Truth

A Leap of Faith
CHAPTER XX
TRUTH
 

 

Sulli

I can’t explain how I feel right now, but I’m very happy because I finally said yes to him. I didn’t regret avoiding him, because our distance with each other made me realize how important he is to me.

I know that saying yes to him will require me to tell him everything if we both want this relationship to work. As soon the fireworks ended, I look him in the eyes and said, “I need to tell you something.”

 

Minho

When she said that she needed to tell me something, I was a bit scared because I thought she’ll take back all the things she just said, but of course how foolish I am to think that. I led her to one of the couches in the deck, and pulled her close so I was hugging her from the back while I rest my chin on her shoulders. “Before you say anything, I want to tell you something first.”

I really don’t know how to start this but, I really want her to know everything. “Have you tried searching my name on the internet?” I know it sounds funny and boastful but it’s the only way I could think of right now.

“No, should I?” I took my phone from my pocket and fired up a search engine. I type in “Choi Minho” and click on a link. She read the article and I can see that she was really surprised.

“I don’t want you to think that I don’t trust you so I want to tell you this before you learn it to someone else. You know I tried searching for you and Siwon on the internet.” I can feel that she stiffened.

“Did you find anything?”

“I several articles about you and Siwon but all of the articles I found are only about your modeling time and Siwon’s passing in the medical board examinations.”

“Maybe you’re not searching hard enough,” she laugh, “That’s because anything written about our personal lives are taken down, “ I was confused by what she said, “what do you mean by taken down?” I asked her.

“Try searching for Choi Jinri.” I did what she said and a couple of articles pop-out.

“Choi Jinri, president of operations…” I read the entire article, taking in all the information I can stuff in my head. I raised an eyebrow and looked at her, she’s still laughing.

“Are you sure, you want to go down that road? You can still back out you know.”

 

“Back out? After I tell you my secret, you’re stuck with me Sulli or should I call you Jinri?” and I stole a kiss on the lips. She was surprised but kissed me back. After she pulled away from the kiss I said, “Now what else to do I need to know?”

“Siwon and I knew each other since we were inside of our mothers. My father David Choi and his dad Steven Choi are best friends, their first born; our brothers are born the same year so they eventually became best friends. I was born two years after Siwon, we didn’t expect it but Siwon and I became best friends. They even thought of marrying us when we were eighteen…” I was bewildered by what she just said, I even stand up.

“Relax, it was just was just a talk among our elders but it wasn’t pushed through because Siwon and I didn’t like the idea.” She pulled my hand and kissed me on the lips. “You’re reactions is so cute, you know that?”

“So now you’re laughing at me, just told me that your best friend almost becomes your fiancé, how do you want me to react?”

“Don’t tell Siwon that I told you that, let’s just keep it a secret between us okay,” and then she give me a wink. Darn, how could I resist this girl’s charm? “Siwon and I are very affectionate with other but when people teased us or tell us we make a great couple; we can’t help but laugh hard about it. I remember one time when colleagues ask if we were a couple, he was drinking water that time and he spit it out.”

“I can’t imagine him losing his poise like that,” I pulled her closer, I can’t help it.

“Growing up, Siwon and I have different interest he decided to take medicine while I studied business management. On my third year in college, my dad said that I should start working in the company. I started making xerox copies for the officers. I was scolded when I did something wrong and was praise if I did any good, basically we didn’t want the other employee to know that I’m the daughter of the boss to avoid rumors. I eventually climb up the ranks and was given the position of president of operation after I graduated. Our dads never bring us to gathering or anything related to business, so the four of us really worked our way to the positions we have in the company. Have you heard about the Choi Group of Companies?”

“Yes, the company was featured in a business magazine in South Korea; many businessmen are amaze by the matrix of the company. That’s your family’s company?” she nodded. No wonder she’s a mystery.

“What made it different from the others is that the board only consists of eight people. Our parents, brothers and Siwon and I. Our dads started the company as a small scale business until it grows to what you see know. Both of our family owns the majority of stocks, my dad only outrank uncle by 2% in shares so he was named as CEO but if you’ll look closer, they both have their specialties to take turns making the big decisions; basically they’re both chairman and vice-chairman of the company.” I don’t know why we’re talking about business all of a sudden.

 

“You’re probably wondering why I’m talking about business all of a sudden.” This girl will make me crazy, I snuggled her neck, “go on, I’m listening.”

“I’m telling you this because my position in the company might affect our relationship and I want you to understand why I do and will do things.”

“I understand, I promise I’ll be an understanding and very patient boyfriend,” raising my right hand. “But there is one thing that’s been troubling me.”

“What?”

“Why did you collapse in New York?” she looks like she saw a ghost, she turned pale when I asked the question.

“Did you see an article about me being in an accident?”

“I did see an article about it but say that they were rumors only.” I was thinking hard to remember the write-up she’s talking about.

“Well it’s true,” as soon as she confirmed it, I feel cold sweats all over my body, I hugged her. “It’s okay, I’m here, and I’m already alright.” She patted my back.

“I know, but I can’t imagine if you haven’t come in my life, I would probably be a cold and rude to people.” It’s true, if hadn’t met Sulli, I will still be the cold hearted Minho who doesn’t care about others.”Is that why you collapse?”

“Did you ever wonder why Siwon became a cardiologist?”

“No.”

“It’s because of me. I was rushed in the hospital and undergo almost a twelve hour operation because they thought that a metal bar punctured my heart.” I tears suddenly run down on my face, I don’t want her to see me like this but I can’t help it. “Good thing that the trajectory of the bar missed my heart. I remember waking up and finding Siwon beside me. The doctors said that although I am fine, the accidents can still cause some side effects. That’s when he decided that he’ll take cardiology as his specialization.”

“But how is your heart now?” I asked.

“Very happy,”

“Not not what I meant,” he puts his hand on my forehead and eases the brows. I surprised when he remove the first two buttons in her blouse and pulled it to the left. “Hey what are you doing?” I pulled her blouse up immediately. I know I love this girl, but I’m not like other men who want to bed their girlfriends as soon as they said yes. She laughed at me and said that she just want to show the scar she got from the accident. At first, you won’t notice the scar immediately but when you look closer, you can see a round fainted mark on top of her left . I touched the scar, I thought she’ll be mad but when I look at her, she gave me a weak smile. I kissed it and I heard her sudden intake of breath. I pulled up her blouse and hugged her. “I’m sorry,” I said.

“Sorry for what?”

“Sorry that you have to be in that accident and hurt yourself. I promise I won’t let anything happen to you.”

When got back at the docks almost three in the morning, I saw our friends waiting for us. I helped Sulli get down the yacht and everyone cheered and I hear Onew singing his version of happy birthday. Ever since Onew and I became best friends, he won’t let my birthday pass by without him singing me his version. Although out of tune, I really appreciate him singing the song every year.

“So I see you guys finally got together,” said Key.

“I guess we won’t see grumpy Minho anymore,” everyone laugh at Jonghyun’s remark.

“Thank you guys, I can’t ask for anything else for my birthday!” Giving each of them a hug and a pat in the back.

My cousin puts his arms on Sulli’s shoulders, ahemm! Taemin looked at me ang laughed hard, “I miss the you cuz! I’m glad you’re back to the old you again.” I pulled Sulli from him and back hug her. I don’t care if our friends are there I hold her chin and angle it so I can kiss her on the lips. I love this girl so much and I’m glad she love me too.

 

 

***Hope you like this chapter, nothing much to do today so I really had fun working on the story.***

***I enjoy reading all the comments, thank you very much for writing!***

_________________________________________________________________

 

To all readers:

I hope to finish the last three chapters, thank you for reading my first fanfic. I'm looking forward to sharing with you guys my next one. All of you have been great and generous readers with your comments and upvotes, thank you very much! I promise to make the last chapters more exciting.

 

Mwuahugs,

alfike