that night

Fire vs Ice

[Next day]

I’m in my room getting dressed in my school uniform.
Yesterday Aaron told me that since we’re staying for a few days we have to be in school to learn our lessons. I haven’t been in school for a few days so I’m kinda behind. Aaron is going to stay in our class for the few days. I’m all packed and ready to face my biggest weakness.

“Gui, are you ready?” Aaron asks me as I came down yep let’s go.”

“Don’t you want to have breakfast first?”

“No I don’t feel like eating” I said. We went into his car and drove off. I look outside the window. The sun is barely starting to rise. We had to leave early because it’s a long drive. I started to feel sleepy and closed my eyes.

[1 hour later]

“Gui wake up we’re here” said a voice. I opened my eyes and saw that we were in front of my house.

“Come on let’s put your stuff in there” he said as we got out of the car

“Where will you be staying?” I asked him.

“Gui I have a place too you know” he said rolling his eyes. We went inside. I’m guessing that the girls must have went to school already. I left my things there and then we headed to Aaron’s place.

“Aaron, I- I’m scared. I don’t want to see him again” I said as we drove to school.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be there” he said taking my hand. The closer we got the more nervous I was.Until we were right in front of my class. I took in a deep breath and went in.

“GUI GUI!!” Ya tou said as she spotted me. She ran up and gave me a hug and everyone turned to look at me.

“Umm hi guys” I said nervously. Then I noticed that they were staring at my hand which was still clutching Aaron’s. I immediately let go.

“Gui Gui how are you?” Ya Tou asked me.

“I’m fine” I said. Everyone started to come up to me.

“Hey Gui we missed you at home” Xiao Jie(g) said as she hugged me.

“Yea I missed you guys too” I said as I hugged her back. I started to feel more comfortable as everyone said their greetings to me.

“Hey Gui! How is it ba-“ Ya Tou stopped at mid sentence. She was looking past me at someone. Uh oh. I know who it is. I scanned the people in front of me and noticed that someone was missing. It had to be him. My nerves came back as I didn’t dare to look behind me. The room suddenly went quiet. For many moments none of us moved. I slowly turned around and faced what I feared most about coming back. Wang zi. He was staring at me with those mesmerizing eyes. Only this time his eyes had a painful look in them. His expression was blank but his eyes showed what he was feeling.

“Gui Gui” he whispered. I wanted to run but I was frozen, my feet glued to the ground. He came closer and just when he was about to reach me I was saved by the bell and the teacher came in.

“Hello class. Oh Gui Gui hello” said Hei Ren lao shi.

“Umm hi” I muttered back. My eyes couldn’t tear away from him. He had went back to his seat and was still looking at me.

“Oh hello. You must be Aaron. Welcome to our class” the teacher said to Aaron.

“Hello sorry if I’m disturbing your class” he said politely.

“No problem. Gui Gui you and Aaron can sit in the back. I’m sorry but I have given your seat to the new girl” said the teacher.

“That’s fine” I smiled to the teacher. Actually I was more than willing to sit in the back. I knew that Wang Zi would keep staring at me if I sat next to him.

“Ok well it’s time to start the lesson. Oh by the way congratulations Gui Gui and Aaron I hear you’re going to get married soon?” Hei Ren lao shi asked us.

“Yes we are” Aaron replied. I automatically felt sadness as he said that. I love Aaron but more like a brother. It just didn’t feel right to marry him.

Wang Zi’s POV
I walked into class today and saw her. The minute I saw her figure I knew it was her. How much I wanted to go up to her and hug her. Just seeing her already lightened the pain in my heart. When she turned around I could tell she wasn’t so happy to see me. Gui Gui. I walked up to her but just my luck the bell had to ring. I went to my seat. My eyes never leaving her. She kept looking at me too. When the teacher told her to sit at the back with Aaron I let out a sigh. How I wish she could sit next to me. When the teacher mentions her marriage, the pain came back. Only this time it was a thousand times worse. Sigh. Will I ever move on?

Gui Gui’s POV
Finally class is over. All through class I couldn’t focus at all. I kept looking at Wang Zi. I could tell that he wasn’t focused either. When the teacher dismissed the class he instantly looked at me.

“Aaron. Umm I’m going to go to the restroom. I’ll see you in the lunch room” I said as I hurried away. I started to run as soon as I got out of the classroom. I needed to get away for a while. I ran and ran until I reached a quiet place where no one was around. I sat down on the bench to catch my breath. Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped themselves around my neck. A very familiar scent surrounded me and I instantly knew who it was. My heart started racing as I turned to face him.

“Umm hello Wang Zi what are you doing here?” I asked nervously.

“To see someone important” he answered looking into my eyes.

“Ok well I’ll be off then” I said trying to run away. Before I could take one step he grabbed my hand.

“Why do you keep running away?” he asked me softly.

“I-I-……….Oh ooops the bell rang. We should get going” I said as I ran away. Phew thank god the bell saved me. But I knew that this can’t happen every time. Sooner or later I will have to face him and the pain in my heart. I went back in class and immediately started writing a note. I placed it on Wang Zi’s desk after I was done. I’d rather face my problems now and get it over with.

[That night]

No One’s POV

Gui Gui sat in the park anxiously waiting for Wang Zi to arrive. She wanted to face her problems now and get it over with. Upon seeing that Wang Zi was approaching she took in a deep breath and stood up

“Hello Wang Zi” she said nervously.

“Gui, you wanted to talk to me?” he asked her.

“Umm yes. Wang Zi how have you been lately?” she asked.

“Well aside from the never ending pain in my chest I’m starting to feel better” he answered in a dead voice. Gui Gui felt the pain in her chest. So all this time Wang Zi has been feeling like her. Suddenly he came up and hugged her.

“Gui Gui. I missed you. You have no idea how it felt to be without you” he said as he came up and hugged her. But she did know, because she felt that way too.

“ I can’t bear to let you go again. I immediately regretted letting you go the first time. I can’t take any more pain” he continued on his voice coming back to life. Gui Gui stayed there in his arm as her tears rolled down her cheeks.

“ I felt so lonely and alone without you. I know even if there were a hundred people around me and talking to me I’d still feel alone. Gui Gui can you not leave again? I can lose everything in the world, but I can’t lose you. I can take any kind of pain, but not the ones you caused in my heart. I don’t care if you aren’t with me any more I just want to be able to see you. I know you don’t love me anymore but I still love you. Please can you not go?” he said in her ear as the tear gathered in his eyes.

Gui Gui cried silently as he confessed all the feelings he had held in. Soon she couldn’t take it anymore. All the pain he had told her about has now went into her own heart. She didn’t want him to feel this pain anymore. She didn’t want to be the one that caused it. Gui Gui slowly raised her arms and wrapped it around his waist tightly. She hugged him as she let her tears fall. Wang Zi pulled away from the hug a little to look at her face. He wiped the tears away and stared deeply into her eyes. How he missed these pair of eyes. They looked into his lovingly, caringly and with a hint of sadness. He moved down to her trembling lips. He couldn’t resist and moved closer to them. His lips touched hers and they shared a sweet and passionate kiss. How they wished time would stop right there. All their problems would go away and they could just be with each other.

“Wang Zi, I love you too. I’m sorry I had to leave.” Gui Gui said as they broke apart from the kiss. She couldn’t hold it in. When she saw him smile the pain that she carried lightened. At this moment she forgot all about her father and the marriage. All she wanted to do was to say her real feelings and to let the pain in both of their hearts to be gone.

From afar someone was watching them. He had come to look for Gui since she just left without telling him much. When he saw Wang Zi come he just stood back and watched. As he watched them kiss he could feel his heart break. He loved Gui as much as she loved Wang Zi. As he listened to their conversation he knew he had to do something. He loved her and wanted to make her happy. So he silently went home and repacked his things….

___________________________________________________________

okay so i actually wrote this a long time ago and now that I came back to read it, I realized how horrible my writing is omg. Thanks for reading it though guys! I love you all ^^