14

When Fate Plays Its Role (Doubtful Fate)

Most of you didn't like the fact that Tiffany and Dihoon switched bodies, eh?!
I was kinda disappointed though. Nevertheless, I finished this story.
I changed the plot at the last minute - it's all for my readers' sake!
You guys miss the real Tiffany in her own body?

ME TOO :P
Let's proceed, shall we?

 


 

Chapter 14

 

“No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again”

 

Tiffany wanted to open her eyes, but the bright light was hurting them. So she chose to close them again for a while and opened it. Her vision had gotten clearer.

She was lying down in an unfamiliar surrounding. She tried hard to remember what happened, but she couldn’t. White was everywhere. That’s when she noticed – she’s in the hospital.

“You’re awake!” a voice said. She tilted her head and found her best friend, Jessica.

“Jessie…” I called while quickly sat up.

“Oh my God, thank you! You saved Tiffany!” she covered with her palm. She was grateful and Tiffany noticed Jessica’s eyes were teary.

“Tiff, I miss you!” she hugged Tiffany. The latter could hear that the girl was sobbing while non-stop saying thank you.


-
 

The members rushed to see me when they heard from Jessica that I had awoken. I just couldn’t understand a thing. What had happened?

And where’s Dihoon?

Taeyeon was the first one to approach me. Her eyes were teary, and I couldn’t describe how much I missed this kid leader.

“You’re awake, thank God! I’m glad you make it!” she uttered gratefully. I frowned.

After Taeyeon, followed by Sooyoung, Sunny, Yoona, Seohyun, Hyoyeon and lastly Yuri.

Yuri hugged me tightly. I could sense that she’s crying. I rubbed her back.

“Don’t cry. I’m here – save and sound!” I assured her.

Suddenly I reminded of something.


“Tiffany, I…

…like you”



It felt so real. She then broke the hug. But before she let go of my hand, I had to ask her something.

I was curious!

“Where’s Dihoon?” I asked her, almost pleadingly.

She frowned, probably didn’t like the name Dihoon slipped out from my tongue.

“Dihoon…who?” she asked me back. Her face was showing confusion. I frowned. Did she do that because she doesn’t like Dihoon and pretended to not know Dihoon’s existences?

“Where is she?” I asked her again. Yuri was frustrated much.

“Who is she?” she answered my question with another question.

“But really Tiffany, who is Dihoon?” Jessica tried to talk with me.

Jessica too?!

“Kang Dihoon, don’t you guys know her? Where is she?”

“Who is Kang Dihoon?” Hyoyeon asked me. I frowned even more. Why did the members act like this?

But before we could continue further, a doctor cut us off. He tried to examine me.

Soon after that, I felt sleepy and then drifted to sleep.


-
 

“Tiffany! Tiffany! Steph! Stephanie!” I heard someone called for me. The voice sounded so familiar.

“Stephanie, wake up!” there the voice go again.

Even if it’s hard, I tried hard to open my eyes.

As soon as I opened them, I saw a man’s figure! He had a tall figure and a good-looking feature. This man seemed so familiar.

But then it hit me.

I knew him, well. SO well to the point that I was willing give my everything to him.

Damian Kang – my ex boyfriend (fiction/random name)!

Not really an ex, because it was supposed to be my late boyfriend.

Wait? Does it mean that I’m in heaven?

“You’re still alive!” he said, like he read my mind. He just had a good sense.

He’s American-Korean.

“Now you know how to lead your life by yourself, right?” he asked me.

What? I was confused.

“Wait…does it mean Dihoon…”

“Yes, it was me all along! It’s just a play on my side!” he confessed. My mouth was a gap opened.

“It was YOU?”

He smiled meaningfully.

“I didn’t mean to play with you, but it was for the better. You need to move on!” he said.

“Do you mean…

















…Yuri?” He nodded.

“There’s someone else who loved you so much, and you need to see that!”


-
 

Taeyeon and Jessica were free. They didn’t have any schedule for the day, so they decided to visit me.

“When did I have an accident?” I asked in hesitant.

“Hmm, a week ago?” Taeyeon answered, but was it supposed to be a question. She looked awkward.

“No silly, I meant what was the exact date?” I chucked at her awkwardness.

“Hmm, on September 9th!” Jessica answered instead. She probably noticed that Taeyeon couldn’t answer well.

“Oh…” That’s just what I said.

September 9th? It was the date that I was supposed to meet Dihoon for the first time.

Fate really played with me, right? Damn you, Damian! You tricked me!

He knew so well.

“Hmm, Tiffany, there’s something we should talk about!” Taeyeon spoke up. I was startled by her voice because I was spacing out.

“Oh, hmm, just tell me already! What is it?”

“We are TRULY, like REALLY sorry! We didn’t mean to lie to you, but it was out of control,” Jessica voiced out. I stared at them, and they were fidgeting so much.

“We were frightening so much when you look at us in suspicion, so we decided to tell the truth. If you want, I would back off for you so that you can have Taeyeon all you want!” she said. I was surprised, as well as Taeyeon.

“Sica, what are you talking about? We never agreed on this matter?!” Taeyeon retorted.

“Wait, didn’t Taeyeon and I have broken up? Why would you back off?”

“Huh?” Their faces were confused much, almost caused me to laugh.

“Taeyeon and I had settle things, didn’t we? Why should you do that? Didn’t I explain enough to Taeyeon?”

They were looking at me like I was some crazy woman.

“Fany, I know that I hurt you. But I didn’t mean to…”

“I know, I know! “what happened to me and Jessica was a mistake. But then, it was my choice to be with her”, “Fany-ah, what I’ve done to you was not intentional. It’s absurd”, “It’s not that I don’t love you, but my feelings for Sica are more special” were what you said!”

Taeyeon scratched her head and looked back and forth between Jessie and me.

“As long as I remembered, I have never said anything to you when we confessed what we did!” Taeyeon said. Then it hit me.

That’s was supposed to happen in my dream, not reality.

I snapped my forehead.

“Yah, why did you hit your forehead? It’ll just ruin your pretty face!” Jessica took my hand away and rubbed at the spot where I hit earlier. After doing that, she pecked my forehead.

Before she could go away, I grabbed her wrist.

“Jessie, I have forgotten what had happened between us. I missed you so much too, and please don’t leave Taeyeon because of me. I don’t think I loved Taeyeon as much as you do. You love her so much, don’t you? Then, don’t let her go! If you do, I’ll find you and I’ll kill you!”

It was enough to bring back our natural bond – the TaeNySic bond!