Donghae

The Unwanted

Hi guys~! Author-nim is here again :D

This is a double update again, just to let you guys know :))

Enjoy~

///

KIM’s RESIDENCE
That same day...

Two figures who had their bodies slumped on the sofa, sighed and just stared blankly at the flat screen tv in front. It’s been days, and still no contact nor news about their friend’s whereabouts. They were so close to calling Mr. and Mrs. Kim now. None of them haven’t called them yet because neither of them didn’t know where to start this whole story of ‘Finding Taeyeon’.

“Unnie... I think it’s time we call uncle and auntie.” Yoona suggested lifelessly as she continued to stare at the tv. It was on the ‘Star Movies’ channel and ‘Twilight’ was on. On normal situations, Yoona would most probably be squealing on her seat right now, while jumping up and down whenever Edward or Jacob would pop out from the screen. But today... everything just doesn’t feel the same. I mean, your friend have been lost for God knows how many days now, how would you even react to that?

“Do you think?” Yuri closed her eyes momentarily. She was getting all tired and weary from all of this. Well... Yoona and Tiffany  was also feeling that way actually.

Before Yoona could even respond to her unnie, the doorbell suddenly rang.

Seeing Yuri’s state, Yoona decided to be the one to open the door instead. “I’ll get it.” She said as she lazily stood up and went to the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What---“

“Yoona! I missed you!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

Jessica’s POV

No. Please, God, no. Tell me what I was thinking wasn’t right. Tell me that this was all just a dream, a nightmare. Please... somebody wake me up. Please! There’s no ing way that stupid b*stard is related to any of them! NO! He’s NOT related to Yuri! NO! Because if it was the case, why didn’t I found out? Why didn’t any of us knew then? Why? It can’t be true, right? It can’t be! Give me anything but that! I mean, come on! Of all people in this universe, why him?? Why my Yuri?? GOD DAMMIT! Why??

 

 

 

I stopped somewhere. I don’t know where. But I wanted to just stop for a moment. I wanted to calm myself down. Why was I even reacting this way? You might think I’m crazy... I know you would. That I was just overreacting... but hell! Could you blame me? It was Donghae and Yuri we’re talking about here. I mean, how would you feel if the person you love was related to the person you despise? Wouldn’t you be mad? Wouldn’t you be confused?

Vampires don’t really breathe anymore. Our hearts don’t beat anymore. Our internal organs doesn’t function anymore. But I feel like I can’t breathe... like I might die anytime soon due to lack of air... if it was only possible. What have we done wrong to deserve this mess? What??

 

 

 

My feet finally gave up... tss! As if we get tired...

I cried. Again. I cried so hard. So hard that I couldn’t even feel anything now. I couldn’t feel the rain pouring down on my skin, damping my clothes and my body wet. I just cried. I cried and cried until there was nothing left to cry for... I cried until I felt a sort of warm pressure on my shoulder and on my back. A pair of arms are circled around my waist. I know who it is... but nonetheless... I still cried my heart out. It’s just too much for me.

 

 

 

“Let it out. I’m here.”

I still cried though. But I asked her. “Hyo... am I overreacting?” no one would really get to understand what I just said. Because first, it was raining cats and dogs now, second, I was crying, so it came out as a muffled sentence. Luckily, it was Hyoyeon whom I’m talking to, so I didn’t really have to speak loud.

I suddenly felt her breath on my neck. I supposed she sighed at my question.

“If I say yes, would stop crying?”

No. I wouldn’t. No matter how much you choose to be your choding self and tease me right now... I don’t think I would be able to stop. I just won’t. It’s just a small thing to start with, but it hurts... so much.

“Why does it hurt so much?”

I’m not really expecting an answer.

 

 

 

“Because...” I felt her arms tighten around my waist. “... you love her.” The next thing I felt was her lips lightly brushing against my right ear as she spoke. “And because you love her, you’re thinking about the possibilities that a day might come and she might choose her family over you.”

It hurts. It’s true, and it hurts. What if that day comes? How would I feel? How would I react? She’s a human, and I’m a vampire. No matter how they say that love is the most powerful thing in the world, it still wouldn’t change the fact that the distance between Yuri’s world and mine are like heaven and hell.

She’s in heaven, I’m in hell.

 

 

 

I felt Hyoyeon slowly let go of me. The warmth that was there earlier was gone now. I slowly lifted my head to only witness her crouching in front of me so that we’re of the same level. She lifted her right hand to place it in my left cheek. She caressed my cheek lovingly with her thumb.

“I always hate it when you cry.” She murmured. It’s a rare sight. Hyoyeon being as soft as the clouds as she is right now. The last time she was like this was when we were in Venice. I got mad at her then, because she was teasing me with some Italian guy whom I just met. I didn’t talk to her for three days, and the next thing I knew she was saying “Sorry” on the fourth day. Not the ordinary sorry. But the kind where you had a misunderstanding with your boyfriend, and the next day he would be standing in front of your house with a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolate as a peace offering, and he would say sorry until you finally forgive him, and he would give you endless kisses. Yeah... like that... well, except for the rose part... and the kissing part.

 

 

 

I just sat there as I stare at her. She really knows how to make me feel better. Because for a moment there, I totally forgot what was the reason I’m crying.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For always being here for me.”

She scoffed at me playfully. “As if I’d stop being here for you.” She stood up now. Tss! I knew her well enough that she wasn’t used to this kind of situations. She always wanted to look cool in front of everyone.

She reached out her hand for me to grab hold of. I complied, and she pulled me up on my feet.

The rain finally started to die down.

 

 

 

“Do you still want to go?”

I thought for a brief moment if I should. What if Donghae’s there right now? But then... “Seohyun...” I muttered.

We looked at each other for a moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I have to protect my sister.”

And we ran off.

 

 

 

 

 

///

Author’s POV
KIM’s RESIDENCE

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“O-Oppa??”

Donghae smiled sweetly to the doe-eyed girl and threw his arms around her. “I missed you, kiddo!” he ruffled the younger’s hair as soon as he pulled away from the hug. Yes. A part of him did missed her and his cousin, but that wasn’t really the reason why he’s here today.

Yoona couldn’t utter a single word. She didn’t know how to react upon seeing Donghae. After what Seohyun told her, it was now difficult to look at the older guy the same way. Things weren’t just as the same as before. “W-What are you doing here, oppa?” she didn’t wanna sound stupid in front of Donghae, so she tried to compose herself. Her heart was now beating fast.

But even before Donghae could say anything, another girl came approaching towards the door. “Hae?”

It was Yuri.

Donghae’s smile widened as soon as he saw his cousin. “Yul! Missed me?” he hugged the tanned girl quick, like what friends do.

“Whatever. What brings you here?”

Donghae just shrugged. “Nothing. Just passing by.”

“Yeah, sure, you’re doing that. Come in.” Yuri turned to leave for the kitchen. Donghae complied and followed the tanned girl inside.

Yoona was left there... standing... still holding the door... her whole body frozen.

 

 

 

 

 

‘What if Seobaby suddenly shows up? What should I do?? !’

She closed the door with a loud bang and hurriedly grabbed her phone on the coffee table in the living room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To: Hyunnie

Baby, we’re not in the apartment, so don’t come, okay? We’ll be back later. Love you~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

///

YulHae

“So, what’s up?” Yuri asked as she opened up the refrigerator, hoping to find something for the fish to eat. She still hadn’t asked the maid to buy groceries, so their stock of foods were now ‘endangered’. She closed the refrigerator and tried to find something on the shelf. She finally got a canned tuna after a while. She opened it and handed it to her cousin, to which the former accepted right away.

“Nothing. Just wanna visit my cousin.” He took a fork from the cabinet and poured the tuna on a soup bowl. “By the way...” he looked at the living room’s direction, only to find Yoona lying on the couch, texting. “Where’s Taeyeon?”

By the very moment Donghae mentioned that name, Yuri froze on her spot. It suddenly came up to her that she hadn’t told Donghae about it yet. Why hadn’t she anyways? “Hae...” she turned to fully face her cousin.

“Hmm?” Donghae hummed in response as he was eating the tuna like he hadn’t eaten in days.

“Taeyeon... Taeyeon’s missing.”

Donghae suddenly choked on what he was eating. “What??” he was a great actor and he knew it very well. He needed to put up an act so that the plan would flow smoothly. “What do you mean... missing?” he paused his doings as he looked at Yuri as clueless as possible it may seem.

Knowing absolutely NOTHING about what’s going on in Donghae’s head, she lowered her head in shame, thinking that she should’ve told her cousin because after all, he’s close with her and Yoona. “I don’t... know. One night she and her cousin Luhan seemed to have a misunderstanding, and the next day, she was gone. As in, completely gone. We can’t trace her. Her relatives don’t even know where she is either.” Yuri sighed.

Donghae was fighting the urge to let his wide smirk spread across his face. He can’t afford to let Yuri find out what he was doing. That he actually has Taeyeon in his side right now, and it was their plan not to let anyone trace the girl.

 

 

 

Even before one of the two could speak again, the doorbell rang, and they all turned their attentions to the doorway.

“Do you have someone coming?”

“No...” Yuri immediately went to see who was on the door. Yoona also went.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“S-Seohyun?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae didn’t exactly know why but as soon as he saw who was on the other side of the door, he took a step back, and was ready to retreat from the back door.

But it was too late.

 

 

 

 

 

///

Moments Earlier
SooSeo

They decided to slow down. Well... at least Seohyun did, and Sooyoung was just following her silently from behind.

Seohyun didn’t even why was she doing this. Was she ready? What if she meet Donghae there? What would she do? Get mad at him? Threw him out of the house? Slap him? Hug him? Wait. Why would she hug him? If Donghae was there, she would most probably kick his a**, she convinced herself.

Suddenly, she halted her steps, and so as Sooyoung.

“You okay?”

Came a calming voice right after.

“Sooyoung, what would you do if you’re going to meet the person you once loved, but despise now after so many years?”

Sooyoung finally knew what was bothering the latter. She too didn’t know how would she react if she was in Seohyun’s shoes. Just thinking about it gives her headaches and shivers. What would she do? Is this supposed to be like the ones in tv shows or in movies? Where the girl will get mad at the boy for leaving her, and she would prove to him that she CAN live without him by being in some relationship, but in the end, the girl still loves the boy, and the girl will say “No matter how hard I try to forget you, it’s still you whom I love” and then they will get back together, and the boy who was in the ‘fake’ relationship with the girl will just end up getting broken hearted? ‘Ugh... too much drama’ Sooyoung thought.

No. This was a different. There was NO WAY Seohyun would even think of getting back with that a**hole, she hated him to the core. But then, why does it seemed like Seohyun’s getting nervous about meeting Donghae again? Does Seohyun still have feelings for him? No. She would rather have Yoona with Seohyun than Donghae. She preferred YoonHyun than SeoHae. And besides, even though the truth hurts, she knows Seohyun loves Yoona so much to even think about it.

 

 

 

“Yah... you didn’t answer my question.”

Because of her thoughts being clouded up inside her brain, she didn’t notice the younger girl was now in front of her. “Huh?” she wanted to play hard to get.

LOL.

Seohyun rolled her eyes. “Aish! You’re not listening!” the latter was about to turn around to continue walking, but a hand gripping on her arm stopped her from doing so. Then, the next thing she knew, Sooyoung was now enveloping her in a tight embrace.

 

 

 

“No matter how much it hurts me that it’s not me you gave your heart to... don’t ever fall in love again with HIM... don’t you dare stop loving Yoona. Because at least with Yoona... I know you’ll be safe even if I’m not there by your side. Because I know Yoona loves you as much as I do and she won’t ever let anything happen to you... she would never hurt you...”

Seohyun nodded as she hugged Sooyoung tightly. “Silly. Of course I won’t love him again. I’m not stupid and crazy enough to have the same mistake.” After so many years of being together, this is the first time she felt Sooyoung’s deep love for her. Yeah, sure, Sooyoung’s often clingy with her, but the taller girl would always until she reach her breaking point. That was Sooyoung’s personality, she wasn’t really a showy person, she’s a prankster like Yoona, and it was her nature.

Seohyun felt pitiful, yet, grateful at the same time. Because even though she doesn’t love Sooyoung as much as she loves Yoona, the shikshin was still there for her, with her, and never did stop loving her.

“Thank you.”

“Yeah, sure. Let’s stop this. It’s awkward for me.” Sooyoung hesitantly let go of Seohyun.

“Yeah, yeah, I get it.” Seohyun chuckled before walking ahead.

 

 

 

Sooyoung just had a wide grin plastered on her face as she follow Seohyun. For the first time in her life as an angel, she felt contented.

 

 

 

///

KIM’s RESIDENCE
Present Time

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“S-Seohyun?”

The addressed girl was about to greet the two girls in front of her, until she saw their special guest for today. She stood there unwavering, left hanging slightly open as she stare intensely at the so-called guest who was just standing there unmoved as she was right now. She suddenly felt like backing out. Was she afraid? No. She told herself. Then, what’s stopping her from stepping inside the house?

Seohyun then, felt a hand on her shoulder.

It was Sooyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

“Seohyun?” Yuri’s voice broke the tensed atmosphere within the residence. She finally followed Seohyun’s gaze. She furrowed her eyebrows, utterly confused at the situation. “Do... Do you and Donghae know each other?” she raised her eyebrows at her cousin, demanding for an answer. But it seemed like the older guy was spell casted and became a statue all of a sudden. She just made Seohyun answer instead. “Hyun...”

Seohyun smiled. A crooked smile. “Oh... we do.”

The atmosphere became tensed again with Seohyun’s response... well... at least for both Donghae and Seohyun that is. Donghae couldn’t even look at Seohyun, afraid that the moment he does, he’ll come back to his vulnerable self. He didn’t exactly know why, but every time he looks at those beautiful brown orbs, he loses himself.

On the other hand, Yoona, who was standing across the tanned girl, was gripping on the door tightly, her knuckles turning white as she did so. She had her head lowered like a child being scolded for breaking an antique ceramic figurine or something. She doesn’t have the guts to look at all of them right now... right now that Seohyun finally met her ex-lover again.

 

 

 

Yuri cleared . “Oh... really? Why didn’t I know?” why didn’t she? I mean, they were cousins. CLOSE cousins. “Yah! Why haven’t I known Seohyun before?” she turned to Donghae as she said so. She cursed after receiving no response from the other party.

 

 

 

After finally contemplating whether to step in or not, Seohyun finally decided to let her feet work its ways. “I didn’t know you were cousins either.” She said to Yuri before stepping inside the huge house. She was now taking steps one by one towards Donghae. “You didn’t tell me you were coming back.” She was now speaking to Donghae, who still remained silent and unmoved on his place. “Why didn’t you call me? Text me? I should’ve prepared for your comeback.” Just one more step and she’ll be face to face with Donghae. “Am I really NOTHING to you now?” she emphasized the word ‘nothing’, as if provoking the latter.

 

 

 

Both Yuri and Yoona watched as Seohyun got closer to Donghae.

Yoona felt uneasy with the situation, whilst Yuri was confused and curious as hell.

‘What was their relationship anyways?’

The tanned girl thought.

And then Sooyoung... oh, Sooyoung also stood there on the other side, not bothering to step into the house. She was also watching the scene they were all witnessing now. Whatever it was that’s running in Seohyun’s mind right now, she didn’t want to interfere. But she didn’t took her gaze off from the both of them. She couldn’t just risk to take her eyes off the younger even for just a second, could she? She was ready... ready to lunge at Donghae anytime if he does something grievous to Seohyun. She won’t let anything happen to Seohyun again.

 

 

 

“So, Jason, what brings you here?” Seohyun was now standing face to face with her ex. They could both literally feel each other’s breath. “Missed me?” she smirked.

Her eyes weren’t brown anymore. They were already of a golden color.

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae finally collected all the courage he has left and lifted his head up to look at the girl right in front of him. The same girl he loved once, the same girl he once dreamt of being with together forever, and the same girl he hated for so long now only because of an unexplainable reason.

 

 

 

As much as it surprised Donghae himself, his next actions weren’t really what they expected to be, especially Seohyun. Heck! What the brunette was expecting is oh-so far from THAT.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Long time no see...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

... Jen...”

 

 

 

Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung and of course, Seohyun were all holding their breaths the very moment the only guy in the room threw himself at the younger girl.

Donghae was hugging Seohyun indeed.

 

 

 

Seohyun didn’t know what to do. Would she supposed to push her ex away from her? Should she slap him? Should she kick his crotch right now? Well... she did felt like pushing him away and punching him in the face and kicking his crotch all at once, but her mind wasn’t functioning well. She wasn’t hugging the guy back, she had both her arms hanging lifelessly on the sides. But still, she can’t seem to order it to push the culprit away. Why?’ Was the only question ringing inside their heads at this moment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Joohyun!”

They all turned their heads to see who interrupted the ‘moment’... well... except for the two figures hugging near the kitchen. It even seemed like they heard nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

Sica?”

Ok. Now Yuri was SO confused like sh*t right now? What were the sisters doing here anyways? It’s not like she didn’t want them here. Just to let everyone know, she misses her lover and was going to call her earlier to come over if not for her cousin’s arrival.

Jessica ignored the tanned girl’s voice as soon as she saw the two familiar figures immersed in a tight embrace right before her very eyes. She gritted her teeth. ‘How dare he lay his filthy hands on my sister?!?’ she was about to run straight to the two and give the fish a piece of her fury and fist, but a hand gripping on her arm stopped her from doing so.

“Sica, you don’t wanna do that right now, trust me.” Sooyoung hastily pulled Jessica back.

Jessica tried to free her arm from the tall girl’s grip. “But Soo---“

Sooyoung glanced at Yuri with her eyes as if hinting the older girl something.

Of course, Jessica wasn’t stupid to not catch up. She gradually realized that Yuri and Yoona was there. Then, what her maknae had told her in the mansion started ringing in her head again.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Donghae is Yuri’s cousin.’

Seeing Jessica’s change in expression, Sooyoung reluctantly let go of the older girl’s arm.

Jessica carefully and almost hesitantly turned to look at her girlfriend. “How long has he been here?” she constructed every word she said, afraid that she might blurt out something that could offend the tanned girl.

Upon hearing the question, Yuri’s eyes widened a bit. “Wait. You know him too?” just how could Donghae know the Jungs without her knowing also. I mean, she knew every single person Donghae mingled with. Why did he kept this from her.

‘Wait. Does he know their identity too?’

“W-Wait. How did you know him?”

Jessica was about to answer until someone beat her to it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Donghae oppa's Hyunnie’s ex-boyfriend.”

 

 

 

All of them now turned their attention to the doe-eyed girl holding the door, with their shocked faces. Everything became a blur right now. All the suspense was coming in full package.

 

 

 

///

Taeyeon

 

 

 

“Tae, do you feel better now?” eldest of all of them spoke. Concern was all that could be heard from the former.

Taeyeon groaned and massaged her temples as she lied still on the floor. She was still feeling dizzy after their ‘activity’ earlier. She opened her eyes, still with a blurry vision. “I’m fine, unnie. I’m just a little dizzy... and my vision’s a little blurry...  Is this normal?” she turned her head to look at the eldest who was crouching on the side.

“Yes. It’s normal. All of us here also felt that way the first time we did the ritual. You’ll be fine, trust me.” The latter smiled lovingly and caressed Taeyeon’s cheeks with the back of her hand. “Happy Birthday!” she spread her arms wide as she greeted the younger girl.

The next thing that happened was that the others were now singing Taeyeon a happy birthday song.

Taeyeon let out a weak smile as she tried to see everyone one by one. After all the turning of events, she totally forgot that it was her birthday today. She felt flattered by the greeting, though, it still feels different. Who wouldn’t, right? I mean, she always celebrated with her family ever since she was born, that includes Yoona and Yuri since they were all together  since kindergarten. And now, celebrating with the people she just met a few days ago just felt completely... different. She was supposed to be happy right now, but something made her frown. She just turned twenty one... that means...

 

 

 

‘That’s the age when us werewolves have our abilities passed unto us on full force.’

She suddenly remembered what Luhan said.

She sat up straight. “Ah!” Taeyeon held her head as it throbbed mercilessly.

All of the people surrounding her immediately rushed to her side.

“Guys! Don’t crowd around her.” The eldest instructed as she gently shoved her siblings from Taeyeon. She cupped the younger girl’s cheeks and made her look into her eyes. “Hey, take it easy, you’re still not stable.”

Taeyeon shook her head as she slowly removed the other girl’s hands from her cheeks. “Boa unnie... I think I need to be alone.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

Taeyeon took a deep breath before answering. Since she was already part of their ‘family’ she shouldn’t hesitate now, right? Right... she thought. “Today... Today’s March 9.”

“Yeah... and it’s your birthday and...” Min paused on her sentence as she finally realized that today was the day Taeyeon would finally be able to ‘change’ as what Donghae told them. “Oh...” was all she could say.

“I see.” Boa patted Taeyeon’s back as she stood. “Take all the time you need. We’re here for you.” She smiled before she gestured all her siblings to disperse from the room. “Just call if you need us.” She said last.

“Sure. Thanks, unnie.” Taeyeon smiled, then, she heard the living room door close. She collapsed on her back again, unable to think straight. What was supposed to happen now? Would she turn right at this moment? Or would she wait until the moon was fully up? She could see it from here, the moon. It was beautiful, she thought. How she wished Yuri and Yoona were here with her when this happens, they were her only source of strength. And of course, that one girl named Tiffany too. Where were they? How are they doing? Are they trying to find her? The thoughts she had from the past few days were slipping back into her mind.

‘I shouldn’t have ran away...’

She felt stupid now, remembering her motto ‘Don’t do something that you’ll regret later’. How she also wished she could turn back time. But she was here now, she knew there was no turning back.

‘Sorry guys...’

 

 

 

Taeyeon slowly closed her eyes and savoured the last moment she’ll ever feel normal... the last moment she’ll feel... human.

///

The next chappie's up... I'll just do the editing... XDD