Love & Friendship

A Leap of Faith
CHAPTER X
LOVE & FRIENDSHIP

Minho

No girl have ever made me think and stirr my thoughts this way and Sulli's friend Siwon showing on her doorstep made me realize one thing, maybe... maybe i can try love and friendship again.What happened to me three years ago is something buried deep down in my memory.I know it held me back for a very long time and I was fortunate enough that my cousin and friends did not give up on me, because other than my family, that's all i have left.

At around four in the afternoon, we arrived at Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City. Siwon went to the hotel desk to confirm our reservations, after a few minutes he came back and handed Taemin and Onew each a key card to a room. Jonghyun went immediately at Onew's side while Key on Taemin's which I guess leaves me to share a room with Siwon.

"Well I guess that leaves the two of us to share a room," Siwon said as I watch my cousin and friends make their great escape. I don't know what's gotten into their heads lately but I notice that they're up to something, I just have to figure it out. "I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not, I haven't even thanked you yet for inviting us for the show." I said while we wait for the elevator. "Ssul would be sad knowing that you and Onew are left behind for the weekend, plus I would like to know you guys more. Taemin told stories about you guys when he was in London."

"I hope they're nice things," as much as I want to hate this guy, I can't, he too nice to hate him. When we arrived at our room, he excused himself and went to the desk and fired up him laptop. Well I guess I shouldn't bother the doctor so I said that I would like to look around the hotel first before going to dinner, he asked my cell number and gave me a copy a card key for the room just in case he wasn't here when I come back.

"I was just about to knock when you suddenly opened the door," she said, I was surprise to see Sulli standing outside our room. "Is Siwon there?" I pointed inside the room, she take a peeked and said, "We were suppose to go at Marriott Hotel at Lexington, do you mind if you guys accompany me instead, he looks busy."

He probably noticed me standing to long near the doorway, "Ssul, are we suppose to go now? I'm sorry I didn't notice the time, give me five, I'll just wrap this up so Alec can take over..."

'Don't worry Si, I was just asking Minho and the others to come with me, just don't forget about dinner okay?"

"Alright, but be careful."

At quarter past five, Sulli and I are walking down Park Avenue while we make out way to Lexington Street. Key, Jonghyun and my cousin insisted that they need to finish something school related and were 'very depressed' that they couldn't come with us. Meanwhile, my best friend on the hand is not feeling well. So that's how I ended up going with Sulli alone.

When we arrived at the venue hall inside the hotel, we were greeted by an old lady. According to her, this old lady is the designers mother. I'm really excited to see this part of her, being a model. As much as I want to deny it, but this girl's pulling me to different directions and the worst part of it, I'm allowing it.

As we walk to stage, we were greeted by a screaming child. "SSul!" she screamed. The girl run towards us and hugged Sulli. "Ssul, I was trying to call you months ago, why aren't you returning my calls? If I didn't visit Si at the hospital I wouldn't know that you are here!" Sulli smiled and just hugged the girl back, then she noticed me and asked, "Ssul, is he your boyfriend?"

I was completely astonished to hear a young girl ask such questions. Sulli smiled again and said, "Abie, you haven't properly greeted him and you're guessing again." I felt a pang of sadness when Sulli denied nor confirmed the girls question.

"Abie I would like you to meet Minho, he's a good friend of mine at school. Minho I would like you to meet the very talented designer of this collection Abie Smith."

"Hi," I said, "nice to meet you. I look forward to seeing your collections in the runway."

"Thank you very much, I apologize for my rude behavior earlier, it's just that I really like to have Ssul be part of my debut collection. Have you seen her on the runway? She's a legend!" The girl continuosly praised Sulli as a model, I myself look forward to seeing her walk down the runway. As Sulli waits for her turn, we watched the models walked down the runway, all models are beautiful in their own unique way but for me, no girl walking there on the runway can ever compare to this girl right here beside me.

"You're smiling..." I said.

"I always smile."

"No, this one's different, even your eyes is smiling too."

"Do you miss it?"

"Miss what?"

"Modeling," then she started laughing.

"Do I look like I miss it?" she asked me, before I answered her question she started talking again. "When Siwon and I were kids, my mom will always ask us to be part of a fashion show she's taking part off, designers started to notice us and request us to model for them, but Siwon and I would always say that we want to walk that runway together, it's like getting one and have the other one for free. Actually, we only model for designers who are close friends of our family.Back then the backstage became our playground, not that our parents asked us to work, but it's something fun for the both of us, another thing that we can both do together. Si's two years older than me so when he started medical school, we both decided that if ever we'll do modeling again, it would have to be for a friend."

"So you mean to say that kid over there is very special to both you and Siwon?" I felt jealous knowing that the two of them have this deep kind of connection.

"Abie was only thirteen when she won the Young Designer Awards three years ago, Si and I were asked to judge her category. Siwon was the one who asked her something about her design, she said that her inspiration for her collection are flowers because flowers can be beautiful and ugly but nevertheless, they are still flowers and there are some people who can appreciate it and not, just like her designs. It took her three years to officially debut as a professional designer, she made us promise back then that once she finished her collection, Siwon and I will take part of it."

"That kid must really have potential."

"Yes she does, she just needs guidance and help and I'm sure she'll be one of the most famous designers in her generation." Each day with her is like reading a book, it's very interesting and addictive.

We went back to the hotel and had dinner with the others. At ten o'clock we all decided to retire for the night. We bid are good nights and went back to our respective rooms. As I lay there in my bed, I said to myself, maybe it's not to late for me at all.

 


***Thank you for reading everyone! I hope the story doesn't bore you at all. I really thought it's the right time for Minho to recognize his feelings for Sulli, what do you think?***

 

***Please look forward for the next chapter.***