Of Blood and Wine

The Unwanted

Kitchen Room
JUNG’s RESIDENCE

Sooyoung was the first one who got into the kitchen; she ain’t the shikshin of the group for nothing. Hyoyeon and Luhan followed closely behind her, and the blonde girl in the room threw all of the plastic grocery bags she and Luhan were holding all along to their shikshin---which the former caught swiftly even with her front turned away from them. “Is Joohyun’s food here?” she asked as she prepared their meal for the night.

“Yup.” Hyoyeon was the one who answered. She descended back into the dining room as soon as she got her energy drink from the refrigerator.

“Lulu!” Sooyoung called out at the boy sitting at the bar stool by the kitchen counter top behind her. “Help me with this, will ya?” with just a bunch of seconds, Luhan was already beside her. She handed him a plastic bag containing more small plastic bags inside.

“Is this what I think it is?” Luhan didn’t know how to ask the right way but asked anyway. “Is this blood?” his voice pitch raised as he waved a small plastic bag containing a velvet red liquid inside.

The older of the two just chuckled and continued making REAL food for the others. “Open one bag and pour it into a glass. It’s for Seohyun.” She said casually as if the wolf boy hadn’t asked.

 

 

 

“Did I just hear my beautiful name?” Just as when Luhan was about to speak again, Seohyun came into the room just in time; with Yoona following closely behind.

And just about when Seohyun was inching closer to where Luhan and Sooyoung were, she almost immediately stopped on her tracks and whipped her head towards the doe-eyed boy’s direction. “Is that what I think it is?” she gestured at the plastic bag Luhan was holding.

And in a great sense of weirdness, Sooyoung, Luhan, and Yoona all turned their heads towards the one thing that was running around Seohyun’s mind all day; simply putting aside her own doe-eyed girlfriend for the minute.

“If I’m not greatly mistaken, I think Lulu just asked what you just asked.” Sooyoung said as she pointed from Seohyun to Luhan with the tip of the kitchen knife she had in hand.

“Well, if that was ever true, I’m sure as the sun kept burning stupid vampires, that the questions totally had different meanings to it.” Seohyun flashed a smile, or rather, a mocking grin as she grabbed the blood bag hastily away from the wolf boy’s hold. “Luhan’s question intended to tell that it was the first time he ever saw numerous bags of blood in a grocery bag.” She tear the bag’s corner with her teeth, and sat at one of the bar stools in the kitchen. “And mine... well... mine’s probably telling you to quit getting stored bloods for Lucifer’s sake. I’m getting sick of it.” She drank the bag’s content in a slow, peaceful manner.

And for a moment there, both Yoona and Luhan almost felt themselves slowly sinking on their knees; wanting to puke, and at the same time, wanting to faint at the sight.

Sooyoung laughed inwardly at the two doe-eyed figures’ twisted expressions as her dongsaeng sipped the blood like it was some kind of juice. She shook her head and continued on preparing the meal.

“You should’ve told me you were tired, though, and I would’ve just bribed Yoona to be your blood donor.”

Upon hearing her name, Yoona woke up from her trance and turned to Sooyoung. “Yah!” she protested. Well, it’s not like she didn’t liked the idea of Seohyun feeding on her with those painfully y sharp fangs digging onto her skin; specifically her neck. “I would love to have Hyunnie scraping her teeth onto my skin as I pull her deeper onto me, but I’m not ready yet.” She waved off Sooyoung and Luhan’s disbelieving expressions towards her.

The tallest of them all frowned. “I wasn’t asking for further details,” she carefully placed the meal onto the plates---namely meat and rice and green vegetables. “Of how you wanted the feeding to turn into a steaming hot make out session, and later, .” She intentionally pressed on the word ‘’ as she continued her sentence.

Seohyun literally choked and spit out some bits of blood. She didn’t know whether she was supposed to laugh at her guardian’s remark, or if she wanted to throw the latter out of the kitchen with her fists. “What the , Soo??”

Sooyoung was about to spat back at Seohyun just when a bag of blood came flying towards her direction. “Ouch~” she whined as she picked up the bag that was now lying on the granite floor. “Well, that hurt. Who threw it?” she looked to and fro at Luhan and Yoona.

“Yoona.” Luhan pointed at the glaring girl beside him with his pointing finger. “And this...” he fished out another blood bag from the grocery bag he was holding. “... is from me.” he threw the blood bag towards Sooyoung’s direction---he didn’t missed.

 

 

 

“YAH!”

 

 

 

“Guys!” the four figures standing by the kitchen room, turned their heads towards a blonde girl who just entered the scene. “Yuck! What’s that awful smell?” Hyoyeon squinted and pinched her own nose at the aroma pushing through and into her nostrils. Her pair of eyes suddenly caught sight at the blood bag---half-empty, within her dongsaeng’s hold. A spark flickered inside her head. “Oh... I-I mean... yum! You’re... eating already... hehe...” she let her right hand rest on her side as she nervously laughed at her own stupidity.

“Noona, you were telling something?” Luhan spoke.

“Oh... right. You guys wouldn’t believe who’s in the living room right now.”

“Who?” They all said in such a unison.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Me.”

---

KIM’s RESIDENCE

Jessica sat beneath the edge of the railings of the house’s veranda as if she was going to fall of anytime soon; but she’s not, and she won’t. Vampires have great sense of balance. No matter how the wind was seemignly trying to blow her off of the edge, she wouldn’t budge. It wouldn’t even matter if she fell three storeys high right now, she would still live. Another thing vampires and other immortals possessed---sense of gravity.

Thinking---was what she was currently doing. Thinking about what would happen when the moment the sun rise comes; thinking of the possibilities of her youngest sister getting good with her ex; the possibility of what if one day she woke up without Yuri by her side. It was a bitter thought, but she knew very well that it was bound to happen, and by the time it would... she would be ready...

She heaved a deep sigh as she stared out into the dark blue sky; the stars, the moon, the seldom fall of meteors giving accent to the sight above. It was almost like a painting. She flashed a smile. Jessica never did thought that after beyond a hundred years, she would be sitting here thinking of things she shouldn’t be thinking. She wasn’t really of a thinker, and neither is Tiffany; Seohyun was always the one with arguably deep thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG~

 

 

 

 

 

She glanced at the hallway behind her as a ringing tone echoed almost throughout the whole house. Yuri’s phone was ringing; and for a nano second, she contemplated if she should answer it or not. Her girlfriend’s in deep slumber, there, in her room. After their what seemed like endless cuddles in the living room earlier, the tanned girl eventually fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG~

 

 

 

 

 

Sooyeon exhaled loudly as she slipped back down from the railings and into the hallway that lead into the set of rooms. And when she found her girlfriend’s bedroom---which was on the second to the last of the rooms, she opened the door as gently as she possibly could, and slipped herself inside. Due to her vampire sights, she immediately spotted the blinking gadget by the bedside table; she grabbed the phone and pressed the ‘answer’ button.

“Hello?”

[Unnie?]

Jessica was a bit taken aback at the familiar voice coming from the other line. She lowered Yuri’s phone just enough for her to peek at the caller. She pressed the phone back to her ear. “Joohyun? Why are you using Yoona’s phone?”

[Hehe... mine’s on low-batt.] The younger girl excused sheepishly.

“Yeah, right. Don’t make a mess inside the mansion, or I’ll spank you.”

[Yah! We’re not doing... things... my phone’s battery REALLY did die just now.]

“Yah! Jung Joohyun! Did you just raise your voice at me?” Jessica said in a much higher tone, seemingly forgetting the fact that Yuri was snoring by the bed. She immediately turned to leave the tanned girl’s room.

[No. It was your imagination.] Seohyun said in a monotonous tone.

“You---“

[Why is Yuri’s phone WITH YOU?] Seohyun pressed harder on the last two words. And unknown to her older sister, she was smirking widely.

“Yul’s sleeping.” Jessica reasoned in the utmost truth. “And I didn’t want to disturb her, so...”

[Uhuh... and you’re seriously telling me that so I wouldn’t come to a conclusion that you and Yuri must’ve been doing something illegally correct inside her bedroom.]

“Why you little---Since when did you have erted thoughts??”

[I have had erted thoughts ever since you and Tiffany unnie kept on telling me explicit, nineteen plus stories when I turned six. You even made me watch ‘The Black Swan’ back in the US.] Seohyun argued with a tongue sticking out of .

Jessica face-palmed at her sister’s outstanding wits of pissing her off. “Okay, okay. I don’t have to hear further of your opinion about these ual... things...” she gestured with her hands as if her sister could witness it. “Just get on to your real intentions of calling my girlfriend.”

Silence was implemented on the other line as soon as Jessica’s previous sentence came off. [Someone’s here.]

Knowing her sister very well, she knew what the former were to tell was big. “Who?”

[Taeyeon. She’s back.]

Jessica kept a blank face, and turned to shoot a glance towards Yuri’s room. “Is that so?” she reluctantly turned her torso back towards the direction she came from earlier. “Okay... Wait for me. I’ll be there in a sec.” she didn’t wait for Seohyun’s response and immediately lowered the phone; she gripped the gadget on her hand as she slid it inside her jeans’ back pocket.

Seohyun’s voice could still be heard from the other line. [Unnie? Unnie, what’s wrong? Is everything alright?]

“Don’t touch my sisters...” Jessica muttered. “... and Yuri... and everyone else who’s close to me... or I’d gladly burn you into ashes...” She hissed as she lunged at the dark shadow standing by the sliding glass doors of the veranda.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

JUNG’s RESIDENCE
Living Room

Yoona’s phone nearly fell from Seohyun’s grasp as she heard a beeping tone from the other line---signifying that the other party got cut off. Her unbeating heart started to imaginarily pound hard on her chest. She let her girlfriend’s phone slide away from her grip and shatter on the hard, cold floor.

The shattering noise shut off the excited voices echoing inside the mansion. All of the people in the living room turned their heads towards Seohyun’s direction---which was at the bottom step of the grand staircase.

“Seohyun, what’s wrong? What happened?” Hyoyeon stood up from her place on the couch and shot the younger girl a worried look. “Jooh---“

“Sica unnie...” she mumbled. “My sister’s in trouble...” she announced much louder.

This time, all of them started standing one by one; but even before another question could be thrown, Seohyun was already out of sight.

 

 

 

“Seohyun!” Sooyoung dragged her feet outside the room and raced after Seohyun.

Tiffany clenched at the sides at the sudden information. Taeyeon... Taeyeon had just come back; she was supposed to be extremely at joy by now but she held back. Now that her older sister was in trouble, she held back. “Taeyeon, stay here. You too, Yoona and Lu.” she ordered at the three addressed figures without giving not even a single glance. “Sunny, take care of them.” She started walking away.

“But I can’t leave you alone out there!” Sunny protested.

“Please! Do it for me...” Tiffany said softly as she looked at the older girl in the eyes before she ran off.

“I’ll take care of Miyoung.” Hyoyeon reassured and placed a soft pat on Sunny’s shoulder before she, too, ran out of the mansion.

“Unnie, what’s happening?” Yoona was suddenly by Sunny’s right side; both staring into the darkness outside---where the four had gone thorough. She tried her best not to shake out of nervousness, out of fear---fear that something bad must’ve happened again. Just when her Taeyeon unnie had finally come back, here it goes again.

 

 

 

“I don’t know... but I doubt it’s anything good...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

KIM’s RESIDENCE

The group reached the said house in just a matter of seconds; and Seohyun didn’t waste time as she galloped above and over the gate and yanked the wooden door open with a banging sound. Sooyoung, Tiffany, and Hyoyeon followed right away.

“Unnie!” The house was eerily dark and quiet for some fathomless reasons, it was almost like a horror house all of a sudden. “Sooyeon unnie!” Seohyun shouted once again, hoping for that familiar voice to answer, or even that dolphin scream to be heard just so she could assure that her sister’s still alive.

“SICA!!!” Sooyoung and Hyoyeon called out at the same time. Silence and their voice's echoes greeted the four of them.

Tiffany searched for the light switch and successfully flicked all the lights open---even the Vera Wang chandelier sitting right above their heads. They all squinted their eyes at the sudden brightness.

The whole house was a total mess. The flat screen tv by the living room was cracked; the sofa set flipped over and under, the fabric ripped open until the foams and even the woodworks were showing; there were A LOT of shattered glass flooding the tiled flooring of the house---it was the window’s glasses. The grand piano by the side was wrecked in a way where someone must’ve fallen above it. The stairs... the stairs that lead to the rooms was wrecked too---the railings, that is; and the dining and kitchen rooms were splattered with...

 

 

 

 

 

Blood?” this sent shivers all through Sooyoung, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun’s spines. It was like a murder act had occurred inside the Kim’s Residence, like in the movies. It was so surreal.

“Who could’ve done this?” Sooyoung said under her shaky breath as she moved closer towards the kitchen and onto the kitchen counter---also splattered with nothing but with a red liquid. She was breathing hard with her chest rising and falling in a rapid pace; she was sure the others felt the same.

“It’s not human blood.” Tiffany hesitantly announced. She felt both Hyoyeon and Seohyun tense beside her. “It’s not Yuri’s...” she added in a much quieter voice.

A cold air passed through in between Hyoyeon and Tiffany’s sides. And they later realized that Seohyun had already gone upstairs. The three of them followed suit.

 

 

 

Seohyun stared at the hardwood floor with unsteady breathing, shaky limbs, and impossibly beating heart. She remained frozen on her spot even until hurried steps kept on coming closer to where she was. She didn’t know how to react, what to do. She haven’t witnessed such catastrophe happening right before her eyes.

Is Jessica and Yuri still alive?

They all asked the same question inside their heads.

Tiffany covered with her hand as a lone tear escapes from her eyes, and another... and another... and another. “It’s Jessica’s blood...” she almost choked at her own words as she collapsed to her knees. Sooyoung, who was standing by her left side, took a few steps backwards right after her revelation.

“No...” the tallest of them three, muttered over and over until she saw Hyoyeon pushed further into the hallway, slipping here and there because of the amount of blood smeared all over the floor.

Hyoyeon pushed the bedroom doors on the east and west sides, one by one. She was now panicking, Sooyoung could clearly see it by the way the latter kept on slipping and muttering Jessica’s name.

The blonde girl finally stopped in front of the second to the last door on the west side, and yanked it open.

More blood.

More velvet red liquid was splattered inside the wide bedroom. Hyoyeon let her arms lay exhaustedly onto her sides as her eyes roamed around the four corners and four walls of the bedroom. There was a small glass cabinet near the room’s door that had a whole bunch of Mickey Mouse paraphernalia resting almost untouched inside---the outer glass had a huge crack outlined. The two bedside tables were both rearranged---the one on the right side obviously got thrown on the far corner of the room, where the tv set lied upside down. And the one on the left side, was placed upside down too. Shattered glass also covered the carpeted floor of the room. The queen sized bed was a total mess---pillows and shams were everywhere, the duvet, the blanket, the comforter, and all the bed coverings were torn apart and left splayed throughout the floor.

Tiffany and Sooyoung finally got themselves inside the room.

There was a loud thud that came after. Hyoyeon presumed Sooyoung collapsed onto her buttocks.

“Guys...” the jet-black haired girl called out in her now wavering voice. “Look at the wall...” she continued as she let her pointing finger point to the wall where the tv set was, and was also covered with blood.

Hyoyeon turned around in a slow, frightened manner; Sooyoung looked up as she gripped the hem of her sweater; and Seohyun had successfully dragged her feet to walk and barged into Yuri’s bedroom, as they all assumed.

They were all gazing at the northern side of the room with their horrified expressions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bring Joohyun and Miyoung forth... or let Jung Sooyeon and Kwon Yuri suffer the consequences and drown in their own blood...

2 Days... We’ll be waiting...

It was all written with Jessica’s vampire blood.

 

 

 

 

 

Hyoyeon let her tears stream down her face as she gripped her own blonde strands, out of frustration. For the very first time in her fallen life she felt so lost, so helpless, so angry...

 

 

 

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Tiffany spun around and slammed her fists hard on the glass cabinet behind her, causing its glass facade to completely break down into bits and pieces. A few of the Micky Mouse’s fell along with the glass. Miyoung cried and cried until her right hand bled because of the broken piece of glass she was gripping tightly.

Grieving for Taeyeon once, was enough... grieving for her sister... would be too much.

Silence fell as the night continued to pass.

 

 

 

 

 

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG~

 

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung, Seohyun, Hyoyeon, and Tiffany all jumped at the sudden ringing of a phone. They woke up from their trances and searched for the ringing device. They stopped on their actions once the ringing stopped.

“Have you found it?” Sooyoung hoarsely asked as she sniffed and wiped her tears away. The other three just shook their heads in response.

A few seconds have passed, and the ringing came again; and they resumed on searching for it.

“Everybody stop for a while.” The youngest of all of them spoke, and the others complied. Seohyun almost immediately crouched down and peeked under the bed. From there, a luminous device blinked continuously and beeped tremendously. “Got it!” Joohyun extended her hand, enough for her to get hold of the device. She stood up and stared at the phone. Her unnies peeked behind her afterwards.

The phone’s outer screen was cracked, but the LCD and the whole system were still working.

Seohyun finally pressed the ‘answer’ button and set it on loud speaker. She didn’t say anything, neither of the others did, and just listened. At first, just rustling of air was heard from the other line, and what seemed like rustling of trees or plants or whatever it was that was there.

They once again froze by the next thing they heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Let me go! Un-Unnie! Help me! Unnie!]

[Yoona! Get the off me!]

[Raaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhfffffffffff!!!!!!]

[Noona! No! AH!]

[We want the sisters! And if we don’t have them within two days time... you know how your lives will end!]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tot... tot... tot...

Call Ended.

 

 

 

Seohyun, Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon looked at each other with horrified expressions, then, back at the phone maknae was holding.

The call came from the mansion.

The call was from Yoona.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Warehouse

Dara walked around their ‘house’ as she searched for her brother. She just woke up from a quick slumber and found no one by her side. Donghae never leaves her side without notice. Thus, resulting for her to panic a little. She was about to take a step down the stairs when Min popped up on her side.

“Good Eve, sis!” Came the former’s cheerful voice and her perfect English. “You’re looking for Hae oppa, aren’t you?” she asked back in Korean. Even though it was obvious that Dara was indeed searching for their brother, she still pushed through the idea of asking about it.

Dara swung her arm around Min’s shoulder. “Yes. I am. Have you seen that ?” she chuckled at her question afterwards.

Min took a bite at the apple she was holding all along, before answering her sister. “Unfortunately... no. But Boa unnie DID told me that he went out to do something.” She answered truthfully. “Just... she didn’t told me that SOMETHING.” She pouted playfully to nobody.

The two sisters finally reached the ground floor of the warehouse. “Tss! He didn’t even told me even just a little.” Now it was Dara’s turn to pout. She took a swift turn to the right, along with Min---the hallway lead to the only room on the floor---Boa’s room.

Min grabbed hold of the door handle and unclasped the door from its frame. But even before she and Dara could get fully inside Boa’s room, they halted their steps. Dara removed her arm around her sister’s shoulder and let it lay on her side. The both of them watched their elder sister as she sat on the window sill, a picture frame in hand. And right then, they thought they were both hallucinating because they were seeing their unnie---the strongest and fiercest out of all of them, was shedding a tear.

Dara took a step forward but Min immediately held her back to prevent her steps. And for a minute they were speaking to each other in hushed tones. They only stopped when Boa looked at them with those wide ruby red eyes, and spoke.

“Hey, how long have you two been standing there?” Boa lifted her free hand and wiped her tears as fast as she could. She stoop down from the window sill; the frame she held, she threw on her bed.

The two younger girls in the room flashed a smile---a nervous one.

“Uhmm... we just arrived, unnie.” Min answered.

Boa just nodded at the two. “Come on, let’s eat.” She brushed pass Dara and Min, and walked away further into the hallway.

The two girls left inside the room looked at each other. “You saw it?” Dara nodded after Min’s question. “Something’s not right.” The older of the two muttered to herself as she moved closer to Boa’s bed---where a picture frame lied upside down. “Unnie! What are you doing?” Min hissed.

“Guys?”

Boa called out from outside.

Dara hesitantly turned her torso around and dragged her sister with her out of the room. Whatever it was that was in the picture frame... Dara’s more willing to find it out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Boa passed by the living room, where she found Sehun and Zelo fighting over a stupid game in their XBOX again. She chuckled at the scene in front of her eyes; no matter how many years have passed, they were still kids. She reached out to ruffle the two blonde boys’ hairs and proceeded to the kitchen.

She held the door open just in time that Ravi---one of the blonde boys, came rushing in, and panting. Boa whipped her head immediately towards her brother’s direction.

“Noona! Boa noona!”

“I’m here!”

Ravi rushed to his older sister’s side with his red eyes wide open as if he had just seen a ghost. And from the corner of his eyes, he saw Dara and Min slowly coming up to their sides, whilst his two blonde brothers look at him weirdly---stopping on their game. “Noona! I’ve got to tell you something!” he said in an urgent tone; like he was running out of time.

Boa stared worriedly at her brother as she held the younger by the shoulder. “Calm down. What is it?” she asked.

“D-Donghae... H-Hyung---“

 

 

 

“Hae has got something you wouldn’t believe.” Taeyang came into the scene with his normally stone faced expression. “He’s in the garage.” And right after that last statement, everyone in the room came rushing to the door he just came in. He was the last one to leave.

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened?” Tiffany grabbed the phone Seohyun was holding with shaky hands. She dialled Yoona’s number again, but was met with an answering machine. ‘The number you dialled is currently unavailable’ and she groaned in frustration. She was now gripping tightly on the Samsung S5.

 

 

 

 

“That’s not Yuri’s phone, is it?” Sooyoung, who was still peeking behind Seohyun, asked the obvious. She wasn’t THAT close with the tanned girl, but she knew better that the phone wasn’t Yuri’s.

“No.” Seohyun shook her head and snatched the S5 back from her sister’s hold. “It’s their house phone.” She muttered to herself. “Sica unnie must’ve got Yuri’s phone since she was the one who answered my call earlier.”

“Hey.” Hyoyeon nudged the brunette beside her and looked at her friends at the same time. “That call was urgent. We should be getting back to the mansion now.” She was the first one to get herself out of the room as soon as she realized that something must’ve happened back in the mansion; Tiffany followed in a matter of seconds, then Sooyoung, and Seohyun was the last one to get out.

Whatever that was happening now was frightening the hell out of them, and hard. Whatever it was that was ahead, they didn’t know, and they were scared to know. It was almost like a deja vu.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They got back into the mansion in what seemed like twenty to thirty seconds time. The wrought iron front gates were still in one piece, and the four of them almost sighed in relief. But then, something was still off---their security guards were gone, the caretakers too, were nowhere to be found.

They got into the other side of the gate and starting taking steps on the long, huge driveway. Their eyes were wandering all over the surroundings, like it was their first time being here. But really, they were searching for more clues and possible blood streaks, that’s why. But they prayed that there weren’t any more blood to deal with, or else, God knows what will happen.

 

 

 

And just when they thought that everything’s probably alright, and that they were eventually overreacting over the situation, Seohyun suddenly halted her steps; Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon did the same as they all looked at the cemented soil before their feet---outlined with streaks of the same red, thick liquid they were seeing their whole lives.

“God damn it!” Sooyoung cursed under her breath.

“No...” Joohyun suddenly muttered. She suddenly felt like a hammer had been slammed hard into her skull; like if she were to move any further, her body would come crashing down into pieces and nothing would be left of her soul but her clothes. She took a quick glance at her sister, who gave her a look of what seemed like a mix of worriedness and fright. “Human blood...” maknae’s voice cracked as she sprinted up the steps, towards the main door of the mansion.

Strong, dog-like sense of smell---it was one of the few things vampires have; especially when it comes to sensing blood.

“Wait. The only human in the mansion when we left is...”

“Yoona.”

The other tree started running after Seohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The living room on the right side was fixed, as if nothing happened. There, on the table, sat the five crystal glasses of orange juice and a wine glass containing presumably blood---it was half-empty. The halls, the stairs, and the rooms above were still all in one piece. They were all confused by now, because just earlier, on the phone, they heard shouting voices and shuffles---commotions, inflicting that something WAS happening.

‘They must’ve fought outside...’ Seohyun thought back on the rustles of trees on the background when her girlfriend had called. “... that explains the trails of blood...”

“Huh?”

Seohyun sat down on the marble floor and hugged her knees. “They must’ve dragged Yoona outside until she bled...” came her muffled voice. She was crying, the other three could tell. And her sobbing got worse as minutes passed by.

Sooyoung bent down and gripped softly on Seohyun’s shoulders. “Hey...” she called out. She searched for the youngest Jung’s face and held it between her slim hands; she made Seohyun look at her. “Listen to me... everything’s alright. I know you know it; that Yoona, and Jessica, and Yuri, and all of them... are still alive. They’re alive, and would be.” The taller girl wiped the other’s fragile tears with her thumb. “We’ll find them. Everything’s gonna be alright.” She pulled the younger girl in for a comforting embrace.

Tiffany and Hyoyeon looked at the other two, unable to do anything. Because honestly, they too, wanted to break down at this moment, but they’re just holding their selves together---for Seohyun, for Sooyoung, and for each other.

No. They can’t break down now.

Hyoyeon sighed as she pulled away from the scene. Her eyes quirked at the sudden movement of the liquid inside the wine glass. She patted repeatedly at Tiffany behind her. “Miyoung...”

“What?” Tiffany groggily asked.

“The liquid inside the glass... it’s wavering.”

Tiffany walked closely to the coffee table on the living room; Hyoyeon followed. And they both stared at the wine glass---it IS moving, and something was dripping inside it coming from above. The two looked at each other in a slow manner.

“I’m not liking what’s on the ceiling.” For the first time in a hundred years did Tiffany felt so scared like she was in a horror movie; and Hyoyeon felt the same. But with a last intake of breath, Hyoyeon decided to go see what was dripping from the ceiling.

The blonde staggered back, her both hands clasped , and her eyes widened like it was going to pop out of its sockets---her blue eyes shining brightly in the dimmed light.

Seeing such reaction from the guardian, Miyoung decidedly looked up at the ceiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“S-Sunny!!!” the jet-black haired girl screamed at the top of her lungs, and she swore she could feel her legs wobble at the horrifying sight. She felt a shift on her right side, and figured that Sooyoung and Seohyun was already standing beside her with the same horrified expressions.

Hyoyeon was nowhere to be found on the ground; and was now standing at the top of the stairs with her black wings opened wide behind her. She leaped upwards and grabbed the body hanging lifelessly on the chandelier. She landed back on the floor with Sunny’s body.

Seohyun, Tiffany, and Sooyoung immediately rushed to their sides.

Hyoyeon and Tiffany by Sunny’s head sides, and Sooyoung and Seohyun by the foot.

Sunny was bleeding everywhere. Her white shirt looked like the color of red right now because of the amount of blood she was losing. Her face was bruised and stained with nothing but blood. Her hair strands had blood too. And gushes and wounds covered her whole body.

 

 

 

“Sunny...” Tiffany cupped Sunny’s face with her shaky hands. Tears started pouring down her beautiful face again. “No... please... no...” Sunny’s whole body, including her face, was pale-white---so white to the extent that she looked like a corpse now; a vampire even. “Sunny... open your eyes... please... Soonkyu...” she lowered her hands and gripped at her guardian's thin shoulder blades as she shook the latter. “S-Sunny... don’t do this! I need you! Please!”

The three other girls looked elsewhere as they can’t bear to see their friend’s unmoving body and Tiffany’s weeping state.

 

 

 

“Sunny... don’t leave me...”

 

 

 

 

 

“... live for me... please... I beg you... don’t leave me...” Tiffany choked at her own words as she hugged tightly her best friend’s corpse-like body on the floor, like her whole life depended on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Please... you can't do this... I love you.”

---

Advanced HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beloved bias---> Seohyun~~ ^^ Love you <3

THANKS to my readers too! For the subs, comments, and upvotes, and endless waiting... THANK YOU SO MUCH~! <3 <3 <3