Chapter XX

A rebellious love

 

In normal times, the youngest would never have been able to measure up to their elders, but they have two advantages: the anger that lived tenfold strength and especially the elders do not take them seriously, far from it. Chansung threw himself on Yuryeong while Woo and Khun sprang from the same movement towards Kal. Gurimja also was soon attacked by a small group of students. Other elders did not stay aside but despite their efforts to help the three leaders, they could not approach because of the attacks they had themselves dodging. All were aware that this time, the fighting could last until total exhaustion of their forces. The police never came in this area and people were too afraid of reprisals to notify the authorities. The first drop of blood was shed when Chansung broke Yuryeong's nose with a punch. He howled in pain and had to make an effort to continue to fight. The sight of blood warmed more minds. The violence of the fighting increased another notch. Kal was known to have a reputation for being extremely dangerous guy, but when he did not have his knife in hand, it wasnt the same. Khun had managed to disarm him with a side kick and now Woo and him beat on the elder who had temples covered with blood. It would all turn to the slaughter if it continued.

 

...

 

There were only two fighters standing. The others were either spread on the ground, blood on their face and whimpering in pain, or sitting in a corner to regain their strength. A respectful silence was installed in the hangar. Chansung and Yuryeong fought hard but fatigue was beginning to be felt, especially on the side of the older of the two. Sensing defeat fast approaching, he glanced almost imperceptibly towards Kal, who understood the message. He stood up slowly as to be discreet and not to bully his bruised muscles. The two lovers didnt let him a chance. It was also incredible that he still managed to stand. Everyone was focusing on the fight so that nobody noticed him. Nobody saw him bend down to pick up his knife as sharp as a razor blade. Nobody saw him slowly but surely approaching to the bloody-haired boy. But he either didnt notice the two boys who followed his every move. A thud was heard before Kal collapsed, stunned by the baseball bat that one of the two intruders were holding. Chan took advantage of the distraction to take his momentum and crached on Yuryeong with all his strength, leaping into the air and falling over him, knees forward. The eldest collapsed and his head struck the ground, causing him to lose consciousness.

 

Woo – JunHo, Taec? but what are you doing here?
Taec – I was worried about Chan as he suggested he would do something against Yuryeong so I called Junho as Khun didnt answer my calls. and he admitted he heard a conversation between the chief and another elder saying they would "take care" of the cadets.

JunHo – so I took Taec at the hospital and... here we are!
Khun – just in time
Woo – but how did you know where we were?
Taec – we know Chan. it was the only place he could have gathered everybody
Chan – thanks... to the both of you...
Taec – you really thought we would let you take all the risks?
JunHo – and... its my fault if Taec got stabbed... Yu did it for me... Channie, Im sorry
Chan – dont worry about that, he would have done it anyway, just for fun... and Taec... go back to the hospital!
Taec – Im fine!
Chan – no, you're injured! okay, if you didnt come I would be.... but now its time to go back!
Taec – mmm okay... but you could be nice with your savior...
Chan - I'll be nice when you'll be healed!
Taec – sounds great~
??? - Channie, now that we are done with them, what will we do?
JunHo – I think its time to leave, and quickly, and to let the elders behind us, we called the cops when we arrived here
Chan – okay... everyone, run! lets talk tomorrow!

 

...

 

??? - so Chansung, you thought about what we will do?
Chan – yes... most of the elders got arrested because of all the things they did before. some will even go to jail, like Kal, Yuryeong and Gurimja... the elders' clan is now over. ours dont need to exist anymore
??? - but what will we become?
Chan – you dont need a clan to survive! you could enjoy the moment to make new friends, right? and... I dont know about you but Im not planning on spending my life as a gangster! its our last year in highschool and I want it to finish well. plus, Im sure most of you want to go to the university so you should use the fact that your criminal records are clean. its time for us to change, to stop our stupidities.
??? - you're right but... cant we keep the clan till the end of the year?
Woo – did you even listen what he said? -_-'
??? - yes but, not as a real clan, more like a big group of friends who would meet from time to time!
Khun – sounds like a good idea to me ^^
Chan – I agree! by the way Woo, where is your brother?
Woo – with JunSu
Chan – eh?
Woo – they wanna go to the same university of music
Chan – ohh
Woo – and according to what I understood, they are doing the "club of the rejected" ><
Chan - ... I should go to talk to them...
Woo – dont worry about them! they accepted it... thinking about it, it was always you and Taec, even when you werent dating
Chan – yes but still...
Khun – forget about that, you suffered too in this story. go to your man's side ^^
Chan – okay...