Five.

Why does it have to be you?

Nervous and shaking, you stood outside the hospital room door where your father was resting. You were nervous and scared and about to cry again when a warm arm wrapped itself around your shoulder. Startled by his sudden action, you turned so you were facing Chanyeol and gave him a questioning look.

"Wae? You just looked like you needed some comfort, don't look at me like that." He mumbled, using the arm he had placed around you to rub his neck. You shook your head and gave him a hug. "Mianhae. I was just wondering how you went from hating my guts to being so caring in an instant. I don't know why you did it, but thank you. I really didn't like not being able to get along with you, and getting mad at you so easily and saying and doing such cruel things. Mianhae.." You apologized, resting your head on his shoulder.

He slightly pulled away so he could look at you. "I wonder a bit myself as to why I behaved like that before too, you know. I think it just made me upset that you chose to dress so frumpy and let your hair be messy all the time, not to metion hiding your face behind those glasses. I felt like it was a waste and I was irritated that I couldn't tell what you looked like. But then I heard the boys yelling at you about your bruises, and realized that you were the girl I'd seen in the practice room when I saw you there the second time. When I came to that realization, I just wanted to be around you..to get closer to you and figure out what makes you tick. Besides, you looked like you were upset even though you were dancing to an upbeat song, so I figured it must have something to do with my visit to your house. Your father didn't look so happy to see us, and that's when I noticed the bruises. I knew they must have been from today because they were only just starting to get purple and there was more than last week. I wanted to cheer you up, so I suggested we dance together and it worked..until you got that phone call. How can I possibly be rude to you when you're going through this? Now that I know, I don't think I'll ever be able to be like that to you anymore. It was tirig anyway, I don't like being mean. Now, you need to go in there and face your father. I'm right here with you so don't worry, okay?"

You blinked a couple of times at his explanation and gave him a nervous smile. "Thanks, Chanyeol..that means a lot." With one last squeeze, he turned you around and pushed you towards the door.

When you opened it, your father was already awake, looking towards the door as Chanyeol closed it behind himself. "Sunyee..I didn't think you would come.."

Your father looked weak, so very weak. When you had gotten to the hospital the doctor told you he was in a very fragile state and the surgery hadn't done much. The damage was mainly internal, and there was nothing they could do but give him an anesthetic to numb the pain, and let him live out the last minutes of his life peacefully.

Looking at him brought you to tears, by the time you'd walked over to your father you were taking sharp, jagged breaths. "A-appa...I'm so sorry appa."

"Sunyee, what on earth do you have to apologize for? Aigoo, this silly daughter of mine. I'm the one who should be saying sorry, Sunyee. I've been a horrible father to you these past few years and of course, it has taken me five years and a  nearly fatal accident to realize it. You must hate me by now..I just didn't want anyone to take you away, you were all I had left and I couldn't bear it if I lost you too. Little did I know I lost you the first time I raised my hand against you. I know how terribly you miss your mother and Jun See and I was wrong to keep you from them as well as keep you from your music, the one thing you love most in the world I took away from you. I'm so sorry, Sunyee.." Your fathers breath grew short as you took your hand in his.

"Appa, it's okay. Don't worry about any of that anymore..I love you, appa. I'll be here with you until the very end, okay?"

He simply nodded and turned to Chanyeol, who was standing at the doorway awkwardly. "Hey, young man..You were at my house earlier today, correct? I'm sorry for being so rude. What is your name?" Chanyeol looked completely taken aback but walked closer to your father and spoke nonetheless.

"Park Chanyeol imnida..It's nice to meet you sir." He said with a smile as he noticed how alike you and your father looked. 

"Sir? Please, you make me feel old. I have a favor to ask you Chanyeol...can you promise to protect my Sunyee? I worry about her terribly and you seem like someone I can put my trust into. Take care of her and make sure she stays happy and works hard to prusue her dream, the dream I've kept her from all these years. If she so chooses, stay with her forever. She's a wonderful girl and I think you two match well together, you have my blessing..remember that." He whispered the last part into Chanyeol's ear, making sure you didn't hear. He did it so swiftly you hadn't even noticed, for that matter.

"Appa..I'll miss you. Promise me when you're in heaven, you won't ever forget about me. I love you and I forgive you for what you've done. I'll live out my dream for the both of us, so you have to promise to watch over me always!" You said, trying to hide how scared you were of the inevitable. 

A small smile creeped upon your father's lips. "Sunyee, I love you. Tell your mother I'm sorry.. and tell Jun See I'm sorry too..Make sure you live out your dream together, like you've always wanted..I'll be watching over you..." 

Slowly, the smile on his lips faded away and the steady rise and fall of his chest had ceased. The long beep of the heart rate machine filled the room, and you knew your father was gone.

"Appa... Goodbye."

 

 

 

Author's Note

Short chapter, boo. :( Sorry it was so sad, you guys. I admit I almost teared up a bit writing it. What do you think of Sunyee's dad's change of heart? Would you forgive him too? All along, everything he did was for Sunyee. :'( Please leave me lots of comments and subscribe! I feel like this story gets no love. Also if you were wondering, I have a ton of things planned for this story and it will be a long one so I hope you stick with it! I'll update again tomorrow hopefully. :) OH and sorry I took forever to update, I was really busy with school and stuff but now I'm on winter break so I'll update frequently! Kamsa~