Epilogue (Sneak Peek)

The Unwanted

Head Vampire Institute
Winchester, Hampshire, England

A tall young man stood outside the head institute of vampires in Winchester in the UK. The institute was masked as an abandoned hospital with massive cracks on the wall, broken windows, missing ceilings and walls. It literally looked like the placed had been destroyed by an earthquake. The wrought iron gates were also wrecked in a way someone must’ve tried to break in.

But of course, a human wouldn’t be able to break in at any institute no matter how hard they tried. There are invisible forcefields surrounding the perimeter of the institute, and once a mortal goes beyond it, they’d be catapulted a hundred metres away.

The Winchester institute was located at the end of what used to be a main road, and a very few people passed the area, which makes it much more easier for local and non-local vampires to enter without further suspicions. Harry grinned to himself as he grazed his fingers beneath the enchanted lock wrapped around the gate. It latched open immediately upon his touch. One last glance behind him, and he was lost inside the institute.

The vampires that worked and stayed inside the institute greeted Harry politely as he passed by them. He gave them back his most charming smile with a light wave of his hand. Some of the young girls swooned over his presence, and he wasn’t surprised. On normal occasions, Harry would be asked out for about five times a week, if not, three times. It was a rare occasion he’d be the one to ask.

The last girl he remembered he ask was a Korean vampire who used to go by this place once a month with her sisters and parents. Sometimes, they’d spend a night or two here too. Harry’s grin grows wide at the memory. She was a great friend. He’d visited her once in Los Angeles, and that was the last time he saw the girl. They had no contact since then. He often wonders, how is she now.

He was utterly excited a few months ago when the news surfaced that the said girl would come by and stay for about three weeks to discuss an important matter. But he was later beyond disappointed that the girl bailed and never came. It was his chance to see her again. But guess fate wasn’t on his side that time.

After turning into the last hallway on the left, he climbed up the staircase at the end and that lead him onto to huge wooden doors that lead to their institute leader’s office. But before Harry could even grab hold of the knob, it was burst open by a familiar figure with his usual poker face. He heard his friend sigh. “Finally,” The figure says. “King Vladimir wants to see you.” Harry hugs his friend Louis, who turns out to also be the King’s right hand, and the leader of their own little group.

Harry gives Louis a genuine smile and pats him in the arm. Louis said nothing and closes the door after Harry had entered the room.

King Vladimir’s den office was probably about the size of the national library up across the street. It’s interior held a modern Victorian design with white ceiling and dark grey walls. On his right was a receiving area which had two wing chairs on each sides and a chaise lounge on the middle. Behind it stood the King’s numerous collections of books from different centuries---some thick, some thin; varies in different sizes and were coloured mostly of black and dark brown vinyl.

The flooring was a laminated Bellawood floor.

Harry turned to his left, and there he saw their leader sitting up on his Victorian inspired work chair with massive tufting on the backrest. Harry was utterly impressed. His master’s table was made out of maple, and he closed in and the King finally regards of his presence. “Lucian.” The King recites his last name. He gives the man a sly nod. “Sire.” Vladimir leans back on his chair. “Louis told me you’ve got news?”

Harry finally sits down on one of the chairs across from the table. He nodded again. He leaned back against the chair and crossed his right leg over the other. He interlocked his fingers together. He cleared his throat and starts...

“My people have witnessed of what seemed like a war between dark vampires and resident vampires from three months ago.”

“And where would that be, my boy.”

Harry took a deep breath. “In the Philippines.” He stated, heart eerily racing inside his chest. Vladimir stood and took a remote---the size of a palm---and his remote operated fire place behind his work desk. He then his stereo, and classical music soon filled their ears. “Philippines.” He repeated. “Have not heard from them for a long long time.”

