Messages

A Leap of Faith
CHAPTER IX
MESSAGES

Sulli

 

Siwon visiting was really a big surprise to me, I know he'll visit but I didn't see this one coming very soon. I thought he was bluffing about my parents coming over if I didn't call home immediately, unfortunately for me, he wasn't. My dad reminded me of the paper works I need to finish and proposals I need to review for the board meetings this coming month. When my dad agreed to let me study abroad, he didn't want me to give up my position in the company; he says that I can manage it since my brother can. So official I am still the president of operations for all the hotels of Choi Group of Companies.

After Taemin and Minho left, I told Siwon to rest first because I need to check up on something for the office. When I opened my mail, I received an email from an unknown sender:

     UNKNOWN SENDER: [email protected]
     August 13, 2012 9:45am
     Hi! I hope you don't mind, I received the thank you card you asked the book keeper to give me. I don't know if I can always drop by the book shop so I asked him if there's any way I can contact you. Please don't get mad at him, I said I was a friend of yours and wish to contact you as soon as possible so he gave me the email address you gave them. I'm Oni by the way, hope we can be friends.

 

     SULLI: [email protected]
     August 13, 2012 9:55am
     Hello Oni! I'm Jinri, thank you again for the book you gave me. I haven't started to read it yet. Really? You said to the shop keeper that you're my friend? Well then I am glad that I gained a new friend here, Are you also a student in Harvard?
Your friend, Jinri

I was surprised to receive a mail from Oni, the stranger from the book shop. I know Siwon won't approve this but virtual friendship but I see nothing wrong with it. After a few minutes I received a reply from Oni, my new virtual friend.

     ONI: [email protected]
     August 13, 2012 10:07am
     Yes I am. I'm glad you're not mad that I asked for you contact number, thank you for letting me be your friend. I'm now glad that I have someone I can talk to other than my best friend.
-Oni

 

I heard a knock and I saw Siwon peeking inside the room. "Can't sleep?" I said.

"Sort of, Ssul I'm hungry you want to go for early lunch/"

"Sure, what do you want to eat?"

"Well I was thinking of steak for lunch?"

"Okay, there's a steak house at Berkeley Street I was meaning to try, give me five more minutes I just need to wrap up something." just when I start typing back on my computer Siwon entered the room again.

"Ssul, do you remember Abie Smith?"

"Yes I remember her; she won the YDA last year, why?"

"I remember you promised her that you will be part of her debut collection as a profession designer, well, an American company commissioned her first fashion show and she'll be in New York this weekend to launch it. She was trying to get a hold of you the entire month but failed, so she went to the hospital to personally ask me if we can model for her. I said I should talk to you first about it and she said she’ll wait for us.”

“Wow that’s amazing Si, you know I really like her works, that kid is very talented. But don’t you have a medical summit to attend to?”

“The summit is tomorrow, her show is tomorrow night, and since it’s both in New York I think I can make it on time for the show.” So we both agreed to model for Abie tomorrow night, she was very ecstatic on the phone when we told her we’re going.

     SULLI: [email protected]
     August 13, 2012 10:29am
     I am glad you feel you can talk to me about anything, don’t worry I won’t tell anyone about it ;)
-Jinri

Siwon invited Taemin and the others including Minho and Onew. At eleven, we were all gathered at Grill 23 & Bar for our early lunch. Jonghyun and Key thanked Si for inviting them as his guest in the medical summit, it’s a big opportunity for them because not everyone can attend it and only the best and known world doctors are invited. During our lunch I received a call from Abie asking for our measurements so she can make some final revisions for the cloths, I said that I’ll ask someone to send her what she needs as soon as possible. I called Reena, my secretary to send the information Abie needs and to coordinate with Alec for Siwon’s measurements.

“Ssul, I hope you don’t mind but I invited them to Abie’s show tomorrow.”

“I didn’t know you do modeling Sulli,” Jonghyun said.

“It’s just something Siwon and I do back at home,” my mom is a designer ever since we were young Siwon together with our brothers will sometimes take part in her fashion shows, but since Siwon studied for medical school, we only do it for special occasions or as favors for old friends in the business.

“Wow, I can’t wait to see you in the catwalk, right Minho?” He just nodded. I tried not to pay too much attention to it but something is different about him. He looks more guarded especially when talking.

Siwon decided to take a charter plane to fly us to New York instead of driving. We arrived at a private hanger near Logan Airport at around one in the afternoon; the manager informed us that there has been a problem with one of the pilots that suppose to take us to New York. After a few minutes, the manager apologized for the delay and asked us to board the plane. The other got worried because they couldn’t fine Siwon.

“Hey Ssul, where’s Siwon?” Taemin asked me.

“He’s just talking to the pilot at the cockpit.” Si then emerged from the cockpit with a man in uniform behind him.

“I’m very sorry everyone for the delayed my partner won’t be able to fly today because he’s of a bad cold, but I’m glad to know that you’re friend Mr. Choi will be able to co-pilot me in this trip. I’m Capt. Joshua Hughes by the way and I’d to inform all that we’ll be leaving in five minutes and I’ll be your pilot together with Mr. Choi for this trip. Thank you very much.”

“Ssul, I didn’t know Siwon is a pilot?” Taemin asked me when the two went back to the cockpit.

“Ah, yes.” I said, smiling at him, he has a license to fly small aircrafts so he offered to co-pilot so we won’t need to wait.” Since Siwon and his family own an airline company, his dad wanted him and his brother to learn how to fly small aircrafts.

The trip was very brief; we thanked Mr. Hughes for everything and went to straight to the hotel. Si already prepared everything we need for this trip, so by five o’clock and everybody was excited for dinner. It turns out that Taemin and Key will share a room, Jonghyun and Onew shared the other while Minho was left to share a room with Siwon.

 

 

***Who is this Sulli's virtual friend?***

***Hope you like it everyone, Siwon Mr. Perfect will share a room with Minhoduring their stay in NY! Please look forward for the next chapter***

 

***Thank you for the support, keep the comments coming, they are greatly appreciated!***