Chapter VII

A rebellious love

 

JunHo – still no news from Chan?
Woo – no... its weird... he didnt come to school for two days and he didnt come here either... I knocked at the door of his appartment but nobody was there, I didnt hear any sound.
JunHo – something probably happened to him. Did you see Taec at school ?
Woo – yes... apparently his tongue seriously got hurt, he can barely talk...
JunHo – so maybe Taec went to see Chan to take revenge about something and they fought and tats why he's hurt... but where is Chan now ? And why did Taec took revenge ?
Woo - ...
JunHo – Woo?
Woo – wh-what ?
JunHo – dont you think its time for you to finally admit what you did the night Chan stayed here to take care of me ?
Woo – I... I just... walked in the streets...
JunHo – walked to where?
Woo – to... a music studio...
JunHo – and why did you go there?
Woo – for nothing, I just wanted to...
JunHo – YAH! JANG WOOYOUNG!!!
Woo – I... I beated Junsu to take revenge for you...
JunHo – are you ing stupid ?! Do you imagine what Taec could have done to Chan because of that ?
Woo – I... I didnt think about that... he hurt you so...
JunHo – I cant believe it... okay... lets go to see Taec
Woo – what ? Why ?
JunHo – to know where is Chan!!
Woo – cant we go to see someone else?
JunHo – who ? You think he'll have tell to Junsu about it ? I dont think so ! We dont ahve another choice ! And dont do this face, its your fault !
Woo – I know...
JunHo – if anything happened to Chan, I'll kill you for sure!
Woo – Nuneo! Not you too ! I did it for you!
JunHo – remember what our father always say ? Hell is paved with good intentions ! This is the perfect example!
Woo - ... sorry...
JunHo – Chan is the one to who you should say that, not me ! >< idiot!

 

Junho painfully get off his bed. His injuries were far from healed, but so be it. He had ti found Chan, to ensure that he was fine, even if they had to jump into the lion's den for that. They went to the apartment of Taec and stopped at the door. It's been a long time since the lst time they came here. Since Chan left the big brownish actually. They knocked timidly, not really sure they wanted Taec to be there. But he opened the door a few moments later.

 

Taec – what do you want ? Hit me ? Seeing your state, you better go back home.
JunHo – we aint here for that
Taec – for what then?
JunHo – where is Chan?
Taec – how do you want me to know?
Woo – because you came to Chan to take revenge for Junsu ! And since that, we dont have any news from him!
Taec – maybe he finally noticed how stupid you are and he dont wanna see you anymore!
JunHo – dont talk nonsense ! We called on his phone and he didnt answer!
Woo – and I went to his appartment but apparently he wasnt there, so where is he ? What did you do to him ?
Taec – you say he aint home ? Impossible.. he is there for sure...
JunHo – what did you ing do to him?!
Taec - ... I... declared war on him
Woo – what ?
Taec – you better hurry to go find him, he's at his appartment for sure. Broke the door if needed.
JunHo – no matter what you did to him, you'll have to pay for it!
Taec – come back in few years kiddo!

 

He closed the door and suddenly fell to the ground. Chan didnt gave any news and no noise emanated from his appartment. He couldnt be... No. He was tough. Tears came to his eyes. His anger had completely made him lose reason. He wanted to see his ex to asking him for forgiveness, but he couldnt. Chan would never forgive him for what he had done to him, and he was right. He didnt deserve it. He was a monster.

Junho and Woo didnt know what to think. In what state would they find their friend? They were afraid to know, but it was necessary. He needed them. The apartment on the bloody-haired boy was still as silent. They knocked several times but received no response. Rather than break the door, they went to the concierge to ask for the duplicate key. He hesitated but gave up when he saw they were desperate. They went in slowly. They were afraid of what they would find. A trail of blood ran from the room to go to the bathroom. Junho stepped forward hesitantly and couldnt restrain a cry when he discovered Chan, lying in the bathtub. He was unconscious, well, Junho he was JUST unconscious. He shouted to his brother to call an ambulance then rushed to his friend. He was alive! But in which condition. He was white as a sheet and his forehead was dripping with sweat. He was in the cold water which was red because of the blood. It was a horrible sight. The small brownish tried to wake him up, in vain. All he could do was hold his friend against him in an attempt to warm him up and cry while waiting for rescue. Taec went too far. He had nearly killed him. It was no longer just a gang war between students, it was a real war starting now. The ambulance finally arrived and the brothers accompanied him to the hospital. They waited long hours. Nobody told them anything about how was their cadet, it was a real torture. Four hours after their arrival, a nurse came to inform them that Chansung was awake but was extremely weak and therefore they couldnt stay with him long.

 

JunHo – Channiiiie!! T_T
Woo – Im sorry... its my fault...
Chan – Taec didnt do it for Junsu...
Woo – what ? Why then?
Chan – because... he... wants me back...
JunHo – by beating you to death?!
Chan – no... he beated me because.. I told him... that you're the one that I love
JunHo – me?
Woo – dont tell me you never noticed it?!
JunHo – I... no ! I... Im not gay ! I... I better call our parents to tell them where we are, they must be worried!

 

The redhead left the room as fast as his trembling legs would allow. He ran through the corridors of the hospital and did not stop till he was outside. He leaned against a wall to catch his breath and dropped to the ground. He was lost. He was not gay. It was impossible. But then, why did he clearly feel his heart warm when Chan told him he loved him?

 

Woo – sorry...
Chan - *sigh* I wasnt expected something else
Woo – by the way... mmh... Taec... he... no, forget this
Chan – dont tell anything about it to Junho, please
Woo – dont worry, I wasnt planning on doing it... but still, Taec always had been violent but this time...
Chan – he wasnt violent before.... he became like this when I broke up... but... I never saw him that angry. I really thought he would kill me
Woo – anyway, now I understand why he was that weird when he came to see him...
Chan – you did what?!
Woo – we didnt have another choice ! We didnt know where you were ! You cant imagine how worried and panicked we were!
Chan – you didnt fight against him at least, right ?
Woo – of course no ! But now that we know what he did to you... he'll pay è_é
Chan – no!
Woo – so you'll let him go like this ?
Chan – no... I'll fix this by myself. Dont get involved anymore.
Woo – but!
Chan – Woo... you have to take care of your brother. Its time for the both of you to stop acting ty.
Woo - ... you have to rest, we'll come to see you again tomorrow...
Chan – okay... and dont do anything stupid!
Woo – yes daddy!