Why now?

Making Memories

 

"-You will love me forever…won’t you? I said with heavy eyes.

-Of course. He kissed my forehead. Sleep now…I love you Hyun Jae-ah."

 

 

I woke up. I was panting. I looked everywhere around me and tears left my eyes slowly. It was like that every morning…since he left me.

 

With heavy legs I tried to walk to the bathroom. After my morning shower and after I have found good outfits for work, I went to the kitchen.

I sighed.

 I wasn’t bother by this sudden presence in my kitchen anymore, I was used to it, but I felt like a child around him.

-Morning. He said drinking his coffee with a big smile plastered on his face.

I mumbled something that he didn’t understand as an answer and took a cup of coffee.

-Bad dreams…again? He asked suddenly

I turned to see him. I pointed at the cup and muttered a “Thanks”.

-I take this for a yes.                                

He came closer to me and gave me a back hug. I wasn’t surprise so I didn’t react. I did like I didn’t care about his behavior around me but I was so thankful to him for everything.

-Hyun Jae-ah! Did you remember something from that night? He asked like every morning.

I shook my head slightly.

He let go of me.

-I know that you don’t lie because Sungjonggie is telling me everything!

My eyes widened.

-But he can’t do that! It’s illegal! He is a doctor so…

-We all want that you get this bad memory out of your mind.

-If I can’t remember it properly, it doesn’t matter for me. Anyway, I’m going to talk to M. Lee about that. I said with my usual emotionless voice and look.

-You can call him Sungjong you know! Even if he is one of the greatest psychologists, he is still younger than you!

-I never understood how he became psychologist at 20 years old! That doesn’t make sense.

-He is talented! He is one of the best but unfortunately for him, your case is special…

-I’m not a case! And I don’t want to see this “doctor” because he is not what I need. I’m better since I don’t go to his session.

-You must go! You have to! You’re colder than ever! You hid your dream from us! Is it the ra-

-No! I yelled I’m dreaming of Woohyun! Is it enough for you? You really want me to say that out loud?

I bite my lower lips hardly. I couldn’t cry in front of him for the umpteenth time!

-Woohyun? Like Nam Woohyun? The one who left you? How this man can be more important that what happened to you? Your trauma is heavier and scarier than this man who left you! When will you understand that?

-Myungsoo! I said calmly this time. I’m not going to argue about that with you. I should probably go before being late for work.

He sighed.

-Sorry. It’s an important day for you today, isn't it? You worked a lot in order to be ready for the meeting with the new partners, right?

I nodded.

-Good luck then. I will see you tonight. I’m leaving first. Ah and Sungyeol will take you to the office since he works there today.

-Oh, he had a photo-shoot today? I asked like our quarrel never happened.

It was always like that! In order to no hurt me, Myungsoo will always make our quarrel disappear. He knew how much I had suffered during these past 2 years so he didn’t want me to suffer more. I didn’t want it either.

-I don’t know. I’m going know. Have a good day~

He kissed me on the check before leaving. 10 minutes later Sungyeol came and asked me the same questions, but I never really quarrel with him so it was cooler. Nevertheless, it didn’t stop him to say the same words as Myungsoo: -Go back to Sungjong. You really need it.

They were so concerned about me…My heart felt a little bit warm again.

The car had finally stopped after 20 minutes of ride.

-Youhhou! He shouted in the car. You are not late!You have 7 minutes left so go quickly! 

We were in front of the huge entrance of the building.

- See you tonight! he continued

-You're not coming with me? Haven’t you a photo-shoot today? (he shook his head) So why did you come with me?

-Because I have a car and not you! Because I’m worried about you…

-I can take care of myself! I cut him off. I was barely scolding him

-I’m afraid you can’t… he said sadly, remembering the past.

I frowned. “I will not argue about the fact that I changed!” I thought and left the car.

-Take care, see you tonight! He shouted through the window.

I shook my right hand while walking. My back was facing him.

 

After 10 stairs, the huge entrance was facing me.

I stopped and took a deep breath.

The boss his trusting in me! I never disappointed him! Fighting Hyun Jae! You can do it! You’re waiting for this time since you first stepped here! You're one of the best employee in this well-known company so you must do it properly!

I confidently stepped in the building.

Some people greeted me politely and I bowed.

I took the elevator and reached the main office. It was a huge place where there weren’t a lot of workers compared to other floors.

 It was a privilege to have a place in this floor because the boss office was there too.  It was a privilege that I earned in less than 1 year. It was surprising for others workers and some workers hated me for that but they couldn’t hate me more than my last “co-workers”. (Another bad memory!)

-Morning Miss Kang. Said Miss Min Jin Ri, the secretary of this floor and of the boss.

-Morning Miss Min. Did they come already?

-Ne! By the way, they look all awesome! Our news co-workers are amazingly perfect! She whispered through my ear while giggling. Specially one…Oh DAEBAK! So y and cute in the same time. He has the same post as you so you will probably work with him. Anyway, they are waiting for more people so you should go because it’s an important meeting for you too!

I was also used to her talkative character. She always talks for saying things like that! It wasn’t making me angry because since that day, I was like disconnect from the world…

Miss Min went to our desk and winked at me. I sighed and went to my the council room with a huge pain in my stomach.

Don’t stress everything will be alright…everything.

-Ne nice to meet you Mister Lee. I hope we can do a good work together.

My eyes widened when I heard this voice. I looked at the boss, he was talking with a young man…this man…what is he doing here?

He bowed to my boss…don’t tell me…

My heart's beating became quicker.

-Ah the star finally came! Said happily M. Lee noticing my presence. I was worried about you. Anyway, Mister Nam Woohyun…

Our eyes met each other’s. His smile disappeared. His eyes widened. Mines were watering… The dream that I had come back to my mind

 

“-You will love me forever…won’t you?”

“Of course” lies…

 

I turned back and ran. I wasn’t supposed to meet him again…Why, why appearing in front of me now when I needed you 2 years ago?

Why now, when I wanted, finally, to not let anything hurt me again?

-Kang Hyun Jae! Shouted my boss but I was already gone.

I sat against the cold wall in the toilet, letting all my emotion gone. I was crying like I didn’t do for 1 year. I had cried a lot for 2 years but this past year, this huge pain was disappearing slightly so my anxiety attack wasn’t that horrible but now, all this pain came back in one second…everything had disappeared again, leaving me lifeless.

Then, I had this reaction that saved my life once. I took my phone and pushed the number one. I was calling him.

-Yah Hyun Jae, aren’t you supposed to be in a meeting right now?

-Myungsoo… I said breathless… he came back…

He began to panic.

-Did he do something to you again? Did he touch you? How did you recognize him?

-Ani! I said Not him…It’s Woohyun…

He sighed. He wasn’t worried anymore but sad.

-Where are you? I’m coming right now.

 

-----------------------------

Hi! I finally updated the first chapter!

How was it? I hope you enjoyed it^^ 

I don't know if it was a good beginning actually^^' 

I'm sorry for spelling mistakes~ 

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE ^^ if you want to^^

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!<3