Lost (2/2)

Tell me your wish


"Ok class. The first ever couple to find each item and runs back to the starting point wins . . . . . . . . . . . . . . An IPad!!" The students excitedly squealed as Mr. Hyun held two IPads in hand for the winners.


"Ready?" He paused and stared back at each student. "Go!!" Each pair split up to their own destination with their maps in hand.


Daehyun quickly grabbed Hyoyeon as they walked into the forest together. He let go of her wrist to take a look at the map. "Ok so the first one is a red flag."


"A flag? What kind of hunt is this?" She asked from behind as she picked up a random stick on the ground and started to play with it. He shrugged as he led the way to find the red flag. "You know how Mr. Hyun is."


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~



They walked along a path of leaves as they continued to search for their items. They could only hear the sounds of their foot steps stepping on the leaves making a crunching sound.


"Oh! Look Amber. I found the purple plant." The lad shouted as he pointed to the only ugly looking purple plant in that green environment.


"Nice Kris. Now all we need is a golden key with the initials J.H. on it." Amber said looking at their list of items. "And then we're done?" Amber nodded at Kris as they walked along the path ahead of them.


"I wonder if Hyoyeon is ok? I felt bad for making her the third wheel." Amber pouted, which made Kris slightly chuckle by the sudden pout.


"What's so funny?" She asked while pouting again. Kris chuckled and said, "your cute when you make that face." Amber's face flush red by his comment as she turned away from him to hide her blushing face.


"You don't have to hide. I saw it already." He teased. "Shut up Kris. Let's just find the key and win that IPad." She replied while walking before him.


"Why rush? I . . . I like it like this." She stopped in her tracks as she turned back with a confused expression on her face to see Kris, who was only a few inches away from her.


"What do you mean 'why rush?'? Don't you wanna win the IPad?!"


Kris thought for a minute and then he replied, "not really. I rather spend time alone with you, then to get the free IPad." It was silent between them for a second before Amber started to burst out laughing.


"Are you insane?! Ahaha. Stop with the cheesy jokes and let's move on, shall we?" She said as she continued to laugh at Kris. "Weirdo." She mumbled while shaking her head.


"But I'm serious." He mumbled aloud. He sighed and tuck his hands into his pockets as he caught up with her.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


Exhausted, she rested beside a big rock as he stood in front of her looking at the map. "Are you sure we aren't lost?" She asked out of breath.


"I'm positive." He answered. She rolled her eyes at him and sighed. "That's what you said 2 hours ago when we walked to a cliff." The tone in her voice says in all. He could tell that she was getting pretty much annoyed by the same reply he had given to her.


"I should've been with Kris or Zelo instead. I can't believe you got us lost in this stupid forest." She mumbled while a small pout formed on her face as she crossed her arms across her chest.


"Fine! Why don't you just lead the way then, Ms. Know-it-all." He said as he held the map in front of her.


"No, it's totally fine. I'll just follow you like a lost puppy." She sarcastically said, rolling her eyes at him. "What's your problem? If you didn't want to be my partner in the first place why didn't you say anything?" He shouted irritated by her attitude.


"did it look like I had a choice, no I didn't!! Zelo would've been a much better partner than you!!!" She shouted back, furiously.


"All you think about is Zelo. Why don't you just marry him then!!!" She scoffed. " what? You jealous or something?"


"Why the hell would I be jealous for?! Your nothing to me."  Those words. Those harsh words ran into her head. It echoed inside of her as she felt the pain spreading throughout her body.


She felt like crying but she didn't. Not in front of him at least. "Yes. I'm nothing to you. I was never anything at all. I'm a nobody. I'm an outcast." Daehyun looked up at her to see the pain in her eyes as she stared back at him. He felt guilty. He regretted saying such harsh words. "I . . . . I didn't-"


"Have fun finding your way out." With that, she pushed pass him, leaving him standing there alone beside the rock. He watched her figure grew farther and farther away from him until she disappeared from his sight forever. If he didn't say such words or if he hadn't gotten them lost in the first place, this wouldn't have happen.


He sat down on the rock, thinking about what just happened between them. He ran his hand through his hair in frustration.


"Zelo would've been a much better partner than you!!!" Those words were the only words that he hated coming from . Why was he thinking about this? Is Zelo really that much better than him?


All these unanswered questions keep repeating in his mind. Why would she compare Zelo to him?


He looked at the direction she walked to as a small smirk appeared on his face. "Fine, if that's what you want then so be it."


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


It was dark for her to see where she was going. She wasn't even sure if she is going the right way. She walked through the forest looking around to see anybody out there, obviously there's nobody around her.


Without looking at where she was going, she suddenly tripped over a rock stumbling down a hill and ended up rolling into a ditch. Her hat fell off onto a branch as she fell in. Pain spread throughout her body as she tried to get up but felt the pain in her ankle. Dirt and leaves covered her body as she continued to struggle out of there.


"HELP!!! ANYBODY!!! Please help me!!! HELP!!!" She shouted as she held onto her broken ankle. "Please~"


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


"Hey Daehyun-ssi!!" Daehyun looked up to see Amber and Kris running his way with a worried expression across their face. "Yes?"


"Have you seen Hyoyeon?" He shook his head. "No, didn't she come back?"


"How are we suppose to know? Your her partner." Without a word, Daehyun sprinted back into the forest before they could react. He ran as fast as he could into the dark forest before him.


'Dont worry Hyoyeon. I'm coming for you. Please be safe.' He said to himself.


If they didn't split up in the first place then nothing would've happened to her. If they hadn't argued in the first place, she would've been right beside him safe and sound.


He was worried sick. He hopes nothing had happened to her and that she is safe and sound. "HYOYEON!!! HYOYEON!!" He shouted in between each breath he took. Breathing heavily from all the running. He jogged along a broken path with his phone in hand for light.


As he was walking, he suddenly spotted something blue on one of the tree branches. He walked closer to it to clearly see a blue hat hanging from it.


He stopped in his tracks as he grabbed for the hat but soon stopped as he heard a faint sobbing sound coming from below. He shined his light below to see a big ditch and that's when he saw Hyoyeon curled up into a ball.


"HYOYEON!!" He shouted as he laid flat on his stomach trying to reach out to her. She slowly looked up at him a little blinded by the light source in his hands.


"D-Daehyun-ssi?" She slowly stuttered. "Yes Hyoyeon. It's me, Daehyun. Are you ok? Can you climb up?" He could see her tears trickling down her cheeks. The dirt clearly all over her and a small blood stain on her right elbow. She slowly shook her head as started to slowly tremble.


"Are you hurt?" She nodded as she looked down to her ankle. He followed along to where she was looking at. "O-Ok I'll be right back." He slowly got up but stopped as she shouted at him.


"N-no please . . . Please don't leave me." She begged. He slowly laid back down on his stomach as he nodded. "Ok I won't. I'll try to make a rope out of some vines then. Don't worry I won't leave you." He quickly got up to find some vines around the forest and luckyily for him, he found a bunch of vines around some trees. He then tied the vines to the tree and around his waist. He checked it twice before he could do anything to it.


He carefully and slowly made his way towards Hyoyeon. Once he was safely down there with her, he pulled her into his embrace hugging her tightly as she cried on his shoulder. "Sh-h. It's ok I'm here." He rubbed her back as she wrapped her arms around him while crying.


"I-I'm so sorry." She said in between sobs. "No I should be the one to say sorry. You had nothing to do with it." He said as he looked into her eyes.


"Let's go now before they start to worry." She nodded and he helped her up. "Hold on tightly." She did as she was told to do and he slowly started to climb back out of the ditch.


Once they were out, he untied the vines around his waist and crouched down in front of her. "Get on." She slowly lipped over to him and climbed on his back. He rose off the ground and started to walked.


"Thank you Daehyun-ssi."


"For what?"


"For saving me and coming back to me, after what I said to you. I owe you one." She softly said. He smiled at her and continued to walk out of the forest.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


It's been a few hours now since they left the ditch to walk back to the camp site. He rested -again- on a log, slowly placing her down beside him. Exhausted he started to massage his sore arms and legs. Hyoyeon took notice of his sudden action and she grabbed his arm to massage it.


Surprised, he pulled away from her but she held onto him and continued to massage his arms. "Hyoyeon-ssi, you don't have to do that. I'm fine."


She shook her head from side to side, "No, it's ok. I'm doing this since your carrying me back because of my ankle and so I want to repay you." She said not even glancing at him to see the sudden flush of red on his face by her touch. "T-Thanks." He mumurmed. She smiled in return as she continued to massage his arm.


A small droplet of water fell upon Hyoyeon making her flinch by the cold liquid. She looked up to see the fast rain speeding down on them. Daehyun quickly reacted by carrying her bridal style to a cave just a few feet away from where they stood.


He quickly ran in and placed her on the ground while taking off his jacket and placing it around her shoulders. "What about you? Your going to get sick." She said as she started to take off his jacket that he handed to her. He stopped her from taking it off and placed it back on, tugging it around her shoulders tightly.


"It's better than having you get sick." She frown as she spread one of her arms out. "Let's share it, since it's your jacket." He didn't protest and decided to just sit beside her, tugging the jacket onto his shoulders feeling a lot warmer now since he's in the jacket cuddling with her.


Just the thought of them together made Daehyun's heart race even faster then before. Now that he's cuddling with her in a dark and wet cave, it makes him happy that he's with her. Just by one glance at her it makes his heart beat. This is the most precious memory he will ever keep for the rest of his life.


"Do you think we'll be able to make it back in time?" Her voice cut Daehyun out of his thoughts. Turning towards her, he can see the sleepiness in her voice and face. Her eyes started to slowly close as her head fell on his shoulders, sound asleep.


He smiled at her sleeping face, "Hehe so cute." He slowly took out his phone as he rested his head on top of hers and closed his eyes while taking a picture of them sleeping. He opened his eyes to see the beautiful picture he captured. He smiled as he saved it as his home screen background. Satisfied with his work, he slowly started to fall asleep while resting his head onto hers.


In that dark cave, fell two lovely teenagers sleeping peacefully on that cold rainy night, only to hear their soft faint breathing upon the night.