It Ends Here: Part Two

The Unwanted

NOTE: Hey guys! How are you all doing? :) I was supposed to update last week but my sched was packed. I hope you understand my situation hehe

Oh and this wasn't meant to time with SoShi's concert here in the PH next month, it just so happens that when I typed this I found out that that wasn't a joke LOL my body shook violently when I found out it was real hahahaha Do you believe the situation~? XD

So... who's going on 12th April in PH Arena? Pautang naman ako hahaha joke XDDD

Enjoy the chap, gheis ;)

---

Seohyun's POV
Three Hours Later – Manila, Philippines

I sighed heavily as I looked out the window on my right. I see clouds. I see endless roads. I see grass. I see roofs of houses. I see trees. I see bodies of water and cars and buildings. My guesses are we're already in Manila, and our plane's touching down any second now. Because the houses that seemed like dots from several feet above, was now within an arm's reach. Add the fact that people walking the streets are now visible (minus the fact that I'm a vampire)

The plane shook a little as it landed perfectly on the airport's asphalted runway. I remove my earphones and put my phone away inside my handbag as I hear the stewardess speak through the amplifiers installed inside the plane. My eyes almost automatically find Boa unnie’s. I can’t exactly pinpoint why I suddenly felt like trusting her after all she had done these past years. All I’m sure of is that, earlier, she told me that she’ll help me get through this if I’ll cooperate, of course. And right then, I knew I wasn’t hallucinating; I wasn’t hearing things.

Maybe Boa unnie finally awoke from her trance. Maybe she finally came to a conclusion that even with just us three, she and her minions are still outnumbered. Yeah. I’m sure she had thought of that.

“Son of a b*tch.”

I chuckled to myself, and got ready.

We’re in Manila International Airport. Or so people here collectively call it ‘Ninoy Aquino International Airport’ here, since that man, Ninoy, had been shot here, in this very place for about thirty-two years ago. Why I know? Because me and my sisters have studied every country’s history through the years. Being immortal isn’t an easy pie, you know. Add the fact that my parents are blue-blooded vampires. And by blue bloods I mean, royals. Just like how they call human royalties blue bloods. So therefore, we have to know things.

I stood up from my place and swung my bag on my shoulder, ready to let myself out. From my peripheral vision, I saw Boa unnie making her way towards my direction. I pretend not to notice her and make my way towards the tube.

I stiffened as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I know I shouldn’t but... at times like this, who could really blame me? “Hey,” Boa unnie softly called out. Wow. I think it’s been a decade or so since she used that certain softness in her voice whenever she speaks. It had been so long that I doubted for a second if my ears are deceiving me.

“What?” I answered coldly to her, just like she did whenever we crossed paths.

“We need to talk.” She said to me, and I scoffed, and it wasn’t because of irritation. I was scared. Scared of the possibility that this could be a trap. That Boa unnie was luring me into false hope---that same undying hope that she would return to her old self and stop this nonsense once and for all. And at the same time, I’m terrified of the fact that if this was ever true, that if my real Boa unnie was back, we’d both get into more trouble than we’d ever expected.

Gathering all the courage I have left in me, I turn to look at her straight in the eye; in her soul. “Why are you doing this?” I almost wanted to take it back; to replace it with “I miss you, unnie” instead, but I knew it wasn’t the right time to tear down the walls I’ve learnt to build ever since she left, and mom and dad left...

“I’m doing this for you, for us. Something happened...” She trailed, and never got the chance to finish, because the flight attendants were now ushering us through the metal door. That, and the fact that Dara and the rest were only a group apart from where we were. And that’s when I knew that whatever it was Boa unnie wanted to tell me, they can’t hear. They can’t know.

 

 

 

After we went to the immigration and waited for this van that was gonna fetch us earlier, we were now on the way to Taguig City, where Min said she’d resided in once. I was seated at the very back of the van. Boa unnie was at the very front---beside the chauffeur (to whom I presumed is a vampire too) Three blonde boys sat on the next row. Min, Dara, and Taeyang sat on the middle. And I guess you all know the remaining two people I sat with.

Taeyeon was at my left, and Donghae was on the other side. I sat uncomfortably in the middle. Great. Just great.

“Hey---“

“Don’t talk to me.”

I didn’t let him finish. Why would I? He had hurt me. He stabbed me and ripped me into tiny little pieces and left me, so why would I let him talk to me like nothing happened? What gave him the right to do this after everything he had done to me and my family? Had he forgotten how he tried to kill me and my sisters? Had he forgotten the pain he’d caused me when he left me when he found out I’m a vampire? And then he turned himself into one the next year. What the is that?! Who does that?!

He accused me, US, of a crime we didn’t commit, and I wasn’t about to forgive him for all the things he did. I don’t think I ever would.

“Just because I agreed to join you, doesn’t mean you can talk to me. You’re not talking to me ever again, Donghae. Not after what you did...”

“What I did?! You were the one who started all of this! You and your sisters! You’ve made me into what I am now. You’ve made me kill people; young, innocent people. And now you’re making me the bad guy?? You’re impossible, Juhyun.”

I clenched my fist; my finger nails digging deep into my palm. If it bled, I didn’t care. “It’s not my fault you’re stupid!” I hissed right in front of his face and I felt Taeyeon hold me in place because she knows any minute now, I’m gonna punch this a**hole in front of me until he went limp.

“What’s going on back there?”

Boa unnie’s voice distracted our scene. She was glancing at us from the rearview mirror, and that’s when it came to me that the rest of the group had stopped talking and fell into a deafening silence. Taeyeon released her hold on me when she sensed that I was calming down, or rather, I acted as if I was really calming down. I’m totally going to strangle Lee Donghae until he crumbles down the moment we get off of this car.

 

 

 

 

 

---

Author’s POV
Incheon Airport – Seoul, South Korea

Jessica, Yuri, Tiffany, Sunny, and Yoona sat altogether at J.CO Donuts, which was located near the gates as the others checked in their luggage. “Why can’t we just fly?” Yuri asked suddenly after taking a sip of her Cappucino Italian Nut. The rest of the girls snapped their heads up towards her direction. And Jessica pressed her knuckles against her girlfriend’s temple lightly. Yuri pouted.

“Would we even be here if we wanted to do that?” The brunette responded with a sly giggle. Somehow, the two lovers lifted up the mood, especially Yoona’s---to whom God knows how much she’s worried about her Juhyun. These past few months were the only standing proof the doe-eyed girl had to make herself worry if her girlfriend was safe, or even close to it. The group went through a hard time not telling her, and even a harder time preventing her from going with them.

“All passengers boarding Korean Airlines flight A3809 headed to Manila, Philippines, please proceed to Gate 121. Thank you.”

“Ops. That’s our cue.” Tiffany announced and stood up first. The rest of the group followed, just in time that Luhan and the others came back, carrying their hand-carry bags. “Let’s go?” In Guk insinuated with a light gesture of his finger, and the rest immediately followed. To whatever it is that was waiting for them on the other side, they didn’t know. But what they’re sure of is that, there was no backing down. If everything were to end badly, so be it.

The war needs to end now. One way or another.

 

 

 

As soon as the group got into the plane and in their respective seats, Yoona lets out an inaudible sigh as she stares out the window. Sooyoung was sitting beside her on the left. Tiffany had arranged their respective 'seatmates' right after everything was settled. The said eye-smile queen sat on one of the two couches in the middle with Sunny. In Guk and Luhan were at the far back---Luhan was busy on his IPad, while In Guk bore his eyes on the newspaper. The two (current) remaining lovers in the group, Yuri and Jessica, sat just across Yoona and Sooyoung on the far left of the plane. And well... Hyoyeon was a solo flight at the moment (she wouldn't consider a complete stranger a seatmate) so she just put on her magical headphones and let the music blare through those speakers and into her eardrums.

"Do you think... Seohyun's okay?" Yoona suddenly asked, still immersed at the view on the other side of the window. The plane was about to take off any second now. Truth to be told, this was the third time she had ever ridden a plane. Her very first and second ride was when she went to Japan with her parents to visit her cousins, and then back. She was only fifteen then. Then, the tragic accident with her parents happened. She never rode one ever since because it reminded her of her parents.

But then, this whole situation was different.

Sooyoung shifted on her seat and reclined the said couch. She stared at the doe-eyed girl's side profile and heaved a sigh. She wasn't sure how she would be able to answer the latter's question, if she herself wasn't so sure. "I'm hoping, Yoona. I am." As much as the rest of them were dead worried, the least they could do for now was hope.

"I should've gone after her." Sooyoung spoke again after a minute, after the plane took off. "I should've ignored her cold treatment and did the best I could to stop her... but I didn't. She was right. I couldn't protect her." Tears threatened to fall from Sooyoung's eyes, and she would've let them fall freely if Yoona didn't turn to face her. Sooyoung hated the fact of someone else seeing her cry because she was afraid they'd think lowly of her.

"But you are protecting her." Yoona reassured because she knew what the angel was feeling, and she was feeling it right at this moment. If only she could turn back time, she wouldn't have let her girlfriend go too. She patted Sooyoung's thigh lightly. "You're protecting her way more than I could." Sooyoung smiled at the little gesture. She knew she haven't went wrong in letting Juhyun fall in love with Yoona. The doe-eyed girl loved her angel truly, there was no doubt about that.

"Are you giving her up to me?" The angel joked. Suddenly feeling up.

Yoona frowned. "No. Over my dead body." She then turned to face her window again. She was nervous, of course, but with her friends by her side, she knew Boa's clan didn't stand a chance.

On the other side of the plane, the YulSic pair sat in comfortable silence while holding each other's hands. Yuri dropped her gaze from the clouds to hers and Jessica's interlaced fingers. A soft smile crept up the tanned girl's face. She then looked at her girlfriend who was kind of busy beating Tiffany's high score in Temple Run 2. Yuri snorted when Jessica's character fell.

"Argh!" The vampire groaned in frustration. She had been beating her sister's whooping high score of two hundred million ever since yesterday. It was another way of diverting her worries. Her other way? Of course, it was sitting right beside her. "You've been busy with that ever since yesterday that I'm starting to have a strange sense of jealousy over it." Yuri pouted.

Without hesitations, Jessica turned off the game and kept her phone inside her handbag. She turned to her girlfriend. "I'm sorry for neglecting my baby Yul~" The brunette reached out to pinch the younger girl's puffy cheeks. Yuri winced. Jessica giggled and let go of the tanned girl; she hugged the latter's arm instead. "Don't sleep." Yuri furrowed her eyebrows. "Huh?" Jessica tried her best to stifle her laugh but failed. She thought back on the times when Yuri missed all the action 'cause she was busy chasing out sheeps in dreamland.

"I don't want you to miss all the fun."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

One Week Ago
Sunny's POV

"Snap out of it, Taeyeon."

My voice was so calm that I hardly recognized myself. I'm supposed to be mad as hell right now. I know I should be shredding to pieces this werewolf hovering over me but am not. I know I should've pulled the trigger and let the silver bullet sink into her skin until she writhe in pain and die but unfortunately... I'm not doing it. I refused to. I don't know why. Was it because of Tiffany? That if I ever get to kill Taeyeon, she would kill me next? But no. Miyoung wouldn't do that. She'd hate me, yes. But no matter what, she won't end my life like that. I know she loves me enough not to stab me with a dagger.

But if Tiffany wasn't the reason why I'm holding back, then maybe, just maybe, I still had some resolve on getting this person in front of me back to her old self. How? That, I'd still figure out.

"The Kim Taeyeon you've all known is long gone, Sunny." Okay, she just clamped on my neck a little more tighter than she already had. I reciprocated her actions to prevent her from gripping at my neck any tighter that I don’t doubt would soon kill me. "No, Tae. I know you're still there. I know there's still a part of you that is good. You just have to let it go. You have to fight the devil, Taeyeon, or else, you might completely be a monster like you always said you were," I know, me and Taeyeon weren't specifically close but... if she meant so much to Tiffany then, I'd have to find a way to bring her back. No matter what the cost.

I gathered all my strength and threw her over onto the nearest wall. I quickly got on my feet and caught her neck on the palm of my hands. Taeyeon kept hers on my forearm. I continued, "I don't know what they did to you. I don't know why you're doing all of this, but hell! You've got the wrong side, Tae." I blinked away tears that were threatening to spill. "You still love Tiffany. I can see it. I can feel it." By the mention of Tiffany's name, Taeyeon's whole body tensed; her eyes similar to a lost puppy's. She knew I was right. That somehow somewhere, she was still her old self, but something was holding her back. I softened my grip, and we stared into each other's eyes. The next thing that I witnessed wasn't what I clearly expected...

Taeyeon was crying. She let her hands fall limp to her sides as she looked away. "I don't know how to get away..." I hear her whisper. That's when I let go of her. I took about three steps away from her, just in case she suddenly changed her mind. "Why?" I asked her and she looked at me, tears wetting her cheeks like falls. She slid her back down the wall, and sat lifelessly on the marbled floor.

"I've let them do this to me... I... I was confused..." Upon hearing this, I crouched down to her level. "Donghae told me some things..." She confessed. And I settled myself down by her side completely. I wait for her to continue. "He told me that... you were the bad guys. That you ruined his life. That five years ago, something tragic happened and that made him what he was today." Taeyeon paused to look at me. I gave her a look that says 'I know what you're talking about' "He's talked about his best friend and his parents' deaths?" I confirmed and Taeyeon gave a light nod. I gestured with my head, telling her to go on. She got the message and wiped away her tears.

"He told me that Jessica, Tiffany, and Seohyun killed his best friend and his parents. He said that... maybe Seohyun got angry because of their break-up and vented it all out on the people he loved." Taeyeon chuckled bitterly, and I did too. "You know I didn't believed it. I didn't wanna believe it. It was so absurd. But I was too clouded with my own problems that I didn't care and just said yes to whatever he told me to do." She added. "He also told me that he could help me. That he knows how I feel because we're the same. At that point, I believed him. Because he was the only person who had my back when I needed someone to rely on and nobody weren't."

"Luhan was there. Your parents were there. We were there. You just had to ask."

Taeyeon broke into a crooked smile. "I know. But my mind was too preoccupied that time that I didn't know what to do. And that the only thing I thought of was to shut everybody out. I don't want anyone shouldering my problems with me." Since I didn't have anything to comment, I just nodded my head in acknowledgement.

"I'm sorry for everything I've done. I know it's not enough but... I'm sorry. And I would do everything to make it up to all of you. Especially... Tiffany." I patted and squeezed her shoulder lightly, partly telling her that it's okay, everything will be alright, and the other half would be me preventing myself from snorting like a pig at her pronunciation of Tiffany's name. Now I get why Tiffany always laughed whenever Taeyeon calls her that way.

But going back to our original topic...

"I just need to know one thing..."

"What is it?"

I took a deep breath and hauled myself up to my feet.

"Why did Boa let us out so easily?"

I heard a shuffle from behind. I braced myself for the worse. "Seohyun... made a deal." Upon hearing maknae's name, I turned to look at Taeyeon---who, apparently, was fiddling her fingers as if she was nervous talking to me all of a sudden.

"What kind of deal?" I asked her. And she looked back up at me and said, “That she’s willing to join the group just so Boa would let us go. That, and for all of these to end.”

I froze for a moment; letting all of the words Taeyeon had said sink into my brain. Seohyun did what?? Is that girl insane or just simply reckless? I know she’d do anything and everything to make things work, I mean, we all would, but making a damned deal with the enemy was just plain stupid! Why would she think so rashly? “Damn that kid...”

I was about to walk away and let the others know that Seohyun has something up her sleeve and that we should stop her like right now. But that’s until I felt a hand grab me and postpone my departure. I looked at Taeyeon expectantly. Whatever she’s gonna tell me had better be good.

“Don’t rush things. It’ll only get more complicated.”

I narrowed my eyes at her. What is she opposing? “What are you opposing?” I voiced. And instead of giving me a verbal answer, she reached out her forearm at me and showed me her wrist. I looked at her with a confused expression painted on my face. She let out a small smile. “Like you said... I have to fight the devil, right?” Ahh... “I don’t have a knife with me.” I confessed. And suddenly, Taeyeon was reaching behind her with her other hand. A familiar silver dagger glinted brightly on her hand. “Oh, so you were planning on stabbing me, huh?” I half-jokingly said, half disappointed about the fact that she was prepared to kill... just like I was.

Taeyeon chuckled at my muse. “Yeah, but I changed my mind---err rather, YOU changed my mind. So let’s just use this for a better cause.” I took the ‘mini sword’ by its hilt in my right hand and held Taeyeon by the wrist with the other. I positioned the dagger---its tip hovering over the milky-white skin of Taeyeon’s wrist. “This might hurt a bit.” I said, and she just nodded with her eyes shut tightly as she bit her lower lip hard in anticipation. I almost laughed. If only I could snap a photo right now, I would.

And without any further ado... “I’ll count one to three, alright?” Taeyeon nodded again, and I just smirked inwardly on what I’m about to do. “One... Two!” Taeyeon howled in pain and nearly collapsed to the floor when I suddenly plunged the dagger deep enough for her skin to rip open and reveal a tiny little piece of diamond meddled with her muscle tissues and blood before even reaching three.

“Damn it, Sunny, take it out!”

I did as she said and took the poisonous material out of her system. I threw it down at my feet. I dropped the dagger onto the floor, leaving a clattering sound as I did, and covered Taeyeon’s open flesh with the palm of my hand to stop it from bleeding (and for it to heal faster) It was a good thing I’ve let Tiffany go home before this thing happened or else, I don’t know if Taeyeon would still have even just an ounce of blood left running through her veins. After I felt the blood finally halted from seeping out, I removed my hands from Taeyeon’s blood-coated wrist and smiled. “There, all better.”

Taeyeon straightened up and threw a hard punch on my arm. “You didn’t even count up to three!” She inquired, and I laughed at her. “If I counted up to three? Hah! You would only end up disrupting me.” She glared at me one last time before she averted her gaze down to her wrist that was still covered in her own blood. She wiped the remaining red substances only to find her open wound earlier minimized to a scar. “Wow. Your powers are good.” She complimented. Aye... “Thanks.” Silence suddenly shot between us as we both watched her scar fade bit by bit.

“What’s your plan?” I asked, breaking the ice.

