13

When Fate Plays Its Role (Doubtful Fate)

Chapter 13

 

“If it means having, I’ll however long it takes”

 

I’m feeling so tired right now!

I thought being normal is easier, but it turned out worst.

Seriously, I’m feeling really tired being in Dihoon’s body. She’s an active person, and skilled in dancing while I’m NOT!

And the worst, I have to dance on her part.

Argh! So frustrating.

I closed my eyes and was thinking to take a nap, but suddenly Dihoon’s actual phone was singing from my own song, “Twinkle”. Feeling exhausted, I picked it up nevertheless.

“Hello?”

“Dihoon-ssi?!” the voice on the line spoke. I frowned at the familiar voice. Yoona?

“Who is this?” I realized I have to pretend to not know.

“This is Yoona, SNSD Yoona!” she answered. I smiled, knowing Yoongie’s voice.

“Oh, Yoona-ssi, what’s up?” I found it weird to have added the ssi at the end.

“I need to talk to you about something, like something which is REALLY important!”

Her voiced seemed so desperate. I wonder what it was.

Nevertheless, I agreed to meet her at the dorm.


-
 

I came down only to find Tiffany was playing Xbox with Sunny.

Wow, she’s become better!

Surprisingly, she beat the game master, Sunny! Everyone’s jaws dropped, which including me and Sunny herself.

She got up on her feet and dance dorkily. Lol, dork :D

She’s so cute~ I felt like pinching her cheek. I missed her old self. Sica was amused to see that too. Actually, all of us were amused.

Unfortunately Taeyeon’s not joining us since she had a night late schedule. If she got to see this, I bet she’ll be happy since her best friend’s old self was coming back.

Then, I heard the door bell rang. I was about to open the door when someone beat me to it.

Yoona, she ran all the way from upstairs swiftly ‘till she came here to open the door. Duh.

The door opened revealed the person behind it. Dihoon! I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

What was she doing here?

I was about to let out my frustration to her, but Yoona already dragged her. They went upstairs hand in hand.

This one reminded me of Tiffany, and it made me mad.

“What’s that?” I heard Tiffany’s voice. I turned around and found the owner was looking dumbfounded as much as the members and I did.

She’s right. What was that for?


-
 

Yoona dragged me all the way to her room which she shared it with Yuri. I frowned in confusion. Why was she acting like this? The look on her face was telling me that she was excited and happy.

She brought me to sit on her bed and made me faced her.

She was all smiling. Yoona, what were you going to do?

“What.Is.This?” I raised my eye brow.

“Wow, you’re good at raising one eye brow. Nice!” she complimented oddly. I gave her the scratch-that-and-just-tell-me-what-you-want look.

“Okay, fine. I want to ask you a favor”

“Tell me, what is it?”

“Look, it’s…”

“YOONA-YAH!” Just when Yoona was about to open and spill what she wanted, the girls-Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and including DIHOON which I named them as the ahjumma wrecker moment came in the room and shouted for Yoona’s name.

Dihoon gave me the look what-are-you-doing-here. I just pointed to Yoona as she understood.

“What are you guys talking about?” Sooyoung was really acting like an ahjumma the neighborhood gossiper.

“Nothing when you barged in and spoiled our moment. Now, GET OUT!” Yoona made an angry look.

Duh, like Sooyoung and Hyoyeon care.

“Aish, Yoona-yah, why are you being all secretive? Share it with us!” Sooyoung was giving Yoona her puppy eyes look. It’s been a while since I last saw the look and I missed it so badly when she gave me the look to convince me to buy food for her.

“Fine, I’ll tell you guys,” Yoona admitted defeated as the ahjummas settled themselves on the floor instead of sitting on Yuri’s bed.

“Dihoon-ssi, can you please do me this favor?” she asked again. I just gave her the confuse look.

“What is it?”

“Can you please share me some tips on how to confess to someone we like?” Yoona smiled sheepishly.

I got what she meant now! She wanted to ask me on how to confess to Seohyun, the maknae romantically.

The last time I gave her an idea, it failed hopelessly, and Yoona never trusted me any longer.

“Err, it’s so awkward for me to say this. But why don’t you ask the members instead?”

“Aish, they’re hopeless. Especially Fany unnie. I asked her the last time because she was the cheesiest member, but then it failed miserably!”

Aish Yoona, did you really have to remind me of that? You really rub the salt into my wound.

I saw Dihoon was offended.

“Wha-What did I do?” she asked innocently. Lol, of course she was clueless on what happened in the past.

“Yoona-ah, who are you going to confess to? Is it Yuri?” Sooyoung asked. I stiffened upon hearing Yuri’s name. And what’s worst if Yoona was really going to confess to Yuri.

I didn’t know why I felt that way.

“It’s not Yuri!” Yoona denied and hid her face shyly. I somehow felt relieved when Yoona said it’s not Yuri.
 

“Then, who is it?” Dihoon seemed really desperate to know who it was.

“It’s…maknae!” Yoona answered shyly. Sooyoung’s and Hyoyeon’s jaw dropped and their eyes were wide open.

But Dihoon acted differently. She seemed so cool about it.

“MAKNAE?” the duo famous ahjummas shrieked.

“UNNIE~ Slow down will you?” Yoona seemed really embarrassed and her face was really red.

“Fine. But wait, you said you asked for Fany’s idea and it failed? What happened?” Hyoyeon spoke.

It somehow made me recalled what happened.


I told Yoona to bringSeohyun to noraebang (karaoke) and sing proposal songs to her. She did what I told her to. But she said she’s shy to be there alone with Seohyun, so she asked me to come along. I agreed.

The maknaes seemed to really enjoy it. They were singing a lot, not exceptionally for me.

Yoona did so many obvious things to please Seohyun’s heart. Of course the girl was happy, but she’s still unaware of Yoona’s actual feelings.

Yoona sang “Say Yes”, “This Song” of 2AM, and the most obvious was of course “Marriage Proposal” by Noel and cheesily added “Right now, it’s Seohyun Shidae” copying from Junsu oppa from Idol Army season 3.

At the end, Yoona bent down on one knee before Seohyun and say “Will you be my girlfriend?”.

I thought it succeeded already, unfortunately the not-so-innocent-anymore maknae, Seohyun misunderstood Yoona’s acting. Instead she replied something that hurt Yoona’s pride.

“Yoona unnie, who are you proposing? Is it for Yuri unnie?”

Yoona was confused why everyone thought every romantic thing she did was for Yuri. And it failed.

 


Well, it’s not my fault that it’s failed. It was all Seohyun’s fault. Why was she so oblivious?

“Yah, Yoona-yah, I have a better idea this time. Why don’t you trust me?” I swore Dihoon acted so well like she really did gave the idea to Seohyun a year ago.

Yoona gave Dihoon can-I-really-trust-you look.

“Aish, Yoona-yah, just trust me!” she convinced her. Yoona turned to look at me instead.

“What do you think? Should I trust Fany unnie again this time?” Yoona gave me her confuse look. I chuckled.

“I’m sure Dihoon has something up on her sleeve this time!”

“DIHOON???” Yoona, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon shrieked at the same time.

O_O Oops, did I blurt out Dihoon’s name earlier?

“I’m sure she said Tiffany earlier!” Luckily there’s Dihoon to save the situation, and the three chidings seemed convinced.

“Fine, Fany unnie, I really trust you this time!”


-
 

“What are we doing here?” Jessica asked.

Apparently, we were doing here to accomplish my plan-Yoona’s mission to be exact.

Here as in the spar room. The square-like boxing court to be exact. In the middle, stood a punch bag.

“Duh, isn’t it obvious? It’s boxing time!” Hyoyeon shouted excitedly while swinging her hands like she was really sparring. I chuckled.

“I mean, why would we be here instead of going karaoke or shopping?” Jessica asked again in confusion.

Of course she wouldn’t understand why would we be here.

“Sica, don’t you think we need some time off and let out all of our feelings right now?” I asked her. Jessica frowned.

“Yeah, we did need it, but why would Dihoon be here? I thought it’s for US only?!” Yuri interrupted and I heard a hint of sarcastic on her tone.

Yuri, if you really hate my real self, please make it less obvious! I’m HERE!

“I’m sorry but if I’m bothering your bonding time, then I guess I should get going!” Tiffany was really about to go when I stopped her. She looked really hurt by Yuri’s words.

“You don’t have to go. Stay here with us. I’m sure you want to know what’ll happen, right?” She nodded.

I smiled in relieve, but I noticed Yuri’s expression was not happy. Instead, she looked annoyed by it.


-


“Okay now, Yoona, it’s your turn!”

It was finally Yoona’s turn. I was looking forward to this. Well, Yoona’s been practicing the lines I gave her last night. Yoona practiced them like crazy. She just wouldn’t stop repeating and was restless.

Yoona stepped up nervously and took the glove from Sooyoung. Sooyoung’s opponent, which was Hyoyeon also took off her glove and was ready to give it to whoever Yoona wanted to go against with.

“Maknae, you come out!” Yoona called for Seohyun and I somehow couldn’t hide my smile.

Seohyun took the glove from Hyoyeon and wore it without any difficulties.

Yoona punched the bag first. “Have you ever fallen in love?”

Seohyun answered honestly while punching “Yes, I have!”

Somehow, I didn’t like where this was going. And when Seohyun turned to look at me made it worst.

Please don’t tell me she still loves the real Tiffany.

“In fact, I still love that person now!”

Oh no, it’s not on my side. I rolled my eyes.

“Really? Who is it? Yonghwa?” Yoona tried to guess while punching the bag harder. She looked mad and jealous.

“No, it’s not Yonghwa oppa!” Seohyun denied quickly. Please don’t say Tiffany’s name next.

“It’s…”

“Seohyun, listen to me very carefully!” Yoona quickly interrupted before Seohyun mentioned the name of the person she loved.

“I… I like you so much! It’s not Yuri, or it’s not any other girls that I really love but you!” Yoona confessed honestly while punching the bag.

I knew it was odd and quite not right, but I think this was a better choice to confess our feelings out honestly.

Yoona turned very serious, and the members were serious too. They were looking at Yoona intently. Seohyun was shocked.

“Whoever it is you like, just so I want you to know, that I truly, sincerely love you! More than a friend’s and sister’s love!” Yoona stopped looking at the punching bag and turned to look at Seohyun while standing straight. She was serious and it was visible tears in her eyes.

Nobody dared to speak right now. Only an awkward atmosphere and silences filled our surrounding.

“Seohyun-ah, Yoona was confessing to you. Why don’t you reply?” I asked the stunned Seohyun.

The maknae suddenly turned to look at me with a fierce (?) eyes. What? Seriously?

“Unnie, do you know this all along?” she was mad, I knew it. It was heard through her tone.

“I…I,” I honestly didn’t know why I stuttered.

“You knew that I like you so much, so why are you doing this?” Seohyun snapped at me. I was startled myself, and the members were shocked as well, especially Yoona.

I guessed, she didn’t expect it to turn like this, neither I did.

“The one that you like, it’s PPANY?” Taeyeon asked for confirmation, but it became worst. The atmosphere turned even more awkward.

Seohyun stomped off from the court and left the place. I gulped, knew the trouble started from me.

“Yoona-yah, I…”

“It’s okay unnie, don’t try to persuade me. You guys can continue the game by yourself!” Yoona also left the place and went to the restroom sadly. I knew she was upset, and so did I because I never expected this to happen.

Sooyoung and the real Tiffany came and patted me on the shoulder to cheer me up.

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault this happened. Let’s just continue the game without the maknaes!” Sooyoung persuaded me and at last I was convinced.
 

-
 

“I want to challenge Dihoon!” It was Yuri’s turn, and surprisingly, she called for my real name, which Tiffany had to face.

OMG, this was serious! Yuri was always good at boxing, and I knew my favorite SNSD member was not good at sports except for track and field.

“Me? I thought I was not in the game?!” Tiffany asked innocently. I chuckled. But Yuri’s stern face never faded.

“Come on, just come in! Why, are you scared?” Yuri smirked. I didn’t like her sarcastic words. Tiffany took the glove from Sunny nevertheless. But it was written on her face that she was scared.

“I heard you’re good at sports? So why not doing it with me without the punching bag? It’ll be fun, and be sure not to be easy on me because, I will never be easy on you!” Yuri challenged. We looked at Yuri in disbelieve.

“Yah Kwon Yuri, are you nuts? This is just a game!” Taeyeon, the leader tried to stop the eager Yuri.

“Oh, come one Taeng. You know I’m good at this, so why are you trying to stop me? I’m sure Dihoon is not easy to back off either!” Yuri was nuts. Nobody could stop her.

Okay, let me tell you. I AM good at sports, not exceptionally boxing, but I’m sure Tiffany couldn’t handle this matter.

Yuri was really about to punch my body when I decided to come in between the punch.

And Yuri’s fist landed on my chest.

Suddenly, I found it difficult to breath. It was so suffocating and it hurt so much.

The last thing I saw was the members’ worried face before I passed out.


-
 

I woke up in dizziness. I felt it hard to open my eyes, but I strengthened myself and opened it anyway. I blink a few times before getting my vision clearer.

I found myself lying down on Tiffany’s pink bed. I got up instantly upon seeing Yoona and Jessica who stayed by the bedside and the other one was sitting on the chair of my study desk.

“What happened?” I asked in confusion. I seriously couldn’t remember what happen.

“You’re awake? Finally, thank God!” uttered the grateful Jessica.

“Unnie, are you okay? Do you feel pain anywhere?” Yoona asked me in concern. I just gave her the confuse look.

“What are you saying about? I’m completely okay except that I’m having a headache right now!” I stated. Jessica didn’t believe me.

“Are you out of your mind? You were barely can breath and passed out for almost 24 hours now!” Jessica snapped at me. I widened my eyes.

I had been passing out for 24 hours?

“Why did you do that?”

“Do what?” I asked in confusion. I couldn’t understand what she was trying to ask about.

“The punch! Why did you receive it in behalf of Dihoon? Look at you, barely can live after receiving a punch on the chest by Yuri!”

I blinked, trying to remember what I attempted to do.

Oh yeah, right! I passed out after receiving a punch from Yuri on the chest on behalf of the real Tiffany. If I didn’t intrude, my dearest idol would be in the hospital by now.

“Where is she now?” I asked.

“Who?”

“Dihoon!” I said my name clearly without blurting Tiffany’s name.

“You’re even asked for her now? For God sake, unnie! You fainted because of her, and now you’re worrying away for her?” Yoona looked at me in disbelieve.

Is it wrong to ask for someone we cared a lot about?

“Why couldn’t I?” I asked innocently. I didn’t get it why were they so mad about.

Jessica was tempted to hit me, but luckily her conscience got all of her and she got her grip.

“Yah, don’t you ever do that in the future again, remember? I warned you!” threatened Jessica. Honestly, I was scared a bit because of her cold tone of voice warning me.

“I love you!” she said and kissed me on the forehead. I blushed unconditionally. That’s the first time I received a kiss on the forehead from Jessica.

Jessica left for her schedule. Well, actually everyone left for their own schedules and luckily, Yoona was free and had the time to look after me. I’m thankful for the thought that SNSD members took care of the sick the real KANG DIHOON.

The atmosphere in the room was awkward. I bet it was because of the unexpected event when we were on the spar court. Yoona confessed to Seohyun, but the maknae loved me-I meant Tiffany instead. And it’s obvious that Yoona was upset of me especially when I was the one who gave the idea to do that event.

“Yoona-yah, I’m sorry!” I uttered softly. I knew how much Yoona’s heart was breaking right now. Yoona gave me the saddest look ever.

“You don’t have to. It’s not your fault!” she answered softly, almost a whisper that I couldn’t hear.

“I’m sorry for making you upset. I suggested this event, yet she…” I just couldn’t say the last part which shout be like this – “…yet she loved me”.

Yoona gave a slight sad smile.

“It’s okay unnie. Please don’t say sorry. Besides, it’s not like you expected this to happen.  It just came out naturally.”

Silences filled the room before Yoona spoke up.

“Unnie, you made me feel so worried, unnie. Not only me, but the other unnies also were worrying so much about you! You received the punched unconditionally and was barely could breath before you passed out. Manager oppa was really anxious a lot about you.” Yoona told me everything what happened after I passed out.

I felt like there’s something  I didn’t know and it was deeply hidden. I should find out about it!

“Yoona-ah, aren’t you mad at me?”

“For what, unnie?”

“Because Seohyun loved me instead of you?” Yoona smiled bitterly at me.

“There’s nothing to be mad about, unnie. You’re lovely and everyone could fall for you, not exceptionally maknae. You were so nice to her and pampered her too much. I guess I’m not your match!”

“Honestly, I felt upset and angry at you when I found out about it. But then, when you passed out, I was worried so much and realized how I can’t stay much longer to be angry at you when Seohyun has the right to choose whoever she loved. You’re qualified enough to be loved, and I didn’t want to lose a sister like you because of love”

Aww~ Yoona was so sweet~ I melted! I had a lot to say to Tiffany about this then. She should know how much the members loved and cared for her. She deserved to be loved and is qualified to be loved like what Yoona had described.

Oh Tiffany, you’re so lovely~


-
 

After a long sleep, I got up in the next morning. It was 6 a.m. I came down to the kitchen and found Seohyun was making breakfast. She was ready to attend school for the day.

“Good morning!” she greeted cheerfully. I guessed she had forgotten about the love confession already.

“Morning~” She chuckled. So cute~

I saw she made coffee. I frowned.

“You drink coffee?” I asked. She nodded. When she’s about to sip the coffee, I quickly snatched the mug from her. She was surprised.

“What’s that?”

The members came and gathered around the dining table.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked.

“Look, she’s still in school and she already drinks coffee. You know Seohyun, coffee is not good for your health!” I began to nag at her. I saw the members and Seohyun gave me a-duh-face.

“Duh, unnie, didn’t you say that coffee is supposed to be good for studies, and you’re the one who recommended to me to drink coffee?!”

“Huh, when did I? Nevertheless, coffee is not good for your health and you should drink milk instead!”

“But unnie…”

“I said NO, so it’s a NO!” I warned. Nobody argued back, but Yuri.

“What’s wrong with you?” I turned to look at Yuri.

“We heard clean and clear that YOU told Seohyun to drink coffee because it’s good for studies!”

“When did… I never!” I retorted. Yuri gave me her dagger look.

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU? THIS IS SO UNLIKE YOU! We clearly heard that YOU told Seohyun to drink coffee instead of milk, and now YOU said that coffee is not good and Seohyun should drink milk instead? WHAT HAPPEN TO YOU?” she yelled at my face. I was dumbfounded, and the members were trying to calm the angry Yuri.

“Yuri, calm down!” Sooyoung said.

“No, I won’t! THIS Tiffany over here is NOT the same Tiffany we used to know! I don’t know YOU anymore!” Yuri snapped and ran out from the dorm. I stared into space helplessly while my mouth a gap opened. I just couldn’t believe Yuri was angry at me.

And just now I realized that I should act like Tiffany’s self, not myself.


-
 

I came to the dorm to do the cores. Besides that, I wanted to visit Dihoon. I heard she had awake. That’s good to know. When I almost about 6 cm away from the front door, I saw Yuri came out and ran towards me. I noticed her eyes were red.

She was crying.

Yuri saw me and ran towards me.

As soon as she arrived in front of me, she hugged me, tight.

She was sobbing.

“Yuri-ah, what’s wrong?” I asked her softly. She was still sobbing on my shoulder.

“Let’s just stay like this!” she whispered. Her sobbing still could be heard. It broke my heart.

Who made you cry like this, Yuri-ah?

“Tiffany…” she called.

Erk…

It couldn’t be she knew that I’m Tiffany, right?

“She’s changed…” she told me. I somehow felt half disappointed, half relieved. I didn’t even know why I felt like that.

“Yuri-ah…” I tried to break the hug and faced her, but she wouldn’t let go.

“Let’s just stay like this…” she whispered with her husky voice.

I melted.


-
 

The members were out for their schedule. Manager oppa had been nagging me non-stop about the incident where I took the punch for Dihoon, err, I meant the real Tiffany.

He asked if I’ve ever taken medicine. I looked at him confusedly. If he asked about the medicine when I was discharged from the hospital after the accident, then it’s yes. So I answered yes.

He said “good” while showing thumbs up, like I’m a kid.

Yuri hadn’t come back home after our argument. I knew it was part of my fault, but why must she stay mad like that? Like I had committed any crime!

The members told me to not take it seriously about Yuri, so I simply shrugged it off.

Then, I received a phone call.

It’s Tiffany!

“Hello!” I picked up.

“Dihoon…”

“Hmm…”

“What have you done to Yuri?” she asked. Somehow, I felt I was accused.

“What? I didn’t do anything!” I defended myself. Although I couldn’t see her, I could sense that she was glaring at me by now.

“Yuri came to me and guessed what? She was crying! She said something about you and I believed, you made her upset!” she raised her voice. I was dumbfounded.

“What…” I felt so small in her eyes. I was lost for words. I my lips and tried to think of words that could explain the real situation.

“You don’t know anything!”

“Of course I did, and you made her upset! That’s it!” She continued to yell. I hoisted by her high pitching voice.

“Look, you accused me without knowing the situation! I hang up!” I hung up.

I felt so upset by her accusation, for the first time!
 

-


Gosh, I felt so embarrassed!

I didn’t know what I was doing, until my sob subsided. And that’s when I realized.

I’ve been hugging Dihoon!

I was looking for a comfort being in her arms. It felt so good, yet not right!

It’s not the first time I felt like it, yet I felt frustrated because of it!

Why would I hug Dihoon? I hated her so much though.


When my tears subsided, I broke the hug. I looked and saw that the one I had been hugging with was Kang Dihoon – my biggest rival!

She had been so close with Tiffany, and it brought a feel of envy in my heart. Somehow, Tiffany chose to spend most of her times more with Dihoon than us – the members!

“I’m sorry,” I uttered. I couldn’t look straight in her face, because I was so embarrassed.

“No, it’s okay!” Her voice was gentle. I liked this side of her.

I was being a fool for hugging her, but I felt Tiffany’s presence in her. She was giving me comforts that I used to get from Tiffany.

Why would I felt that way?



I had decided on something – it’s now or nothing!

I knocked, and I heard a reply.

“Come in!” the voice from inside said.

I took a deep breath before I twisted the door knob and enter the bedroom.

I saw Tiffany was sitting on her bed. As soon as she saw me, she stood up immediately.

“Oh Yuri, you’re here?!” Somehow I could sense she was uneasy.

“Tiffany, there’s something that I wanted to say”

 “What is it?” She was looking at me.

“Tiffany, I…


















…like you!”

Her eyes were wide enough to pop out soon!

 

TBC



Hi guys, I’m back, for good!
I just finished exam yesterday, and it was the last day of school for this year.
I’m going to miss 2013!
So, I have quite a long free time, and I think to finish this story soon.
It depends on my hard work ;)
YulTi’s relationship… IS COMING!!!
Please drop your comment, and to new readers please subscribe and enjoy your reading!!!