Awkward Hellos

My Stranger, My Beautiful Stranger

Chapter 5

 

She pinched the area between her eyebrows as she frowned and blew a raspberry. How had she gotten herself into this mess? How had she gotten herself involved with him? She shook her head as she picked up her drink and took one long sip hoping that the liquid would calm her nerves.

“Funny meeting you here” She looked up to see a boy about her age with shiny, blonde hair smiling down at her. She was confused for a moment but decided to play along, hoping she would find out who this boy was.

“Hi….” She dragged her hello.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know who I am” He pointed at the seat opposite her and she nodded.

“I’m sorry, there is so much on my mind lately that I… just can’t seem to remember” She explained as she took another sip.

“Haha it’s alright, does sophomore summer help at all?” He asked, a smile still plastered on his face.

“Um…. Yongguk?” She took a random guess and his smile grew wider, so she had guessed right.

“So you do remember.”

“Just a bit, to be honest it’s going to take a lot to remember who you are… sorry” She added the last part quickly because she had no idea whether this boy was part of her good memories or bad.

“Alright I take that challenge” He smiled as he beckoned to the waiter.

“One chocolatey chocolate chip” A flashback popped in her mind of a beach with a bar where the same voice ad ordered the exact same thing.

“Wait-“ Her voice was soft as she titled her head trying to remember this stranger.

“See I told you I would make you remember who I am, I mean after all you did steal my first kiss.” He grinned as her eyes widened and everything came flooding back to her. Sophomore summer, the beach resort for her 16th birthday, the boy at the bar was Yongguk. He had ordered the drink when she sat down, and then things had gotten pretty heated between them.

“It’s not like you stopped me” She mumbled as a blush was growing on her cheeks.

“It’s not like I wanted too” He replied with a wink, as her blush spread to her neck.

“Haha so what brings you over here?” She asked as she twirled the straw in her drink, round and round.

“Doing some work, turns out you can’t stay at a beach forever” He rose his eyebrows and she giggled.

“Who knew?” Her comment was sarcastic.

 

“How about you?” He asked as his drink was delivered to him.

“Interview” She replied.

“How’d it go?” Her frown appeared again.

“I’m taking not that well” He answered as she sipped on her drink and nodded.

“Want to talk about it?”

 

“Not really” She shook her head and he laughed; a musical laugh that was entrancing her. His dark brown eyes were pulling her in making her want to continue the conversation yet she had no witty topics to converse about.

“You look a bit nervous” He stated, she sent him a piercing look.

“That’s consoling” He smiled and a tiny smile appeared at .

“We should hang out; make out, for old time’s sake.” She looked bewildered for a moment before laughing along with him.

“Yeah let’s do that” She said.

“It’s a date” He held out his hand and giggling she linked their arms together.