One.

Why does it have to be you?

It was September and your father had left for a short business trip. Conveniently for you, it was also the day of your cousin's wedding. He had no clue because that cousin is on your mom's side of the family, and he doesn't involve himself with them.

Today was the first day in a while you could finally dress like a girl. You took off your glasses and ventured off into the back of your closet where you stashed all your girly stuff. Your father didn't notice it because it was behind a poster you had against the wall.

Grabbing a dress, heels, and some other accessories you headed into your bathroom and got ready. It felt extremely weird for you to wear heels because you've been wearing nothing but sneakers for about four years straight.

Once you'd finally finished you looked at yourself in the mirror. You were wearing a navy blue and white polka dotted dress that reached mid-thigh. It was supposed to rest a little above your knee but you bought that dress when you were fourteen. You grew quite a bit before you got out of high school. You were now standing at 180cm(5'11") which was much too tall for your liking.

You have really long legs as well, which is what makes the dress seem short. You noticed that when you wore heels you looked like even more of a giant so you settled for flats instead. You pinned your bangs back and put a navy blue headband in your hair. Your outfit was simple because you didn't have any girly outfits that still fit you and you wore your hair down. Normally you'd have to wear it so it was in messy looking braids because you had to be unpresentable 24/7.

Making sure you had everything one last time, you put on your sunglasses and stepped out of your house. As you walked down the street you got a lot of looks from male passersby and it was freaking you out. 

Finally you reached the bus stop at the end of your long street and it came not long after. The wedding was being held in a park on the other side of Seoul so the ride was kind of long.

---

"OMO, Sunyee! You actually came, I'm so happy! I can't believe you managed to get out of the house and you're wearing girl clothes, too! Wahh, look how tall you are too! Taller than my husband! Oh my-" 

"UNNIE. Breathe, please. That man is on a business trip so I was easily able to dress up like this and leave the house, I wouldn't miss your wedding for the world." You told her, she smiled like crazy. The wedding ended a while ago but she didn't notice you were there until the reception started.

"That's great! I have a surprise for you, follow me." You nodded and did as you were told, curiously following behind her and your jaw dropped as you saw two people you thought you never would again coming into view. She pointed them out and without hesitation you ran over.

"Omma!! Jun See! You guys are here?! I-I can't believe it!" You yelled, hugging them both tightly. Tears began to form in your mother and sister's eyes.

"Oh my...Sunyee, my baby girl! I missed you so much!" You began to cry with them.

"Unnie, I missed you! I hate that stupid man for not letting you live with us and I didn't want to go to America without you." Jun See said, sobbinng like crazy. She calls you unnie as a joke because you were ten minutes older than her but she was still your twin. "Aniyo, you didn't do anything wrong, it's okay."

You didn't care how bad it seemed that you didn't resent your mom and sister for leaving to America. Your father progressively came to lose himself in the couple of years leading to the divorce and unfortunately he gained custody of you. You didn't blame them for wanting to get away, you encouraged them to. However you also didn't tell your mom and Jee Sun about the things he did. No one could know about that.

---

You'd spent the whole reception catching up with Jun See and your mom. You found out your mom had a boyfriend and Jun See was almost finished college. You told them about yourself over the years as well, avoiding everything about your father. You even told them about how you got an interview to work for SM entertainment, of course not as an artist like you dreamed but just as a stylist.

Sadly the night came to an end and you had to hop back on the bus and go home. Your mother and Jun See had to catch their plane to America already because Jun See had classes the next day that she couldn't miss.

The bus ride was long and you fell asleep leaning against the window. 

"Omo" "What do we do?" "Do we wake her up?" "Waah,  so pretty!"

Hearing random voices around you caused you to stirr, and then wake up shortly after. When you opened your eyes four guys loomed over you. You blinked a couple of times to make sure you were seeing things correctly.

Standing over you was Tao, Kris, Chanyeol and Sehun of EXO. Your eyes widened at their sudden appearance. "Oh, you're awake noona! We just wanted to make sure you didn't miss your stop or anything, you've been sleeping for about half an your." Sehun said.

You blinked and looked out the window, realizing this was your stop and the bus was starting to move again. "WAIT, AHJUSSI THIS IS MY STOP!!" You yelled and stood up, the boys were taken aback by your height and you bowed to them. "Annyeong Tao, annyeong Sehun, annyeong Kris oppa, annyeong Chanyeol oppa! I'm a big fan and wish I could stay but this is my stop! Mian, bye!" 

Reluctantly, after that you turned and walked off the bus. As it pulled away you waved at the boys and they waved back. "What a strange noona" Tao said, the others nodded in agreement. "Strange but gorgeous, did you see how tall she was?! And she recognized us!" Sehun added. They talked about you until they reached their stop.

You took your time walking home, enjoying the sunset. As soon as you opened the front door you froze. Your father's shoes were on the ground at the door, meaning he was home.

You tore upstairs to your room and threw off your clothes, stuffing them behind the poster in your closet and changing into a baggy t-shirt and sweatpants. You took all the clips and the headband out of your hair, put your glasses back on and double-checked in the mirror to make sure you weren't missing something.

You tore down the stairs again to find your dad in the kitchen. "KANG SUNYEE, WHERE DID YOU GO WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?! WHAT MADE YOU THINK YOU COULD LEAVE BECAUSE I WAS GONE? ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE ME LIKE YOU MOTHER AND SISTER DID? YOU WERE PROBABLY OUT WITH A GUY WEREN'T YOU, DIDN'T I TELL YOU NOT TO GO OUT WITH GUYS?" He slurred a bunch of questions at you.

This is the way your father was, he would go to work and get drunk when he came home and take his frustrations out on you. "Aniyo, abeoji. I just went out for a walk around Seoul because I was bored cooped up in the house all day. How could I be with boys? No one would want to be friends with me, you made sure of that." You told him camly, even though you were scared sensless.

He didn't like that comment and slapped you straight across the face so hard your glasses flew off your face and lay cracked on the ground across the kitchen. He continued to slap and kick you and you started to cry uncontrollably. You always tried to act tough, but it never worked. You have always been extremely sensitive, especially when it came to pain.

Your weaknesses are always laid out on the table once someone says something rude to you, which got you bullied all throughout high school. They called you freak and nothing else until you graduated and beat up several times. You've never been able to escape the abuse.

Eventually your father stopped beating you because he passed out. You slowly got up and walked to your room, crying yourself to sleep.