Twelve.

Why does it have to be you?

"Mwo? G-girlfriend?!" You sputtered, unable to fathom the question that had just left Chanyeol's mouth. "Ah, I should probably explain myself, huh? Well basically, I went home today only to find out the girl that lives next door to me has come back from studying in Tokyo and is now a fan of EXO. Would you like to take a guess at who her bias is? Me, that's who. She kept trying to hit on me and I was getting really freaked out so I told her I had a girlfriend." Chanyeol said, pausing for a second to take a breath.

"She then asked me about said girlfriend and I told her she's a trainee at SME. Turns out the whole time I was scrambling to make up this story, my mom was standing in the doorway listening in. Long story short, I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend and come to my house with me next week." He finished. You blinked at him. 

Disappointment  was coursing through your body at the fact that it would be fake, but you masked it with frustration and smacked Chanyeol in the head with the book you were reading earlier. "Pabo. Why didn't you just tell your mom the truth when your neighbor went home?!" You snapped.

Chanyeol let out a heavy sigh and looked you right in the eyes. "I'm sorry, Sun Yee-ah. It's just that my mom was so happy, she started talking about how she was going to cook a lot of food and couldn't wait to meet you. I just didn't have the heart to tell her that I was lying about it. Please?" He begged. "Why do I have to do it? Why does it have to be me?" You asked.

"Because, if I were to have to call anyone my girlfriend, I'd pick you." He said. You quickly looked away to hide your blush. "Fine. What are you supposed to do if she tells someone, though?" You asked after you'd regained enough composure to look at Chanyeol again. "Oh, well I mentioned it to manager hyung and he yelled at me, but said that it couldn't be helped and got the OK from your manager and Mr.Lee." He said, you laughed as the image of Chanyeol getting yelled at by his manager flew into your head.

"Okay, okay. I'll do it."  You agreed. Canyeol  his fist into the air and turned to wrap you up in a hug. "You are amazing. I don't think I tell you that enough." He said after pulling away. "I know I am, believe me." You said in a cocky tone, flicking your hair like the snob you most definitely were not.

"Oh and Sun Yee?" He called. "What is it?" You asked. He hesitated for a moment before replying. "Well, the thing is..You can't tell anyone we aren't actually dating."

"So I have to be your 'girlfriend' basically 24/7 until this creepy neighbor of yours backs off?" You asked, Chanyeol nodded. You didn't want to mention the fact that you were perfectly alright with this, because you didn't want him to know how you felt. At the same time, you really wanted the relationship to be real, but you were to afraid to actually confess.

Out of nowhere, Chanyeol grabbed your hand and pulled you out of his room and to the living room where everyone was. He made sure to stand directly in front of the TV so he had everyone's attention. "Guys, I need to tell you something." Chanyeol said, smiling brightly. "What?" Chen said, voicing everyone's curiosity.

"I confessed to Sun Yee and now we're dating!" He exclaimed, holding up your entwined hands for everyone to see. Immediately, Jun See hopped up from her seat. "I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT. I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN EVENTUALLY, YOU GUYS ARE NUTS OVER EACH OTHER. FINALLY!" She yelled, jumping up and down.

You started blushing like mad and Chanyeol laughed, letting go of your hand and instead putting an arm around you. "I'd like to take this moment to vote for best-matched couple of the year. Rapper and rapper, together as one."  Yixing said, wiping a nonexistent tear from his eye.

"You are so stupid."

-One Week Later-

You stood in front of your closet, wearing a blue bath robe, trying to choose an outfit to wear to Chanyeol's parents house. After about ten minutes of just standing there, shifting your weight from side to side, you finally settled on a hot pink dress with little white flowers on it. You grabbed a pair of black flats as well as a cardigan and walked back into your room to get dressed.

As for your hair and makeup, you stayed simple, leaving your hair in it's naturally straight state and applying light eyeliner, mascara and pink lip gloss to finish your look. Giving yourself a quick look in the mirror, you headed out of your room to find Chanyeol sitting in the living room on the sofa. Once he saw you, a smile spread across his face and he walked over to give you a hug.

"You look beautiful as always, my lovely girlfriend." He said, wiggling his eyebrows. "And you look rather handsome yourself, my silly boyfriend." You said, giggling. "Oh, come on! I complimented you!" He whined. You pouted at him mockingly and eyed him once again. He was wearing a white button-down shirt untucked over a pair of dark blue skinny jeans. He had sneakers on his feet and his hair was a mess. You stepped closer to him in order to try and make his hair look a little neater and smiled at the result.

It was only then that you realized how close a proximity your faces were in. Quickly, you took a step back and avoided his eyes. Chanyeol just smirked and grabbed your hand. "Come on, let's go." He said quietly, leading you to the door. Jun See was currently off hanging out with Gia.

You hopped inside your car and listened carefully to the directions Chanyeol gave you, making sure you didn't get yourselves lost trying to find his house. The ride was quiet, but it was a very pleasant silence. As you realized you were getting close, you began to get nervous and bit your lip, drumming your fingers against the steering wheel.

"Sun Yee, it's alright. You don't need to be nervous, I'm telling you. My parents are going to love you." Chanyeol said reassuringly, as if reading your thoughts. You were pretty grateful for this, he seemed to always know when you were nervous or upset about something. You took your right hand off the steering wheel and grasped onto Chanyeol's. He smiled and rubbed his thumb along the back of your hand, causing butterflies to flutter around happily in your stomach.

On Chanyeol's word, you pulled into a beautiful home of quite the nice size and parked your car. Chanyeol went around to your side and opened the door for you, which you found kind of funny considering it's usually the guy going to the passenger's side, not the driver's side. Regardless, you took Chanyeol's hand and walked with him up the driveway to his front door, having him holding onto your hand tightly kept the nerves away.

He rang the bell and not long after, it opened to reveal a woman who was probably in her late forties, early fifties. "Omo, Chanyeol-ah! You didn't tell me your girlfriend was this beautiful!" She gushed upon seeing you, already waving the two of you inside. Chanyeol looked at you and smiled. "She's really something, isn't she?" He said quietly. You blushed at his words and giggled before looking back to the woman.

"Hello, Kang Sun Yee-imnida. It's nice to meet you!" You said with a smile and a bow. You really were happy to meet Chanyeol's family. "Hi there, Sun Yee! It's nice to meet you too, I'm Chanyeol's mother." She said with a big smile. Already, you could tell where he got his energy and optimism from.

"Come in, come in." She ushered. Chanyeol pulled you along behind his mother and brought you into the kitchen, where a tall man was just getting up to put something in the sink. When he turned back around and saw you and Chanyeol, hand in hand, he smiled. "What a well-matched couple," He said, walking over to the two of you. "Hi, it's nice to meet you. I'm Chanyeol's father." He said politely, holding out a hand. You shook it with your free hand and returned the smile. "Abeoji, this is my girlfriend Sun Yee." Chanyeol said proudly.

"It is very nice to meet you Sun Yee. Please, have a seat. I'm sure the food will be ready soon." He said, you walked to the table and were about to take a seat along with Chanyeol when a door slammed and loud footsteps sounded from a distance. They came closer and eventually, a teenage girl appeared in the kitchen, arms crossed and pouty. "So I take it that's your girlfriend's car that's parked out front?" She sneered, spitting out the word 'girlfriend'.

You looked at her with your head cocked to the side, waiting for her to notice that you were right there. When her eyes fell on you, formed an 'o'. "Well, I wasn't expecting you to be so pretty. My name's Jeong Yujin." The girl said both informally and impolitely. "Yah, Yujin. I won't have you come in here the way you did and speak so disrespectfully to my girlfriend, that was totally uncalled for." Chanyeol said, giving the girl a warning look.

"Sorry, unnie. I'm told I can be a little extreme sometimes, I should have tried to be nicer." She said, surprisingly in a sincerely apologetic tone, bowing. Is this kid bipolar or something? You thought to yourself. A moment later, Chanyeol's parents came back in. "The food is ready guys, come on, sit down." His mother said,eyeing Yujin carefully.

This is going to be a long dinner.

 


Author's Note

Gosh, you guys probably hate me for making it seem like Chanyeol was really asking her out in the last chapter, mian! I'd love to know what you think is going to happen with this new character! Leave a comment and let me know what you think!