.

An alluring woman sat at the middle of the library with a thick dictionary wide open in front of her. Her long, silky hair rested behind her shoulders like curtains, and the way she tucked the strand of loose hair behind her hair caused many hearts to beat for her beauty. It was as if this woman had fell from heaven like an angel, yet she wasn't an angel. She was human like the rest, and that was probably her worst feature she had as someone who had a superior appearance.

But what's so bad about being human? she wondered. The way guys would avoid her eyes in order to keep themselves from falling in love with her and the behavior of girls sneering and gossiping behind her back made her wonder how it felt to live like a normal, ordinary life. She never asked to be born as a person who would stand out. 

At that very moment, when the sunlight hit her eyes, a terrifying memory leaked into her mind. She froze, and shook her head. Her elegant fingers turned pale and its grip around the book hardened. The way she was shaking made it as if she was in some sort of feared state. 

"You."

She looked up, and found herself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter