It's War

Tell me your wish

It's been two hours now and it's getting pretty late. They walked to a near by bus station and sat down together waiting for the next bus to arrive.


"Ahh I'm so tried." She shouted while resting her elbows on her knees. Daehyun looked at her then back at the road. "How long do you think it will take us to get back?"


Daehyun looked at his watch and said, "not that long since its only a few hours away. Are you tried?" He asked while looking at her. She slowly nodded while she stiffened a yawn. He looked at her and said, "you can sleep for now. I'll wake you up when the bus comes."


"No no, I'm . . . I'm fine *yawn* . . It's . . It's . ." She slowly drifted off to sleep leaning forward. Daehyun slowly grabbed her head placing it on his lap. He softly tapped her shoulder making her fall completely asleep as he sang for her.


A few hours later, the bus finally arrived. Daehyun looked at Hyoyeon and then back at the bus. He slowly picked her up and brought her to the bus. The bus driver looked at them and he shook his head.


"I'm sorry the bus is full. Please wait for the next one." With that, he closed the door and drove off. Daehyun cursed under his breath as he made his way back to the bench. He slowly sat down as he placed her on his lap while moving her head to his shoulder.


He checked his phone to see 5 missed calls and 20 unread text messages from Yongguk. He sighed and placed his phone back into his pocket. He placed Hyoyeon gently on the bench and got up to face her. He crouched down in front of her and slowly placed her on his back.


"I guess we have to walk." He said to himself as he started to walk.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


The next day . . . 


Hyoyeon got her things and walked out of her house. She locked her door and walked with Amber to school.


"Hyoyeon, where were you yesterday? I didn't see you at school. Did you leave early?" Amber asked.


Hyoyeon shook her head and smiled, "Yeah I left early. I . . I had things to do." She thought about what happened yesterday with Daehyun. A smile slowly spread upon her face. Amber looked at her with wide eyes. She stopped in her tracks making Hyoyeon stop too.


"Hyoyeon. What's with that smile on your face?" She asked suspiciously. Hyoyeon frown at her friend as she crossed her arms across her chest.


"What? I can't smile?" Amber curiously looked at Hyoyeon while she placed her index finger and thumb on her chin rubbing it across her chin. "Ok." She shrugged. "But just so you know, I'll be watching you~" she continued in a singing voice. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and walked away from Amber.


"Ok Amber say whatever you want." She shouted back. "Hey wait up!!" Amber ran over to Hyoyeon pushing her a little bit forward making her stumble. They chuckled as they continued their journey towards the school.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


"Hyung, we need to talk." Daehyun turned around to come face to face with Zelo by his doorway. They had an intense eye contact for what seems like an hour now. Daehyun blinked first making them break their eye contact. He turned around to his desk and said, "I have nothing to say to you, so please leave while I'm still nice."


Zelo shook his head and walked in while closing the door behind him. "Look hyung let's just talk this out-" Daehyun interrupted him.


"Tsk, didn't we already do that. Umm let me think . . I think it was last week that this happened. Ah! I remember you suddenly getting angry at me and I'm the one who got in trouble at the end. There's no need for chatting, I'm done with you." He said not even bothering to turn around to meet Zelo's angry expression glaring down at him.


Daehyun stiffened a bit as he felt this weird aura coming from behind. He slowly turned around to see Zelo's expression. Those brown laser eyes glaring down at him. He flinched at how close Zelo came closer to him. He slowly backed away closer to his desk.


"You wanna play like this hyung? Fine, let's do that instead. If you don't wanna talk about it then let's do this the hard way. I gave you a chance yet you wasted it." Zelo exclaimed as he moved closer to Daehyun trapping him between the desk and himself while glaring at him. 


"Zelo, seriously what's gotten into you? You were never like this before. What happened to my dongsaeng that was sweet and innocent and nice and playful. Huh, what happened to him?" Daehyun said with a trembling voice as he turned away from him. Zelo glared at him as a smirk started to appear on his face.


"Hyung, everybody changes once in awhile. Am I not right? People go through changes every day. Everybody can't just stay with just one personality forever." He explained. "You see hyung . . " he paused and walked beside him as he picked up a photo of them together, smiling brightly at the camera.


"If you didn't get in my way, then none of this would've happened. Now, would it?" Daehyun looked at him in confusion. Zelo could feel his stare on him. He turned to face him with a smirk on his face, surprising Daehyun.


"You know exactly what I mean hyung. Don't act surprised." Daehyun finally understood what he meant. Anger started to rise in him as his grip on the chair tightened.


"Like I said before Zelo, you can't have her. She's older than you and you know I liked her first. So just drop it! It's never going to happen. After she sees the real you, she'll never like you." Zelo dropped the picture on the desk and craned his neck forward.


He scoffed, "I don't know what your talking about hyung. But just so you know, I'll be watching your every move. Besides, the first time we met, she never even talked to you or even looked at you. She only talked to me the most."


"Enough Zelo!! Just get out of my room!!" Daehyun said. His eyes filled with anger as he glared back at Zelo. Anger rised even higher than usual. He had enough of Zelo's act. He couldn't lose to him, he just couldn't.


"Fine but this means war. May the best man win. Good luck, you'll need it." With that being said, he walked out of the room with a smirk still spread across his face. Daehyun glared at the back of Zelo's head as he watched him walk out of his room. Once he was out of sight, Daehyun swiftly knocked all his belongings on his desk in anger. 


"It's war."


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


She walked to her locker to see a small little piece of paper sticking out of her locker. She looked left and right to see nobody but students walking by to their next class. She looked at the piece of paper and pulled it out.


"Ooohh~ a love letter. Let me see!!" Amber said from behind making her jump. As she turned around to give a lecture to Amber, Amber swiftly snatched the paper out of her hands, surprising Hyoyeon.


"Hey! Give it to me." She said while she held her hand out in front of Amber waiting for her to give the paper back. Amber pouted a she held the paper closer to her. "Why~ I wanna read it." She whined. Hyoyeon shook her head and sighed. "Fine but don't read it out loud." Amber giggled and opened up the note.


After Amber read it, she handed the paper back to Hyoyeon. "It's from Zelo." Hyoyeon looked at the note in confusion as she curiously opened the note to read it.


"Meet me at the garden after school." She looked at the letter in confusion as she asked, "what for?"


Amber shrugged and said, "maybe he wants to talk to you . ." Her eyes widen as a thought came across.


"Maybe it's some confession? Omg Hyoyeon!! It's totally a confession. You better meet up with him and if you don't, I'll drag you over to him. Got it?" Amber warned. She nodded and closed her locker. They walked over to their next class and waited until school end that day.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


He stood close by as he watched her walk into the garden. He watched as she slowly opened the door to the garden to see a blonde head right in front of her siting on the stone benches.


"So, this is his plan? A confession? Tsk, let's see what happens then." He tipped toe his way over to the door as he pressed his ear against it. The voices inside were muffled, it was hard for him to understand anything. He cracked open the door a little bit to see their figure.


"So, why did you want to meet up for?" She asked while turning her head to face him. He looked up from the ground and faced her while a small smile appeared on his face.


"How have you been?"


"I'm good. How about you?"


He nodded and said, "same." Then he became silent.


She checked her wrist watch and back at Zelo. "If you have nothing else to say then I'll go first. It's getting late." She got up to walk towards the door but Zelo stopped her. "Noona please wait. It's really hard for me right now. Please wait." He pleaded. She turned to see concern in his eyes. She sighed and decided to sit back down.


"Ok fine but you have to make it quick. I have to get ready for work soon." She stated. He sighed and said, "Thanks noona."


She looked down at their hands as she cleared . "You can let go now." He noticed that he was still holding onto her hand. He blushed and let go of her hand. "Sorry." He said as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.


She smiled, "It's ok. So . . . "


"Umm right. I called you over because I have something to say." He paused.


'Maybe Amber was right. Maybe he really is confessing. But we haven't even hung out together or even talk except for the fact that we did before in the past. I'm still a bit confused about this whole thing as in the weird flashbacks I'm having.'


"Noona? Did you hear me?" She blinked at him. "I'm sorry what?"


He hesitated, "Would . . . . Would you be my girlfriend?" Her eyes widen in confusion and in shock. 


"Did you just . ."


"Yes I did. So . . "


"I'm . . I'm speechless. I don't know what to say?" She stuttered.


He sighed and said, "It's ok noona. You don't have to answer now. I can wait." He got from his seat and walked to the door. He reached for the door knob but stopped in his tracks. "Take your time noona. I'll wait." With that he walked on out of the garden and started his journey home, leaving the dumbfounded Hyoyeon glued to her seat.


"Ah~ eotteokhae?!"


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


He sat outside of the door while thinking about what just happened awhile ago. He can't believe he went that far. What he heard and saw was something that we never wanted to see or hear at all. It made him mad that he actually did that. Suddenly, he remembered what happened yesterday night in his room.


"Fine but this means war. May the best man win. Good luck, you'll need it." 


He smirked as the thought came around. "Ok if you wanna play, let's play." He stood up from where he was sitting and walked over to the door to see Hyoyeon still sitting there. He breathed in and out as he relaxed himself. 


'Ok Daehyun you can do this. Just go up to her and do it.' He opened the door and walked in. She slowly turned around as she heard footsteps approaching from behind. She got up with a bright smile on her face as she saw who it was.


"Oh Daehyunnie?! When did you get here?" He chuckled at how high her voice went when she saw him. The smile on her face always brightens his day whenever he saw her. Her smile brings him happiness and let's him forget about everything around him. That's how special she is to him. She's very special in his heart. Very special.


"Daehyun? Are you ok?" Her voice broke his train of thoughts. He blinked at her and smiled. "I'm fine. I'm curious as to why your here though?" He said as he his hands into his jacket pocket while walking to the bench where she stood. He sat down and she followed in his steps.


"To be honest, I met up with Zelo here. He wanted to tell me something."


"What did he say? Was it about me by chance?" He said as he turned to face her with his cute eye smile, which she loved the most. She laughed as she smacked his arm playfully.


"No~ of course not. Why would he talk about you for?" He chuckled and said, "Your right, why would he?"


"But what did he really say?"


"Well I'm not so sure if want to say this but I'll say it anyways since its bothering me. Umm I . . I was pretty surprised myself when he told me. And . . A-and I'm not sure what to do. I mean I like him only as a friend and nothing else but when I saw that look in his eyes I just couldn't say anything to him. I was confused. It looked like he was scared and worried. I'm really confused right now." She confessed. Her feet slide across the pavement making scratching noises. She rested her hands on the bench as she leaned back in her seat.


"So your telling me that he confessed to you?" He asked not moving an inch from his spot. She nodded at him as she pouted. "Pretty much."


He frowned, "what's with the pouting?"


"I feel bad. How am I suppose to face him tomorrow?" He swung his arm over her shoulder as he pulled her in closer to him.


"How about you tell him how you really feel. Then give him a 'yes' or 'no' answer." She turned to him to see that their faces were inches away from each other. She stared at his lips and up to his eyes. She swallowed hard as she tried to look away but she can't help it.


Ever so slowly, he leaned in closing the gap in between them and sealing their lips together.


'Looks like I won. Game over.'