Eight.

Why does it have to be you?

 

"OMO! JUN SEE-AH!" You yelled as you threw open the door, wrapping your sister in a hug. "Unnie! Hi~" She sang. "What are you doing here?"
 
"Oh, right. Good news! I'll be living in Seoul from now on! Omma bought you and I an apartment to live in together not too far from here." Jun See said excitedly.
 
"Chincha? I swear, if you're lying to me right now I'll-nevermind. That's amazing! Come in," You told her, closing the door.
 
You walked to the living room and sat down on the armchair, Jun See laying lazily on the loveseat. "I'm serious, as long as we pay the rent on time the place is all ours." 
 
"That's great! I was going to go out and start looking for an apartment for myself today. You seriously have great timing." You said, happy you didn't have to scour the classifieds for available apartments.
 
"Oh, no problem. My stuff is already there, I called dibs on the bigger room and I won't apologize. You can bring your stuff over whenever you want. You've only got a month left in this house right?" She asked, you laughed at her little 'dibs' comment and nodded. Sure Jun See was only ten minutes younger than you but between your personalities, it could be ten years.
 
"Well, I guess I'll have to call a moving truck or something in a few days and start packing." You said, more to yourself than to Jun See.
 
"I can help you pack if you'd like, unnie!" She suggested. You were busy trying to see when you'd have spare time to pack and took a minute to register what Jun See said. "Oh, that'd be great! Just not today. I have a ton of work to do, I have to come up with new designs for the boy's clothes by the end of today so I can send them into managment." You said, sighing.
 
"The boys? You work for a male idol group? I would've thought you'd work with SNSD or something, cool! Who's the group?" Jun See asked.  When she'd called you last week you told her you got the job but didn't tell her who you worked for.
 
"I'm a stylist for EXO." You said casually, already knowing Jun See would freak out. She's been a fan of EXO since you showed her who they were at your cousin's wedding.
 
"NO.FREAKING.WAY!!! Both subgroups?!" You nodded. "OMO, THAT'S AMAZING SUN YEE!! Do you have a bias? Are you guys close? Have any of them confessed their undying-" "JUN SEE! Breathe, I'll tell you everything." You said, interrupting her questions before they started to get outrageous.
 
Then you explained every last detail to her; how you met Tao, Sehun, Kris and Chanyeol on the bus on your way home from your cousins wedding, how Chanyeol hated you at first, how he caught you dancing, how you fell for him, how close you were with the others and how your feelings for Chanyeol were one-sided.
 
"One -sided? No way. I don't believe it, if Chanyeol lets you sleep in his bed and borrow his clothes there's no way in hell he doesn't feel something for you, maybe he just hasn't realized it yet." Jun See said, shaking her head.
 
"Whatever, believe what you would like to believe. I'm gonna shower, change and then get to work on those designs. You can stay as long as you don't bug me while I work." You informed her, getting up and walking out of the living room.
 
"Unnie?" Jun See called, you turned around. "I'm glad we get to be together again. I missed my twin sis."
 
"I feel the exact same way, Jun See. Welcome back."
 
 
-The next day-
 
"NOONA! Why are you so-whoa. You're not noona...but you look like  her." Sehun said when Jun See entered the practice room. "That's because we're twins." She said lightly.
 
"Twins? OH. You must be Jun See! Noona talks about you a lot." Sehun said, holding out his hand. "And you must be Sehun. It's nice to meet you!" Jun See said with a smile, shaking his hand. "Does noona talk about me too?" He asked eagerly.
 
"Ani, mianhae. Sun Yee mostly talks about Chan-" "YAH!" You yelled, covering Jun See's mouth, heat rising in your cheeks.
 
"I'm sorry Chan-who?" Kris said, a smirk on his face. The others all turned to look at you, amused.
 
"Chan~YEOL! Because Sun Yee and Chanyeol are a happy happy couple~" D.O sang, the others all began to chant 'happy happy couple' while you gave Jun See a death glare.
 
"So you talk about me, jagiya? Wah, that makes oppa so happy!" Chanyeol said, snaking an arm around your shoulder. "W-when did you even stand up?!" You asked him, peeling his arm off your shoulder.
 
You turned to the still-chanting EXO. "I will destroy all of you if you don't shut up with the chanting." They laughed at your petty threat and started chanting louder.
 
"THAT'S IT, THE NEXT PERSON TO CHANT HAPPY HAPPY COUPLE WILL GET A KICK TO THE FAMILY JEWELS AND NO FOOD OR BUBBLE TEA FROM ME EVER AGAIN." You yelled to be heard over the chanting. They all immediately stopped. Chanyeol was still laughing.
 
"Aish, this pabo. Keep laughing and I'll never let you hug me again, greaseball." You mumbled. "What? No~ Sun Yee, don't take my skinship privelages away~" Chanyeol whined, making you laugh. 
 
"Then shut up and go back to practicing, will ya?" You asked, pushing him playfully. "Arasso, omma." He said, walking towards the others with a smile dancing across his lips.
 
You sat down beside Jun See, leaning your head back against the mirrors. She tried to talk to you, but the music started playing and the boys began to dance, and you were gone. Off in lala land, watching Chanyeol dance. It's been a while since you and Chanyeol went to the practice rooms at night and danced together because his day schedule was always so hectic, you missed dancing with him.
 
Jun See eventually figured out there was no way to get you out of your trance so she just sat there, watching the boys as well. She was after all a fan of EXO, and this was like a dream come true to her.
 
-
"Whoa, noona...Your house is so big!" Tao exclaimed as he walked through the front door, carrying a bunch of empty boxes. "I know, that's why I'm excited to leave, this is way to much for one person." You said, taking off your shoes. 
 
The rest of EXO and Jun See trailed in behind him, all carrying a bunch of empty boxes. "You have the rest of the day off yet you're using it to help me. Aigoo, so strange. Set the boxes down by the stairs here." You said, setting your own stack of boxes beside the steps. You reached inside the box and grabbed a roll of red stickers labeled "SELL" and a roll of plain blue stickers.
 
"Okay, so I'm gonna put these red stickers on everything that stays here to be sold and everything that has a blue sticker is too big to fit in a box and has to be put in the moving truck individually." You told everyone,  setting off to the living room.
 
You placed "SELL" stickers on all the super fancy stuff you knew you and Jun See would ever touch as well as on the firm, way too expensive looking sofa's you refused to bring to the apartment. It took you  a good twenty minutes to place stickers on everything but eventually you'd finished. 
 
Basically everyone was downstairs, putting movies in boxes, plates, cups, that kind of thing. You toook a few boxes and headed up to your room. You opened  your dresser and neatly placed all of your clothes in boxes in order. You made sure your undies and stuff was at the very bottom of a box, placing jeans and overtop. Once you'd completely emptied them, you headed for your closet.
 
You grabbed virtually everything in there and threw it in a big box labeled "TRASH". This consisted of all of your old, big baggy clothes. With a sigh, you taped up the box and placed it by the door once you'd put all that hideous stuff away. You smiled lightly to yourself, happy that you were finally moving on with your life. Forgetting about the past awful five years spent in this house and focus on the good times ahead, with Jun See and EXO.
 
Just then, there was a knock at your door. You turned around to find Chanyeol leaning against the doorframe. "Can I come in?" He asked, already doing so and closing the door behind him.
 
You laughed. "Why do you even bother asking if you're just gonna do it?" You mumbled. "So you don't yell at me for not having the decency to knock."
 
"Weirdo. Anyway, what's on your mind?" You asked. "You always manage to know when I've got something on my mind, huh? I came to check on you, to see if you were doing alright. I know you've lived here your whole life and yeah." Chanyeol said, trailing off. 
 
"Don't worry, Yeolie. I'm actually happy to be leaving this place, it's weird being in a house this big all by yourself, you know? Not to mention a lot of bad things happened to me here so I think it'll be good for me to finally leave, if I leave I think I'll be able to put all the bad memories to rest and move on with my life." You said, smiling reassuringly at Chanyeol. "But.." You continued. "There's one thing I've been putting off since appa died. Since he left everything to me, I never bothered going through any of it...Do you think you could come with me to his study? I don't think I can be in there all alone."
 
