Ever After

A Leap of Faith
CHAPTER XXIII
EVER AFTER

Sulli

I flung my arms around his neck and buried my head on his shoulders. “I miss you,” he said. Oh how I miss his voice so much! “When did you here?”I ask him without letting go.

“I came here with your brother; I ask your mom and dad if I can pick him up in the airport instead so he and I can talk just so I can explain everything to him.” So that’s why my TOP’s been acting so weird this evening. “So now I cleared everything with your family, I think it’s now time we talk.”

We sat on the floor while our backs leaning on the bed as we face night sky through the balcony. We just sat there in silence, his right arm around my shoulder while he draws circles on my palm with his left.

“I’m sorry we had to go through this, I should’ve been stronger for the both of us.”

“Don’t say that, if only I was brave enough to tell you about Ji-Yong, then all of this wouldn’t happen.” Instead of answering me, he kissed me, a long and passionate kiss that we both almost ran out of air.  “At least we both realize we can’t live without each other anymore,” then he smile.  He lifted me up so I was sitting on his lap, he kissed me on top of my head, my forehead, both my eyes, my nose both my cheeks until he finally reached my lips. His hands that was holding my face a while ago was now traveling down my neck to my shoulders to the arch of my back. His hands stop there and he magically broke the kiss, “I think I should stop here before I lose my control.” Then he got all serious again, he held my face with his two big hands and looked at me intently.

“Choi Sulli, I want you to know that nothing happened that night, I swear to God that there is nothing going on between Yuri and me. We’ve been over years ago; I promise you’re the only girl I want to be with.” I felt tears starting to fall on my cheeks, but he wipes it with his fingers and continues talking. “The moment you fell into my arms on your first night at Harvard, I can’t explain why my heart started beating wildly. I tried so hard to deny my feelings and stay away from you, but your presence keeps pulling me back to you. When I saw you at the book shop I know I can’t deny to myself that I have indeed feeling for you, but I know I have to protect my heart from breaking up again. I saw my chance when I noticed that you’re fond of riddles so I ask the bookkeeper to give you the book until I had the wits to send a mail to you.” I stared at him, surprise all over my face. “Yes Ms. Choi Jinri, I am Ohni Park.”

I don’t know what to say, I can’t believe he is Ohni Park, the Ohni Park I exchange mail with a few months ago and suddenly disappears.

“I’m sorry, please don’t think that I deceived you intentionally, at that time it’s the only way I can calm myself because I can’t really speak to you much or even start a small talk with you.”

I’m supposed to be mad at him but I can’t get myself to. “Why? I’m not mad but can you please try to explain it.”

“I was still undecided about my feeling back then and I really want to talk to you so bad so I ended up sending a mail.” I just laugh at him, he’s so cute. He looks like he did something terribly wrong to me.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

“Because I thought it wasn’t important.” I scowled at him. “Come on, please don’t be mad.”

“I’m not.”

“During our time apart, I realized that what I did back then as Ohni Park was something I couldn’t do to Yuri when we were together. Yes, I can be sweet and all but I know I won’t be able to do and go extremes for her, but you, you just make me so crazy.”

I just stared at him. “Why are you looking at me like that? You don’t believe me do you?” he asks me.

“That time, all I really want to do is talk to you, talk about anything and everything until I became greedier and that’s the time I realize that what I’m feeling for you is real,” and then he kissed me.  He pulled me closer so my back is leaning on his chest while he rests his chin on my shoulder. “Thank you,” I said.

“I should be the one thanking you for making my heart beat again and letting me experience true love.”

“Thank you for being honest with me, I was really scared at first because so many people have been affected and pulled down by my condition and by my past. I love Ji-Yong, and his death affected my life immensely. I know it’s unfair to say that because I love you too and I accept if you don’t want me back anymore.”

He started laughing, “Are you serious? I almost end up making love to you if I hadn’t restrain myself, I don’t know what we’re doing right now if I didn’t. Ssul, I already accepted the fact that Ji-Yong will always be there because he is a part of your life, he is a part of who you are and if I need to love him as well, I will do so because I love you so much. There is no reason to compete with him because he’s no longer here, what is important is the two of us right now. And nothing and no one could ever change the fact that you, Choi Sulli you’re the one I want to love for the rest of my life.”

Then we heard a knock on the door, Siwon’s head appeared. “I guess you two already kissed and made up?” he said. I stuck out my tongue and smile at him. “You two better get downstairs before TOP and Donghae barges here themselves.

We went downstairs to find TOP and Donghae at the bar, Siwon took a sit next to his brother while Minho and I sat next to each other on the two remaining stools. TOP pushed a glass of brandy in front of Minho, I looked at my brother telling him to back off with the alcohol but Minho took the glass and drank it bottoms up. “Take care of my sister alright?” he said. Minho nodded and as if the others weren’t there, he kissed my hand he was holding, I blushed and Donghae started teasing us.

“Minho, make sure you take a good care of her, she’s a sister by heart to Siwon and me.”

“Don’t worry, I will.” Minho said.

“By the way Si,” Donghae said, “Di you find out how girl got a hand on Ssul and Ji-Yong’s photos?”

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot, thanks for reminding me,” he said. “You got a wild and crazy ex Minho. According to my sources, she hired a PI to do some digging on Sulli; she saw the two of you when you went home during the holidays. She’s been trying to contact Minho for about a year now but failed due to the influence of his father, he’s been holding off information and giving false ones because he found out that she was looking for Minho. Unfortunately, she knows someone from the modeling industry and heard that Minho and Sulli modeled for Abie’s show in New York. So the PI followed the information and ended up meeting one of Ji-Yong’s relative. That’s why they obtain a picture of you guys, and then you know the rest.”

“I’m really sorry guys for troubling you; Taemin already contacted her family so she can help professional help. I’m sure she won’t be making any troubles for everybody anymore.”

“Oh well, I’m just glad that everything’s back to normal now and congratulations by the way for getting your MBA degree.” TOP said to Minho. Then reality hits me, he already finished his MBA so now he’s going back home and I need to get back to Harvard next month to finish my last year. I suddenly felt a pang of sadness. He probably noticed it because he looked at me and squeezed my hand and smiled.

“I should get going, I still have my shift at the hospital,” said Siwon standing up. “I’m really happy for the both of you, take care of each other. Minho, make my best friend the happiest girl tonight, okay?” he kissed me and patted Minho’s back and left.

“We should leave the two of you by yourselves so you can get back at making out, just don’t make us uncles so soon okay, we’re too young for it.” I was shocked by what my brother said I spit out some of the water I’m drinking.

“Hey you!” I shouted at him. He hugs me while I nudge his stomach.

“Ow! Than hurts you know.” I smiled at them both and kissed the both of them good night.

“That’s a good idea isn’t it?” he said when the two disappeared on the door.

“What?”

“Let them become uncles.” I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

“Kidding,” he said. “Come on, I want to show you something.” We went outside to the garden and he led me to one of the benches near the trees. We were standing underneath the tree while suddenly everything around me went bright, and then a soft music started playing. I look at Minho with a puzzled look, and then my heart started to beat wildly while I watch the love of my life get down on his knee and took out a small black box on his pocket.

“Ssul, after everything that we went through, I want you to know that I love you so much. I want you to be the last person I see when I close my eyes at night and the first one to see when I open them in the morning. I can’t be your best friend because I know Si is irreplaceable and he will kill me if I replace him so instead I want to be your partner in life. The days be spent apart with each other were the most excruciating days of my life and I don’t know if I can make it through another day without you. I want to spend every waking hour of my life and be with you. So Ssul, will you please be my everything and marry me?” I started crying, I was very fortunate I was able to blurt out the one word that will make the both of us happy.

“Yes!” He hugs me, lifted me into the air and swings me around in circles. When he let me down, he started running around in circled around the garden while shouting.

“CHOI SULLI! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!” he keeps repeating it over and over again.

___________________________________

One month before the wedding

Minho and I agreed that I should finish my MBA first before getting married so technically he used the marriage proposal as an assurance that I am only his. While I finish my dissertation, he’s been flying back and forth from South Korea to Harvard at least two or three times a month during weekends to spend some time with his fiancé, me. I understand his responsibilities in his father’s company since his sister is too young to be exposed in the harsh and cruel world of business.

We decided to hold the wedding in South Korea since Minho have more relatives than me, coming from a family who have only one child, I sort of envied Minho and France because they grew up playing with cousins but come to think of it, I never felt that kind of sadness when I was a kid, because I have TOP and I have Siwon and Donghae who were like real brothers to me.

Time really flies by, in less than a month; I will officially be Mrs. Choi. I’m very excited, everyone was very anxious for the special day. Everything went really well; of course Abie was the one who designed my wedding dress and Minho’s suit.

Wedding day…

Sulli: Minho, thank you for coming into my life. You have been my friend in times of need, my tutor when I had trouble in my dissertation, my nurse whenever I feel sick, my advisor in times of great confusion at work, my greatest critic in everything I do. You have been my everything and you never fail to make me feel complete. I promise to love you with all my heart and be there for you in every waking hour of our lives. I love you so much.

Minho: Ssul, thank you for making me believe in love again, for showing me that love is never always about pain. You have made my heart skip a beat ever since you fell into my arms on your first night at Harvard and I’m so grateful that I was the one who caught you because from that day on you captured my heart with your sincerity and love. And spending the rest of my life with you is the best greatest decision I have ever made. I promise to be by your side, to love and to cherish you every day of our lives. I love you so much.

Everyone erupted into applause as Minho and I have said our vows. Our friends take turns in hugging and congratulating us. No word can ever describe how happy I am, to finally be with the man I love most and spend the rest of our lives with each other.

Our families didn’t have a hard time liking each other, Siwon, Donghae and my TOP adores Frances. Businessmen are always businessmen, our dad started talking about business, I wouldn’t be surprised if they become business partners one of these days. While everyone was very busy talking about other things, our moms started talking about baby names, which made me blush big time. Everyone laugh, even my husband smiled at the idea then he whispered something to me when everyone resumed their conversation.

“So Mrs. Choi, would you like to start making little Sulli and little Minho tonight?”

 

 

***Thank you for reading everyone! All of you have been great readers, your comments really means a lot to me. I hope you like the ending!***

***Thank you for all the support, I really appreciate everyone especially to the subscribers and readers who write’s their comment every chapter, thank you so much!***

 

Love you all!

 

Always,
alfike :)