In Time

The Unwanted

KIM’s RESIDENCE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So... you knew my daughter?”

All of the people inside the house was gathered together at the living room.

The Jung sisters, and Luhan sat together at the huge sofa; Yoona and Yuri were at the side couches---Yuri on the right, and Yoona on the left; and the rest of the gang---Sooyoung, Sunny, and Hyoyeon were at the back yard. They decided to stay of it. It was only the three sisters, Mr. and Mrs. Kim wanted to talk to anyways.

They just listened with those dog-like ears of theirs.

 

 

 

“And you’re friends?”

“Yes... sir.” Jessica was the only one who responded.

Mr. Kim crossed his arms by his chest as he sat straight at one of the two yoke back dining chairs that was placed just across where the sofa set was located. “What are your names?” he said with a stern voice. Like a police officer gathering information about the criminals he had captured.

“I’m Jung Soo Yeon.” The eldest of the sisters said first. She glanced at Tiffany who was sitting by her right side, head hung low as if she was being reprimanded. She softly nudged her sister, who immediately straightened up. Jessica stifled a laugh. This wasn’t really a good time to laugh, you know?

“I-I’m... Jung Mi Young.” Right then, Tiffany went back to her slumping position earlier. For all her life this was the very first time she felt scared and intimidated with someone. She didn’t exactly knew whether it was because this was the very first time she had met Taeyeon’s parents, or was it because Mr. Kim have been constantly giving a sort-of glare to them ever since they stepped into the household.

And right then, she remembered the look on their faces when the couple saw them.

‘Vampires’

They said in their minds... as what Seohyun had read.

 

 

 

“I’m Joo Hyun.” Seohyun said in a firm tone. “We’re sisters.” She said as a matter of fact.

They all waited for a response. They saw the couple share a glance.

Mr. Kim finally spoke. “Who... are your parents?”

The three sisters were a bit taken aback at the question. What does their parents had to do with Taeyeon’s? They looked at each other before Jessica answered the middle-aged man.

“Jung Se Yeol and Lee Jung Seok.”

She carefully said, still curious as to why Mr. Kim had asked about their parents out of the blue.

“Jung Se Yeol??” Mr. Kim exclaimed, standing up as he said so. “The same Prince Jung Se Yeol??” he exclaimed once again. He couldn’t believe he would be encountering the said man’s children.

All the six people sitting at the living room sofas all had their eyes widened ever since Mr. Kim mentioned the sisters’ father.

“Y-Yes. How did you---“

“Uncle, d-do you know their father?” Yuri was the one who spoke.

Mr. Kim sat back down on his chair. “Yes... I knew him. He’s... he’s a good friend of mine.” He said in all honesty as he reminisced his childhood days with the late Prince. He turned to the three sisters, who was still sitting there with bewildered expressions painted on their faces. “Your father and I have been the best of friends ever since we were still kids. I’m shocked he hasn’t told you about me.” the last sentence came out almost like a whisper.

“No. Maybe he did, sir. But as you may know, we didn’t really care about his acquaintances back then.” Seohyun defended while furiously waving her hand upfront in disagreement. “So... we might have some tendencies on forgetting... these things.” She smiled.

“I see.”

Just as they all fell silent, Mrs. Kim suddenly cleared . “Uhmm... so... about Taeyeon...”

“Yes?”

“Do you perhaps... have a clue where she is?”

 

 

 

 

 

SILENCE.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica reached for Tiffany’s hand and squeezed it lightly as if she’s trying to say something. She felt her younger sister squeeze her hand in return.

She glanced at Yuri who was apparently looking at her with an unreadable expression.

Her girlfriend’s expecting her to say something.

She wanted to say something.

She wanted to tell everybody in this room so badly that Donghae HAS Taeyeon.

Donghae.

Yuri’s cousin.

The same guy she wanted to kick the sh*t out of.

The one guy that’s hiding the one girl everybody was searching for, for almost three months now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Flashback
Few weeks ago...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae took slow, careful steps as he was about to set his foot on the soil of one of the places he hated the most. ‘God... why am I even doing this?’ The place reminded him of his school back in LA.

A girl shockingly invited him to this place. That girl was the same girl he loved once, he cared for once, but now... things have... changed. He hates her now. Or was he only pushing himself to?

Donghae shook his head repeatedly to shake off the thoughts. He turned his torso around and was about to leave. He shouldn’t have agreed, he thought. But something pushed him to. Some kind of gravity pull. He stopped on his tracks as he felt something---someone behind him. His imaginary heart started to race as he slowly turned around.

Seohyun raised an eyebrow. “You weren’t thinking of ditching me, were you?” she said in her usually intimidating toned voice. She scoffed and gestured at Donghae to follow her inside.

Donghae hesitated for a while, but then, he thought about their plans.

‘Lure them. One way or another. If you had to do it step by step, then, go. As long as you don’t disappoint me. And I know you would not.’

Boa trusted him. And so he has to make her proud of him. He had finally decided.

 

 

 

 

 

They both stepped into the campus.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a few moments of ‘walking’, Donghae sees Seohyun opening a metal door. They were in the rooftop now, he guessed. It somehow crossed his mind as to how Seohyun managed to get them here in a jiffy like they rode some kind of machine. He wasn’t really fond of vampire powers. He never really got used to it... well... at least except for one thing, though.

 

 

 

Sun rays started slipping into the spot they were both standing at. He supposed, Seohyun finally opened the door fully. He covered his eyes with his right hand. He hadn’t really felt sunlight like this---so close, so bright, so... blinding. “Yah!” he winced.

Seohyun let out a sarcastic chuckle. “Come on! How many years have you been a vampire?” the brunette proceeded further into the rooftop, leaving a dazed Donghae on the other side of the metal door. She rolled her eyes as she saw Donghae still in a bewildered state. She rolled her sleeve up to her elbow. She showed him her sparkling skin. “You’re so stupid.” She announced.

Donghae was more stunned at what he saw. All this time, his siblings had been telling him that he shouldn’t go into the sun, that if he would ever, he should wear something long that could cover up his skin. They told him to wear sunglasses whenever he did. And he DID. “Wha---“

Even before Donghae could even react, Seohyun was already pulling him further into the rooftop.

Seohyun roughly tore off her ex’s closed-neck trench coat, revealing the former’s bare shoulder. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt inside. For  a moment there, she blushed. But thanks to the bright surroundings, Donghae didn’t notice her reddening cheeks. Why DID she do that? She screamed inside her head.

Donghae’s mouth went agape. He was seeing himself sparkling like diamonds like how Seohyun was earlier. He wanted to cry in astonishment for a moment there. He was definitely gonna scold his siblings when he gets home.

The brunette almost smiled at the look on the guy’s face. She realized, she shouldn’t be like this. She was getting his trust for one reason and one reason only---to know where Taeyeon could possibly be. And no any other reason. She was doing this for her sister, and her girlfriend.

Seohyun closed Donghae’s trench coat and went elsewhere.

Donghae came back to his senses and followed Seohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Present Time

 

 

 

 

 

“Your highnesses---“

“Sir, we may not know where exactly your daughter is... but we do know who has hold of her.” Seohyun cut off what the man has to say. She had had enough of this situation already, and so she decided to speak for her sisters. Although... her plans with Donghae hasn’t gotten any good progress... yet. She shot a sideway glance at Yuri before she finished off her sentence.

 

 

 

“Lee Donghae has her.” The young brunette said in a calm tone.

Yuri immediately got up on her own feet the moment she heard what she was expecting to hear---her cousin’s name. She wanted to get mad at the sisters for seemingly accusing her cousin of something he couldn’t and wouldn’t do. She knew him well, and him kidnapping her best friend is the last thing he would ever do. Why would he, right? For what reasons?

“Seohyun, how are you sure that Donghae HAS Taeyeon?”

She had her left hand clenched into a fist. She wanted to yell, but she knew it would be wrong. It would only worsen the situation, so she decided to calm down even just for a bit. “Donghae wouldn’t that. He’s not like that.” she insisted. She knew Donghae’s innocent from all of this, and she would protect the guy no matter what.

Sensing the now tensed atmosphere, Mr. Kim stood up. “Yuri, let us hear what she has to say. It’s not like Donghae did something wrong... but if he does know where could Taeyeon be---“

“Uncle! Why are you suddenly siding with them?” Yuri forgot to hold it in, and yelled. She didn’t want this---her having to choose which side she’s going to fight with. Just... how could she choose between her family and the love of her life? She definitely knows that anytime soon, Jessica would be the one she’d be arguing with.

“Yuri... sweetheart... we’re not saying that Hae kidnapped Taeyeon, okay? What we’re trying to figure out here is... what if Donghae knows where Taeyeon is? I’d ask every person in this country if it means finding my only daughter, Yuri, you know that.” Mr. Kim said in his unusual calm, soft-toned voice---which was utterly different from earlier. He didn’t know who exactly was telling the truth. But he knows that Princess Joohyun won’t lie about something serious like this.

But then he couldn’t even think of a reason as to why would Donghae hide his daughter for nearly three months? ‘Why’ was the only question he had in mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“How much do you know Donghae?” Seohyun spoke again, but this time, she was talking directly to Yuri. She didn’t care anymore about the stares everyone inside the room was giving to her, especially Yoona, who knew everything what her ‘oppa’ was hiding.

Silence fell among the people in the living room right after Seohyun’s question.

 

 

 

“I know him well. Well enough to think that he wouldn’t kidnap my best friend.” Yuri finally answered in  her dangerously husky voice. If only she could lunge herself at the brunette in front of her, she would’ve done it... but there’s just one person who’s stopping her from doing so.

Jessica.

The same girl who had been occupying her mind ever since Seohyun and her starting tensing up the situation inside the living room. Her girlfriend had been using her compulsory powers to her ever since.

 

 

 

‘Don’t, Yuri. Please. Keep it in. I beg you.’

 

 

 

Jessica finally stood between Seohyun and Yuri. She already knows what would happen next if she didn’t. “Mr. Kim... I think we’ll have to talk some other time.” She said in an almost quiet tone as she looked back and forth at her sister and her girlfriend.

The two were obviously holding back. And everyone in the room knew that if this conversation doesn’t end like right now... all hell’s going to break loose.

“Let’s go...” Jessica grabbed her maknae by the arm, and was about to drag her, until the former spoke one last time.

 

 

 

“He’s a vampire. Did you even knew that?”

Yuri widened her eyes at the younger girl’s sudden revelation, so as Yoona, Luhan, and Mr. and Mrs. Kim. They never expected such information coming from the other party. “What?!” the tanned girl exclaimed. She didn’t want to believe what Seohyun had just said, but at the same time, some part of her does. How could Seohyun tell such lies? She knew the girl like she knew Jessica and Tiffany.

They would never lie.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You didn’t, did you?” Seohyun hastily removed her sister’s grip from her arm as she spoke again. “You don’t know everything about him. You may know the good sides... but you still don’t have the slightest right to tell me that you know him so well, that he can’t do things like this. He’s your cousin, yes. But it still wouldn’t change the fact that we know him better than you.” She clenched her fist as she spoke, tears b in her eyes as it slowly change from the colour of brown to golden yellow. It’s really a good thing she has great self-control, or else, she wouldn’t be speaking like this, by this time, she would’ve thrown Yuri out the window already.

“You don’t know what he’s capable of. You. Don’t. Know what he’s done to me and my family. You don’t have a single idea what he really is. So don’t tell me nonsense things.”

With a lone tear escaping from Seohyun’s eyes, she turned her torso around, and walked towards the main door without looking back.

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica bowed towards Mr. and Mrs. Kim. “Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, I sincerely apologize for my sister’s behaviour. It’s been a day. I hope you understand.” She said in a monotonous, but fairly polite voice.

The ice princess glanced last at her girlfriend, who had her head hung low, and didn’t know how to react at everything that’s happened. Jessica could only sigh. This was the moment she was afraid of coming---the moment when Yuri had to choose between her and Donghae.

She shook her thoughts away, and with one last bow of respect, she finally brisk-walked towards the main door. What was to come? She didn’t know. Not even one of them knows.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Tiffany’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

After a few seconds after Jessi left the scene in the living room, I finally took courage to face Taeyeon’s parents. I know... I was like a child being scolded by her teacher earlier. But can you blame me? It’s the very first time I’ve met Tae’s parents, and in this situation! How do you expect me to react?

I stood up on my own two feet, and bowed in a ninety degree angle. “Forgive us for what had happened, sir, ma’am. I hope we can talk this out soon. Until then... it was nice meeting you.” I said as politely as my mouth could possibly blurt out at this moment. I showed a slight smile before I turned around and walked away. I heard a set of footsteps coming right before I got to open the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as I got out of Kim’s Residence, I immediately searched for my sisters. Although... I highly doubt they can still be seen. I mean, out of us three? Only Jessica and Seohyun could really be mind-blowingly fast. I’m not really into running... and such. BUT if you’d still compare it with humans’ speed, of course I’m still inhuman. I’m still a vampire for crying out loud. Okay, now, where were we? Oh, right! My sisters.

 

 

 

“Damn it! I really hate vampire’s extraordinary super speed powers!” I turned around to see our three guardians standing right behind me, like bodyguards. The three of them looked at me the moment I did what I did.

“What?” They all said in unison.

“Well? Aren’t you gonna do something for us to find them?” I said as a matter of fact. I saw Hyoyeon and Sooyoung look at each other.

“We’ll find them.” They both said in unison. And even before I could open my mouth to protest, the two already left at almost the speed of light. Now, I’m left with my best friend. And after about a second of removing Sooyoung and Hyoyeon’s detached feathers that had landed on my shoulder, I finally lifted my head up to only witness Sunny’s hand reaching over to me. I raised my eyebrows at her. “Hmm?” I sort of asked.

She huffed in annoyance, and I couldn’t help but giggle at her cuteness. “What? Why? Where are we going?” I think I asked too much? But either way, she just grabbed my hand, and we both walked away from Taeyeon’s house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Condemned Building
Rooftop

 

 

 

 

 

“What are we doing here?” I asked as I slowly get down from Soonkyu’s back. I stood a little behind her as I watch her black huge wings slowly and carefully return inside her body. She haven’t spoken a single word ever since our flight all the way here, in this... filthy, wrecked place. I heard Sunny grunt a little, and after that, her clothes finally returned to its original form---not tattered.

Sunny finally turned around to face me, and for the first time ever since we left the Kim’s Residence, she finally choke out actual words. “There’s something---someone you need to see.” She said in her unusual serious, low-toned voice. I felt my body start to tremble out of nervousness. Wait. Why am I even getting nervous? Was it because of Sunny’s voice? Or because she’s now walking me to the edge of the rooftop? But wait just a darn minute...

I’m NOT afraid of heights. Immortals aren’t afraid of human... things. I looked at the view right below us as I feel the wind caressing my pale-white, ice-cold skin. I whipped my head at the direction where my guardian stood---beside me. “Sunny, what is this?” It took a little while before she answered. I heard a sigh.

“You see that empty warehouse?” She said without looking at me, but pointed at the addressed establishment with her pointing finger. Seriousness was still heard within her voice.

I nodded in response as let my eyes rest at the two storey establishment she was pointing at. “What about... it?” I carefully, almost quietly, asked in return.

 

 

 

“Don’t tear your eyes from it.”

I got more confused. What exactly is Sunny doing right now? I abruptly turned to face her again. My eyebrows knitted together. “Sunny, what in the Earth’s sake is this?” My voice showed pure irritation, but I couldn't just let my confusion and nervousness get the best of me, so I still kept the rest inside me. I can’t endure Sunny to get mad at me again.

I waited for her verbal answer, but she only shot me a crooked smile---which never failed to get me even more confused and irritated at our current situation. Seriously? I hate people who gets around the bush.

Giving up, I turned my attention back at the warehouse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Author’s POV

Two figures sat side by side at the bench near the backyard pool, as they lazily watch a tanned girl swim back and forth. THAT girl have been swimming for God knows how long, and doesn’t even seem to get tired.

 

 

 

“Yoona.” the only guy out of the three, called out to the girl beside him.

“Hmm?” Yoona, who currently had her head hung low as she played with her fingers. She was getting bored herself. Well, watching your best friend dive, and swim for hours now, isn’t really a very fascinating thing. She heaved a sigh. “If you’re going to ask me if you can date Seohyun if we ever break up...” the doe-eyed girl stood from her place before she continued her sentence. She faced Luhan. “... kept on dreaming. We have no plans of parting ways.” She said in a stern voice. She started walking away.

But that’s until Luhan spoke again, the same time he stood. “I know that. But that’s not what I wanted to say.” He said in all honesty. Yes. He likes Seohyun, but it’s only pure admiration. Nothing more, nothing less. “Do you... believe in what Seohyun had said earlier?” he daresay.

Yoona slowly turned her torso around to face Luhan again. “Of course I believe my girlfriend. She would never lie. Stop doubting her.” She said in a calm but threatening voice. She turned to walk away again, but later stopped once again when another voice spoke.

 

 

 

“So it’s okay to believe Seohyun than Donghae? Is that it?” Apparently, Yuri have already decided to stop her antics of swimming her a** out. She’s human, she gets tired. She grabbed the bathrobe lying on a bench, and wrapped it to her own body as she walks closer to where Yoona stood.

The doe-eyed girl heaved another sigh at her best friend’s question. “Look. I’m not saying Hae oppa is lying...” she turned around again. “I’m just saying that... Seohyun wouldn’t lie. Jessica unnie, and Tiffany unnie too. Don’t you believe them? For what purposes do you think they’d lie to us for? What do you take Sica unnie for? Huh?” she stated as a matter of fact, her voice unknowingly rising at every sentence. “Unnie, I’m not forcing you to believe, and I’m not telling you to neglect your own cousin, but what if they’re right? What if Donghae oppa does know where Taeyeon unnie is?”

Yoona’s every word felt like a sledgehammer pounding on Yuri’s head repeatedly as the latter continues. She fell speechless all of a sudden. She felt bad about thinking that her own girlfriend would lie to her. What was she thinking?

 

 

 

“Unnie, Donghae oppa is the only lead we’ve got.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BLAG.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie!”

“Noona!”

The two doe-eyed figures immediately ran to Yuri’s each sides as soon as she fell on the floor, unconscious.

 

 

 

“Unnie! Wake up!” Yoona continuously shook the older girl’s body, but nothing happened. “Yah!” she shouted as she was now placing light slaps across the other girl’s face.

Luhan was doing the same. “Should we bring her to the hospital?” The latter suggested.

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona spaced out for a second before she had finally come up with an answer. “Call Sica unnie.” she instructed the boy crouching across her, the same time she gave him her phone.

“Why---“

“Just do it.”

Luhan nodded as soon as Yoona said what she just said, and quickly searched for Jessica’s number on Yoona’s phone. He didn’t exactly know why the doe-eyed girl would want to call Yuri’s girlfriend instead of bringing the latter to the hospital. “Are you sure, Jessica noona could help?” he asked as he waited for the older girl’s response from the other line. He just received a slight nod from the girl across him.

 

 

 

 

 

[Yoong, why’d you call?] Jessica finally picked up.

Luhan got a little bit startled at the voice. “Uhh... noona, it’s Luhan.” He said as he watched Yoona feeling Yuri’s pulse on her neck, and her wrist.

[Hmm. What’s up?]

“Yuri noona fainted just now.”

[What?!] Came Jessica’s dolphin-like voice, which never failed to almost tear up Luhan’s eardrums.

“Ow~” Luhan winced silently for a few seconds. As soon as the doe-eyed boy got his hearing back, he started speaking again. “She did. Yoona told me to call you. So...”

[Okay. I’ll be there in a jiffy.]

 

 

 

 

 

Tot... tot... tot...

Luhan brought Yoona’s phone away from his ear, and looked at the wide screen. “Aigoo... vampires...” he muttered to himself. He threw the phone back to its owner.

Yoona caught the material just in time.

“Is she still breathing?” Luhan dared to ask. He slumped his buttocks down on the swimming pool’s stone tile flooring. He saw Yoona doing the same. And he saw her shoot him a death-defying glare. “What?”

“Of course she’s still breathing. Do you think I’d be this calm if she wasn’t?”

Wolf boy just chuckled. “You’re right.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What happened??”

 

 

 

 

 

“Jesus!”

“Omo!”

Both Luhan and Yoona exclaimed in unison as they both held their own pounding chests. Luhan nearly hugged Yuri’s unconscious lying figure on the side, whilst Yoona nearly fell off the pool.

“God dammit, unnie, you scared us!” Yoona said, still had her hand over her still pounding chest. She stood on her feet and composed herself. Luhan did the same. “Unnie... she just... she just fainted while we were arguing...” she rubbed her nape. “I don’t know what to do, so I called you.”

Jessica didn’t react to Yoona’s statement, because she was busy checking her girlfriend’s state. She was about to stand back up when suddenly, her thumb caught something on Yuri’s wrist. ‘What the?’ she furrowed her eyebrows as she flipped the tanned girl’s wrist over.

Yuri had a tiny chip-like diamond implanted deep in her wrist.

Jessica widened her eyes, which caused both Luhan and Yoona to be confused at her reactions.

 

 

 

“Noona, what is it?” Luhan was the one who asked. He took a peek at Yuri’s wrist.

“It wasn’t an ordinary situation...” Jessica murmured. “Everything was planned.” She added. She clenched her left fist into a ball.

“Unnie, what do you mean?”

Jessica ignored the doe-eyed girl’s question as she hurriedly dug her finger nails to remove the gem from her girlfriend’s wrist. ‘No. This can’t be happening...’ she said to herself over and over again until she successfully removed the poisonous material. A velvet coloured liquid was now oozing out of Yuri’s left wrist, where the gem was placed earlier.

The brunette looked up at the two younger figures standing before her as they watched in pure confusion with a mix of horror at the scene they were witnessing now. Jessica could only sigh at their expressions. “You two might wanna turn around.” Was all she said, but she saw no response coming from the two. She heaved another sigh. Her eyes were already blazing with a golden colour.

“Okay... don’t slap me for this.” She said last as she finally brought Yuri’s bleeding wrist to . She dug her fangs into the soft skin, and in the younger girl’s blood, letting all its tastes explode into . She had never had fresh blood for so many years she lost count.

 

 

 

On the other side, Luhan had his eyes widened like it was gonna come out of its sockets anytime soon, his mouth’s open wide too, almost similar to Yoona’s. And the other doe-eyed, almost wanted to faint at the sight. She never knew watching a vampire blood in real life would be this... close to frightening.

It was all so surreal.

///

Again, I apologize if I always make you guys wait. But I hope that you do understand that I've got more important things to attend to. *bows*

But anyways... I hope you liked the update. And chapter 33's in the works so I'll update again sooner :))

THANK YOU for all the unending support you've been giving me ever since---ALL the SUBS, COMMENTS, and UPVOTES, I THANK YOU for it all, and I won't get tired thanking :))

Until then... see you all in a while~ <3