Gift

A Leap of Faith
CHAPTER XIX
GIFT

Minho

My friends drag me to the Yacht Club near campus, it’s probably one of the schemes my cousin and best friend put up to celebrate my birthday.

“You’re giving me a yacht for my birthday?”

“No moron! Not the yacht, our gift to you is inside it. Maybe after you see our gift, it can save us buying you one already for this lifetime.” Key said. “Be good and wait at the deck, okay?” and hand me a remote with a sticky note that says ‘play me.’ The yacht started moving and I saw my friends waving goodbye to  

A projector was set-up on the upper deck of the yacht. I press play and a video started to show on the screen.

“Hi Minho!” it’s my sister Frances “Happy birthday, I’m sorry we can’t be there to celebrate with you but I’m excited to see you this holiday vacation! Love you Minho!” the next one if from my parents. The last video was not a big surprise; it’s from my Onew and our friends.

“Happy Birthday Minho, I hope you’ll our present for you.” Onew said. As soon as their video message stop I heard someone singing happy birthday behind my back, when I turned, I was really surprised to see the girl singing. I must be dreaming.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday…happy birthday, happy birthday Minho.” Sulli was coming singing holding a cake. I really don’t know how to react but I think this is the present my friends are talking about.

“What are you doing here?” I said, I know I was a fool to even ask her the question.

“Some guys from my building said that they’re friend is celebrating his birthday in just a few hours,” she said while walking closer to me, “they say that their friend has been sulking over month now, and they can’t bear to see him like that on his special day,” she walk so close that the only thing that separates our body from touching is the cake she’s holding in front. “Make a wish,” she said while holding the cake higher so I can blow the candles.

“Do I have to? I think it already came true.” It’s true, what more can I wish for my birthday? Although it’s sad that I’m celebrating another year without my family, it’s nice to know that I can celebrate it with the most special girl in my life right now.

“Cute sister you got here,” she said.

“Want to meet her? I’m sure she’ll love you.”

“Aren’t you too fast? You already want me to meet your sister, who’s next, you parents?” she was laughing when she put down the cake on the table.

“Do you want to? I don’t mind introducing you to them.” I suddenly feel that I should push my luck now, besides she can’t run anymore, we’re in the middle of nowhere right now. “Sulli, about New York…” I know that if I start this conversation now, there’s no going back anymore. I start to build up my courage to go on with this conversation.

“What I said back in New York, I really meant it.”

“I know.” I looked at her in the eyes.

“You do?” she nods.

“There are things about me that you should know if ever you decide to have me… as your partner,” then she looked down her feet. I approached her closing in the gap between us. I hold her chin so she can face me, “there is nothing about you that I could ever learn that will not make me want to have you as my girlfriend.” I was really surprised with what she did next, she wrapped her arms around my neck and rests her head on my shoulders, and she hug me. I wrap my arms around her and hug her back; I wish we could stay like this forever. I should remember to thank the guys for their wonderful gift.

“You’re quiet.”

“I’m just thinking if I did something noble in my past life to have you.” I kissed the top of her head. “Choi Sulli, will you please be my girlfriend?”

“Yes.” Suddenly, fireworks erupted in the night sky. “Happy Birthday Minho,” then she kissed me on the lips. I’m so happy that I hugged her and swing her in circles.

“Thank you! Thank you for making my birthday so much special.” I kissed her this time, longer actually, but she didn’t push me away. I took this as a sign and kissed her deeper until we’re both almost out of breath. After we broke the kiss, I hug her and said, “Choi Sulli, you just made me the happiest man in the world.”

 

 

***Hope you like this one! :)***