Rescue Part 2

Brotherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho had fallen asleep shortly after.

Changmin decided to send Yunho to bed when he could feel his friend begin to sag in his arms as time went by.

"Come on, Hyung," Changmin said quietly. "Let's put you to sleep, okay?"

Yunho only nodded, feeling more exhausted as Changmin led him to the couch, his wounds quickly forgotten. He laid Yunho down carefully, watching as the older man's eyes began to droop closed.

As Yunho fell asleep, Changmin decided that it was best that he stay. He wanted to make sure Yunho would be okay through the night and he also knew that Yunho would have a bad hangover in the morning.

He glanced over at Yunho's sleeping form before standing up to clean the place up a bit. It was obvious that Yunho had let this place go ever since he started drinking. It wasn't as clean as he usually kept it and it bothered Changmin to no end. He headed to the kitchen first, seeing the plates stacked in the sink. He shook his head and began running water in the sink.

"Oh, you idiot," Changmin said, shaking his head as he finished up the dishes. "Why did you let this place get so dirty?"

Changmin felt tears coming to hs eyes again. Everything was messed up. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Yunho was always so happy. He was the responsible leader who never failed or messed up. He kept his four bandmates in line. They were 'The rising gods of the East', and it was because of Yunho's abilities.

Yunho was their leader.

And with that simple statement, several realizations came into Changmin's head.

Changmin knew that out of all of them, Yunho had taken it the hardest. But in all honesty, Changmin never stopped to ask why. But today, it hit him.

Yunho was their leader. The five of them didn't stick together like he wanted. He let his band down, and the guilt was eating him up on the inside.

"Oh, Hyung," Changmin said under his breath. As he continued cleaning around the condo, he wished he had figured this out sooner. Anytime before Yunho had surrendered his life to alcohol.

Changmin had kept himself busy throughout the night. He cleaned, not only the kitchen, but Yunho's bedroom as well. He found a few empty bottles in Yunho's room, which made Changmin feel sick to his stomach. He quickly threw those bottles away and searched high and low for any remaining bottles.

Thankfully, there were no more, but it didn't stop Changmin from feeling worried.

Once the bedroom was done, Changmin found himself doing random things around the condo as he waited for his friend to wake up.

He played games on his phone, read the newspaper, watched some Youtube. Every time he felt himself nodding off, he violently jerked awake.

Watching television was out of the question. Yunho didn't watch TV anymore. Literally everything reminded him of DBSK's split. That, and not to mention how much news coverage this SM lawsuit was receiving. It had to be on every channel.

The sound of harsh gagging pulled Changmin from his thoughts.

He put down the comic section of the newspaper that he was reading and rushed straight over to the kitchen to grab the trash can, then to the couch where Yunho lay.

Yunho opened his eyes, completely confused. He looked around, for one thing, his condo was cleaned up. Last night was a complete blur for him. He had no recollection of how he even got on his couch.

The last thing to confuse him was the sight of Changmin by his side holding a trash can, which Yunho was entirely grateful for because as soon as the room stopped spinning Yunho found himself vomited his guts into the trashcan held by Changmin, who winced at the unpretty sight.

Yunho wiped his mouth and gave Changmin an apologetic look, feeling completely embarrassed.

"Idiot," Changmin said with a smile as he put the trashcan down, trying his best to not get sick and vomit as well.

Yunho groaned, sitting up on the couch and allowing Changmin to join him.

Changmin plopped next to him and sighed.

"So what happened last night?" Yunho randomly asked, looking up at his ceiling.

Changmin shrugged. "I picked you up from the bar," he simply answered, feeling that telling about everything else would be irrelevant.

Yunho chuckled. "Never a dull moment with me, huh?" he asked, releasing a humorless laugh.

Changmin copied his action and laughed as well.

"I had a lot of weird dreams last night," Yunho said. "I don't know which ones were dreams and which ones actually might have happened."

Changmin smiled. "No, Hyung. You were not kissing Boa Noona."

Yunho glared at him. "I don't dream about kissing Boa."

"Liar," Changmin accused. "You dream about Noona more than you've danced in your lifetime."

"I respect her," Yunho defended himself. "Nothing more."

"Keep telling yourself that," Changmin said mockingly.

Yunho rolled his eyes, but his expression suddenly became serious. "What happened to your eye?" he asked Changmin, referring to the fresh bruise that had formed around the younger one's left eye.

Changmin briefly brought a hand to his face. "It's nothing," he said, hoping Yunho woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter