3

When Fate Plays Its Role (Doubtful Fate)

 

Chapter 3

 

“You may encounter many defeats,
but you must not be defeated”

 

The next day, everything was okay except that Tiffany was being extremely quiet. I took several glances to read her mind by looking at her expression, but all in my mind was blank.

I didn’t find anything.

I changed glances with my roommate and twin with another mother, Yoona, my best partners in crimes, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and my ex-roommate, Sunny. I thought they also wondered what Tiffany was thinking right now.

Honestly, I liked Tiffany since even before she became Taeyeon’s girlfriend. I successfully hid my feelings from the other members, no one had ever suspected for having a crush on Tiffany.

It’s all because of Taeyeon and Jessica. I meant everybody knew about Jessica’s feelings to Taeyeon, leaving only Tiffany oblivious about that. We all wanted Taeyeon and Jessica befriends like before and stop avoiding each other, but it turned out to be a romantic relationship.

I don’t want to lie to Tiffany, but the other members agreed to help Taeyeon and Jessica’s relationship from not being discovered by Tiffany.

Well, I pretend to like Yoona in front of Tiffany. I don’t want her to discover my feelings towards her. The other members convinced by my acts as well.

But Yoona knew so well that I don’t like her in that way. I like her in sisterly bond like the others did.

And I also knew that Yoona has a crush on Seohyun. Poor little girl, the innocent-like maknae is so oblivious about it!

And I wonder if Tiffany still angry at us..,


-


I should distract myself from thinking about them.

I determine. But I can’t help myself from being irritated and annoyed when they freely showed affection towards each other to me and the members.

I shook my head and continue practicing.

Nothing had been better than practicing.

I saw a few of them already rested due to tiredness, but I don’t want to be defeated so I kept on practicing.

For the past few hours, I noticed how Yuri had been looking at me. I reconsider that as a pity, but she shouldn’t have look at me for a long time.

I’m getting irritated by it.

A minute later, Hyoyeon joined in the dance with me. Even though I still hurt by her lies, but I just don’t want to show especially in from of them.

I kept messing up on the dance and got scolded by Hyoyeon a lot.

I enjoyed being scolded by her that to me as a part to erase the bad memory of her…


-
 

I got permission from manager oppa to go out to take a walk. I need some time alone. Seeing them happily talking to each other kind of stressed me out.

It felt like they didn’t care my presence in there at all.

Since it’s already winter, I grabbed my jacket and hat on it to cover myself from being discovered by the fans. I don’t wear any make up and didn’t think to wear any either.

I also put on my big glasses to disguise as a normal person (not a celebrity).

I arrived several minutes after driving from my dorm. It’s not too far away from it anyway.

I sat on a bench which is empty. I looked my surrounding and even sightseeing with the view night sky. It’s so beautiful.

I closed my eyes, tried to get rid of all those bad memories that I had. I just have to reminisce the past where we always support each other, stay strong together until we made it to who we are now.

Unconditionally, a tear escaped from my eyes. I felt sorry for being angry at the members, but I just can’t help myself. I hate it when people lied to me.

I opened my eyes when I heard a voice called for my name…


-
 

She walked to a bench after eating ice cream. She was just finished practice.

She noticed a girl was sitting on the bench. She didn’t want to look for another seat, so she decided to just sit with the girl.

But what surprise her was the girl was in tear, as long as she noticed.

She looked carefully and scanning thoroughly the girl’s face. Seemed like she has seen it before!

But then, it clicked her. Who wouldn’t know a popular idol group, Girls’ Generation?

“Tiffany…”

She hesitated to call, but the name somehow slipped out from her tongue.

The girl opened her eyes. She was surprised that someone recognized her even if she’s on disguise.

She let a stranger saw her crying. Tiffany felt hopeless.

She prepared to face the crazy fans if the girl in front of her right now will tell everybody that Girls’ Generation Tiffany is here.

Surprisingly, the girl just stayed quiet and took a seat besides her.

The girl then gave a handkerchief to her. She accepted it in hesitation.

After that, silence filled their surrounding. The both of them felt awkward.

To break the awkwardness, Tiffany asked the girl.

“Do you know me?”

“SNSD Tiffany”

“And how are you sure that I’m Tiffany”

“Because you are shining”

Tiffany felt like wanted to laugh at the cheesiness, but upon seeing the girl’s seriousness, she decided to hold back the laughter.

“What do you think about my life?”

“Perfect, perhaps”, the girl answered. Tiffany laughed bitterly and the girl noticed it.

“Can you tell me about you?” Tiffany asked showed her eye smile to the girl. Seeing the perfect eyes, the girl felt like wanted to collapse.

“Sure”

So the girl told her everything…

TBC