Part 9: The party

Hide and Seek

a/n: uhm, guys...i forgot to tell you that Jonghyun is taller in my universe :)) and the setting is during December...hoho~ even if we are already in the middle of the year xD i'll explain everything when this is done..btw, there's another sound track here...i hope it plays :)) thank you and enjoy everyone~ ♥

- - -

Part 9: The party

- - -

 

“No, really, I was first.” Jonghyun said as he and Kibum argued on who was faster.

“You are terribly mistaken. I was first.”

They kept on arguing when one of the students, who were serving as a waiter, walked towards them and cleared his throat to get the pair’s attention. They both looked at him and sat properly. They didn’t realize that they were leaning on the table closer to each other until the arrival of the waiter.

“Hi, excuse me.” He said with a cute smile. “I noticed that you two are arguing. May I ask why?”

“Hey Kevin!” Kibum greeted the student. “Ah, because this dino here can’t accept the fact that I was faster than him.”

“Faster in?” Kevin asked.

“Hold on Babe, I was faster.” And he turned to Kevin. “Tying a cherry stalk. You know that little game right?” Jonghyun answered.

“Oh! You mean that cherry myth game? Of course who doesn’t?” Kevin said as he clapped his hands in recognition.

“Myth?” the pair asked.

“You mean, both of you don’t know the myth? And yet you are playing the game? That’s something.” He chuckled

“Just tell us what it is.” Kibum said.

“There are many versions of the myth but the most common one is that; If you could tie a cherry stalk with just your mouth, in the shortest time possible, you are a great kisser.” By the time Kevin finished the myth, Kibum was flushed in different shades of red and Jonghyun’s mouth was hanging open. “That’s it.”

“That’s a nice story you have there. I almost believed you.” Jonghyun said with a nervous laugh.

“I wasn’t making things up.”

“Oh.”

“Yes, Oh.” Kevin said as he wriggled his eyebrows suggestively. “Then, I guess my work is done here. Bye guys.” And he walked in through a door, maybe the makeshift kitchen.

When they were finally alone, it felt a little awkward. Kibum sipped his latte and Jonghyun his cake. They finished in silence.

- - -

When the final day came, students gathered at the big stage that was set upped on the football field. It was about six pm when the party prior to the awarding ceremony started. It was a so chilly actually.

To Kibum, who ever thought about an outdoor stage in the middle of December was crazy. He was desperate for warmth and what else could he do? He couldn’t bring layers and layers of blanket to warm him up.

“Hyung! What are you doing here just standing and freezing your cute off?” Taemin called as he stood by Kibum.

“I just finished my duties in the student body. Hey, aren’t you cold? I’m freezing!” Kibum replied eying the maknae. He was wearing gray skinnies, a printed shirt and a jacket which, in Kibum’s opinion was thin for the weather.

“Not really. Let’s go on the dance floor to warm you up.” He replied while pulling Kibum through dancing bodies. Kibum just let the younger pull him it was not a bad idea at all.

They went to the center of the dance floor and partied with everyone. They would be performing in a few minutes and loosening some frozen body parts was an absolute yes. After a while the dancers were called to come to the backstage.

They put on their makeup and re-touched their hair. The DJ announced about their performance and the crowd cheered. The lights dimmed and the current music died, there were just rumbles of voices and excited squeals. The dancers went to their positions and when the lights went on and music blasted from the speakers they just let their bodies be possessed by its flow and rhythm.

It was an awesome performance and that time, they did burn the dance floor with every dance step. Once on the backstage, they gave each other high fives, playful punches and slaps— the typical congratulation actions.

Kibum and Taemin went to get drinks on the nearby tent and they met Minho, Jinki and Jonghyun there.

“Don’t you think its fate that brought you here, Babe?” Jonghyun said as he slid on Kibum’s side.

“No. I think its bad luck that I saw you here.” Kibum replied with a glare.

“Why so mean? Last day you ki—“

“Oppaaaaaaa!” came Sulli’s voice, cutting Jonghyun. “Kibum oppa! That was a great solo!!! Yours too Taemin!” then she turned to Jonghyun, “I heard your band would also perform tonight? What will you sing?” she asked.

“Just wait and see. Speaking of that, I think we gotta go now.” Jinki said as he pulled the other to in the direction of the backstage.

“Good luck Minho!” Taemin said, smiling brightly.

“Hey! What about your Jonghyun appa?” Jonghyun said pointing at himself.

Kibum rolled his eyes and snorted. He looked at Jinki which said just go or you’ll regret it.

Jinki then cleared his throat and tugged the other two away.

