Wedding Dress

A Leap of Faith

CHAPTER XII
WEDDING DRESS

Sulli

I know we don’t have much time.

“Can you please walk on the runway with me?” he looks surprised by my request. “I know it’s too much to ask you this but I don’t want to waste Abie’s efforts and I’m willing to do everything for us to survive this night.”

He stands up and said, “What do I need to do?”

As soon as he said that, I practically dragged him all the way to the backstage and placed him in front of the make-up table. Everyone was very busy so I started doing his hair and make-up, I then moved on in finishing mine.

The show started thirty minutes ago and I still haven’t seen Abie anywhere. The PD came in bringing in a rack of cloths. “Ms. Sulli, I’m very sorry for not attending to you immediately, it’s very chaotic outside. Ms. Abie gave up specific instructions, this is Stella, and she’ll be assisting you and Mr. Minho.”

“Do Abie know the situation about Siwon?” I asked him.

“Yes, she said she was already informed about it.” I thanked the PD and checked the cloths on the rack. “This dress… “I was totally out of words when I saw the while dress. This very dress is the reason why Abie won the Young Designer Award three years ago.

***flashback

Three years ago, Siwon and I were asked to judge a design contest. That’s where we met Abie; she was just thirteen years old back then.

Siwon: What is your inspiration for your collection?

13 year old Abie: My inspiration for my collection are flowers, they can be beautiful and ugly but nevertheless, they are still flowers and there are some people who can appreciate it and not, just like my designs.

Siwon: But why wedding dress and suits? You could have design wedding dresses only, why is it that it is always a pair?

13 year old Abie: I think, many people take for granted the grooms suit in every wedding, I think they are as much special as the bride’s wedding gown so I make it a point that all my wedding dress collection has suit design especially for it.

 

“When you confirmed that you’re going to take part tonight, Ms. Abie was very delighted. She said that she wanted a part of her before a part of her collection now.” I was lost for word, I can clearly remember the very first time I saw this dress, I instantly fell in love with it but I never thought that I would have the chance to model it.

“Excuse me, but this suit.” I heard Minho said, breaking my reverie.

“But of course, Minho, would you mind changing now so we can see if there’s any repair that we need to do.” He went inside to change, when he came out, the suit was like tailored just perfectly for him.

“Wow you look great, the suit really fits you well, looks like we don’t have to worry for anything.” Stella said. “Ms. Sulli, I was informed that you are present last night for the general practice, so as soon as the last model for the last set comes out, Ms. Abie will just give a short speech and then that the cue for the two of you comes out.”

It’s a good thing; Minho was with me last night at least he has an idea of what to do later. After Stella gave us the final reminders, she helped me change into the dress, when I came out Minho was watching the show in a TV monitor, when he saw me come out the changing room, he stand up and just looked at me.

“You’re… stunning,” he said.

“Ms. Sulli, Mr. Minho I’m sorry to bother you but Ms. Abie instructs me that as soon as you guys changed into the dress and suit, I should take a photo of you together, if you don’t mind, can you please stand here so we can get a better picture.” Minho and I stand side by side and faced the camera. “I’m sorry sir, but can you please put your arms around Ms. Sulli?” the two of us suddenly looked at each other.

“Is it okay?” he said frowning.

“I think so,” Minho placed his hand behind my back and moved a little closer to me. I can feel my heart beat faster. Why is it that every time I’m near this guy, I tend to have a heart attack?

“CLICK! Okay, thank you so much! We’re already halfway on the third set, can you please follow me so the director can give you the final instructions.” We followed her and met the director at the end of the line.

“Okay guys, just a few more minutes and we’ll wrap this up!” the director said, when he saw us walking towards him, “Hi Sulli, you look amazing, now I know why Abie want you to do the finale on the catwalk. And who is this gorgeous groom of yours, I know he’s not Siwon because I watched you and Siwon so many times on that runway to mistaken him for someone else.” The director placed his hand on Minho’s broad shoulders and said, “Young man, if you ever want a modeling career, just let me know! You are a rare find indeed.” Minho just chuckled at the directors remarks. I can see the line getting shorter and shorter as the models enters the runway, until it’s our turn to walk the runway, the director said, “just walk like two lovers in love on the catwalk,” I can hear the audience clapping after Abie gave a short speech, as soon as the music started, Minho and I came out the stage.

I come from the left wing while Minho from the right, we met at the center. Hi placed his left behind his back while he asks for my hand with his right. I walked down so many runways but this one seems to be the longest. I saw our friend including Siwon seated at the left side of the stage smiling. I wanted to take a look at Minho’s face but I couldn’t so I just looked straight ahead. When we reached the end of the catwalk, I walked in front of him while holding my hand high, like when you’re dancing waltz and making a turn, he then place my arms again to him, He looks like a soldier, stiff but not so much, actually he’s okay for a first timer on the cat walk. When we reached the other end, as instructed by the director, we faced each. I looked him the eyes, those very same big brown eyes, and then he moved his face closer, and whispered, “I don’t know when and how, but can you please give me a chance. I think I'm starting to like you.”

When he moved his face away, the audience erupted in an ear-defining applause. I can feel Abie’s arms around me, as much I want to ask what he means with those words he stepped aside.  I suddenly saw Alec beside Siwon and both climb up the stage carrying bouquet flowers. Alec handed one to Abie and congratulated her and stepped down while Siwon gave me a one-arm hugged, “I’m happy for you Ssul, you deserve to be happy” he said and handed me the bouquet he’s holding. One of the reporters probably recognized him and asked if he could stand beside Abie so they can take a couple of pictures with us. He thank the reports and stepped down the stage and joined our friends on the front row. After all the reports are satisfied with their shots, Abie hugged me again and said, “thank you very much Ssul for, you two make a lovely couple!”

 

 

***Thank you guys for reading! Please look forward for the next chapter. If you liked this chapter, I'm sure you'll love the next one, because "The Plan" will be revealed!***

***Just keep the comments coming, they are very much appreciated!***