Confusion

My Stranger, My Beautiful Stranger

“You’ve been awfully quiet” Yongguk observed as he eyed Miya carefully.

“huh?” She looked up from her fingers. “I guess I’m pretty psyched about the internship.” She smiled grimly. He didn't believe her, not for a second but for her sake he smiled along.

“Want some dessert?” He asked. She shook her head. “How about we share it?” He asked. She knew he was trying really hard to make an effort.

“Yeah, that’d be great!” She grinned. He held the dessert menu open for her.

“What do you think you want?” She looked over the menu carefully. Honestly she didn’t give a care what they got for dessert because her mind was somewhere else at that moment.

“I’m going to be safe and order a hot fudge” The waiter took down the order and disappeared down the hallway.

“Are you okay?” Yongguk asked as he hesitantly reached over and cupper her hand. Surprised by the sudden contact she pulled away, much to the dismay of Yongguk. He cleared his throat and pulled his hand away.

“Oh yeah, completely I guess I’m just in the denial mode of this whole thing.” She laughed uncertainly. “But thank you for this amazing lunch and being there for me when the call came. You’ve been such a good friend.” He twitched when the word popped up. He coughed trying to cover up his confusion and surprise and then smiled and pretended like it didn’t affect him. She hadn’t noticed any bit of that and Yongguk was grateful for that and also for the waiter who brought over their hot fudge and eased the awkwardness.

“Here, have some” He offered spoon to her. She smiled gratefully and brought a spoonful to .

“Oh gosh” She moaned. “Even their hot fudge is excellent!” She complimented. The waiter smiled as he heard that. The cute girl complimenting their food made him pretty happy. Yongguk only laughed as he ate some too.

~~~~~~~~~

“Once again, thank you so much for the wonderful lunch!” She opened the door that led to her apartment.

“You want me to accompany you to your door?” He asked. She shook her head.

“I’ve already asked enough of you today.” He laughed shaking his head hoping that she would ask more just so he could spend more time with her. He hesitantly walked back to his car and when she noticed that he was still uncertain to get into the car she rolled her eyes.

“Go find a job!” she yelled across the street. She saw a smile flash across his face.

“Says you! I’m not the one with the perfect record so that ever law firm can hire me.” And as he joked he drove his car away.

As he disappeared down the street her smile slowly faded. She appeared to be frowning when she put her slippers away and flopped on the couch.

“I’m supposed to be happy that I got something that I’ve always wanted. Why aren’t I happy then?” She asked herself getting more irritated at how she couldn’t answer that question. Shaking her head she forced herself to get up and smile. “I’m going to be happy!” She yelled and skipped over to her ipod. As she began to play one of her favorite songs she began to loosen up. All the confusing emotions disappeared as she swayed to the music. Her thoughts, everything disappeared as she fell asleep.

 

Sorry kind of short chappie but not that much inspiration today. hopefully tomorrow goes better~