- - -

*Click here for the sound track 'coz AFF is b!tching on me and i can't embed :/*

I may have run out of songs to sing…
I may have run out of words to say…
All that I want you to know is what I feel for you…
I love you.
As endless forever, our love will stay together…
You are all I need to be here with forevermore…

Kibum didn’t know exactly how he ended up in front of the stage. He remembered getting drinks from the food tent, he remembered meeting them there, he remembered the screaming students and he remembered being dragged by none other than Lee Taemin. And suddenly, it felt like déjà vu.


There are times, when I just want to look at your face with the stars in the night…
There are times when I just want to feel your embrace in a cold night…
I just can’t believe that you are mine now…

The smooth flow of the piano keys, the light strums on the guitar and the soft beat from the drums. Yes, he was not imagining things.


You were just a dream that I once knew,
Never thought I would be right for you…
I just can’t compare you with anything in this world,
You’re all I need to be here with forevermore…

Taemin said something but Kibum seemed to not have heard it. He just continued to gaze at the grand piano on stage and at the person who was weaving the music.


All those years, I've longed to hold you in my arms,
I've been dreaming of you…
Every night, I've been watching all the stars that fall down
Wishing you would be mine…

I just can’t believe that you are mine now…

It sounded familiar. When? Kibum asked himself. When did he hear it?


You were just a dream that I once knew,
Never thought I would be right for you…
I just can’t compare you with anything in this world,
You’re all I need to be here with forevermore.

 

Then he remembered about the tune in the music room once. That time when he was almost caught spying on whoever was playing.


Time and again,
There are these changes that we cannot end…
As sure as time keeps going on and on,
My love for you will be forevermore~

“It’s similar.” He said in a hushed voice, afraid that the music will somehow stop like he was just dreaming.


Wishing you would be mine~
I just can't believe that you are mine now…
You were just a dream that I once knew,
I never thought I would be right for you…

He remembered a rainy night with lightning and thunders. That time when he was so exhausted that a familiar tune lulled him to dreamland. Suddenly, the phone in his pocket seemed heavy.


I just can't compare you with anything in this world
As endless as forever
Our love will stay together
You're all I need to be here with forevermore…

 

“Hyung, he is looking at you.”

As endless as forever,
Our love will stay together
You're all I need
To be here with forevermore...

 

That was when it all made sense.

- - -

“Now, to announce the winner in the third year level may we call in …” the emcee announced.

And the moment to announce the winner in the third year level arrived. The dance floor was occupied mostly by the third year classes and their advisers.

 “Aish! Why can’t they just say who the winner is?! Not like this, killing us with the waiting.” One of Kibum’s classmates whined.

“Shush! They’re gonna say it now!”

“The winner is the class of Mr. Kim! Class 3-B!”

Kibum’s class cheered. They won! They were all happy and excited and went to hug and congratulate each other. Kibum was too happy and went to hug the person standing next to him. This person, as excited as him, stayed calm and just enveloped Kibum in his arms and patted his back.

“Kibuuuuum~!!! Jonghyuuuun~! We wooooon!!!” Then Amber joined their mini group hug followed by more of their classmates. All their effort didn’t go to waste and of course, Christmas Party!!!

After the ceremony, Kibum’s class went to their classroom for their prize. When the tickets were showed to them, they all cheered, even their professor. Excitement couldn’t be contained anymore and soon each of them had a ticket in hand.

It was a flight to Busan a day after tomorrow, but it was passed 12midnight then, so it would be tomorrow. The flight was scheduled at four in the morning and they were asked to come at least an hour before for airport matters.

“Babe, do you have some stuff to buy for the flight?” Jonghyun asked. They were still in the classroom, Mr. Kim briefing them about the dos and don’ts in the airport. Since Jonghyun traveled a few times before, he knew those already, and so was Kibum who was fiddling with his phone putting up reminders and other notes.

“Like what?” Kibum asked back, looking at the person beside him with a raised eyebrow.

“Uhmmm, food? Munchies? You know…” Jonghyun used his hands to elaborate.

“Why don’t you ask the class president? I’m not the one who organized the party.”

“No, I mean, things you need for yourself.”

“What if I do?”

“I’ll accompany you.”

“Oh? Good thing I have everything I need in our house then.” Kibum said as he tucked the plane ticket and his phone in his messenger bag and placing it on the floor by his feet.

“Aaaw~ c’mon! I know you need something else.” Jonghyun whined, pouting a little.

“Like what?”

“Toothbrush? Toiletries? Soap?”

“I have extras in our house.”

“Snacks?”

“Those are in the cupboard already.”

“Choco-chipped cookies? Gummy bears? Pocky?”

“You know what? I hate you!” Kibum crossed his arms on his chest and huffed. All those munchies that Jonghyun mentioned were his entire favorite. Sure he stocked some in their house but it was just like Pringle’s: Once you popped, you cannot stop. And he just had to know that! That’s soooo unfair! Kibum thought looking away and refusing to talk to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun laughed inwardly then he turned to Mr. Kim as if listening to his last reminders before finally dismissing them. He grabbed the messenger bag before Kibum did and slung it on his shoulder.

“I’ll drive you home. It’s late.” He simply said as he turned to the direction of the door to leave. “Jinki and Minho gave your baby a ride, so don’t worry.”

“Wait! Give me my bag!” Kibum caught up with Jonghyun and tried to get his bag.

“You can thank me later.” Was what made Kibum stop pulling. He scoffed and mumbled something like pretending to be cool and what am I, a disabled person? But Jonghyun didn’t hear those, or he pretended to not hear as he started the car.

“Four pm, sharp.” Kibum said after he rang their doorbell.

“What about four pm?”Jonghyun asked as handed him his bag when the gate clicked.

“You know what I mean, stop acting innocent.” He replied as he snatched the strap of his bag.

“Well I’m not acting. What is it?”

If it wouldn’t look stupid and utterly childish, Kibum might have stamped his feet in frustration.

“Okay, fine. Never mind.” Kibum said then pushed the gate to go inside. But Jonghyun caught his wrist and stopped him. Kibum tried to pull his had away but Jonghyun tightened his grip just a fraction more.

“Hey, hey. I was just joking. I just wanted to make sure that what I am thinking is what you are thinking. Hmm?” Jonghyun went on.

He pouted and refused to look at Jonghyun, using his fringe to cover his face.

“Sure, I’ll go with you. There, don’t be angry now.” Jonghyun then tilted his head trying to catch Kibum’s eyes. Then he saw the younger pouting.

“Aish Bummie. If you keep on pouting like that,” he started, as if talking to a temperamental child. “I’ll kiss that pout away.”

Kibum turned his head, eyes wide. “You w-wouldn’t!” and he cursed himself for stuttering.

“Are you doubting me?” Jonghyun then smirked at him.

Kibum took a step backwards and he realized that Jonghyun was still holding his wrist. Jonghyun suddenly pulled him and all he could do was close his eyes tight and bite on his bottom lip. They were so close again and all Kibum could smell was Jonghyun’s ‘candy shop scent’.

A hand went to touch his cheek, he wanted to do something else than being frozen on the spot but, that was all he could do. Then he felt his lips, on his forehead.

Jonghyun pulled away, chuckling to himself. “See you at four pm later. ‘Night, Babe.”

He felt his wrist freed and he looked at Jonghyun who was smiling at him. He was still mad at him and that —even if he denied to himself— was not because Jonghyun made fun of him, but because Jonghyun kissed him on his forehead. What am I, a grandma?! Pfffft! He thought.

“You’re so cute when you are pouting, I just wanna eat you.” Then Jonghyun pinched his cheeks.

“Yaaaaah! Stop it!” Kibum said trying to pry Jonghyun’s hands away, but when Jonghyun just continued pinching his already red cheeks, he reach for the other’s cheeks and did the same, pinching harder.

“Ouch! Okay you win!!!” and they released each other, both had their cheeks red and slightly swollen.

Kibum poked his tongue out at him and went in the gate without another word.

“You’re such a kid sometimes.” Jonghyun whispered before going back to his car and driving home.

The double doors opened before Kibum even held the door knob and he jumped a little, surprised to see his mom holding it open.

“You gave me a scare there mom.” He said once inside, unlacing his shoes and putting it in the rack.

“I was about to check on you because you were taking so long after I opened the gate.” His mom explained.

“I just made arrangements with my…friend… oh! Mom, we won! Remember the play that I was talking about the other day?” his mom nodded. “We won! And we got a trip to a hot spring in Busan as a prize!!!” he said enthusiastically, almost jumping up and down.

“Congratulations dear. When are you going?”

“Tomorrow at four a.m.”

“And when will you be back?”

“On the third day.”

“Oh, then you can’t fetch your baby cousin. Mmm. Maybe I’ll send someone else.” His mom said more to herself as she handed Kibum a glass of milk.

“Who? Don’t tell me Chunhee is coming for the holidays?”

“Well, yes. You know her dad is always busy and we decided that she could stay with us this holiday.”

“That’ll be great! I’ll buy her something from Busan. And I will take her to the mall when I get back!”

“I’m happy that you’re okay with that.”

Kibum replied with a smile and a milky-mustache. “Of course I am, she’s like my child.” He downed the rest of the milk and placed it in the dishwasher. “I love you, Mom. Good night. I still have to pack my things later.” And he went to his room.

- - -

a/n: i just noticed that i put the wrong part name last time...this is the real part 9...sorry...and uh there are so many errors everywhere...actually, English is not my first language so please excuse me...i'd love to recieve corrections too... READERS and SUBSCRIBERS thank you very much *hugs for all of you~* and thank you to all your COMMENTS... i really appreciate them and i learn a lot from you guys ;))

Song:Forevermore by Side A
photo by: IMtm @ deviantart