The Journey Back

Tell me your wish

The sun shined down on Daehyun as he stirred in his sleep. He slowly opened his eyes to see the bright light above him. He slowly rubbed his eyes to adjust his vision. He turned his head towards Hyoyeon, who is still sleeping peacefully on his shoulders. He noticed her hands were wrapped around his arms tightly making him smile to himself. He slowly brushed her hair out of her face to get a clear image of her beautiful face. He grabbed his phone and took a couple of pictures of her before she stirred awake.


The sound of the birds chirping in the cave making it echo throughout the cave, made Hyoyeon flutter her eyes open. She blinked a few times before she got off of Daehyun's shoulders to look at her surrounding.


"O-oh~ your up." He coughed while sliding his phone carfully into his pocket, so he wouldn't get caught. "It's morning already." She yawned while looking out.


"Um yeah it is. Are you able to walk? Or do you still need help?" He asked.


Hyoyeon looked down at her ankle to see a white cloth wrapped neatly around it. She glanced at Daehyun scanning him from top to bottom and saw that the corner of his shirt was ripped. "Did you do-" She pointed at her ankle and he nodded.


"Thanks but you didn't have to." He waved his hands in the air. "No no. It's fine. I didn't want you getting infected by anything, so I just covered it up." She smiled at him and got up from the ground which Daehyun quickly reacted by grabbing her arm to help her up.


"Thank you." She softly said to him.


"Are you ok to move by yourself?" He asked. She shrugged, "I don't know but let me try." She slowly lipped around the cave. Daehyun stood by her side just in case she'd fall over but thanks to her great balance, she got the hang of it.


"Ok I'm good. Let's head back before they start to worry."


"That's to late. Their already worried, especially Amber." Daehyun told Hyoyeon. All she did was nod and started to head out of the cave with Daehyun trailing behind her making sure she doesn't trip or anything like that.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


They walked around the forest for hours now, exhausted and beaten by the hot summer heat waving in on them. They stopped by a tall tree to rest from searching all day long.


"Mr. Hyun . . . Will we ever . . . Find them?" Himchan asked trying to catch his breath while he swung his arm around Jongup, who is dripping buckets of sweat.


"We will. Trust me. Let's go into your pairs again and let's search for them." Mr. Hyun instructed. The students split up into their pairs as they continued to search for Hyoyeon and Daehyun.


"Um Mr. Hyun, I don't have a partner." Zelo said as he looked around for his partner, Youngjae, who happens to be absent.


Mr. Hyun quickly pushed Hyosung to him and said, "take her. I don't need a partner." And then he walked away from them.


"Great, now I'm stuck with you." Hyosung spat as she rolled her eyes at him.


"That makes 2 of us. Look, I don't wanna cause any trouble so let's just find them and go back." Zelo explained.


"Them? Whose them? I'm only finding Daehyun. Like I care about that piece of-" before she could finish, Zelo walked away from her leaving her behind. He didn't want her to even finish that sentence. He knew that she would say something like that since Hyoyeon and Hyosung are pretty much enemies.


"Hey, wait up!!" She shouted and ran up to him.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


"What's that sound?" They stopped dead in their tracks as they heard a sound coming from in front of them. "Stay behind me." He said as she followed his instructions without hesitating. She hid behind him while grabbing onto his shirt. The sound grew louder as they moved farther away from the sound. As they backed away from the sound, Hyoyeon hit a tree making them stop.


Daehyun quickly grabbed the nearest thing he could find and held it out in front of him. Hyoyeon looked at the object in his hand as she tried so hard not to laugh, but she couldn't help it and starting chuckling at him. He turned around to see her laughing and then he turned back to the front. "What's so funny?"


"Ahaha, really? a thin stick?" He grunted.


"That's not important. Beside, it was the closest thing." She chuckled. "Relax. It's probably just a bunny." She assured him while coming out from hiding behind him.


"What are you doing? What if its not a bunny? What if its some evil looking creature out to get us? You never know."


"And you watch to many movies. Now just follow my lead and everything will be ok. I promise you." He slowly nodded at her. She grabbed the stick from his hand and tossed it to the side.


"Why'd you do that for?"


"Tsk, like a stick is going to protect you." She said as she crossed her arms across her chest. "You know I never saw this side of you. Your freaking out and becoming less manly."


He gasped, "I am too manly. . . . Just not right now." She chuckled and shook her head at him.


"You see, all this conversation we're having is getting our minds off that thing in the bush. It's probably gone now, let's leave." She announced as she lipped away from the bush, heading towards a different direction. Daehyun then followed along a couple of seconds after she left.


While they were walking Daehyun, yet again, heard a sound coming from the side. He turned around to see a tree that looks like its about to fall down. He looked from the tree then towards Hyoyeon and then back at the tree and it went on and on.


Finally realizing that the tree is about to fall on Hyoyeon in any second, he rushed over to her as he quickly grabbed her by the waist and pushed her and himself to the other side. She landed on the ground whereas he landed just on top of her. Their lips touched once he landed on top of her making them both shocked by their current situation their in.


Her eyes widen as she looked into his brown eyes. Her breathing was abnormal and so was his. She could feel the warmth coming along her cheeks as she felt his warm lips on hers. They didn't know how long they stayed like that until they heard footsteps, along with a voice.


"Daehyun?" The voice said. Daehyun realized he was still on top of her with his lips still touching her soft lips. He quickly rolled off of her, still blushing, as he looked up at the voice that called him. He wasn't surprised at all as the sight of Hyosung came into view along with Zelo standing beside her.


"Daehyun. It is you!! Finally I found you. Oh~ honey, your clothes are going to get dirty. Here let me help you." Hyosung sweetly said making Hyoyeon along with Zelo roll their eyes at how she acted in front of him. She skipped over Hyoyeon kicking her a little -making her whince- to the side and grabbed Daehyun's arm pulling him up.


"Hyoyeon-ssi, are you ok?" Zelo asked coming over to her side. She didn't reply back. Her mind was focused on Daehyun and that kiss they just had together. She had this weird feeling that she felt that same touch before but she wasn't so sure.


"Hyoyeon-ssi?" Zelo's voice cut her out of her thoughts. She swung her head towards his direction. "O-oh Zelo-ssi." She finally got her sense back together.


"Are you ok?" He touched her forehead just in case she was feeling sick or something. She grabbed his hand and placed it to his side, which caught him off guard.


"Yeah, I'm fine. I . . I just-" she looked down at her ankle and Zelo noticed the ripped cloth wrapped around her ankle. "Does it hurt? Let me carry you back." Before she could answer he quickly went in front of her and picked her up bridal style surprising both Hyoyeon and Daehyun.


"I-I'm actually fine. You don't have to carry me." She quietly said. Zelo shook his head and replied, "Your hurt, so I'm carrying you back. Don't worry, I'm fine with it. And if I let you walk, your ankle could swell up and that's not a pretty picture." He smiled. She smiled back at him as she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck while resting her head on his shoulder. He proceed to walk forward while Hyosung and Daehyun stared at them.


"Eww, I can't believe he's falling for such a loser. Can you believe that?" Hyosung exclaimed as she watched them together. Daehyun grunted as he roughly pulled her arm off of him. He glared at her and walked ahead of her without turning back. Hyosung gasped as she watched him walk away. Her eyes became dark as she stared back at Daehyun.


'You made the wrong choice Daehyun. Now, your going to be mine forever and I'll make sure nobody gets in my way.' She thought to herself as a smirk pulled along her lips.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


He shot lasers at Zelo's back as he followed them out of the forest. He felt angry that they ruined their prefect moment together. He's angry that Zelo is touching her like she's his girlfriend. What made him more angry is the way Hyosung talked about Hyoyeon like that and the way that he actually thought of Hyoyeon being Zelo's girlfriend. That would never ever happen in a billion years.


He smiled at the thought of that. He actually thought of them being together as a couple. They could actually be the cutest couple in their school. All this thought about him and Hyoyeon made him forget about Zelo but once he looked straight ahead at Zelo, his happiness was replaced with anger, once again.


•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~


"Hyoyeon!! Your alive!!! I'm so happy to see you!! I was so worried to death. What happened? Are you hurt? Do you need to see the doctors? What-" Amber was interrupted by Hyoyeon as she held her hand up to stop her from going on.


Zelo walked passed everybody as he made his way to the bench, gently placing Hyoyeon down. He grabbed her ankle and unwrapped the cloth placing it with a new cloth from the first-aid kit, which happens to be sitting on the table.


Everybody watched them as he gently replaced the cloth around her ankle. Everybody had the same thought as they watched them together being all sweet and nice to each other.


After watching what Zelo did for Hyoyeon, he couldn't stand it anymore. He stomped his way to his cabin without turning around to see that somebody was staring directly at his back with concern eyes.


Ever since that accident they had in the forest, she couldn't stop staring at him. She felt like she met him before but she just couldn't figure it out. She watched him walk away farther and farther away from her until she couldn't see him anymore.


She sighed as she looked back at Zelo who sat in front of her still wrapping her ankle up. "Thank you Zelo. It was very kind of you to do so." She thanked.


"No problem. You should get some rest and don't walk to much. It could make your ankle worse." He explained. He was about to help her up but Amber stopped him.


"It's ok I got her. I'll bring her to our room. You've done enough. Thank you Zelo-ssi." Amber said as she bowed. He in return did the same and walked away from them to his own cabin.


The rest of the class also went back seeing that it was getting pretty dark out. After the class left, Hyoyeon and Amber slowly trailed back to their room.


"You have got to tell me what happened to you." Amber exclaimed.


"After I get some rest first." Amber nodded and they got into their room. She placed Hyoyeon on the bed and got up and stood by the light switch. She waited for Hyoyeon to get settled in before she turned off the lights.


"Night Hyoyeon. Don't forget to tell me ok."


"Don't worry I won't forget." And with that she fell fast asleep.