Rescue Part 1

Brotherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho sat quietly at the bar. It had become a habit for him recently. Ever since the band's split. Ever since the lawsuit.

He thought he could handle it. He thought the whole thing would blow over and everything would be back to normal.

But he was wrong, and the entire situation was eating him up inside. With this experience, Yunho learned that he wasn't as strong as he thought.

Every night he found himself at a local bar, drinking away his problems and finding a way to escape from them.

Or at least trying.

He felt his phone ring once again for the fifth time in less than twenty minutes. He ignored it, as always, taking a sip of beer from his jug.

"Hey you," a voice from his right called to him. Yunho turned, seeing a man who looked old enough to be his father. "You're that guy from Dong Bang Shin Ki, right?" The man reached into his pockets, fishing out a pen and paper. "Can you sign this?" he asked with a huge smile, bringing the slightly wrinkled paper further into Yunho's view. "My daughter loves you."

Yunho glared at the older man, feeling nothing but hate. Couldn't people see that he just wanted to be left alone?

"Go 'way," he slurred, once again focusing on the drink in front of him.

The man gave him a confused look.

Still feeling the man's presence, Yunho looked at him with annoyance. "Are you deaf, Ahjussi?" he asked. "I said leave!"

The old man stared wide-eyed at Yunho before quietly apologizing and taking slowly taking his leave.

Yunho finished the beer in his hand before asking for another.

"You're being cut off," the bartender said in a soft voice, possibily afraid of what Yunho would do next. On other occasions, Yunho would have noticed the bartender's demeanor right away. Jung Yunho wasn't scary, so why would anyone act so afraid around him?

"What?" he asked in shock. Who would cut him off? It's not like he drank too much...seven bottles wasn't too much, right?

As if reading his mind, the young bartender spoke up. "We recieved calls from Changmin asking us to cut you off."

Yunho slammed his fist on the counter. Leave it to that brat to do something like this.

The bartender started speaking again. "He's coming to pick you up."

Yunho angrily stood up, grabbing his jacket and taking his leave. Changmin couldn't tell him what to do and he wasn't going to let him. Yunho was tired of him.

He was tired of everyone. Changmin. Jaejoong. Yoochun. Junsu. SM.

He just wanted to be alone.

Yunho pushed open the doors of the bar, ignoring the yells of protest coming from the workers, begging to stay and wait for his band mate.

A familiar red car drove into the parking lot. It was obvious that the person driving it was panicked and had a sense of urgency.

The car drove up beside him. The window rolled down.

"Yunho!" Changmin's voice called out to him. "Get in!"

Yunho heard pleading in Changmin's voice, but ignored it. Instead, he just kept on walking, his keys gripped tightly between his fingers as he clumsily searched for his car.

"Yunho, please!" Changmin called out again, but still, Yunho's demeanor stayed the same.

Finally, Changmin took action. He swerved his car in front of Yunho, blocking the man's further moves. Changmin exited his car, a tired and worried look on his face. He walked up to Yunho and grabbed him by the shoulders.

Yunho struggled out of the younger man's grasp. "Let me go!" he yelled, surprised at how much stronger Changmin had suddenly become.

"No!" Changmin yelled. "I'm taking you home and I don't care how!"

Suddenly, Yunho's body jerked, and the older man collapsed into Changmin's arms.

Changmin, thankfully, was quick in catching his band member, only to find someone standing behind Yunho's original position.

It was the bartender. He shrugged. "I'm sorry," he said shyly. "I thought you could use some help."

Changmin smiled. "Thank you," he said, lifting Yunho a b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter