Changed

A Leap of Faith
CHAPTER VIII
CHANGED

Minho

We were still standing on the doorstep when Sulli went non-stop in questioning Siwon, this lady woun't let any stone unturned. Apparently my cousin heard Sulli screaming at the hallway and came running towards us.

"Hey Ssul, what happened? Are you... Siwon?" he was completely shocked to see him there, "why are you here?"

The guy just laughed, "it's nice to see you too Taemin," he said while patting my cousin at the back.

"Why don't we go inside and chat before someone else thinks I'm an intruder."

"Pardon me," she then linked her arms around his and ushered him inside the apartment. Did I hear it right, she have a British accent? God it's so y! I thought to myself. My cousin placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me inside to follow the two.

"My dear cousin, you'll probably wondering about the accent, yes, you heard her right, she has this y British accent but she learn how to speak without if as she grows up, basically it just depends on who she's talking to," he said. 

"Ssul, you should take care of your guest first, it's very rude of you to forget them. She apologized for it and asked us if we want anything, she then excused herself to prepared some refreshments."

"So Si, what brings you here? Ssul's been here for only a week and here you are already visiting?"

"I was suppose to fly in tomorrow for a Medical Convention in New York but decided to fly-in earlier because seomeone here neglected some important phone calls. Unfortunately, one of the phone calls she haven't answered was from her dad, and I was just informed that she still haven't call in yet at their house or the office. So maybe ten hours give or take, you guys can personally meet her entire family."

"Aren't you all over reacting?" she said, holding a tray of refreshments and cake slices. I was about to get up and help her but Siwon beat me to it. 

"Ssul, I'm not kidding, if you won't return the call let's say for the next hours I'm sure he'll call my brother or Alec to arrange a flight for them so they can personally check on you and just so you know, you're brother is also thinking on booking the next flight from Autralia to Boston." I can already see the panic in her face, "You're bluffing," she said.

"I hope I am, but I'm not." She immediately excused herself and entered in one of the rooms.

"I'm sorry you guys shouldn't have seen that, she tends to be so stubborn sometimes." So many things are going inside my head. WHO IS THIS GUY? DID HE JUST FLEW HERE FROM LONDON JUST BECAUSE SHE WASN'T ANSWERING HER PHONE? AND WHAT THE HELL IS HER RELATIONSHIP TO HIM?!!!

"What time are you leaving for New York?" Taemin asked.

"I was planning to leave this afternoon," then Sulli came out from the room.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're invited to be a speaker at the summit in New York?" she punched him in the arm.

"I was going to, but you wouldn't take any of my calls remember? I didn't know until last night, I'm just filling up for mom, she can't do it because of a case in the hospital so she asked me to do it instead."

"Also, the reason why I decided to drop by is because I wanted to ask you if you want to come with me as my guest?" he asked my cousin.

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea Si, do you have two more slots to spare?"

"Why, do you want to come?"

"No, I was wondering if you can also take Jonghyun and Key with you."

"Sure, I'll make some calls and ask for extra reservations."

"Really Si? That's great, thank you so much! I better tell Key and Jonghyun so we ca get ready!"

"Of course! It's the least I can do to thank you guys for looking out for this kid," he puts his arms around her just like those idols in one of the movies I watched. Speak Minho! If not, get the hell out of there, I mentally scold myself. "Well then, I should let you guys catch up."

I don't know why but I felt good talking to her a while ago, but as soon as I saw that guy Siwon I immediately feel uneasy. What is happening to me? How come she stirs up these kind of feelings inside me? I decided not to the library but sulk in my room and listen to some music until I can fall into sleep. Hopefully when I wake up, I'll be te cold and detached Minho again.

 

 

***I'm really excited to share the next chapter with you guys! I hope you liked this one.***

 

***Thank you all for the insights and comments! Knowing that you all enjoyed reading the story really makes me want to write more!***