Fourteen.

Why does it have to be you?

"Aishh!" You shouted in frustration. These past two weeks have been horribly frustrating. Chanyeol's been extremely busy with schedule, Hyun Ju had Appendicitis, and you've been getting that feeling of being watched wherever you went now, it began to make you paranoid and anxious all the time. Not to mention your schedule has been full nearly every single day.

Even still, that paranoia was getting so bad you've been staying in the practice room later than everyone else and have even spent the night a few times so you wouldn't have to feel like that again in the short period you're outside to get from the building to your car. The only time you went home was during the day with Jun See so you could shower and change.

You were trying to perfect the choreo to one of the songs appearing on your first mini-album, but you couldn't focus. You had this thought in the back of your mind, pushing it's way through and making the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Someone is taking time out of their day to follow me around, to watch me. Why? You hadn't bothered to tell anyone about this, because they would probably just wave it off.

A  fraction of you is convinced the person is just some crazed fan or paparazzi but deep down you know that there's no way that's possible. Sure, SUGAR has fans, but not many seeing as to they have yet to debut. No fan would go to such limits before your career as an idol is given the chance to start. The paparazzi wouldn't have anything to be interested in yet either.

Before you could confuse yourself any further, the muffled ring of your cell phone played from the side pocket of your handbag on the other side of the room. You ran over and fished it out on the very last ring. 

"Yoboseyo?" You answered, breathing out a sigh of relief that you answered in time. "Guess who." A deep voice sang from the other line, making you giggle.

"Hi, Chanyeol."

"Okay, now guess where I am."

"Um, I don't know...at the dorms?" You guessed, the line going dead shortly after. What the hell was that all about? You thought to yourself. "WRONG." A voice boomed from the doorway, once again trampling your train of thought and scaring you senseless.

Slowly you turned around and sure enough, Chanyeol was leaning against the door frame as he laughed at your reaction. "Man," He began after he'd calmed down enough to speak. "It is way too easy to scare you."

You glared at him. "Anyone would have been scared by that! Geez." You mumbled. "Well maybe, but that's not the point. I came to get you out of here." He said excitedly, ignoring your glare and grinning at you.

"Get me out? It's not like I'm a prisoner or something, pabo. I chose to be here." Chanyeol chuckled. "Obviously, but I'm getting you out anyway. You hardly ever see daylight anymore. Being the wonderful fake boyfriend I am, I decided to take you out on a date. Not to mention the fact that I haven't seen you in practically forever. I miss your nagging." He said, with a pout at the end of his sentence.

"It's only been two weeks..." You said, but the truth was that you missed Chanyeol and his date idea made you happy. Not the fake 'happy' you've been pretending to be for the last couple of weeks to mask your paranoia, just genuinely happy.

"Only?! Two weeks too long. We hardly get to see each other at all anymore because of our schedules. I really do miss you. Please say you'll go out with me?" He asked. 

You didn't even have to think about your answer, hearing what he said made you all fuzzy inside. "I um, I missed you too...and I guess I could spare a few hours, what do you want to do?" Chanyeol beamed once you said that you missed him. "Dinner first! I'm starving." He said.

"Can we do that after I change out of these sweats?" You asked, only now taking in your appearance. He let out a loud sigh. "Ugh, fine. I mean, I think you look okay but you won't listen to me, will you?" He asked. You giggled and shook your head in response.

--

Chanyeol no! What the hell? I don't want to watch this~" You whined as Chanyeol led you into the empty movie theater, not letting go of your hand. After you changed and had dinner, Chanyeol suggested the two of you go watch a new horror movies. You strongly disagreed but he dragged you along anyway.

You hated horror movies more than anything. As soon as you and Chanyeol sat down, you dragged your legs up onto the seat so you could rest your head on your knees. The movie started right away, no previews, no nothing. I guess these are the perks of being an idol. You thought idly.

The beginning of the movie was alright, it was towards the middle that got you going. The movie was American, called Sinister. There were Korean subtitles but you could understand most of the English anyway so you didn't really pay much attention to them. 

Author's Note!!

(The chapter isn't over. This is a summary of the entire Sinister movie for those who have not seen it and are too lazy to now. If you have seen it or don't want me to spoil it for you just skip the purple text.)

The movie is about a crime-writer who is beginning his latest book about a recent murder case, but he believes this murder is the work of a serial killer whose career dates back to the 1960's. He, his wife and two children move into the house where the most recent murder took place, although it is unbeknownst to the writer's family. The murder took place in the backyard, where the family that previously lived there was hung on a tree. The writer finds a box in the attic of Super 8 films disguised as home movies, and on each film is the different murders dated back to the 1960's. The weird thing about these murders is that one child from each family goes missing.

The cause of these murders is a demon called Bagul. The ones to commit the murders were the missing children, who were controlled by Bagul, each child slaughtering their family in a variety of brutal ways. After the writer watches these tapes, strange things start to happen. Randomly, after he's gone to sleep, the Super 8 machine will start up and play these videos, waking him up. Nothing comes of this, however. He simply shuts it off and sleeps once again. Until he started seeing those children. Appearing and disappearing in his house. 

Spooked by the occurring events, the writer burns the films, packs up his family and moves back to his old house. When he goes up to the attic to put away some boxes, he finds a box with the Super 8 films inside. After some more investigation he realized this was his mistake. In each murder case, the family was only killed after they left the house in which the previous murder took place. So by packing up and moving out, the writer caused his own demise. Just after he figured it out, he realized his coffee tasted funny, and seconds later passed out. His daughter was the one who made him the coffee, temporarily knocking him out.

The writer, his wife and his son were all tied up and placed in the living room. As soon as they woke up, she killed them with an axe and painted the walls of the house with their blood. Once she was finished, she left with Bagul to be with the other 'missing' children. 

 

Every time that demon's face appeared, you clung to Chanyeol. Actually, during most of the movie, you clung to Chanyeol. At some point you had repositioned yourself so you were closer to Chanyeol, who now had his arm draped around you protectively. You breathed a light sigh of relief as the movie ended, zooming out on that stupid box with the films in it. But before the credits came on, that demon popped his face in front of the screen, scaring the living crap out of you.

Chanyeol was laughing at your expense. He didn't seem to be bothered by the movie at all. All he said was, "I thought it was going to be the son. Totally got me."

"Never.Again." You stated, struggling to walk straight. Chanyeol started chuckling again. "You're adorable," He said. "You're impossible." You muttered. "Ouch, you're hurting my ego. If I buy you ice cream will you be less mad at me for making you sit through that?" He asked,  you nodded.

"Off we go,"

--

"So you're good to go in then?" Chanyeol asked. The two of you were standing outside of your apartment building. "Yeah, I'm fine." You said. "Oh, but before you go.. I only brought you to see that movie so I could have an excuse to hold you." He said quickly.

You blinked at him. You were still angry that he dragged you in there, but his reasoning was sweet. "I'm still mad at you." Sweet enough for you to forgive him, though? Nope, not today at least.

"Whatever, you're not all mad." He said flippantly. "Anyway, you should get inside. Night, Sun Yee. Don't let Bagul's minions find you in your dreams!" He said, already turning and running for the waiting cab.

You narrowed your eyes at his back. "Pabo!" You yelled, just before the taxi door closed. You still couldn't help but chuckle at his behavior though. He was just one of those people you couldn't stay mad at if your life depended on it.

Turning on your heel, you headed up to your apartment. You stepped into the living room, humming to yourself. Despite the horror movie, it had been a fun date and you were glad to see Chanyeol.Jun See was lying on the couch asleep, the TV on and playing reruns of Weekly Idol. You smiled as you imagined SUGAR standing on that very same set, goofing around.

It was hard to believe it would all be reality soon enough. With a small chuckle you shut the TV off and walked into your room. The window was open, though you swore you had left it closed before. As you walked closer to it, all the hair on the back of your neck stood on end. What you found was worse than any horror movie aftermath.

On your desk, right in front of the window was a note, messily scrawled on a pink piece of paper.

Try and avoid me all you want, Sun Yee.  No matter what you do, I am still going to be watching you, when you expect it, and when you least expect it.. You couldn't get rid of me if you tried. Oh, but I can definitely get rid of you. And I will of course, in due time... I'll be seeing you very soon.      PS- Beautiful room.                                                                                                                                                                                                

 

Author's Note (Again, ha)

Suspense! Den den DAHHHHH.

  I'm so sorry it's taken so long starting to write this chapter when a whole bunch of schoolwork was assigned, it also doesn't help that I was going through a sort of funk and didn't feel like doing anything whatsoever at the time, due to some personal things. Hopefully the next update won't be swept away by the unpredictable tidal wave of homework. I will try to update soon. :)

This chapter is just a filler, I am aware it's kind of bad but tell me what you think anyway? Love you guys!!!