Blank Space

The Unwanted

NOTE: Hey gheis, I'm back! Sorry if I haven't updated last week. I was kinda busy last week (add the typhoon that just hit Philippines---sa mga kababayan ko, I hope you're all alright :))

But without further ado... here you go! :DD

Just a little warning though, this chap is kinda like a roller-coaster ride so... hang on tight! Hahaha

---

“Ow!”

Jessica grunted in pain as she held the back of her head using her left hand. Although the space she was in was difficult for an averaged-height person to be inside of; she still moved slightly free (the advantage of being a danshin as she labeled it) ‘Should I be happy that I’m short or should I be mad ‘cause no matter how hard I try I’ll never be able to reach my car keys up the shelves every time Hyoyeon pranks me?’ she had asked herself once.

“Fine. I’ll be happy for now.” she murmured to herself as she continued to crawl her way further into the air vent she was currently in.

Jessica didn’t know where this air vent could lead to, and what could’ve been waiting for her at the end of the line. But of course, right now, she didn’t care; didn’t care whether she could most probably end up straight to where Boa and her gang is, that could most probably lead to her own death. She needed to find Yuri.

That’s what all she cares about right now.

 

 

 

 

 

“Yuri?” she whispered into the air as she stopped crawling and continued to sniff almost like a dog trying to look for a grenade inside a mysterious man’s luggage. ‘No. It doesn’t smell like Yuri...’ Jessica was about to go on her way after a minute of contemplating, but a familiar voice prevented her from doing so.

‘Dammit! How am I going to get out of here?!’ It wasn’t directed at her (of course, at this rate no one could see her) but it wasn’t directed onto someone either. It was just a mere whisper to oneself. Jessica IS a vampire, nothing would ever go unheard. She brought her right ear towards the steel wall on her right---where the voice most probably had come from. The brunette stayed still and quiet as she anticipated another word from whoever it is that’s on the other side of the wall.

‘Aish! I already miss Seohyun...’ Jessica gaped as she couldn’t believe who’s on the other side. “Yoona?” now, it was her turn to whisper to herself (which she was doing ever since earlier actually) “How did she get here?” was the next ‘self-question’ Jessica asked. After a second of thinking what to do, Jessica crammed as she tried to find an opening in her place. “Sh*t I don’t have time for this!” she cursed once more before she finally decided to land her fist onto the cold hard metal to create an opening.

And in no time, Jessica was out of the vent, and into the huge room that Yoona was in; leaving the doe-eyed girl stunned.

 

 

 

“Hi. You didn’t tell me you were here. I would’ve gotten here sooner.” The brunette said in a slightly sarcastic manner as she dusted off her clothes. She and Yoona had a staring contest for about a second until the younger of them two finally blinked and opened to speak. “Uhh... I didn’t know you were here too, unnie...” Yoona said in a hoarse voice. The doe-eyed girl was about to speak again but in just a blink of an eye, Jessica was now in front of her, checking on her.

“What happened in the mansion?? Who did this to you??” Jessica asked in an urgent tone of voice as she checked on Yoona all over almost like a mother checking on her daughter. Yoona only knitted her eyebrows together, and stared at the brunette in front of her, as she tried to remember again what had happened hours ago. “I...” the younger started.

“We were attacked.”

 

 

 

 

 

---

Present Day
HHG University

Seohyun’s POV

It was a Monday once again; the start of a new semester, start of a senseless stress, but fortunately, a rest from all those drama that had happened three days ago, and a few months back. Though, I know there’s more to come and to look forward to, but at least we’re getting some rest. Yoongie’s going to get some rest. And Yuri. And Taeyeon.

“Hey.”

I was almost surprised by the call, but of course, I didn’t let it show. It’s weird, right? Vampires weren’t supposed to get surprised. “Hmm?” I hummed as I flashed a smile at the person who’s making my unbeating heart beat faster everyday (I hope I’m making sense here though) “You’re so quiet today.” She better be thankful for my VERY sharp hearing, or else, I would’ve made her repeat what she said. “Am I?” I asked jokingly as I gripped her hand tighter. “Yeah.” I laughed at her. I laughed because her voice cracked.

“Yah!” from the corner of my eyes, I saw Yoongie pout cutely at my direction. “You know my voice isn’t still stable after that... kidnapping thing. Plus! It’s only been three days.” She showed me three of her fingers. “I know.” I giggled. “It’s just... I find it cute. You’re husky voice is so cute.” I said truthfully in a sweet tone. “So it’s rather cute than y?” I almost laughed again because of the slight crack at the end, but I held it in by biting my inner cheek. “You’re not y.” I shook my head at her while a goofy smile was plastered on my face.