This time Chanyeol gave you a ressuring smile. "Yeah, I brought some boxes when I came up in case you needed more. I'll be here for you the whole time."
He said, holding out a hand for you. Instead, you gave him a hug. "Yeolie, thank you for being my friend. I don't think I'd ever be able to be as happy as I am now if you weren't around. I'm glad to have you here for me when I need it, really I am." He returned the hug, holding you tightly.
 
"I'll always be here for you, don't worry. If you're really grateful though, you could come to the practice rooms with me tonight. We never get to dance together anymore, I miss it." He suggested, rubbing your back. "Okay!" You replied almost instantly, making you both laugh.
 
Too soon to your liking Chanyeol pulled away and held his hand out again. "Come on, let's get this over with." You clasped your hand in his tightly, getting slightly nervous about what you were going to do. You and Chanyeol grabbed a couple of boxes that he'd left in the hallway and you led the way to your father's study, pulling him along.
 
You sighed deeply as you stood in front of the door, your hand hesitating on the knob. You were starting to shake, recalling all of the memories of your father again. Just like he had that day at the hospital, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around you after setting the boxes on the ground. "Sun Yee-ah, you've got to do this. I know it'll be hard to so much as look at his stuff but if you don't, you won't be able to move on. I'm right here, you don't need to worry about a single thing." Chanyeol said, squeezing you tight.
 
You pulled away and smiled. "Thanks, Yeolie." With a deep breath, you turned and opened the door. The room wasn't very big, it was clean and simple. A desk, computer, bookshelf, a basic home office.  It was what was on top of the bookshelf and all over the walls that made you cover your mouth. All throught this house, your father disallowed even a single photo on any wall after your mother and Jun See left. 
 
However in his office, there were photos of you and Jun See winning various talent shows in elementary and middle school, photos of you and Jun See in general, photos of the four of you; your mother, father, Jun See and you. "He...He never got rid of these pictures." You said quietly, barely above a whisper. You picked one of the pictures off the wall. It was of your father and you when you were about twelve years old. The two of you looked so unbelievably happy.
 
Sure, you wished your father was still here and everything was okay, but that would never happen. It was useless being pained over it, because no matter how upset you were, he still wasn't going to come back. You were a woman already, you didn't need to rely on your father. So instead of crying and wishing for those memories back, you smiled because they happened. Nothing lasts forever and it's important for people to know that, that is what you believed since the divorce happened and you still believed it now.
 
"You alright?" Chanyeol asked, interrupting your thoughts. You looked up at him and smiled. "Yeah, I'm done feeling upset about my father. I've forgiven and forgotten the man he's been these past five years, instead I'll honor the memory of the wonderful man he was before that happened. Even after the divorce he was still the same man, just deep down. So deep, he lost track of it himself. I think I'll keep all these pictures, for memories sake." You told him, grabbing a smaller box.
 
"You're an amazing girl, you know that?"
 
"W-What?"
 
"I didn't say anything."
 
"YAH, Park Chanyeol. What did you say?!"
 
"I said hurry up and put the pictures away."
 
"No you didn't!"
 
"Maybe not, but I said it now so do it!"
 
"Don't tell me what to do, pabo. This is MY house."
 
"Your father's company's house actually."
 
"YAH!"
 
"Hehe."
 
"Can't you just tell me I'm amazing again?"
 
"Aha! So you did  hear me say it."
 
"Say what?"
 
"That you're an amazing girl."
 
"HA!"
 
"Aish, you....!"
 
"You're pretty amazing too, Yeolie."
 
"W-what?"
 
"You're pretty amazing too."
 
"Seriously?"
 
"Seriously."
 
 
 
Author's Note
Bleh, akward ending hehe. So I'm really sorry that this update came way later than I said it would. It's just that this is the fourth time I've written it because my computer likes to crash on me at random moments in time and AFF has no chapter recovery so I had to keep doing it over and over again. This time I made it longer than it was orignally so yay! What do you guys think of Jun See? Were your guesses of who was at the door in the previous chapter wrong? If so, haha. >:] To make up for the late update, have some pictures/gifs of Chanyeol featuring commentary by me. 
 
RUN BAEKHYUN, RUN!
 
 This is my favorite gif of Chanyeol, ever.
Also, have this cute gif of Kris that melted my insides! c:
 
Well, until the next update!