A Call Away

Brotherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin was an adult. 

He didn't need to be babysat all the time. He could handle being away from his Yunho Hyung for a while.

Yunho sighed, mindlessly watching the TV in front of him as his body sank further and further into the couch.

If Changmin was okay without him, then why was Yunho always worried about the maknae when they are separated?

Yunho ran his fingers through his hair. He had to keep reminding himself that he shouldn't always act like a father taking care of his five year old kid. Changmin was a grown man, and Yunho wanted to respect that. So what Changmin went to a party without him? Changmin could do that, because he was an adult. 

Maybe Yunho was just bored. He had to admit, he had spent so much time with Changmin that sometimes, he really didn't know what to do when the maknae wasn't around. Changmin had become such a huge part of his life.

Yunho shook his head. There was no way that a worry like this was healthy.

He checked the time; almost 2 AM. With a sigh, he turned off the TV. He couldn't stay up all night waiting for Changmin's return.

As Yunho rose from off the couch, his phone started to ring. He jumped before realized that his caller ID had "Changdola" flashing on the screen.

"Hello?" Yunho answered, trying not to sound too happy with Changmin's call. There was some silence, the only sound was of muffled music, but it wasn't loud enough to block out the sound of Changmin's voice. "Chang-"

"H-hyung," Changmin finally replied, cutting off Yunho before he could continue.

"Min," Yunho said in worry. Something about his maknae's voice didn't sound good, and it worried him. "Is something wrong?"

Yunho was barely able to finish that question before Changmin stated his reason for calling. "Can y-you come pick me up?"

"Of course, Min, but you need to tell me what's going on," Yunho answered as he started looking for his car keys. He was a bit confused by Changmin's request, seeing as how their manager was the one that dropped off Changmin at the party. "Where's Hyung?"

Changmin swallowed, and Yunho swore that he heard the younger one try to choke back a sob. "I don't know," Changmin answered. "He's not answering. Please come get me, Hyung."

Changmin was begging; Yunho didn't fail to notice that.

"I'm coming," Yunho promised as he made his way out the dorm and to his car. "Tell me what happened."

"There are some bad people here," Changmin replied. "I wanna go home."

"Okay," Yunho said, getting into the car and starting it. "Go somewhere safe. I'm on my way."

"Hurry. I- Ah!"

Yunho's eyes widened as the call went dead. He was already in the car by now, starting it and peeling out of the parking lot. It's a good thing Changmin had told him where the party was, because Yunho would have felt even more helpless than he already was.

"Changmin-ah!" Yunho yelled in worry. There was no reply, just the sound of a few shuffles before the line went dead.

It was clear that these men were drunk. Changmin could smell alcohol everytime one of them even opened their mouth.

Changmin had a few drinks as well, but he was sober enough to know what really happened, and that these men were blowing everything out of proportion.

Another fist flew to his face, striking him mercilessly.

"Thought you could hide from us?" the man holding Changmin asked. 

Changmin was completely trapped in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter