Stay

Time Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: Thank you for all the support for this fic because it has given me so much more encouragement to keep writing :) If you like the story, remember to vote it up! (; Keep the comments coming in too! I love knowing what you feel about the story. You can suggest what you want too. I may include it in the story if it fits :D Enjoy ^^

[Tiffany's point of view]

{Date: 7 March 2018}
{Time: 2:49 KST}

"Tiff can't you just. TIFF." ". Let go. You heard me Toby Brandon. LET GO!" I yanked my arm free as I glared at him. With strong and steady arms, he held me right there again and I couldn't move. "Let..."

"Stop avoiding my eyes and look at me." He cut my words short.

"Tiff." No, I was not going to do as he wished.

"Tiffany Hwang." His...voice.

"Baby look at me, please." I found my eyes slowly darting to his.

"You should know more than anyone. That anything can happen to us. Anything bad. But I will never let you go. I know it sounds cheesy and insincere. But you know just that one thing. I love you, Tiffany. I loved you since 3 years ago, I love you now, and I will always love you in the years to come. You know I mean every single word I've just said. You know it. So please, calm down right now. We don't have to do this." Tears welled up in my eyes as his words slowly got to me. I was shaking. My emotions were overflowing. I couldn't move. "Come here silly." I really couldn't move. He took notice, and instead, he walked towards me and pulled me into his arms. I started crying uncontrollably once he held me tight. I was crying so hard and suddenly, I couldn't breathe. In panic, I started gasping for air as I continued crying.

Finally I took in a huge breath of air and when I blinked, it was dark. I sat up and panted a little, still shocked. My eyes were tired, and I touched my face. It was wet with tears. Where was I...? I turned over to my left and saw the best friend's silhoutte. So...it was...just a dream...? My whole brain was occupied by Toby in that instant and even though I had already woken up from the dream, I started crying. I probably let out whimpers here and there trying to keep the crying sounds in. But it was so painful. I missed him so much. Nothing was going on well in my life. I lost my best friend. And then I lost my boyfriend. Just why. Why was it hurting so damn badly. I needed him. I needed her. I wanted to embrace them. But I've lost the two of them. ... Just it all... My emotions were torturing me as I couldn't even stop crying.

Suddenly, I heard a sudden sound of a swipe and with a click, the lamp between Taeyeon and my bed was switched on. Not knowing that Taeyeon was awake and definitely not wanting her to see me like this, I held my breath and lay back down on my bed, letting my blanket cover my face before the light shone in the room. Everything seemed to have stop for that few seconds. I didn't budge. Neither did she, I guess.

"Are you...asleep? (자...니?)" She asked, really softly. I swallowed my saliva but I didn't move. I heard her let out a breath and then I heard a click once more. The light went out. The room was all dark again and I could hear her settling herself in her bed. I really ought to sleep. I ought to try to sleep.

[Taeyeon's point of view]

{Date: 7 March 2018}
{Time: 2:49 KST}

I couldn't hold it any longer. *Click* In just a blink of an eye, I reached out without warning and the lamp between our beds and light suddenly filled the half of the room where we were at. I could hear her quickly moving, and indeed, when the light was ready, she wasn't sitting up on her bed any more. She obviously wasn't sleeping. Was she that naive to believe that I would be fooled when it was obvious that she just wanted to hide? But, whatever the case might be, I decided to let her be.

""Are you...asleep? (자...니?)" I asked, gently. As expected, she didn't reply. I sighed, pretty much unknowingly before I reached out to the lamp once again to turn it off. Did that one year damage our friendship so much, such that the Tiffany who used to tell me anything has now decided to even hide it from me? Was our friendship dead and gone...? I don't know. So many thoughts were running around in my head and I decided to let them be. I ought to sleep...

[Narrator's point of view]
{Date: 7 March 2018}
{Time: 13:18 KST}

The girls finally reached the private resort that Taeyeon's brother, Jiwoong, managed to get for them through his connections. "OH HOW I MISSED HAVING VACATIONS WITH YOU GIRLS!" Sooyoung exclaimed as she started being all exaggerating again, easily making the rest of her members laugh with her. They laid their things down really quickly and some of them changed into casual wear in no time and headed off to the beach. They had the beach all to themselves, much to their delight. Even though they were just clad in t-shirts or singlets and their shorts, not forgetting their shades, they would still be recognised anywhere as superstars. Afterall, they were once nicknamed South Korea's national girl group. The sun was shining so fiercely, yet it didn't take away a single bit of their energy. Maybe, just Jessica, given how lazy she was. "Aircon..." Came the familiar complaint by the "ice princess". "Oh Sica. Seriously." Hyoyeon counter-complained. Jessica returned her a really big smile before hooking hands with this good old friend. YoonA, Sooyoung and Yuri were in their own world near the water, splashing water at one another just like how kids would do. Well, these 3 kids would never grow up.

The 4 left within the resort was Taeyeon, Sunny, Tiffany and Seohyun. Tiffany and Sunny were busy playing with Bunny, Sunny's pet dog, in the living room. Seohyun was carefully unloading some of her items. Taeyeon, was in her room, well, the room that she silently claimed hers, using her phone. To be precise, she was trying to take a perfect selca to post onto Instagram for her fans. Ginger was comfortably snuggling up against her. It wasn't long before Sunny had Bunny securely leashed and she and Tiffany proceeded to join the girls. Tiffany looked out at the beach and got slightly concerned when her best friend wasn't in sight. She took a glance back and bit her lips slightly before going off with Sunny. Seohyun finished unpacking in no time too and knocked on Taeyeon's door. "Unnie, are you coming? They're all there." "Ah. Okay. You can go first. I'll join shortly!" Came the reply, and Seohyun decided to go off first.

Taeyeon lay on the bed, still using her phone.

*Text Message - 오빠 (Brother)*

Taeyeon: I'm here oppa! Thank you ^^ I love you! {13:30 KST}
Jiwoong: Okay~ Me too :) {13:34 KST}

*Line - ♥*

Terrence: Is it pretty there? {13:36 KST}
Taeyeon: Totally! {13:36 KST}
Taeyeon: -Image- {13:36 KST}
Taeyeon: Totally pretty right? {13:36 KST}
Terrence: Wow. I wish I could be there with you ㅠㅠ {13:37 KST}
Taeyeon: Nopeeeeee. It's time for my members. Hehe. {13:37 KST}
Terrence: Your members are always more important than me ㅠㅠ {13:37 KST}
Taeyeon: Hehe. I thought you didn't know. {13:38 KST}
Terrence: ㅡㅡ {13:38 KST}
Terrence: What are you doing now? Aren't you with them? {13:38 KST}
Taeyeon: Yeah. But I'm in the room by myself. {13:39 KST}
Terrence: ?? {13:39 KST}
Terrence: Why? {13:39 KST}
Terrence: Alone? {13:39 KST}
Terrence: Go and have fun with them! {13:39 KST}
Taeyeon: I'm worried about the awkwardness actually.. {13:40 KST}
Terrence: What's there to be worried about? Things will eventually be better by themselves. If you overthink, things may just get worse. Go and join them. Okay? {13:41 KST}
Taeyeon: Why are you chasing me away ㅠㅠ {13:42 KST}
Terrence: I'm not! {13:42 KST}
Terrence: I'll talk to you if you don't want to join them ^^ {13:42 KST}
Taeyeon: I'm kidding! Hehe. Okay okay. I'll go and join them. I'll text you again ♥ {13:43 KST}
Terrence: Okay~ ♥♥♥ {13:43 KST}
Terrence: Take care of yourself! ^^ {13:43 KST}

Taeyeon let out a sigh before standing up and then kept her phone in her back pocket. Instead of going straight out, she went to the kitchen while Ginger followed tightly behind. Grabbing a few bottles of cold water, she then finally went out to join the girls. The first person she approached was Jessica. "You finally decided to come out of your cave." Jessica teased. Taeyeon shot her a cold stare before handing her a bottle of cold water and using her eyes to gesture to her to pass the water to Tiffany. "And I thought you were so nice to me..." Jessica teased yet again, pouting a little. "This is for her. And this, for you. Don't be silly." Taeyeon passed her another bottle and smiled and Jessica couldn't help but to smile back. How glad was she to be on good terms with Taeyeon once again. She would do anything to prevent anything similar to their last fight from happening again. Taeyeon then went to Sooyoung and the 2 girls and gave them a bottle to share. Subconsciously, her eyes were turning to look at her best friend now and then, to make sure Jessica delivered the water to her.

Of course, Jessica did. "Hey thanks. Why the sudde(n)..." Tiffany was about to ask when she happened to look right into Taeyeon's eyes when Taeyeon was drinking. The two quickly looked away. "Nevermind." She decided not to ask. The reunion of the 9 girls was a beautiful sight. Nothing would look odd on the outside, but honestly, we were talking about the girls who had been together for so many years. No doubt, some of the girls were closer to one another as compared to the rest. But their bond as a whole was a really strong one. There was no way the rest of the members didn't know about the fight Taeyeon and Tiffany had. "Hey... They really quarreled right?" YoonA finally decided to ask. Turning to look around and making sure that the main characters were not near them, the three of them sneakily moved even further to talk.

Yuri: "I don't know... I feel that something's wrong between them."
YoonA: "I think so too. They weren't like that in the past right?"
Yuri: "They stuck to each other like glue for heaven's sake."
Sooyoung: "Maybe it's just the distance?"

Sooyoung obviously had no intention to reveal what she knew.

Yuri: "That's rubbish. Even I kept in contact with Fany."
YoonA: "I kept in really close contact with Sica unnie. She was one of the first people I told when I started dating."
Sooyoung: "And you told us last?"
YoonA: "NO. I told you first."
Yuri: "You said you told me first."
YoonA: "Oh. Haha... Wait. This isn't about me. Let's continue our original topic please."
Yuri: "Yeah yeah whatever. I didn't hear anything about them quarreling though. I mean, how am I suppose to know when Sica and Fany are both in the States. And seriously, how did they even manage to quarrel when they are in different countries...?"
YoonA: "They can fight over anything, Yuri unnie. Not like you don't know."
Yuri: "Oh, you're right. Ah I don't know."
Sooyoung: "Let's not guess... Maybe they are fine afterall. They've fought countless times and they patched up in no time."
YoonA: "Oh well. Maybe! Hey Sooyoung unnie look behind you!"

Sooyoung naively believed the younger one only to be splashed with water the moment she turned back to look at her. "SERIOUSLY YOONA!" Sooyoung wasn't going to let it go and started chasing YoonA as Yuri stood there laughing so badly. Hyoyeon and Jessica, on the other hand, finally had some time to themselves after not seeing each other for so long.

Hyoyeon: "It's been so long since we could really hang out! Like, the two of us!"
Jessica: "Yeahhhhhhh. I missed you so much Hyoraengi!"
Hyoyeon: "Oh anyway..."
Jessica: "Hmm?"
Hyoyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter