Lonely

Poems and Metaphors

 

Dreams have only one owner at a time. That's why dreamers are lonely.
Erma Bombeck
 

 

 

I can’t figure out why Ji and the other boys never saw Yoona’s flaws. I grew up in the same school as Yoona and have always known her to being the prettiest and most popular. But unlike the boys, I was not immune to her charms and saw through her.

 

She clings to popularity like velcro, always glad of attention by boys especially the popular ones and even geeks if they will do her homework for her, never seen hanging out with the wrong crowd, only dating college boys who have cars (Ji being the exception). She always looked her best, always conscious of her diet, her hair and looks, never seen without the right clothes, and accessories.

 

She’s all style without substance, beauty without brains. I don’t hate her, but I’ve never particularly liked her. Maybe because I always thought she had it easy.

 

Because I was substance and brains without everything else.

 

Because she had Ji.

 

Because I like Ji.

 

Because I have always liked Ji.

 

Because I more than like Ji.

 

 

 

I’ve been denying myself to admit it for a long time. I even tried to see if I could forget about it. But it’s futile.

 

I could never begin to describe how I feel in simple words but maybe it can be measured in buckets of tears and pieces of broken heart.

 

 

 

 

 

L (a

   le
  af
  fa
  ll
  s)
one

l

iness

                                    - ee s

 

 

 

 

Grief

 

A stab to the heart

That time would heal

My soul’s lament

So painful, so real

 

                                                                                                                                                     - in bed 12am, wallowing