Sleeping Habits

Brotherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay. So since it's been like, thousands of years since I've updated this, here's a short(er) chapter for you guys! ^^

It was the same routine. 

Every time they had schedules, Yunho, like the "appa" he was, would wake up, make his bed, brush his teeth, watch a little TV, and attempt make breakfast for himself and Changmin, before giving up and deciding to pick up food later. Once he was done with that, he'd walk into Changmin's room, coo at the sight of Changmin sleeping like a koala, before forcing his maknae out of bed.

Changmin was a deep sleeper. Yunho sometimes found himself using cruel and unconventional ways to get Changmin to at least open his eyes. It was mean, but at least it worked, and they were never late for their schedules.

After Changmin angrily and reluctantly crawled out of bed, the two of them would start getting ready for their next schedules. They'd spend some time with each other, talking to each other about any worries they had, teasing each other, or just about anything to keep conversation going.

Despite the fact that Yunho had to sacrifice precious sleep in order to get everything done, he loved his routine, especially the time spent at the breakfast table. It was completely worth the lost sleep.

But something changed.

Changmin and Yunho were stressed beyond belief. JYJ were making several news appearances these past few weeks.

That wasn't a bad thing at all. But every time they'd show up on TV, horrid memories of the split would play through their minds like some sick movie. Yunho was deeply effected by it. But he knew Changmin was hurting so much worse. 

Though Changmin tried to hide his feelings, Yunho still found out. Some nights, Yunho would check in on Changmin. His heart broke in half when he would hear Changmin's muffled sobs and cries.

In the mornings after, Yunho would walk into Changmin's room, seeing the maknae already awake with his red, puffy eyes and cheeks.

And Changmin always looked like he was about to drop.

This morning, Yunho woke up a few minutes late. That didn't affect him, though. He crawled out of bed. He didn't feel like making his bed this morning, so he went straight to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Once he was done, he the TV, wanting a little noise in the house before heading to the kitchen to make some coffee.

Changmin hasn't had that much of an appetite these past few days, Yunho said to himself. Poor guy.

Yunho brewed the coffee, leaving the hot beverage in the coffee maker before heading to Changmin's room.

He was surprised to see Changmin laying on his side, curled into a loose ball on his bed. Oh. Maybe he is getting better. Yunho smiled at the sight. Changmin looked so peaceful the way his eyes were gently closed. Yunho could tell that Changmin had cried just a little bit, but at least the maknae was sleeping just fine now. Yunho almost felt guilty as he sat on the edge of the bed, ready to wake Changmin up.

"Changmin," Yunho said as he gently shook Changmin's shoulder.

No response. That wasn't a surprise at all.

"Wake up, Changmin-ah," Yunho said a little louder, shaking the maknae's shoulder a little harder. "You don't want me to bring cold water in here again, do you?"

Again, no response.

"Ch-Changmin?" Yunho asked, suddenly feeling that something wasn't right. He shook Changmin's shoulder, a little violently this time, before his heart started to race. "Changmin-ah!"

Yunho suddenly noticed the shallow rise and fall of Changmin's chest, and wondered if it was possible for a person to survive the tiny amount of air he was receiving. Was Changmin like this all night? 

Yunho grabbed Changmin's cell phone, which was thankfully placed on the bedside table, and called for an ambulance. He didn't even allow the operator to finish her introduction before he started rambling into the phone. "M-my friend. He's not waking u-up a-and he's barely breathing. He needs help!"

He hated the fact that whoever he was speaking to insisted on asking him questions he didn't know, such as what happened to Changmin or what Changmin was doing throughout the night. Yunho tried to cooperate as best as possible before telling her the address and hanging up.

"Changmin-ah!" Yunho said, smacking Changmin's cold face. "Changmin," he wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter