(Finale) Strength

Time Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I know it's been more than a month since I've last updated, and I'm really sorry for that. I've been very busy lately and I couldn't find time nor inspiration to write stories. I hope you'll forgive me. I was running out of ideas and I don't know how to describe the feeling of not knowing what to write. This story has been dragged long enough and I thought it was time to finish it up. I'm unsure if the ending was abrupt. Anyone thinks that I should write one more closure chapter? Like one which includes the rest of the members? I hope I still have you readers with me, somehow :) If you want to read stories similar to mine, flock over to JarOfStories (who is also a Sky Blue Tales author) and check it out now. Sky Blue Tales stories are all listed in the description, if you don't know yet :)

[Tiffany's point of view]

{Date: 8 March 2018}
{Time: 23:46 KST}

I looked on worriedly as Taeyeon finally disappeared behind that door. Even after everyone was gone from that room, except for Toby, I couldn't look at him. All I could do was to look on the floor, my heartbeat was all messed up.

"Tiff..." Came the familiar low, husky voice. I swallowed my saliva, but I didn't reply. I could hear the friction between his shoes and the floor as he walked nearer to me. Subconsciously, I took a few steps back, and then the two of us stopped where we were. "Tiff, we need to talk."

"No. We don't."

"Come on, Tiff." He reached out for my hand but I retracted it once our hands came into contact.

"Toby." I finally looked at him, my eyes showing obvious signs of sadness and exhaustion. "I don't need to get my heart broken a second time. You didn't have to fly all the way here to make your point again."

"Is that really what you think of me?" Toby's eyes showed signs of hurt, but I couldn't understand why. He was the one who got tired of our relationship, wasn't it? "Those years of relationship. You think that it's all over for me just because of those words?"

"Toby Brandon. You're making yourself sound more and more like a jerk. Just because of those words? You were the one who told me that you can't be the person closest to me. And now you're making it sound like it was my fault?"

Toby let out a huge breath and I could see him clenching his jaw. "Okay. I don't want to make things worse. Can you please give me some time to tell you what I planned to tell you by coming all the way here?"

"Toby, I told you. I don't need to get my heart broken a second time. Whatever you said the other time, I get it."

"You're not even listening to me, Tiffany. I promise you that I'm not here to break your heart. Do I get a chance to properly talk to you if I promise you like this?"

I gave him a skeptical look as I bit on my lower lip. Letting out a sigh, I nodded. "Fine. Go ahead."

"Baby..." I couldn't help but to swallow my saliva when I heard him calling me like this again. "Would you look at me...?" Clenching my jaw, I found myself listening to him as I looked right into his eyes. "I want you to listen to every single thing I'm about to say. I mean it. Every single thing. Don't make any assumptions before you finish hearing me out. Can you...do that?"

"Yeah, I guess." I muttered.

"Thanks. First of all, I missed you." I could feel my nose turned sour when he said those words. I wanted to tell him that I missed him too. "The reason why I came here, despite all the work I have, is not to reiterate how much I want the...breakup. I'm here because I want to tell you how much I want you back." Want me...back? I blinked a few times as I slowly digested his words. "When I said that our relationship isn't helping, I didn't mean that I was tired of our relationship. Yes, I was tired because of our relationship, but I wasn't tired of our relationship. There's a huge difference between that two, Tiff. I can get tired often because of our relationship but I will never be tired of our relationship." I kept quiet as I stared blankly at him. "Y-you...are still with me right...?"

My stare softened into a gaze as those eyes of his somehow warmed my heart. "Yeah... Go on..."

"Tiff... I wouldn't just blindly apologise for prioritising my work, but I wanna apologise for not putting in enough efforts to make you understand me. I don't know if it's all too late, but I would still do it now, while you're right here with me. It's a fact that I prioritise my work, but Tiffany, it's also a fact that I prioritise you. You know, sometimes, people are just so used to having the person they love by their side that they overlook how important it is to always seek their understanding. I admit it, I'm one of these people, and I'm sorry for that. I didn't neglect you because I prioritised only my work, I neglected you because I forgot to remind you again and again that I prioritise you too, that you're so important to me..."

My tears began welling up as my emotions slowly got over me.

"I forgot to tell you, again and again, how much I love you. Tiff, you and I both know that you get insecure easily, and when you get insecure, you tend to make assumptions and then once you get all emotional...sometimes it rubs off on me and my temper would get out of hand. But I've never for once thought of breaking up. Believe me. Breaking up was never an option for me, even now. I...I don't know why I said those things that day... I don't know how to convince you that I didn't mean it... I was just frustrated and you kept assuming that I wanted a breakup and suddenly I felt so congested and I just..." Toby sighed as his gaze fell to the floor.

I still couldn't say anything, as I stood where I was, listening to his every word.

"Tiff..." His eyes met mine again. "I...I don't know if I've lost your heart. I don't have the courage to hear the answer from you. I don't have the courage to accept losing the only girl I've ever loved other than my own mother and sister... But... I do have to face this someday,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter