Chapter VIII

A rebellious love

 

Wooyoung was left alone again. Junho had still to stay three additional days at home to rest and Chansung would come out of the hospital in two weeks. The school had never seemed so empty and boring. Woo had met Taec several times and each time he fled. Not because he was afraid, but because he knew that he could not resist the urge to hit him. So he spent most of his time on the roof. But without his brother and their friend, this place was much less pleasant. It was even totally depressing. Before he liked the feel of gravel under his back, now he found it unpleasant. Before, he occasionally smoked. Now, he lit a cigarette whenever he found himself on the roof. Each time, he remembered the conversation he had with Chansung. He should have listened. It should have gave up his stupid idea to beat JunSu. He should have, but he didnt. Because he was reckless. Because he listened to his feelings rather than reason. Because he was stupid and he was unable to see the consequences of his actions. Wooyoung sighed and lit another cigarette. It took two puffs and then watched it burn, completely fascinated by the red and incandescent light. He heard footsteps on the gravel and he raised his head but seeing who it was, he rlooked down again. He didnt want to talk to him. He knew that his soft eyes and his beautiful words would piss him off again.

 

Khun – you shouldnt smoke
Woo – its my health, I ruin it if I want
Khun – why do you have to always be cold like this?
Woo – I dont see why i shouldnt be cold. We aint friends, remember ?
Khun – we could be friends if you did an effort
Woo – I dont sympathize with the ennemy
Khun – Im not you ennemy. Just in case you wanna know, I dont see Taec anymore
Woo – why?
Khun – I heard what he did to... how is he?
Woo – he heals slowly
Khun - *sighs* I understand why you like to come here... its so peaceful. It seems that all the problems that we have when we are at school completly disappear...
Woo – cause you've got problems?
Khun – I have to go away from one of my besties cause he became a monster... its a problem, right ?
Woo – mmm...
Khun – and... the man I love dont even wanna talk to me
Woo – so, you're gay?
Khun – yes. Does it change anything?
Woo – no... I just feel like everybody around me is...
Khun – ahah and you?
Woo – what me ?
Khun – are you gay?
Woo – I never asked myself about it...
Khun – what do you mean ?
Woo – it doesnt matter as long as we are in love, right?
Khun – you're right...

 

Again this soft look. Wooyoung did not know why but his heart was pounding. He hated Khun because he was part of the opponent gang but now that it was no longer the case ... he thought that perhaps he had been wrong to reject him like this. He did not seem to be a bad person, instead. The calm and peace that emanated from him were relaxing. And most importantly, he didnt know why, but his eyes inevitably attracted his and hypnotized him. He felt he was going to drown. Wooyoung did not notice that he was staring at the tall blond till the latter turned his head, blushing. How long had this silent exchange last? A second? A minute? More? He didnt really understand what had happened, but in any case, he was relieved when he heard the bells announcing the end of a class, and thus the beginning of another. He rose without a moment and went toward his class. He didnt look back, not seeing the beautiful smile his elder had. The small brownish had a hard time focusing on the teacher's explanations. He couldnt forget Khun's soft look. It haunted him, even obsessed him. Classes marched without him really noticing it. He didnt realize he had gone home until Junho shook him by the shoulder to make him back to his sense.

 

Woo – oh, JunHo!
JunHo - -_-' whats happening to you?
Woo – I dont know...
JunHo – something happened at school?
Woo – not really... Khun talked to me
JunHo – Khun? Ah yes, the blonde-haired guy who's friend with Taec!
Woo – who was friend... Nuneo...
JunHo – hmm?
Woo – I think Im in love
JunHo – what ? With who ? Khun?!
Woo – yes...
JunHo – but... you barely know him!
Woo – I know... but I feel like I know him since forever...
JunHo – so you... fell in love at the first sight... for a guy?
Woo – so what?
JunHo – so... since when are you gay?!
Woo – I don know... nobody ever affected me like this. Boy or girl...
JunHo - ...

 

...

 

Wooyoung was once again on the roof of the school. Just this day left and Junho would finally come back. He wouldnt be alone anymre. No, he was no longer alone already. Khun had arrived and sat next to him. The small brownish turned his head to look at him but his elder's head was thrown back, eyes turned to the sky.

 

Woo – still problems?
Khun – I dont know...
Woo – for which one ? Taec or the guy you love?
Khun – about Taec... I give up... I dont know what to think anymore. It looks like he turned back to his normal being but... about the one I love... I dont know yet...

 

He turned to his cadet and their eyes met. Wooyoung was again under the influence of strange hypnotic power of the tall blond-haired man. Khun slowly approached his face to his, leaving the final decision to him. The decision to seal their lips or not. Wooyoung closed his eyes but did not move. The elder passed few centimeters separating their mouths and they kissed softly. A kiss as sweet as Khun's look, sincere and warm. The blonde's fingers came to caress his neck and hair and Woo put his hand around his hips to pull him closer to his. The bell announcing the end of the pause startled and they looked at each other as if they were surprised to realize just where they were.

 

Khun - *sighs* I have to go in class
Woo – skip school!
Khun – I cant... Im a grant holder...
Woo – thats a mess...
Khun – we'll see each other tomorrow ^^
Woo - okay

 

Khun gently caressed his cheek before turning back and head towards his classroom. Wooyoung lay back on the gravel and sighed with relief. It felt good. He never thought that kiss the person you love can warm the heart at this point.

 

...

 

JunHo – why are you smiling stupidly?
Woo – huh ? For nothing ^^
JunHo – stop then! ><
Woo – I cant ! Im blocked on « smile mode » now
JunHo - -_-' seeing this, its about Khun...
Woo – wh-what ? Not at all!
JunHo – then why are you blushing?!
Woo – because... I... he... we...
JunHo – you?
Woo – we kissed ><
JunHo – ehhhhh ? O.O
Woo – dont do this face >< its normal to kiss when we are in love ! And now that we talk about that.... what about you?
JunHo – what me?
Woo – when will you swallow your wrong-placed ego?
JunHo – what are you talking about?
Woo – Im talking about the fact that you're ashamed of being biual!
JunHo – Im not biual!
Woo – so, you're just gay?
JunHo – no! I love women!
Woo – but you love ChanSung
JunHo – wh-what ? No I...
Woo – you?
JunHo – Im not gay! ><

 

Junho left his brother's room and slammed the door then went for a ride. He needed to take air, to be alone, to think. He couldnt be in love with Chan. They knew each other since kindergarten and then it was a man. He was attached to him because it was his best friend, nothing more. He loved women, yes. And he would prove it to them!

Wooyoung sighed. It was as big as a house that his brother was in love with their friend. The problem is that Junho wouldnt admit it. But why was he so afraid to accept his homouality?