“Do you want me to show you my iness then?” Yoongie asked with a wink. I swear if we weren’t in the hallway right now, I would’ve kissed her senseless already. “No thanks.” I waved my free hand in front of her face. “Psh!” she was pouting again. Argh! Why did she have to be this cute?

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait.” I said as I pulled her near me to stop her from walking. We were in front of our classroom now, and Sica unnie, Fany unnie, Yuri, and Taeyeon have already gone inside since they were in front of us earlier. “What is it?” my doe-eyed girlfriend turned to look at me curiously. I looked back at her for a second, then, scanned the surroundings after. And I swear I almost laughed again as Yoona mimicked my doings. She looked back at me after a while. “Hey. If this is nothing then we better g---“

I never let her finish. At times like this, I just don’t. ‘Cause she’s too hard to resist, and I can’t waste any time not taking chances. And so I did. I let go of her hand as I gripped her collar with both hands and dove for her slightly apart lips. I felt her convulsed for a moment, then, she was finally kissing me back. We kissed for a little while, not caring if the school bell’s already ringing. I felt her tongue graze on my upper lip. But even after she could shove her pink muscle inside my mouth, I pulled away (of course, I bit her lower lip before I did) “Ah!” Yoona raised her right hand up to her lips. “Why do you keep doing that?” “The what? The kissing-you-senseless part or the biting-your-lower-lip-habit part?” baby Yoongie glared daggers at me. I giggled and finally let go of her collar. “Let’s go. The bell’s ringing.” I walked away from her and into the room.

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“My lower lip’s bleeding, and it’s all your fault.” Yoona glared at her girlfriend again as she put down the former’s pocket mirror on the table. Seohyun was just giggling at the cute sight. “What? You don’t want what happened earlier?” the young vampire said as she combed her long, now-black hair with her fingers AND in a painfully y (at least for Yoona) way. “Ugh!” Yoona buried her face inside the book she was now holding. “Can you stop being y when we’re in school?! I can’t... ugh!” the doe-eyed girl groaned in ual frustration once more. “Sorry, I can’t help it. Well... not when you’re around.” With that said, Seohyun grabbed Yoona by the necktie, and roughly pulled the latter closer---the tip of their noses touching.

Yoona was widening her eyes as she felt her face (and the place down there) getting hotter and hotter with each passing second. Seohyun grinned at her girlfriend’s reddened features before landing a hot open-mouthed kiss onto Yoona’s unsuspecting mouth.

It was quick. But it was worth the dizziness.

“I’ll be out for a while.” Seohyun winked at her bewildered girlfriend---who still had slightly agape, before standing up. “Let’s go, Soo.” She signalled the taller girl to get up from her lying position on the rug inside the room. She turned back to her girlfriend. “I’ll be back, baby.” She planted a soft, innocent peck on Yoona’s cheek before going together with her guardian.

Yoona didn’t even got the chance to move a single muscle.

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow. Didn’t even thought maknae could be like that.” Yuri said with a chuckle after, as she continued to write down an unfinished essay for their class later. “Like what?” Jessica asked, almost lazily, with her elbow resting beneath the table, and her chin resting on her palm as she watched her girlfriend work. “Oh, you just saw what happened.” “Tss! I thought her that. Just so you know.”  The older of the two stuck out her tongue. Yuri paused on her work and turned to look at her girlfriend. “Really? Then... you think you can do better than that?” Instead of answering the now-smirking girlfriend of hers, Jessica cupped the tanned girl’s cheeks as she inched to the latter closer and closer and closer and...

“Finish your essay first. Then... you’ll know.” Now, Jessica was the one smirking. Yuri just frowned in response. The brunette took a peck on her cheek instead. “Finish it.” With that final statement, Jessica stood up and walked away; towards the stairs that lead unto the second floor of the room.

Yuri just sighed in disappointment.

 

 

 

---

“WHAT??!” Jessica suddenly stopped on her tracks after she had heard what her sister’s girlfriend had to say. Both her own girlfriend and the said girl stopped walking too, but only one turned around to look at her. “Why would she---How could she---WHAT??!” The eldest of the three asked once again, but this time, in a higher pitch of voice. Yoona opened to speak, but nothing came out---‘cause one, is still dry; second... her mind too is clouded with different thoughts.

“Are you sure?”

Yuri was the one who spoke. After listening to Yoona’s revelation, she finally found her voice. "Are you sure?” she repeated, and this time, she faced Yoona. “I mean... Taeyeon wouldn’t---“

“I saw it with my own two eyes.” The doe-eyed girl blink furiously as she tried so hard to prevent her tears from falling. She gulped in the process. “She... she talked to them. She stabbed Sunny unnie, she stabbed Luhan... she stabbed me...” with the last three words, Yoona finally let her tears flow like river from her eyes. She couldn’t believe it; none of them could. It was all surreal. The fact that they’ve known Taeyeon for almost all of their lives, and then, this. “It wasn’t like her.”

No. Not at all.

“It was like... a demon that bore her face.”

 

 

 

“Ugh!” Couldn’t take it anymore, Yuri let herself collapse onto the rusted railroad below her as she clutched her head in pain. Emotional pain. Because between her and Yoona, she was Taeyeon’s closest. “How could she do this to you? To us?” the tanned girl shook her head slowly in disbelief, as her tears stream down her face too. She didn’t know if she could handle any of this anymore. The fact that Donghae---her dearest cousin, betrayed her, and now, her dearest friend also did the same. No. At this rate she ought to be breaking down into pieces.

“Let’s just go home for now.” Yuri calmed down a bit when she felt a cold warmth engulfing her from behind. It was always like this---those times where she felt like breaking down, and then, there was Jessica. Jessica, the girl who had always been there by her side ever since the beginning of their relationship; the girl who assured her that everything’s gonna be alright; that if everything were to fall, at least they still had each other. ‘I’ll never let go.’ Jessica had said to her once, when her parents had divorced just a few months back.

The tanned girl felt a soft peck on her cheeks. And that’s when all her problems and worries dissipate, even just for a while. “Come on.” She heard her girlfriend’s sweet voice call out, then a blood coated hand came into her view after. Yuri smiled a little as she grabbed Jessica’s hand and hauled herself up. She pulled Jessica in for a tight embrace. “Thanks, baby.” Jessica chuckled lightly. “What did I do again, Kwon?” she teased. “Thanks for always being by my side after all that’s happened.” Jessica just smiled.

“Ahem. I’m don’t want to interrupt but---“ “Come here, .” And just like that, Yuri pulled Yoona in so that the three of them were now group hugging.

Silence engulfed the three as they let themselves drown into each other’s embraces. But Jessica had something to say, so she broke the ice... and the hug. “No one can know about this but us.” The brunette shot a look from Yoona to Yuri. “Why?” was Yoona’s question. “I mean, shouldn’t we warn the others?” the doe-eyed girl added. “I know they had to know. But not now. Taeyeon will be expecting it for sure, and we can’t risk that to happen.” Jessica said in a slow pace, so that she could observe the two other girls’ reactions. But to the ice princess’ disappointment, YoonYul only showed blank expressions. Jessica heaved a sigh. “We need to lay low for a while; let Taeyeon think that we’re not suspecting anything from her. Then...”

“Then what?” Yuri anticipated for her girlfriend’s answer.

“Then we go for the kill.”

 

 

 

---

Present Day
HHG University – Science Laboratory

“Hey, you sure you’re alright?” Sooyoung asked for the millionth time after receiving the millionth nod from her angel. Seohyun ruffled her hair in annoyance; she glared at Sooyoung. “I’m alright, alright?” “Alright.” Sooyoung teased while she continued to put the beakers they needed for their next class onto the rack. Seohyun stopped washing the other beakers for a while, and smacked her guardian’s left arm hard. “Stop teasing me!” the younger girl hissed, to which only resulted on Sooyoung pinching her cheek. “You’re so cute when you’re annoyed~” The fallen squealed like the fangirl she is.

“Aish! Sooyoung~!” Seohyun stomped her feet like a kid the same time she shouted slash whined at Sooyoung’s playfulness. The taller of the two pouted right when she finished her ‘beaker business’. Sooyoung turned her whole body to face Seohyun---who was still washing the beakers (well, it looks like it) “Yah. You were so sweet to Yoona earlier, and right now, with me, you’re irritated. It’s unfair, you know?” Sooyoung stated in a dramatic way while clutching her chest as if she was experiencing a heart attack. The vampire rolled her eyes and placed the washed beakers onto the far corner of the table---where all the other laboratory paraphernalia were.

Seohyun was now facing Sooyoung (who still had her hand clutching her chest) “Because Yoona’s my girlfriend, and you... you’re just my best friend.” Sooyoung gasped dramatically. “Ouch! You didn’t have to rub salt unto the wound you know.” She stuck her tongue out; Seohyun reciprocated. “And FYI... you were sweet to me before Yoona came into the picture.” Seohyun grabbed hold of the beaker rack before she spoke once again. “Soo... If I would be sweet to you right now, Yoongie would be jealous.” The younger girl grabbed her backpack on the side and swung it over her shoulders.

“Why? Didn’t it ever crossed your mind that I’m jealous too?” Sooyoung said with a crooked smile. Sooyoung was serious, Seohyun knew that. And it’s at times like this where she couldn’t be more scared---scared that if she moved, or talk, or look at the older girl, she would only end up hurting her more (and she would end up hurting herself). Seohyun gulped and took a deep breath.

“Come on. Class starts at ten. I don’t wanna be late.”

Sooyoung could only chuckle bitterly when Seohyun smiled at her---that same sympathetic smile the former shows when she knows that she had hurt Sooyoung but didn’t wanna talk about it because she didn’t know what to do. “You know, you’re right...” The taller girl had said right when Seohyun was about to set her right foot on the hallway. Sooyoung grabbed her backpack and swung it over her right shoulder. She walked towards the door, where Seohyun was standing at (frozen)

“... no matter what you do... I couldn’t stay mad at you...”

Seohyun could only watch as Sooyoung swiftly grabbed the rack from her hand and walked away without looking back at her.

 

 

 

‘I'm sorry. I’m sorry I had to do this. I’m sorry I had to leave. But I have to do this... so that no one would be hurt anymore.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

JUNG’s Mansion

 

 

 

“Seohyun, sing me a song.” Yoona requested as she continued to drown herself at the beautiful sight of the dark sky above them. “I’m not really a good singer.” Seohyun denied. She IS a good singer; Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon could attest to that. Add In Guk into the list. “Oh please! I’ve heard you sing once. And it was like I’m listening to an angel sing.” Seohyun chuckled at Yoona’s remark. “You’re the third person who ever said that I sounded like an angel.” She was playing with Yoona’s newly cut bangs as the latter was lying her head on her lap. “Third? Who’s the first one?” Yoona fiddled with her fingers as she waited for an answer. “The first one was my mom. She always told me that my voice was as soft as cotton candy, like an angel, and that I should join the children’s choir in our school.” There was a light giggle as Seohyun reminisced the times she had had with her mom in the past. “You miss your mom?” “Of course I do. I miss dad too. I miss Boa unnie.” Although Seohyun whispered the last part, it didn’t became unheard to Yoona’s ears. “Who’s the second?” The doe-eyed girl swiftly changed the topic. She didn’t want to ask even though she badly wanted to, because she can’t let this sweet moment of theirs turn into a sentimental one.

“I think it isn’t necessary to know the second person.”

Yoona looked up at Seohyun; curiosity was written all over her porcelain face. “Why not?” the ‘younger’ girl giggled before answering. “Just because...” “Just because what?” the doe-eyed girl urged her girlfriend to continue, even though she already had a person in mind. “Hyunnie---“

“It’s Sooyoung.”

‘I knew it.’ “If you knew, why did you still asked?” Seohyun pinched Yoona’s nose. ‘Damn! I forgot those telepathic powers...’ Yoona shrugged, and averted her gaze to the sky above. Seohyun could only laugh at her girlfriend’s current state, ‘cause she knows very well that Yoona’s jealous again. “You know, that’s one of the reasons why she calls me ‘angel’.” Yoona swore she almost scoffed at the statement, but she held it in. seriously, she couldn’t be more jealous when it comes to Sooyoung. Sooyoung, the girl who had been with her Seohyun before her; the same girl who has the same feelings with the same person. Though, she really is thankful of the latter for taking care of her girlfriend whenever she’s not around, still, she couldn’t help but get jealous whenever the two immortals were together. “She calls you ‘my girl’ too.” The doe-eyed girl said in almost a whisper as she pouted playfully right after.

Seohyun just let out a cute giggle while combing her girlfriend’s hair with her slim fingers. “Stop being jealous, Yoong.” Yoona’s good at hiding things with a smile; too good, and Seohyun knew that. That’s why she kinda hated whenever she’s together with them---Sooyoung and Yoona, because she loves them both, but at two different degrees. Seohyun suddenly felt Yoona shift her position on her legs. Her girlfriend was looking up at her again with those round beautiful brown orbs she’ll never get tired of getting lost in.

Yoona suddenly sat up, so she and Seohyun were now eye to eye level. The young vampire raised an eyebrow, confused at Yoona’s sudden movement. “I’m not jealous.” “Oh please, Yoong. It’s obv---“

Now it was payback time, Yoona thought. And so she didn’t let the opportunity pass. She grabbed the youngest vampire by the neck and immediately closed the remaining gap between them. Seohyun convulsed for a moment; slightly shocked that Yoona could actually be this aggressive. But as she felt Yoona’s burning passion and desire through the kiss, she finally gave in. Seohyun swore that ever since they got together, this was the first time she had ever felt Yoona so... eager; like there would be no tomorrow. Not that she minds, though. It was just a rare thing. Because on normal occasions, Seohyun was the aggressive one.

“Yoongie, wait.” Seohyun mumbled and broke their heated kiss. Yoona pouted as she stared at her girlfriend’s beautiful golden orbs. “You didn’t like my kiss?” The addressed girl giggled cutely (well, at least in Yoona’s ears) “Of course I liked it. It’s just that... why did you suddenly got so aggressive?” The doe-eyed girl backed away a little, but kept her loving gaze towards her lover. “I... don’t... I guess I just don’t like it much when you blabber about Sooyoung...” Yoona was pouting again while she played with her fingers.

‘Cute’ was the only word that crossed Seohyun’s mind at the moment. A sweet smile spread across pink lips as Seohyun held her girlfriend’s hands in hers. “You know, Sooyoung’s my best friend, and it will always remain that way.” She didn’t know why but she felt a slight tug in her heart at the last statement. Yoona looked back up at Seohyun. She smiled too. “I know. But you’ve been together for about a hundred years. You can’t really blame me for being jealous sometimes.” Now, Yoona was playing with Seohyun’s slender, pianist fingers. ‘Because I know that during those years... you’ve definitely felt something for Sooyoung. Even if it’s just a little’ Seohyun could read her mind, Yoona knew that; she knew that very well.

Seohyun heaved a sigh. “Yoona...” “Did you?” Yoona asked. Well, it’s not like she was doubting the other girl’s love, she was just curious. Seohyun loves her, she also knows that very well. “I did. But it was just a one-time thing. Because I would always only see her as a friend. And that we could only be like that---friends.” Yoona chuckled lightly. “Sorry If I was somewhat... possessive.” The ‘older’ of the two shook her head. “No. It’s alright. It’s normal to feel that way. If it was your case, I would also feel jealous.” The doe-eyed girl just smiled.

And the next thing that Seohyun felt was a pair of warm lips laminating softly on her forehead. She closed her eyes to feel the warm sensation happening right now. “I love you.” Yoona said as soon as she pulled away. Seohyun almost laughed; not because she found it funny, but because of the butterflies (that now seemed more like a bunch of jet planes firing at each other) in her stomach. The young vampire fought greatly the urge of widening the smile on her lips. “I love you too.”

And just when the two lovers by the backyard were about to kiss once again...

 

 

 

“Ahem.”

Both Yoona and Seohyun sprang away from each other, as if getting caught of doing something illegal. Seohyun glared at the person who just interrupted their lovey-dovey moments. “What?” Hyoyeon teased. “You just had to come in and interrupt?” Joohyun spat back. She wasn’t really ‘patient’ about Hyoyeon’s chodingness especially at times like this. “What do you want??” Seohyun growled. She was losing it. REALLY losing it. Yoona just chuckled at her girlfriend’s impatience. Hyoyeon just smiled---that kind of I-wanna-tease-you-more smile.

“Dinner’s ready.” and with that, the blonde ran away in rapid speed. “YOU!” Seohyun stood on her feet and was gone even before Yoona could get up on her own two feet. “Wow.” Was all the word she could utter as she walked back inside the mansion.

 

 

 

 

 

---

HHG University
Room N-458

 

 

 

Jessica sighed as she continued to watch their Science professor as the latter wrote and drew (and did many other things you do) on a white board right before them. She tapped her desk with her forefinger repeatedly as she sighed once again. ‘This is getting boring’ she thought. Well, it is, and not just for her, for all of them who have been going through all these sh*ts for God knows how long. The brunette yawned in half-sleepy, half-boredom manner.

Jessica felt a light tap on her shoulder. She leaned back on her chair, and threw her head back enough for the person sitting behind her to see her face. “What?” she asked. Tiffany cleared her sister’s face from loose hair strands. “You’ve been sighing ever since class started. Something wrong?” for a moment there, the brunette almost considered telling her sister about her girlfriend’s hidden agenda. But of course, Jessica knew better. “Just bored.” Jessica composed herself. “You know, we’ve been studying Chem ever since forever.” Tiffany almost laughed. The younger of the two poked the other with a pen. “That’s what I’ve been telling you. We need to stop this nonsense. We’re too intelligent already.” “Don’t worry, we’ll be graduating soon.”

Jessica giggled with her sister until she caught Yuri’s gaze from the front row. Then, she remembered the whole ‘Taeyeon situation’. They both knew they needed to tell the others before everything gets worse; before Taeyeon could get a chance to actually do something to all of them (again)

Yuri tore her gaze from her girlfriend as Taeyeon was poking her arm repeatedly.

The brunette sighed once again. Why is this even happening to them? She couldn’t help but think that ever since Yuri, Taeyeon, and Yoona came into their lives, their underworld was shaken up once again; not that she was blaming the three, but... (oh you get it, right?) Because this was bound to happen, it was just a matter of time.

And so, Jessica finally made up her mind.

“Fany.” The brunette called. “Hmm?” Tiffany looked up from her notebook. “We need to talk.” At times like this, Miyoung often gets scared---by her sister’s tone of voice, and by the phrase itself.

Tiffany gulped in nervousness. She didn’t even know why she was nervous at all.

 

 

 

---

“Hey.”

“Hmm?”

Sunny flopped herself on the couch, next to Tiffany---who still had her blank expression on, and was STILL flipping through the channels like nothing’s ever good on televisions these days. “You’ve been changing the channel for about an hour and a half already. What’s wrong with you?” the older of the two voiced out. As if on cue, Tiffany finally stopped on a local channel---SBS. The replay of ‘The Heirs’ was on, and at times like this, Tiffany should’ve been bragging about how Lee Min Ho is so perfect and blah blah blah. But today the vampire just stared at the tv screen like nothing was going on inside it.

Sunny examined the younger girl’s face. It wasn’t normal that Tiffany was THIS calm (TOO calm). “You alright?” Sunny asked carefully. Tiffany answered almost immediately. “I’m fine.” An inaudible sigh came after. “No, you’re not.” it was at this time that Tiffany finally turned her head towards her best friend’s direction. “Sunny...” “I know when you’re fine and when you’re not. I know something’s definitely up, so you better tell me right now.” The older of the two insisted. She knew right from the start; right when they have come back from the warehouse; that everything wasn’t fine, that something had gone wrong, and she and Tiffany knew it but didn’t ever talked about it. “Miyoung.” Okay. Sunny was serious now, Tiffany thought. The younger girl heaved a sigh before speaking. “It’s just that... don’t you think it’s a little weird that... they’ve let us out so easily?” Tiffany turned her attention back on the television. “I think it is. But I don’t know why it’s so.” Sunny leaned back on the sofa and diverted her gaze on the tv as well.

“Something’s not right.” Tiffany mumbled. She started massaging her temple like what she was thinking was really stressing her out. Well... truthfully it IS stressing her out.

“Have you talked to the others about this?” Sunny asked as she sat up straight and looked at Tiffany’s troubled expression once again. She saw Miyoung shake her head lightly. “Well, shouldn’t we? Right now?” the latter suggested.

Silence engulfed the two as Tiffany contemplated for a while. Then, a little later, Sunny finally saw the other girl’s signal, and they both stood up on their feet.

 

 

 

---

“Do you really have to go?” Jessica crossed her arms as she watched her sister throw things inside her handbag and her suitcase. “Uhh... yes?” The younger girl answered while packing her stuff. “Does it have to be you? Can’t it be me? Or In Guk? Or the four of us?” Jessica was worried---no, paranoid, to be exact, when Joohyun came to her and asked for her permission to go to Winchester to meet with vampire locals there, because apparently they have known about what Tiffany had done, and requested for the latter to come, or even just a representative from the family. “Does it really have to be you? I mean, the older ones should’ve come.” Jessica insisted when Seohyun didn’t answer her question earlier. Seohyun straightened up after she had secured her suitcase. “I told you, they requested for me, so...”

“You know, I shouldn’t have declined If I knew they would be requesting for you instead.” And now, Tiffany was leaning against Seohyun’s body-length bedroom windows. “You know sis, unpack. I’m going.” “Unnie, nothing’s going to change their and my decision, and that everything’s final so... zip it, you two.” Seohyun directed the last sentence towards her sisters. “Bring Sooyoung with you.” The youngest of the three heaved a sigh. “Unnie, you know they don’t welcome other races there. Soo’s only going to be in trouble.” And with one last object (which was her tablet) she finally closed her handbag and sat at the edge of her queen-sized bed. The eldest Jung shrugged her shoulders as she fully lied down on her sister’s comfy bed. She put her arms behind her head. “Come on! You’re Jung Joohyun, Sooyoung’s your best friend; they’d have no choice but to welcome her.” Tiffany just nodded in agreement. “Sooyeo---Jessi’s right. A-At least with Sooyoung there, w-we know you’d be safe.” The eyesmile queen had some difficulty speaking as Jessica was sending daggers at her for trying calling her ‘Sooyeon’. “Unnies, I’m a vampire. What could possibly go wrong?” Seohyun reasoned.

“Yeah... we’re vampires. And we had had nothing but troubles this year.” Sooyeon countered, and the other two knew she was right. That ever since the year kicked off, everything was nothing but a pain-in-the-.

“Alright, I get it. You two didn’t have to be so paranoid.” “We’re not being paranoid. We’re just worried.” Tiffany said. Ever since the whole ‘Taeyeon’s missing’ case and the ‘Jessica kidnapping’ case, she couldn’t help and be paranoid worried about their youngest sister. The ‘what ifs’ were starting to cloud her mind.

“Did you tell Yoona about this?” Jessica spoke again after a great silence. Seohyun smiled at her sister, and nodded. “Yeah. She wanted to come. But of course... I said no.” the maknae almost laughed when she remembered how Yoona tried so hard on making her say yes.

 

 

 

Flashback

Yoona quickly rounded the kitchen counter as soon as it came out from Seohyun’s mouth. “WHAT?? WHY??” she held her girlfriend by the shoulders, and was gradually shaking the former. Seohyun was biting her inner cheek to prevent herself from laughing at her girlfriend’s face. “Because I have to?” THAT answer made Yoona frustrated. The doe-eyed girl groaned, because she knew Seohyun was making fun of her again. “Stop playing with me~!” Yoona whined. “What? I’m not playing with you.” Joohyun carefully removed Yoona’s grip on her shoulders. “I REALLY have to go there.” the young vampire said in a less playful tone so Yoona would finally stop being so cute; constantly whining.

“Can I come, then?”

“No.” was Seohyun’s stern answer as she started walking away from her mundane girlfriend. But of course, as impossible as it seemed, Yoona was fast enough to grab Seohyun’s wrist and spin her around to face her again. “Please?” and that was the time where Yoona finally decided that her puppy eyes (that Seohyun couldn’t resist) would do the trick. Joohyun let out a light giggle. The latter pinched the bridge of her girlfriend’s nose. “You’re so cute! But no.” Seohyun turned around and tried to walk away again. But Yoona caught Seohyun’s wrist again and spun the latter around one more time. And this time, Yoona went down on her knees and hugged Seohyun’s waist. “Joohyun!” The doe-eyed girl cried out dramatically. Seohyun rolled her eyes. “Yoong, stop overreacting. I’ll only be gone in just a... few weeks. I’ll be back.” She tried to remove Yoona’s hold on her waist, but to no avail, Yoona stayed still.

Yoona huffed in the air. “But like what Selena Gomez had said... ‘A day without you is like a year without RAIIIIIINNNNNN~~” and just like that, Yoona sang shamelessly; her voice almost ringing throughout the whole mansion. Seohyun covered with both of her hands as to not let out her embarrassing laughter. She found it funny, yes. But at the same time, she finds the gesture sweet.

“Yoong... Yoongie... look at me...” Joohyun searched for Yoona’s face and held both of the other girl’s cheeks with both hands. “I’ll only be away just for a couple of days. It’s not like I would find your replacement in just a span of three weeks. I need three months to do that.” she joked, and Yoona glared at her. “Yah! Don’t even think about it.” With that, Yoona finally stood up from her position; dusting off her clothes in the process. The doe-eyed girl had a pout on her lips. Seohyun chuckled. “It’s not like I’ll be gone forever I’ll be back before you even know it.” Seohyun brought her left hand to caress Yoona’s right ear lovingly.

“I love you. Always remember that.”

Yoona reciprocated the sweet smile plastered on Seohyun’s features. “Of course I will. I love you too.”

The older of the two finally pulled the other into a tight embrace. Seohyun’s smile slowly dropped as she let crystal-like tears stream down her face one by one. If Yoona only knew how much she hated goodbyes, she doubts that Yoona would ever let her go; and that she would ever let go. She hugged her lover a little more tight, and she cried a little more harder. Like it was the last time she’ll be hugging Yoona like this, like it’s the last time she would ever see Yoona, like it would be the last time she’ll ever get to say those three words and eight letters.

 

 

 

 

 

Like this was the last time she’d say goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘I love you, Yoona. FOREVER.’

 

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Present Day
HHG University - Secret Room

Tiffany closed the door behind her, and locked it securely; making sure no one else were to enter, as what Jessica instructed her. “So... what was it you wanna tell me?” she asked carefully as she slowly walked towards the rest of the group. One could really tell how nervous she was at this situation---her hands were shaking, her body tensed, and her eyes scanned everybody’s faces. “Come on, spill it! Stop making me nervous!”

Jessica just rolled her eyes at her sister’s impatience. “God, Tiff, you’re so impatient!” she scowled. “There’s something you need to KNOW about your precious girlfriend.” The brunette added; not forgetting to emphasize the word ‘know’, because lately, Taeyeon have had a LOT of deadly secrets up her sleeves that she didn’t know if they could trust her ever again after all of this.

Just by hearing the word ‘girlfriend’, Tiffany’s mood immediately changed from nervous to irritated. “Aish! What is it now, Jess?? Can you at least stop meddling with Taeyeon’s life for once??” the younger girl almost yelled. Well, not that she was really mad at her sister for involving Taeyeon once again in whatever it is that was happening, but because she had had enough of Taeyeon’s secretive persona and wouldn’t take anything new. She was having mixed feelings right now.

“ I’m  not meddling with Taeyeon’s life, like I even care about that little demon, it’s just that you need to know it because it concerns you! It concerns all of us!” without the other’s even realizing it, Jessica was now standing right in front of Tiffany. “You don’t have any idea what she really is. That’s why I’m telling you right now.” Sooyeon wore a calm expression; too calm that it’s scary now. “She’s one of the reasons why this mess started getting worse.” Tiffany had slightly agape. She was stuck between shocked and confused and wanting to say something but couldn’t.

 

 

 

“She tried to kill me, unnie.” It was Yoona who spoke this time. “You... probably saw a trail of blood just outside the mansion... three days ago...” the doe-eyed girl gulped and took a deep breath; all eyes were on her now. “It was mine. Taeyeon unnie...” Yoona kept her eyes away from Seohyun, as the latter’s features were starting to darken with every word that she lets go. “... she stabbed me, a-and dragged me outside; into a v-van. And then... that's when I out.”

Silence filled the atmosphere of every single body inside the room. Everyone remained frozen on their spots. But that’s only until Seohyun lost control, and started heading for the wooden door. Fortunately, Jessica was fast enough to get a hold of her sister before the latter could even manage to get out of that door and only God knows where Taeyeon would be lying after it.

“Joohyun, don’t.” The older brunette calmly stated. “That b*tch tried to kill my girlfriend, what do you expect me to do?!” Seohyun managed to spat back through gritted teeth while trying to get out of her sister’s deadly grip on her shoulder. To add on her restraints, Sooyoung was now holding Seohyun by the waist. “I know how you feel, but calm down.” Once again, Jessica ordered; and like a flick of a finger, Seohyun started to calm down.

“Listen. We need to---Fany, where are you going?” Just when Jessica finally let go of her younger sister, Tiffany (her other younger sister) started walking away. “Miyoung!” Jessica called out again, but Tiffany didn’t even bother to look back. Jessica was about to follow their eyesmile queen, but a hand stopped her from doing so. “Sica, I got this.” And with that, the vampire nodded, and watched as Sunny followed Tiffany outside the secret room.

 

 

 

Well, at least Tiffany knows how to be calm.

At least in front of Taeyeon.

---

NOTE: This was a bit rushed, I know. I'll make it up on the next chap x))

Anw... THANKS to my precious Subbies, Readers (silent or not I still love everyone ;)) and those bright comments you always type below teehee! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! MWAH!! <3 <3 <3

Oh and, who watched (or streamed) the #GGTOKYODOME last night? Raise your feet! Hahaha it was awesome, right? (It would've been more awesome if JJ was there, I know) but STILL! GG is still ALIVE, and of course, we SONEs are still ALIVE and kicking! So let's continue to support the N9NE, ayt? Once a SONE, FOREVER a SONE <3

So... til mah next update, gheis! *wink*