Vladimir once again faced Harry. The two of them locked gazes. “Was the institute responsible?” His voice was calm and slow, but it held a conviction that makes everyone nervous all the time. Harry straightened up and his lower lip that had gone dry because of the cold east monsoon blowing up the entire city. He shook his head no. “The battle was engaged by the dark blood, sire. The Manila institute backed up the residents and the civilian vampires present.” Vladimir raised an eyebrow at the information. He sat back down on his chair. “There were civilian vampires? From where did these people have come from?” Harry didn’t exactly knew why but it took him a good minute before he got to answer the King’s muse. “Korea, sire. The civilians were from Seoul.”

Vladimir nodded slowly and leaned back on his chair. He rubbed his chin with his thumb and index finger as if thinking of a good response.

“There are only several vampires left in Seoul since the institute had been brought down...” The King trailed off, and right then, Harry knew the royalty had finally come up of a conclusion to the news.

“The Jungs.” Vladimir finally says. And from the corner of Harry’s eyes, he saw Louis walking forward; both hands clasped behind him. He almost looked like a soldier reporting his duty. “There were other races involved, sire.” He says, and Harry looks up at him blankly. Vladimir kept a straight face, but his sudden jolt on his seat blew his cover. He was amused. “What?” He managed to say.

By this time, Harry was already up on his feet. He stood beside his friend and in the same posture. “Two humans. Two werewolves. Three fallen angels.” He states monotonously. Suddenly, they were back to being minions of the institute again. Vlad stood from his place and rounded the table. He was now behind the two young lads, and the said boys, turned to face him.

King Vladimir crosses his arms across his chest. “It is against the law to engage such races into a battle between the children of the night. It is also a defiance to the law for non-locals to engage a fight in a territory that is beyond their jurisdiction...” He looked to and fro at Louis and Harry. His authoritative gaze finally settled on the younger one.

“Go there, and bring them to me. I’m constantly sure they know the consequences as they are the prince’s late children.”

Louis gave a firm nod, but Harry didn’t know how to respond. Go? There? In Korea? To her? He didn’t actually know how he’d react at the order. They haven’t seen each other in a while and he doubts if she still recognizes him now that his hair wasn’t curly anymore and had numerous tattoos.

“There is another conflict, sire.” Harry heard Louis speak again. He looked at his friend, waiting for what he was about to say. He swore his face was contorted into shock.

“They’ve turned a human into an immortal.”

Nobody had turned anybody in years. No human had been involved in vampire activities in years. They hadn’t been in deep trouble in years. She hadn’t set foot in Winchester in years. What would happen now.

“Bring them to me.” The King says once again.

And Harry was anxious.

 

 

 

“So, how was it?” Liam, Harry’s other friend, asked the two guys walking out of King Vladimir’s office with stoic expressions. He was munching on a piece of apple, and a blonde young man was standing beside him with his usual bright smile. “How was what?” Louis finally answered... err... asked. Liam took another bite from his apple. “The talk.” He says. And Harry blows a breath in the air. She looked at Liam and their other friend. “We’re going to Korea.” He announces, and for a moment, Niall almost leaped in his spot.

“Serious?” The Irish vampire asked all too excitedly. It had been a good while since the five of them have travelled away from the institute, especially if they’re going to be travelling in Korea specifically. And then, there’s Harry’s issue with a certain girl who he claims his ‘friend’ when all the while he liked the girl from head to toe. “Are you sure that was Vlad’s instructions or you picked the place yourself?” Liam teased, an awful smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. Niall laughed.

Harry glared at his two obnoxious friends. He shook his head in disbelief---disbelief that he even finds himself hanging out with these guys.

“Hey,” Finally, Louis turned to speak. “Where’s Zayn?” The eldest of the group asked for his younger brother. Liam and Niall shrugged their shoulders. “He must’ve took a potty somewhere. He was right behind us earlier.” The only blonde one out of all of them pointed out. Harry turned to walk first. He was finally seeing the girl he longed to see, and he doesn't know if he should feel nervous or excited. Or maybe both...

---

NOTE: I know, I know. I guess you've all figured out by now that I've put One Direction as new characters for the sequel...

Wait. Did I just said sequel?

Uh oh O.o

Okay bye!