One Year Later

Time Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Date: 18 Feb 2018}

{Time: 19:50 KST}

 

[Taeyeon’s point of view]

 

This place… We have been here together all these years. The note on the door used to be ‘소녀시대 (Girls’ Generation)’. Now, it’s ‘김태연 (Kim Taeyeon)’. I’ve got no idea why, but it feels so empty inside.

 

This time last year, it was the day we first took on separate routes. It was the day we finally stopped contacting each other, totally… If we weren’t celebrities, I would probably have been able to get over our friendship more easily, although it wasn’t even easy in the first place. Those videos on our friendship all over the Internet weren’t helping.

 

I vividly remember the exact scene that day. The way I screamed at you. The way you yelled right back at me. The way tears streamed down my face. The way your voice trembled while your tears were choking you.

 

“Get out of my life.”

 

Those last words that I said to you… I had hoped that I’d never said them.

 

“I never wanted to be in it.”

 

And those last words that you said to me… I had hoped that you’d never said them.

 

“Taeyeon get ready to go in 10 minutes. I assume you have checked your mic.” The command from the PD broke my train of thoughts. “Ah yes. I’ll be ready.” I stood up and acknowledged his words.

 

Looking into the mirror to check my hair and outfit for one last time. When I was finally done, I looked at my own reflection, the me now without you by my side, and I muttered under my breath. “I miss you. Tiffany Hwang.”

 

{Date: 18 Feb 2018}

{Time: 4:15 PST, 21:15 KST}

 

[Tiffany’s point of view]

 

Why in the world am I awake at such an unearthly hour? I’ve been lying on my bed for the past 5 hours and there’s no hint of sleepiness at all. So here I am now, lying on my couch, randomly switching TV channels.

 

That voice from KBS World perked me up. That girl. It’s that girl. I found myself so engrossed in the performance. I didn’t move an inch for probably 3 minutes or so until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter