Chapter XVII

A rebellious love

 

??? - you'll catch a cold if you spend the night here...
JunHo – Yuryeong hyung!
Yuryeong – Chan told you verything, right?
JunHo – yes... but... I dont understand
Yuryeong – me either... all I know is that Taec have to disappear...
JunHo - ...
Yuryeong – it would solve all the problems, dont you think?
JunHo – but Chgan would suffer of it
Yuryeong – but you could have him back
JunHo - ...
Yuryeong – okay, come on! I wont let you sleep outside. I have a comfy sofa
JunHo – thanks Hyung
Yuryeong – where is your brother?
JunHo – I dont know
Yuryeong – mmh... I still cant believe he betrayed us!
JunHo – they... they really are in love hyung!
Yuryeong – it dont change anything, its unforgivable!
JunHo – but!
Yuryeong – lets talk about it later, you had enough emotions for today.
JunHo – okay...

...

 

The little redhead was still sleeping, laying comfortably on his elder's sofa. He seemed peaceful, still, tears slowly beaded at the corners of his eyes. Yuryeong couldnt bear to see him cry, he couldnt stand to see one of his juniors suffers, even more when it was due to a member of the opposing clan. He picked up his phone and dialed a number he used only rarely, in extreme cases.

 

Yuryeong – Kal?
Kal – yep
Yuryeong – I need your help
Kal – I knew it. you never call me for nothing. I need to take care of who?
Yuryeong – one of Gurimja's member
Kal – I see. which one?
Yuryeong – TaecYeon
Kal – its one of his better men... why do you want him to disappear?
Yuryeong – you dont ask any question usually
Kal – there's a beginning for everything
Yuryeong – he's a burden to me, thats all you need to know
Kal – okay... I'll call you when it'll be over
Yuryeong – okay

...

JunHo – Hyung? with who were you talking?
Yuryeong – a friend
JunHo – what will he do to Taec?
Yuryeong – nothing much, dont worry
JunHo - ...
Yuryeong – breakfast is ready, are you hungry?
JunHo – a little...

 

...

 

Taecyeon was walking back home. He spent a good part of the night thinking about the meaning of Chan's intense looks but didnt get a valid response. His eyes were not filled with hatred when they should. After all, it was because of this that the war had begun. But the youngest seemed different from before. He seemed to regret the clashes. Taec looked up and saw JunSu who was expecting for him a little further. That was unexpected. What could he want? Did he finally had reconsidered his decision to break up? Did he wanted him again? Issues jostled in his head but a noise from the alley beside whom he spent caught his attention. Someone called his name but he saw a figure in the shadows and didnt recognize the voice. He threw a last glance towards JunSu before entering slowly and carefully in a deadlock. He had a bad feeling about this, yet soft voice attracted him. Voice a little too sweet, enchanting as the siren to attract her prey. Suddenly fear gained him. He wanted to run but his legs refused to move. The figure approached him slowly, almost imperceptibly before finally accelerating. Their bodies collided violently and the big brownish had a spasm. He didnt realize immediately what had happened. The pain began almost thirty seconds before being signaled by the brain. He looked down at his abdomen and found a dark spot beginning to form under his sweater, growing visibly. His view was spinning but he couldnt help but fix the figure approaching him again. He saw the blade of a dagger glitter in the darkness of the alley. Fear seized him again. He would die here. He heard hurried footsteps behind him. The figure retreated and disappeared, fleeing to avoid being spotted by the newcomer. Taec's latest forces abandoned him when he felt Jun's arms around him. Everything went black around him and he heard nothing more.