Goddess D

Poems and Metaphors

 

I would define, in brief, the poetry of words

as the rhythmical creation of Beauty.
Edgar Allan Poe

 

 

Goddess D, that is what the boys in my school whisper about me. Not because I look like a goddess, but because I can work miracles for the desperate boys in my high school.

 

How did this happen?

 

It started with my love for words and penchant for writing. It’s not so hard to hard to write about love really. I might just have uncovered the secret to love just by observing people and reading books. All you need are a few lines of poetry and metaphors.

 

 However, I find myself having a pathologic need to help the underdog. Even with how obnoxious or annoying boys could be sometimes, they are completely pathetic when it comes to matters of the heart.

 

So, it is with this reason that has made me famous among the boys. Not for writing to them but writing for them secretly.

 

I ghost-write love notes. Usually just one will do the trick. I have never had a customer complain. My success rate is 100%.

 

If I charged the boys at my school, I would’ve been rich but I do not put a price on my works. It is enough for me to be of some kind of help, to rally for the underdog and to prove that love doesn’t only happen in the books or movies.

 

Without my secret identity, I’m just Sandara or Dara, which is not much to speak of. So I’d rather be Goddess D, undercover Cupid, patron saint of the lovesick and poetess for hire.