 

 

 

 

 

---

Present Day
Author’s POV

Seohyun played with her fingers as she let the summer like breeze brush against her reddened cheeks. It was inevitably warm in the Philippines at this time of the year, that’s a fact. But atleast it helps (even just a little) in washing all of the young vampire’s worries away.

They were already in The Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, and are currently staying in several condominium units in Serendra. Seohyun was out on the balcony, having some time alone. For once, she wanted to be alone. She wanted to hear her own thoughts cloud up from deep within her, not leaving any space for other’s to creep in. She was asking herself how she had wind up here with them ever since she got out the plane. She miss her sisters. She miss her only brother. She miss Hyoyeon and Sunny. She miss her guardian angel. She miss Yoona. ‘Yoona.’ She smiled bitterly at her girlfriend’s name. Back before she left, she didn’t care if Yoona would be mad at her for leaving and not intending on coming back, and that she had to do this to protect everyone. But now, it worries her. That if after those three weeks, and she did not come back, would Yoona be able to forgive her for lying leaving? Would her sisters? Would Sooyoung?

“Seohyun...”

The addressed girl instinctively wiped her tears that kept on spilling ever since she got herself out in the open. She glanced at the person standing behind her over her shoulder. “I want to be alone.” Her sentence almost came out muffled. Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just closed the glass sliding door with a click behind her. Seohyun scoffed at the stubborn act. Taeyeon moved closer to where Seohyun was until their shoulder blades touched.

“You know, you didn’t have to face this alone.”

Seohyun turned her head towards Taeyeon’s direction as soon as those words came out of . Taeyeon was watching people and cars pass by from below them, ignoring the intent and confused stare the girl beside her was inflicting. Seohyun scoffed once again as she ran her fingers through her jet-black hair. It was her signature move if she was either pissed or baffled by a certain situation. And in this one... she was feeling both. “Oh Jesus Christ, you’re acting weird too.” Seohyun murmured to herself but never came unheard to Taeyeon’s ears. Taeyeon’s lips curled up on the sides as she faced Seohyun.

“I’m not acting weird. I’m back, Seohyun.” The werewolf revealed in a cautious tone of voice; careful not to get overheard. The rest of the group were only a couple of feet away from where they were. “Come on, I’ll tell you something.” Without any hesitations, Taeyeon grabbed the other immortal by the hand and started to drag her across the room and eventually, outside. Seohyun didn’t even had the slightest time to protest.

Once outside, Seohyun decides to pull her wrist free from Taeyeon’s firm hold. “Stop acting nice. Not after what you caused my sister.” Seohyun turned to walk ahead of Taeyeon---resulting on the older girl chasing closely behind. “I’m not ‘acting’,” Taeyeon quoted and finally kept up with Seohyun’s pace. They were now walking the length of The Fort, passing by restaurants and boutique shops along the way. “I’m serious! I... Sunny rescued me.” By the mention of a familiar name, Seohyun stopped on her tracks and looked at Taeyeon. “What?” Taeyeon took a specific amount of air before resuming her walk. Seohyun followed immediately.

“That day I was absent; when I assume you guys found out I was involved with Boa’s group, and Tiffany and Sunny came rushing into my house. Me and Sunny had a... little fight. And I almost hit your... sister.” Taeyeon carefully stated, afraid of how Seohyun might react at the revelation. Truth to be told, if there was ever anyone whom Taeyeon was truly afraid of, Seohyun would have to take the top spot by landslide. Jessica was intimidating---yes---but she knows how to control her anger, to which Seohyun seemed to lack in so many ways. “Don’t shoot me, okay? I still have a lot to tell you.”

For the first time ever since they’ve landed, Seohyun let out a sly laugh. “Well, you’re fortunate ‘cause... I don’t have a gun.” This time, Taeyeon was the one who laughed. Silence engulfed the two as they walked side by side, taking in the fresh air before the worse. Seohyun broke the ice after they’ve reached a dessert parlor which was Gelatissimo Cafe, and was located just a couple of walks away from their condo building.

“So what were you going to tell me?”

Taeyeon gestured Seohyun to sit down first as she orders them desserts. Seohyun nodded and went to a table just beside the window. She wasn’t really a fan of sweet delights, but since Taeyeon was paying, she took the chance. Reluctantly, she fished out her phone from the back pocket of her jeans and the power. As soon as her wallpaper (which turned out to be her and Yoona’s most recent selfie) her heart immediately sank. The worries that she’d tried to forget ever since she flew from Korea, had come back in a rush. And that certain void she had yet to fill was there again.

A sudden shift of the chair across from her diverted her attention.

“You miss her, don’t you?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah... it’s weird. It’s only been five hours since we left, but I already miss her; them, in general.” Seohyun confessed as she ducked her phone back inside her back pocket. Taeyeon politely handed Seohyun a medium-sized cup of American Chocolate. Seohyun took the cup of dessert and started devouring it. Taeyeon had a grande cup of Caramelized Fig, to which Seohyun never failed to give an amused glance. “What? I haven’t eaten since yesterday.” Taeyeon argued. Seohyun chuckled. “Then we should’ve went someplace else. Somewhere where they serve rice.” “Nah~”

The two giggled together just like friends; a gesture they haven’t done since they’ve met. It lasted for a good couple of seconds before Taeyeon opened to speak again; more serious this time.

“You know... I’m sorry about what I’ve said and how I acted these past few months. I was just... I couldn’t bring myself to comprehend everything that was happening by that time. I’m sorry if I acted like a complete jerk in front all of you. Especially to you and Tiffany.” Taeyeon apologized sincerely. And Seohyun didn’t know what to say; or if she needed to say something. Everything kept on happening too fast; she barely had any time to process Taeyeon’s revelations earlier, and now, this.

Seohyun put down her cup and looked at Taeyeon seriously.

Taeyeon returned the gaze.

“If you really want to make it up to me and my sisters then, do me a favour,” Taeyeon looked at Seohyun expectantly. The younger of them two crossed her arms and leaned on the table as she continued, “Tell me everything that happened---all the way from the day you sided with them.” Even before the werewolf could respond, a shadow suddenly moved beside their table. And it turns out, it was Boa. Seohyun’s breath suddenly got caught up in .

“Let me help you with that.” Boa smiled---the same smile Seohyun grew up knowing.

 

 

 

---

Manila International Airport (NAIA) – Manila, Philippines

By the time Jessica and the gang arrived in the airport, it was already seven-thirty in the evening and the sky was galaxy dark. A massive amount of people crowded the place as they make their way to the immigration area altogether. They’ve complied with the lengthy line and signed out one by one. Once outside, they wait for a certain metallic gray Cadillac Escalade and a black Ford Expedition that In Guk rented all the way from Korea. He should’ve bought the cars but, those wasn’t his style, Jessica thought.

“Where are we staying? You haven’t told a single thing.” Tiffany asked as she took off her carnation pink cardigan when she started to feel the heat rage through her body. The Philippines was a tropical country, that’s a fact, but it was exceptionally warm today than the past few days. In Guk was about to answer to his sister’s question, but the SUVs they were waiting for finally arrived and stopped right in front of them. In Guk ushered the ladies inside the Cadillac first before he, Luhan, and his friend---Huh Gak---who resides in the vampire institute in Malate, Manila, helped put all their luggage inside the Expedition. Once settled, the three men entered the first car and drove off, the other car followed closely behind.

“It’s nice to see you three again.” Huh Gak gleefully stated, his eyes glued on the road as he drove. In Guk was at the front, beside his dear friend. “Yeah. It’s nice to see you again, my friend.” In Guk’s eyes diminished into a crescent shape, just like Tiffany’s when she smiles. The rest of the group were awfully quiet at the back, with only Hyoyeon’s blaring music from her mini speakers resounding inside the SUV. The seating arrangements were, Tiffany, Yoona, Yuri, and Jessica on the middle row, and the rest (who were apparently, Luhan, Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung)  were at the very back.

Tiffany leaned her head on the window as she lazily opened to speak. “Let me guess... we’re going to stay in the institute.” She purposely meant the question to be a statement. Huh Gak glanced at the younger girl from the rearview mirror and let out a wary smile. “Yeah... your guesses are correct.” And as if completely reading Tiffany’s mind, Huh Gak waved off Tiffany’s forming glare as he added, “No, don’t worry about your human friends. The vampires there are completely harmless AND mortal friendly.” The current eldest inside the moving car reassured. And Yuri and Yoona tensed and shifted uncomfotably on their seats. They didn’t know how to feel exactly about the fact that they’ll be residing with vampires other than the Jungs.

“What about us?” Hyoyeon shouted from the back, and Sooyoung nudged her on the ribs. It took a minute or so before Huh Gak answered. “I’ll be working on that.”

 

 

 

By the moment the group arrived in the institute, the two humans in the car finally awoke from their deep slumber. Everyone started getting out of the car to stand right before the vampire institute’s gigantic wrought iron gates. In Guk and Huh Gak went ahead of the group as they took the ‘speaking with the committee and asking for help with the luggage’ as an excuse. Just as the two men were gone, the group started chatting to kill time.

“The institute has Greek architecture.” Yuri mused as she craned her neck to observe the institute’s architecture. She wasn’t an artist but being long-time friends with Kim Taeyeon was a huge of an influence. One time she even wondered why Taeyeon even chose Business Administration as her career choice. She should’ve took Architecture or Engineering instead. But then, she knew Taeyeon wouldn’t have wanted the three of them to part ways; neither does she and Yoona.

“It was built by Achilles, the same ancient Greek vampire who constructed the vampire institute in Athens. He was a warrior, and a good friend of my ancestors. He’d lived off for thousands of years. Though he had a stone-built frame, and he was tough, he still had a soft spot for his people and for those who have a pure heart. He was a fine young man. He was a complete gentleman.”

Yuri shot a side glance at her girlfriend. “Seems like you knew him so well.” Jessica almost wanted to laugh at her girlfriend’s tone of voice. She could sense jealousy alright. She smirked inwardly. “Oh trust me, I do. My parents arranged me and him to get married.” This time, Jessica hadn’t managed to contain her laughter at Yuri’s astounded expression. She haven’t told anybody about the fact that a Greek God and her used to be close friends and were almost married to one another. “But he died in 1901---when I was seventeen. And his parents and my parents were supposed to finalize the idea of the marriage by the time I reach eighteen. But unfortunately, a battle surfaced and he died. It was devastating. He was one of the few good friends I’ve had.” Jessica explained.

Yuri finally calmed when she knew that Achilles was no longer existing. Call her evil but, Jessica was hers and hers ONLY, she thought. “Would you have agreed?” The tanned-girl carefully asked. She wanted to know if Jessica would have felt something for him. It wasn’t really a big deal to anyone, but to her---to Yuri---it meant something. Jessica shook her head as a respond to Yuri’s question. “No. We were better off as friends. And besides...” The brunette turned to face her girlfriend. She reached out her two hands and cupped Yuri’s cheeks as she says, “You were coming to get me, so I had to wait.”

But even before Jessica could lean in and capture Yuri’s soft lips in hers in a fervent kiss, the sound of a clearing throat came into picture. Tiffany, Sooyoung, Yoona, Sunny, and Luhan’s laughter came right after. The other six were all sitting by the curb and were watching the two lovers earlier like watching a romantic movie.

“Sorry about that. Go on.” Hyoyeon insinuated as she stifled her laugh. Jessica just glared at her. But even before the brunette could even kick the fallen’s a**, In Guk and Huh Gak came descending from the platform base of the building down to the stereobate, or collectively called ‘steps’ or ‘stairs’. “Guys! We got you covered. Come on, let’s get inside.” In Guk beckoned the gang inside the institute.

It took whole two hours for all of them to meet the locals, and an extra hour for everyone to settle in their respective rooms. The vampires (namely Jessica, Tiffany, and In Guk) were staying at the right side building of the institute, whilst the other races (Yuri, Yoona, Luhan, Sooyoung, Sunny, and Hyoyeon) where on the other side of the institute. The Jungs were on the second floor. Yuri and Yoona were at the top floor. The three fallen angels were at the third level. And Luhan’s room was located at the fourth.

At first, they didn’t agree at the room arrangements but later on, they understood that the locals residing in the institute were just being careful. It's once in a blue moon they get visitors from around the wolrd, let alone other races, they said.

Tiffany bounced on the king-sized bed with a loud thud and a heavy sigh. “We don’t even sleep, why’d they even have beds? AND king-sized ones?” Jessica was at the bathroom, peeling of the light amount of make-up she had on. She came out after a minute and dried her hair with a towel. “Huh? You said something?” She asked in masked innocence. Tiffany shot daggers at her sister. Jessica shrugged off the look. “You were asking a silly question. It almost sounded like you were asking why do we even have bedrooms at home.”

The younger of the two just groaned out of frustration. She spun over and stared at the ceiling---which had a painting of a blue sky as a wallpaper. A crystal chandelier hung delicately above. Tiffany closed her eyes, the bright yellow-orange ray of light from the chandelier still lingered her visions. She huffed through her nostrils.

“Jess...”

Jessica hummed in response as she rummaged through her luggage for clean clothes. They didn’t bother unpacking because like what Sunny said, they weren’t here for vacation, they were here for a rescue mission. And besides, packing and unpacking in a short amount of time would be a waste of energy. They’d rather save those for what’s to come.

“Do you think... Juhyun’s alright?”

The older girl already had her black and white striped sweatshirt halfway down to her abdomen when Tiffany asked the question. Jessica paused dressing herself. “You tell me. You can see the future, have you forgotten?”

Tiffany opened her eyes and sat right up. She backed away until her back reached the headboard. She crossed her arms by her chest; feeling devastated about the situation. “Something’s blocking me.” Jessica was about to get into bed but stopped right at the foot of it and stared at her sister with a blank expression. “What?” “Something’s blocking my mind from foreseeing things and... I don’t know who or what.” Jessica finally breathed. Tiffany crawled her way to where her sister now sat until they were both sitting side by side. “Jess, right now... I don’t know what’s going to happen. And I’m so ed up!”

“Hey... it’s okay. Everything’s going to be okay. As long as we’re all together, everything would be fine. Trust me, hmm?” Jessica didn’t exactly knew what to do, but consoling her sister might be the least she could do for now. She laid Tiffany’s head onto her shoulder, and swung her left arm around her sister’s shoulder and patted her like how she used to whenever Tiffany cried because she couldn’t get hold of her abilities when they were still young.

“Our baby girl’s going to be okay...

“We’re going to be okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

---

Four Days Ago
Warehouse

It took an hour and a half for Taeyeon to run to a store, more specifically a blood bank, and back to the warehouse just to get the guys something to eat. They were leaving three days time, and they’re better off to come stomach full than empty handed AND starving. That wasn’t a good deal.

Taeyeon killed the engine of Taeyang’s Dodge Ram pick-up truck and stayed there for a couple of minutes, rewinding the past events in her head like a video player. She tapped her fingertips on the steering wheel in an unfamiliar rhythm as she stared straight out the windshield. She contemplated on what she and Sunny had discussed four days had passed.

“How in the world would I be able to save Boa unnie?”

Taeyeon groaned in her seat and slammed her forehead on the steering wheel, harder than she intended. “Ah...” She rubbed the reddened spot. She groaned once again and grabbed the plastic bag on the passenger seat and went out.

Inside the warehouse, Taeyeon passed through the living room first, and there she found the three blonde boys---Zelo, Ravi, and Sehun, who were busy playing Silent Hill on the PS4. The werewolf shook her head in disbelief, wondering if the three ever felt like growing up. Because ever since she got here, there's nothing she ever saw the trio do but play video games. Connected through the living room was the kitchen slash dining area. And there she met the others, who were namely, Taeyang, Dara, Donghae, and Min, sitting by the marble-top dining table---playing cards.

“Yah! That’s cheating!”

“No, it isn’t!”

“Yes, it is! You liar!”

"Yah, Yongbae, you're being unfair~"

After standing there awkwardly while the siblings bicker about who cheated and what not, she moved closer towards the table and placed the plastic bag down at the center with a loud thud. The four people surrounding the table snapped their heads up to look at the culprit who just interrupted the game. Taeyeon just smiled.

“Bon a petit~”

The group chuckled. “Thanks, Taeng.” Donghae acknowledged. The others copied Donghae. And Taeyeon was about to turn around and go someplace else, but the same running thought in her head came back in the last minute. She turned her torso around and asked the question, “Where’s Boa unnie?” Without looking towards her direction, Min raised a finger and pointed to a direction opposite the living room. “She’s in her room, Taeng.” Taeyeon gave a light nod. “Thanks. Enjoy~”

 

 

 

Taeyeon felt her heartbeat race like it was gonna pop out of her chest with every step she took. Her steps were getting heavier with each second too. She was suddenly terrified. At this moment, she didn’t have any back up plan, nor did she have anyone to her rescue in case things get ugly. But she wasn’t going to retreat now. She can’t. She had to save herself, Boa, Donghae...

She needs to do this now. It was the least she could do to make up for all the mistakes she’d committed.

“Unnie...”

“Taeng? Is that you?”

“Yeah. Uhmm... can we... talk?” The other side of the door went silent for a moment until Taeyeon heard footsteps approaching and metal clanging. The door to Boa’s room opened wide next. “Sure.” Boa welcomed the younger girl inside and closed the wooden door behind her. “What’s up?” She asked. And Taeyeon took a deep breath before turning to face her.

“I need to tell you something.” Taeyeon inquired as she pretended to clasp her hands behind her. Her right hand immediately searched for a familiar knife locked on a sheath that was tucked on the waistband of her jeans at the small of her back. Right when she finally grasped the hilt, her hand started shaking violently. She hoped Boa didn’t notice.

“Go ahead.”

“I’m sorry...” Taeyeon trailed as she reached out for Boa’s left hand with hers. She masked her running thumb on Boa’s wrist as a loving and apologetic gesture, to which the vampire found eerily odd.

“Taeyeon, what are you apologizing for?”

‘Here goes nothing...’

Taeyeon her lower lip.

This.”

---

NOTE: I hope this chap answered most of your questions, but if you have additionals, I'm more than willing to answer them :)))

And please don't expect a sooner update. I'm preparing for my midterms that would take place next week, and I'll be busy so... Until I update, I'll see you guys soon ^^

My THANKS to, of course, my dear readers! :D Thank you for subscribing and upvoting this story! It means a lot to me coz it's my first story so... thank you so much! Mwaaahhhh <3 I LOVE YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3

Til my next update~! x)))