Remembrance (part 4)

Making Memories

 

We were living together for a year now.

At first, it was more than awkward. We were not used to live together and sleep together.

We were, during the first month, so distant! We would smile awkwardly and would avoid skin ships in front of others because a couple who live together before being married is not right for some people even in this century.

We couldn’t let people gossip around us! Plus, I was feeling strange for Woohyun’s mom who had to live alone now. They would say that it was okay but I was still sad for her.

Weeks passed and when Woohyun’s mom understood that Woohyun and I were too shy with each other’s and that we never did…this…kind of stuff, she talked to me and admitted that she wanted Woohyun’s happiness more than her own wellbeing.

“-Woohyun’s happiness…you will give him that! I know him, he is very shy and awkward with girls but you know his kind heart. So stop being worried for me and only think about your and his happiness! I’m more than fine alone! Do you know how much I missed a calm house?”

I suddenly understood that my behavior toward Woohyun was so childish and stupid!

Then, I decided to behave more naturally around Woohyun.

I made the first step…for the first time, when we were lying on the bed awkwardly, I turned and hugged Woohyun. I felt him tense at my sudden action but he laughed.

-I was being worried! I thought that you were scared of me!

I laughed loudly.

-Yah! (I punched him slightly). It’s you who act so strangely! We’re a couple now…so we should behave like one, don’t you think?

He my head and nodded.

-We behaved like children, didn’t we? I’m sorry. I was just too scared to hurt you.

-You’re not going to eat me, aren’t you? So it’s fine! I need you more than anything.

He took my face in his hands and made me look at him.

-Nightmares came back, huh? I heard you last night…

I tightened my embrace around his waist.

-I’m going to be ok! Don't worry! Actually...it wasn't only a dream about my parents accident... I don't know... I just have a strange and bad feeling...

I rested my head in his chest.

 

2 months after that night, my nightmares, day dreaming and visions about this accident disappeared forever. Instead of bad memories, now I only had good memories with Woohyun.

 

It was the best year that I had in my whole life!

Plus, we graduated from College! Now we were being true responsible adults!

A company directly took Woohyun for a manager work. Like I expected, he became in less than 1 month, a manager who took part of every work in the huge company in which he worked. And he was being famous as a brilliant businessman as I imagine he would.

 He wanted to help me because I didn’t directly find a job but proud like I was, I refused his help and in less than two month, I found myself a job.

Actually, I had the same diploma as Woohyun thanks to the latter! He encouraged me to pass the exam in the same moment as him… I finally did it and had a great mark!

I wanted to become a simple secretary, but now I had a chance to be a real businesswoman!

My work place wasn’t huge as Woohyun’s but I was happy to finally work.

 

Actually, every problem began after we graduated.

Firstly,Jae Hwa halmoni was very sick due to her oldness. She could barely walk.

Cho Hee Omma had found herself a little job; she was taking care of some kids, so she couldn’t visit Jae Hwa halmoni often.

Woohyun and I would visit her more and help her with all our strength but we couldn’t do a lot because we were working too. Jae Hwa halmoni said that she didn’t need any help from us or others so we looked for her sons but couldn’t find a clue about where they live!

When Jae Hwa halmoni’s situation became better, this time I had a little problem with Woohyun. He was behaving strange these days.

We had our first quarrel the day after he came to home totally drunk.

It was the first time that I saw him like that.

 

Flashback

It was 3AM.

I was so dead-worried that my eyes were watering

Did something happen to him? Why didn't he even give a call?

I couldn’t call his mother because she would probably be worrier than me for her son.

-Where are you Nam Woohyun???

 I was walking in the whole flat. I couldn’t think or breathe properly.

I called him thousands of time! I wasn’t an over protective girlfriend but I was just scared to lose him! If something bad happened to him…

A tear fell on my check when I finally heard the front door opening.

I ran to open the door wildly and Woohyun just fell on me. I managed to not fall and helped him to walk.

-Woohyun-ah… my voice was shaking. Where were you? D-did you dri-ink? If you were with your friends, you should have told me! I was so wor-

-Ah! Stop with your questions!

My eyes widened. My heart skipped a beat.

-W-what? I muttered dumbfounded.

-I…don’t…want to hear more questions!!! I’m so tired.

I lied him down on the bed. He holds my waist and forced me to lie with him.

-Woo-

My checks were burning.

-Let’s stay like that for a while…please…

Now, my heart was beating crazily. I was lying on the top of him… suddenly I heard a snoring.

He slept already?

I waited for him to release me and stood up after a while.

I took off his shoes and jacket, and then locked myself in the bathroom… For the first time in 5 years, I cried in sadness. I had this bad feeling in my heart.

What is happening to him? Is it what they called “growing up, being an adult”? If it’s that, I don’t want to be an adult. I want to stay a teenager forever! 

End

I knew I was being selfish and stupid because drinking with friends is the most normal thing to do but.... Didn't he think of me being worried? 

And this wrong feeling in my heard just grow with the days....

The next day, we had our first huge fight.

For the first time, I saw fear and worries in his eyes.

 

I guess that every couples fight so we quickly forget about this moment. I have to admit that it was the thing that bothered me the most. He behaved like nothing happened!  Was I over thinking about this drunk and fight things? He was just with his friends, right? Even though he didn’t tell me, I guessed that he drank with his friends…Actually I hope so, even if I trust him, I didn’t understand why he received some messages and calls at late hours.

Anyway, I threw all this thoughts away and I thought that nothing could be worst that our past… I was so wrong.

Little by little, something weird began to happen in my work place.

Maybe someone cursed me because, I began to lose stuffs, and then I would always stumble on something or bumped on people…I mean…”co-workers” began to bump on me… “Co-workers” made me fall? Stole my stuffs and threw it in bins where I’ll find it after works?

I wasn't the best employee so I was sure it wasn't because of jealousy or something... I couldn’t explain what was happening. Maybe I was over thinking about it too?

I didn’t say a word about that to Woohyun to not worry him and yeah, I was over thinking!

At first, it was my thoughts.

It was my thoughts until this special day…

Flashback

It was the end of the day. I was walking to the elevator.

After waiting for 2 minutes in front of the elevator, one of my “Co-workers” came. It was Chun Hei.

-You shouldn’t wait Hyun Jae-sshi! The elevator has a problem, it is not working.

-Really? Thanks for telling me that. I’ll be going first then.

I bowed and she stopped me.

-Don’t forget to come early tomorrow, you have to clean and organize papers…You know, we are soooo thankful to you for your hard work but… this morning when I came, I found the meeting room in a mess! I don’t want to see this twice, Hyun Jae-sshi! You’ll have to do that until you became a real worker in this company… you know this, right?

A real worker? Why is it a new rule that is only related to me?

-Of courseChun Hei-sshi! I’m sorry, I’ll do better tomorrow! I simply and politely answered.

I bowed and left her.

Ahhh Nam Woohyun! If you hadn’t forced me to have a breakfast with you, I would have done what I have to do every morning…even if at the beginning it wasn’t like that and even if those “Co-workers” changed a lot towards me! If they don’t want to do this kind of stuff anymore, they should take a secretary! Not me!

Ahh since Woohyun came drunk; everything is bad in my life!

Alright, Jae Hwa halmoni is much better now and Woohyun and I are still so happy! But still, I didn’t know that works will be this horrible and suffocating! Woohyun is probably living the same thing but he hides it from me so I should do the same and always stay happy like him!

I sighed. I bet that what is happening to me at work, it’s just a test for my boss and “Co-workers” to see how much I’m motivated and serious!

I opened the door of the stairwell… I couldn’t see stairs properly!

Who switched the light off?

I slowly entered the stairwell and tried to find the light.

I heard steps behind me.

- Hey, do you know where the switch is?

I suddenly bumped on something and slipped… I can only remember the feeling of the hard stairs hitting my back and some people’s giggle. 

End

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did you find this chapter? I know it's a little bit (or a looot) boring BUT after, maybe in 2 chapters, it will be theIR break up moment and the remembrance will end! xD

It's a looooonnng remembrance but it's important for you to understand why Woohyun left her!

So next chapters will not be happy! But when Sunggyu will come, I'll try to make it better!^^' Yeah it's an angsty story but I don't want to annoy or made you depressed so I'll try to make a good end as well? xD You'll for who it will be a good end! 

Anyway, don't hesitate and COMMENTS, SUBSCRIBE juseyo^^ <3<3<3